JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,281 through 15,300 (of 25,909 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Jan. wrote:

[/quote]

It depends on the context.

Mike,

With respect to this thread, we are discussing WHO IS THE WORD!

Although I would have preferred the name of the thread :

WHO WAS THE WORD since THE WORD never remained so, but WAS MADE FLESH, and also as flesh died and was glorified both himself and the Father as THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST  whom the Father sent, in order to redeem all, and to prevent humanity from eternal condemnation, and be he himself the sacrifice, by which his enemies were convinced of their victory!  

SO, when I asked you that question, I was referring to GOD’S WISDOM IN RELATION TO SCRIPTURES! NOT TO THE WORD WISDOM!

It seems to me rather, that IT LOOKS A BIT AWKWARD FOR YOU TO COMMIT YOURSELF SINCE IT IS REGARDING GOD!

Notwithstanding the fact that there’s enough scriptures regarding WISDOM and its entity!

ARE YOU READY TO COMMIT YOURSELF AND STATE YOUR VIEWS, OBVIOUS ACCORDING TO YOUR WORLDLY WISDOM!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Charles,

You have my answer.

Btw, “the Word” never stopped being the Word. He was God's spokesman before he became flesh, while he was flesh, and remains God's spokesman to this very day.  He has been a servant of God from the moment God created him.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 19 2014,00:41)

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 16 2014,21:04)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 17 2014,04:31)
    The follow up question is about Revelation 19:13.  In that verse, does the phrase “the Word of God” still just refer to an unnamed thing that is poetically being personified as a living being?

Or does that phrase refer to an actual living person?

Mike,

Yes it does but then it states a person is called by the same name as it why means.

You are wrong on that one, Kerwin.  The Word of God in Revelation 19:13 is a specific person.  He is the same person who is also called the Lord of lords and King of kings.

The Lord of lords and King of kings is not a “thing” that is merely being personified.  He is a real living person.

Mike,

Do you see the phrase “called by the name of the word of God” being equivalent to “bearing the title of the word of God”?

Wakeup
    Participant

Kerwin.

No twisting scriptures for own purpose please.
    ***And His name is called THE WORD OF GOD***.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 19 2014,03:34)
    Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Do you comprehend that insulting me without cause?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 19 2014,09:46)

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

A name is not a title.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 19 2014,06:11)

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 19 2014,09:46)

Kerwin.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

A name is not a title.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

I am asking Mike if he believes that the word of God is one of Jesus' titles.

Jesus name is Jesus which means something the the Lord is Salvation and not the Word of God. It was an angel who told Mary to name her son Jesus and not the Word of God.

I believe Jesus is the human representative of all that being the word of God entails.

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Jan. wrote:

[/quote]

the Word” never stopped being the Word.

Mike,

My question was not REGARDING WHAT YOU AND I BELIEVE IN THE WORD

We both know where we stand.

My question was plain and clear

SO,HERE IT IS AGAIN:

When I asked you that question, I was referring to GOD’S WISDOM IN RELATION TO SCRIPTURES! NOT TO THE WORD WISDOM!

It seems to me rather, that IT LOOKS A BIT AWKWARD FOR YOU TO COMMIT YOURSELF SINCE IT IS REGARDING GOD!

Notwithstanding the fact that there’s enough scriptures regarding WISDOM and its entity!

ARE YOU READY TO COMMIT YOURSELF AND STATE YOUR VIEWS REGARDING GOD'S WISDOM AND ITS ENTITY, OBVIOUS ACCORDING TO YOUR WORLDLY WISDOM!

Mike, you know that it's my pleasure to write long posts, so WHAT IS YOUR AIM TO IGNORE MY QUESTION REGARDING WISDOM, AND SWAPPED AND POSTED A COMMENT REGARDING THE WORD

SO NOW READ MY VIEWS REGARDING THE WORD!

not the word /words of God,since He still pronounces His words up to now to whom He feels fit!

IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God.

From the above it is evidently clear that John stated everything in the PAST TENSE, so to me

the WORD was only so in the beginning,

THEN:

3 All things were made by him: and without him was made nothing that was made.

So THE WORD MADE everything, and IT'S no longer creating SINCE ALL THINGS WERE MADE! so now, everything is in the process  which is subject to ALL what the WORD made!including REDEMPTION!and the OWNERSHIP of CREATION!

I said already that God enriches Himself, so although He  used His Word, as His own Spirit Being in all His attributes, and in His total power,to create all, He still maintained all His attributes, and full power! AND OBVIOUS SPEAKS HIS WORDS!

Also in order for the Word to become flesh, it was vital to come out from the creation process, in total perfect MICROCOSMIC BODY AS A WOMAN VIRGIN MARY, THE WORD'S GENUINE SUBSTANCE THROUGH NATURE!  

NATURE ACCOMPLISHED PERFECTION THROUGH THE WORD IN THE HUMAN BODY OF THE WOMAN FIRST!

1 Corinthians 11:3………….. THE HEAD OF THE WOMAN IS THE MAN…………….!

THEN THE HOLY SPIRIT FROM THE FATHER, THEREFORE GOD'S SPIRIT, CONCEIVED THIS WORD'S PERFECT GENUINE SUBSTANCE, THEREFORE NO LONGER THE WORD, AND THROUGH THIS PROCESS, WHICH HAS NOTHING WHAT SO EVER TO DO WITH OUR PROCESS, OBVIOUS,

THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH

BUT THIS TIME NOT FROM NATURE BUT FROM HEAVEN, DIVINE  AS HE HIMSELF SAID:

John 8:23 And he said to them: You are from beneath,

I AM FROM ABOVE .

You are of this world,

I AM NOT OF THIS WORLD.

Then, THE WORD as flesh died his death, so he never remained flesh!

But He resurrected and GLORIFIED with the same glory of the Father:

AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AND JESUS CHRIST!

Jesus confirmed this Himself in:

John 13:………….. Jesus said: Now IS THE SON OF MAN GLORIFIED, and God is glorified in him.

32 IF GOD BE GLORIFIED IN HIM, GOD ALSO WILL GLORIFY HIM IN HIMSELF.

John 17:1 Father, the hour is come, GLORIFY THY SON, THAT YOUR SON MAY GLORIFY THEE.

John 20:17 …………..I ascend to ( THE GLORY OF) my Father and to your Father, to (THE GLORY OF )my God and your God.

FROM THAT MOMENT IN TIME JESUS IS NO LONGER, THE WORD, THE WORD MADE FLESH, AND THE SON,

BUT HE GLORIFIED AS THE ONLY TRUE GOD AND JESUS CHRIST

IT IS CONFIRMED HEREUNDER:

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be, which shall go forth from my mouth: it shall not RETURN TO ME VOID,

OK IT IS NO LONGER VOID AS IT LEFT THE FATHER AS THE WORD

but it shall do whatsoever I please, and shall prosper in the things for which I sent it.

OK SO NOW, SINCE EVERYTHING IS MADE IT IS SIMPLY PROSPERING IN ALL THINGS WHICH THE WORD MADE!

I KNOW IT'S LONG BUT YOU ASKED FOR IT !

YOU MIKE, HAVE ONLY ONE WAY TO ENTER INTO HEAVEN, TO BELIEVE IN HIM, BECAUSE ONLY HIM WILL SHOW YOU THE FATHER IN HIMSELF

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 18 2014,15:11)

The follow up question is about Revelation 19:13.  In that verse, does the phrase “the Word of God” still just refer to an unnamed thing that is poetically being personified as a living being?

Mike,

Yes it does but then it states a person is called by the same name as it why means.

You are wrong on that one, Kerwin.  The Word of God in Revelation 19:13 is a specific person.  He is the same person who is also called the Lord of lords and King of kings.

The Lord of lords and King of kings is not a “thing” that is merely being personified.  He is a real living person.

Mike,

Do you see the phrase “called by the name of the word of God” being equivalent to “bearing the title of the word of God”?

Absolutely Kerwin…….. why not? ???

We could also say that Kal Hatze, the word of the King of Abyssinia, has as one of his NAMES, “The Word of the King”.

We could also say that Barak Obama has as one of his NAMES, “Mr. President”.

Agreed?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Charles,

Like I've told you over and over, I rarely get past the second or third sentence of your manifesto posts. So, keeping in line with that practice, I haven't used up my time reading this last huge post of yours.

But like I told you before, IT DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT.

Now, if you want to list ONE scripture that has the word “wisdom” in it, I will tell you what it means in THAT PARTICULAR CONTEXT.

I am NOT going to “generalize” it for you, just because you want me to.  It doesn't work that way, because “wisdom” means various different things in various different contexts in the scriptures.

Wakeup
    Participant

Carmel.

I understand what you are saying.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……….If you simply understand God is A SPIRIT, and Sprits can “INDWELL” Flesh bodies, God the FATHER was INDEED “IN” JESUS just as Jesus said over and over. Jesus clearly said the Father that is “IN” me “HE” Does the works that statement along should tell us all that Jesus was not the God that was in him.

God and His word are one and the same thing. just as Jesus and his words are, and you and your words are , unless you are quoting someone as Jesus was. He was telling us God the Fathers words, not His words. God the Father was “IN” Jesus by the CHRISTOS “anointing spirit” and cohabited with him in Jesus' body via his (God's) spirit. It was not Jesus who said destroy this “temple” and in three days I (GOD) shall raise it up That was God the Father speaking “directly” through the mouth of the “MAN” Jesus. IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 20 2014,22:20)
    To all……….If you simply understand God is A SPIRIT, and Sprits can “INDWELL” Flesh bodies, God the FATHER was INDEED “IN” JESUS just as Jesus said over and over. Jesus clearly said the Father that is “IN” me “HE” Does the works that statement along should tell us all that Jesus was not the God that was in him.

God and His word are one and the same thing. just as Jesus and his words are, and you and your words are , unless you are quoting someone as Jesus was. He was telling us God the Fathers words, not His words. God the Father was “IN” Jesus by the CHRISTOS “anointing spirit” and cohabited with him in Jesus' body via his (God's) spirit. It was not Jesus who said destroy this “temple” and in three days I (GOD) shall raise it up That was God the Father speaking “directly” through the mouth of the “MAN” Jesus. IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………………..gene

G

Jn 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

THINK ABOUT IT

Wakeup
    Participant

Gene b.

So when did this man Jesus exist?
    Please explain.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 20 2014,00:25)

Quote (kerwin @ Jan. 18 2014,15:11)

Mike,

Mike,

Absolutely Kerwin…….. why not?  ???

We could also say that Kal Hatze, the word of the King of Abyssinia, has as one of his NAMES, “The Word of the King”.

We could also say that Barak Obama has as one of his NAMES, “Mr. President”.

Agreed?

Mike,

I believe name is synonymous with title but some like wakeup seems to disagree.

I am not sure that having the title the word disagrees with name meaning:

the name is used for everything which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, i.e. for one's rank, authority, interests, pleasure, command, excellences, deeds etc.

: as names had meanings in those times. Titles have meanings even today.

I do not have an idea of how much a man that is called the word of a king has but the word if God us powerful indeed.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 21 2014,09:51)
    Gene b.

So when did this man Jesus exist?
    Please explain.

wakeup.

Wakeup……..depends on which way your applying the word “EXIST”, If an Architect draws a building plan, that building does exist on paper, but not in reality until it is actually built.

Same with Jesus, he was in the plan of God, from the foundations of the world, as part of God the Fathers Master Plan, but he did not come into ACTUAL EXISTENCE until the right TIME, the MASTER ARCHITECT GOD the FATHER, wanted him to.

You need to ask yourself why would God ever want to take a different preexisting Being of some kind and “MORPH” him into a human, and try to pass him off as a human being in the first place and then use him to demonstrate, to other humans, how they could live a Perfect , holy and sinless life. That would be deceptive on Gods Part to do it that way, right?

Satan want us to believe Jesus was different then we are , so he started that, false teachings that would “SEPARATE” Jesus' EXACT IDENTITY with the rest of humanity. Think about it,it's a very cleaver plan, makes people think Jesus was not “TRULY” like they them , why so they would think they could not really attain to the the measure and “FULL” Stature of Jesus.
    how?, by making Jesus different then were are.

This iniquity started at the time of the Apostles, John and Paul, who fought against it , it was the Gnostic's that Satan first used to start this idea that Jesus was not truly a human being, but was a God “disguised” as One. They taught, that he was a God that came forth from the place of the Gods.

That is why Paul said, this iniquity was already at work in his time. This concept, that Jesus did not come as a pure flesh being was exactly what John was talking about concerning the Antichrist teachings, It makes people think, Jesus was not just a human, exactly as we are. He said that whosoever does not believe that “CHRIST” or the CHRISTOS can not in, or (INTO), the Flesh was ANTICHRIST'S or ANTI-CHRISTOS or against the ANOINTING SPIRIT, coming into a FLESH PERSON and that person was the “MAN” JESUS.

That is exactly why he wrote 2Ths 2 To Show that this teaching of the man Jesus, who is the only one sitting in the temple of God, and being displayed as a GOD was a LIE>

Jesus plainly said “MANY” will come in my name and say that I AM, and “DECEIVE” MANY yes they will deceive many saying Jesus “preexisted” his berth on this earth and saying that he is a “GOD” also. This “LIE” is EXACTLY what Satan want people to believe, he wants People to believe Jesus was different, then the rest of his brother and sisters, because it works to moves him away from us all, so we can't “EXACTLY IDENTIFY with him, so we will see him as a perfection which not available to the rest of humanity. That is the BIG LIE and all who buy into it do not love the truth and God has sent into the a DELUDING SPIRIT, just as 2 Ths 2 says.

He that has an ear let him hear.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Geneb.

You said that Jesus was in Gods plan.(drawing board).

1. Why did Jesus say,that He had *glory* with God before the
    world was?
    2. How can just a plan; have glory with the planner?
    He must have been there with God,to have glory.
    3.Why did Jesus say, I came FORTH FROM THE FATHER.
    I PROCEEDED *OUT* OF THE FATHER.
    NOT OUT OF GOD'S WORK;BUT OUT OF GOD HIMSELF.
    4.Do you really believe that Jesus is a creature?
    5.If so than a creature, created all creatures?

Can you explain?

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wakeup,

1.  Good point.  I agree.

2.  Good point.  I agree.

3.  If in the beginning, there was ONLY God the Father, then EVERYTHING that exists today must have ultimately come out from the Father.  So I agree, but it doesn't make your point.

4.  Jesus is in fact the firstborn of every creature and the beginning of the creation by God.  (Col 1:15, Rev 3:14) He was created as the first of God's works, and his origins are from ancient times, days of old. (Prov 8:22, Micah 5:2)

5.  Jesus was never said to have “created” anything at all.  The truth of the scriptures is that God created all things THROUGH Jesus.  Having things created THROUGH you does not make you “God the Creator”.  

For example, you were created THROUGH your parents, but your parents are not “God the Creator”.

Wakeup
    Participant

Mike b.

4. Jesus is in fact the firstborn of every creature and the beginning of the creation by God. (Col 1:15, Rev 3:14) He was created as the first of God's works, and his origins are from ancient times, days of old. (Prov 8:22, Micah 5:2)

5. Jesus was never said to have “created” anything at all. The truth of the scriptures is that God created all things THROUGH Jesus. Having things created THROUGH you does not make you “God the Creator”.

4. Col1:15.18. Is all about JESUS.*NOT THE WORD*.
    The difference between the two is that:
    The word was *BEFORE* He was made flesh.
    Jesus is *AFTER* He was made flesh.
    The Word was not created;but was with God from
    everlasting;UNTILL God spoke out,His Word.
    WHEN THE CREATION IN HEAVEN(angels)STARTED;In
    the beginning WAS THE WORD.

5. For *BY HIM* are all things made,things seen and unseen.
    And *FOR HIM*. So that God can be glorified *THROUGH
    HIM*. ALL things are framed *BY THE WORD OF GOD*.
    And Jesus is that Word. And He will come back not
    as Jesus; but as THE WORD OF GOD.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Proverbs 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

POSSESSED ME.

Proverbs 8:23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

SET UP FROM EVERLASTING,FROM THE BEGINNING.
    In the beginning was the Word,and the Word Was with God.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

The Word was made flesh in BETHLEHEM.
    He/Word, was from everlasting *IN* God,untill God spoke out.(the beginning of creation of the heavenly creatures).

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,281 through 15,300 (of 25,909 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account