JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 13,961 through 13,980 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

T,

Where in all that you quoted does it state that Jesus is not Mary's child? I did not see it.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 15 2013,03:05)

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 14 2013,21:23)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 14 2013,12:03)

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 14 2013,06:54)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 11 2013,18:56)
    WAKEUP

No,

the “WORD OF GOD” (JOHN1-1-14) HIS JESUS)

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
    Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
    Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
    Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
    Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
    Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
    Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

CHRIST ,THE SON OF GOD ,WAS SEND TO EARTH TO SAVE MEN,

Col 1:15 He(CHRIST) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
    Col 1:20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
    Col 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.
    Col 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—

Pr 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
    before his deeds of old;
    Pr 8:23 I was appointed from eternity,
    from the beginning, before the world began.
    Pr 8:24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
    when there were no springs abounding with water;
    Pr 8:25 before the mountains were settled in place,
    before the hills, I was given birth,
    Pr 8:26 before he made the earth or its fields
    or any of the dust of the world.
    Pr 8:27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
    when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
    Pr 8:28 when he established the clouds above
    and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
    Pr 8:29 when he gave the sea its boundary
    so the waters would not overstep his command,
    and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
    Pr 8:30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
    I was filled with delight day after day,
    rejoicing always in his presence,
    Pr 8:31 rejoicing in his whole world
    and delighting in mankind.

PAY ATTENTION NOW TO NEXT VERSE ;

Lk 1:15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from birth.

THIS IS NOT CHRIST THAT IT IS TALK ABOUT ;BUT JOHN THE BAPTIST ;LOOK HE HIS FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT SINS BIRTH ,

SO HE MUST HAVE BEEN GREATER THAN CHRIST HIMSELF ??? SOME SAY THAT CHRIST BIRTH  WAS NOT DIPPED IN THE HOLY SPIRIT ,

Lk 1:32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,
    Lk 1:33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.”

I THINK,THAT THIS IS TALKING ABOUT THE BIRTH OF CHRIST ,RIGHT ?? YES

IT LOOKS TO ME THAT HE WAS APPOINTED ” ANOINTED”  SEND” CAME DOWN FROM THE FATHER JUST AS HE SAID HE WAS ,

BUT I KNOW SOME DO NOT BELIEVE HIM ,

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW

Terra.

This is what I have said;why are you disageeing??

quote:The word of God is spirit,and that spirit
    God made flesh/Jesus

wakeup.

wakeup

quote:The word of God is spirit,and that spirit
    God made flesh/Jesus

THIS IS FALSE RELIGION BELIEVE ;

SORRY I DISAGREE WITH IT ;

CHRIST HIS ,WAS , A SPIRIT BEING PRIOR TO BE MADE ,AND COME IN THE FLESH;

IS THAT WHAT YOU BELIEVE ???AS WELL ??

Terra.

God is a spirit,so His Word is also spirit.
    *His Word was made flesh*.
    He was made the temple of God.
    And he dwelleth amongst us,so we can see his glory.
    He is the light of the world,but the world
    could not comprehend.

So yes,thats about it.But dont forget that God
    brought him forth in the beginning, a living being,and they had glory together,creating all things.

wakeup.

wakeup

we are now ,no longer believing the same things,

you by given the made up version of your God and his son ,

and not believing WHAT THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD ADD SAID ,SO MANY TIMES;

AND THIS I DO ,BELIEVE HIS WORDS ,WITH ALL MY HEART ,

SO I WILL LEAVE THIS DISCUSSION ,

Terra.

You say you believe,but in your heart,if it does
    not agree with *you* you dont believe.

John the babtist never drank wine,but Jesus did.
    wat say you?

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 15 2013,08:29)
    T,

Where in all that you quoted does it state that Jesus is not Mary's child?  I did not see it.

Kerwin.

Not easy to deal with Terra.

The woman that bears the child is the mother.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 15 2013,05:44)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 15 2013,08:29)
    T,

Where in all that you quoted does it state that Jesus is not Mary's child?  I did not see it.

Kerwin.

Not easy to deal with Terra.

The woman that bears the child is the mother.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

I am waiting for him to explain why he does not believe Jesus was not conceived in Mary's womb. His answer so far is Jesus “is not hers”.

terraricca
    Participant

WAKE UP AND KERWIN

do you really take me for an ignorant in scriptures; this was your mistake if you did ;

I AM TRULY TIRED OF YOUR GAMES ; AND TRY TO MAKE THE ONLY ONE TO BE ANSWERING YOUR RIDICULE QUESTIONS ;WHERE YOU CAN FIND ANSWERS EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WANT THEM;

SO SINS YOU HAVE TAKEN YOUR STAND NOT TO ANSWER ME ;THIS CONVERSATION IS NOW ALSO CLOSE

kerwin
    Participant

T,

I have answered your questions. You may disagree with my answer but that is another matter. You on the other hand have not answered my questions.

Do you believe Jesus was made of Mary and conceived in her womb just as Scripture explicitly says?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……..That is Pierre's normal MO, he can not stay on subject matter, he just rambles on trying to divert subject matter. You should expect nothing else from him by now brother. IMO

Are you following the debates between , jb2u and T8 and Mike, and noticing how sound jb2u is in presenting the truth from scriptures , the spirit of truth is with him brother IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 13 2013,14:44)
    “born “can be used figuratively or even loosely applies

Could you give an example when “born” does NOT refer to the beginning of something/someone?

And even if you find such an example, will you concede that “born” GENERALLY refers to the beginning of someone/something?

If it was instead written in an account:
    And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called John, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb
    Then you would not believe John existed before he was conceived.

Luke 1:36
    And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

It says John was conceived in the womb of Elizabeth, yet Jesus hints that John was really Elijah, who had already pre-existed that CONCEPTION in Elizabeth, right?

That is reincarnation and involves the soul entering a new body and not one that already exists.

But it says “CONCEIVED”, right?  It is the same exact Greek word that is used for Mary conceiving Jesus, right?

The word conceived’s meaning in the context of Luke 2:21 does not allow for it.

The SECOND conception of Elijah in the womb of Elizabeth DOES allow for it.

As it sits, origins can be used to speak of when the idea of Jesus first came to be in God’s head and conceived is speaking of the flesh.

Can you show me a SCRIPTURAL example of “origin”, where it doesn't refer to the beginning of someone/something?

Kerwin, you are making your own rules up as you go to keep your doctrine intact. Because you believe one way, you just up and claim that certain words CAN'T be used certain ways in scripture.  

But what if we didn't have the teaching in scripture where Elijah was conceived a second time? What if Jesus was the only one in scripture that was said to have been conceived in the womb of a woman after already existing in heaven?

Would you then be able to claim that it simply can't be, because there are no other scriptural examples of such a thing? Not honestly.

But in this case, it doesn't matter anyway. Because we DO have that other example of someone who lived in heaven before being conceived in the womb of a woman, right?

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

Could you give an example when “born” does NOT refer to the beginning of something/someone?

And even if you find such an example, will you concede that “born” GENERALLY refers to the beginning of someone/something?

First born = Heir; even when the individually is not the first born. It can also mean primary or greatest.
    Born = conceived in some cases, which sounds like what you are saying.
    Born = revealed in some cases as well.  The more literal meaning.  

I have not made a study of the matter but to see where you are going lets assume your premise is true.

Luke 1:36
    And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

It says John was conceived in the womb of Elizabeth, yet Jesus hints that John was really Elijah, who had already pre-existed that CONCEPTION in Elizabeth, right?

(kerwin @ Sep. 13 2013,14:44)
    That is reincarnation and involves the soul entering a new body and not one that already exists.

But it says “CONCEIVED”, right?  It is the same exact Greek word that is used for Mary conceiving Jesus, right?

Resurrection is when an old soul receives a new body and I am not prepared to state Jesus is not a preexistent soul in a new body without more knowledge.  Still, I suspicion it is not so.

Can you show me a SCRIPTURAL example of “origin”, where it doesn't refer to the beginning of someone/something?

Now that I demonstrated that origin can refer to idea that came to be realized in the subject you put more limitations on me.   The closes I found in Scripture is 2 Peter 1:21.

2 Peter 1:21
    New International Version (NIV)

21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

But in this case, it doesn't matter anyway.  Because we DO have that other example of someone who lived in heaven before being conceived in the womb of a woman, right?

Jesus was not saying what you think he was because the angel that foretold John the Baptist's conception and birth stated John would go “in the spirit and power of Elijah”. It was irrelevant to your post so I did not mention it then.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 15 2013,09:02)
    Kerwin……..That is Pierre's normal MO,  he can not stay on subject matter, he just rambles on trying to divert subject matter.  You should expect nothing else from him by now brother. IMO

Are you following the debates between , jb2u and T8 and Mike, and noticing how sound jb2u is in presenting the truth from scriptures , the spirit of truth is with him brother IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

Gene,

I have not yet done so.

jammin
    Participant

To all,
    The word is christ rev 19:13
    End of topic

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 15 2013,15:17)
    To all,
    The word is christ rev 19:13
    End of topic

Jammin,

The Word is the Word by which the ages were preferred. Jesus is called by its name.

jammin
    Participant

No. You may read rev 19:13 kerwin. The word is christ himself

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 15 2013,08:21)
    T,

I have answered your questions.  You may disagree with my answer but that is another matter.  You on the other hand have not answered my questions.

Do you believe Jesus was made of Mary and conceived in her womb just as Scripture explicitly says?

K

just for the record ;where is your answer ??? look for not found

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 15 2013,22:14)

T,

I have answered your questions.  You may disagree with my answer but that is another matter.  You on the other hand have not answered my questions.

K

T,

Your question:

how many knew that Joseph WAS NOT THE FATHER OF JESUS

My answer:

I do not know as Scripture does not say nor can I derive that answer from what it does say.

Some of what I do know that is related:

I do know that Luke knew and he was the one who wrote that Jesus was conceived in his mother's womb. I also know the angel that spoke with Mary knew and he told her Jesus would be conceived in her womb.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 15 2013,20:31)
    No. You may read rev 19:13 kerwin. The word is christ himself

Jammin,

I have read it and what it teaches us is that at the time Revelations 19:13 speaks of Jesus is called by the name of the Word of God. In its context he is also called faithful and true.

It is only when Jesus is brought into the world that God instructed the angels to pay homage to him, Hebrews 1:6. They have continuously paid homage to the literal Word of God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 16 2013,04:14)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 15 2013,22:14)

T,

K

T,

Your question:

how many knew that Joseph WAS NOT THE FATHER OF JESUS

My answer:

I do not know as Scripture does not say nor can I derive that answer from what it does say.

Some of what I do know that is related:

I do know that Luke knew and he was the one who wrote that Jesus was conceived in his mother's womb. I also know the angel that spoke with Mary knew and he told her Jesus would be conceived in her womb.

K

1) Lk 1:26 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,

2) Lk 1:28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

3) Lk 1:30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.

4) Lk 1:31 You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus.

5 ) Lk 1:34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

6) a) Lk 1:35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you,

b) the power of the Most High will overshadow you.

7) So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

this is the story of the birth of Christ from 1–7, where is it that the angel Gabriel says that MARRY WILL ON HER OWN AND CONCEIVE THAT CHILD THAT AS TO BE CALLED “SON OF GOD ” ???

ONE MORE THING .WE ONLY SEE THE HUMAN MARRY AND GABRIEL THE ANGEL ;DO YOU SEE ANYONE ELSE ???

Mt 1:20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife,

LOOK WHAT THE ANGEL SAYS TO JOSEPH ” WOULD THIS NOT MEAN THAT “IT WAS OK TO LAY DOWN WITH HER AS MAN AND WIVE ??? WHAT YOU THINK ???

IT IS TRUE THAT NO MAN AS EVER BEEN BORN WITH ONLY 23 CHROMOZONES OR IS THERE ???

Mt 1:22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:
    Mt 1:23 “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.”

THIS PROPHECY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ALL OTHER PROPHECIES EVER WRITTEN

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 15 2013,16:23)
    It is only when Jesus is brought into the world that God instructed the angels to pay homage to him, Hebrews 1:6.  They have continuously paid homage to the literal Word of God.

Actually, it is when Jesus is to be sent into the world for the SECOND TIME that the angels will pay homage to him.  It is at that SECOND coming that all knees will bow to him.

And in order to be sent into the world a SECOND TIME, it means that he must have been sent into the world a FIRST TIME, right?

As for your second sentence………. in which scripture can I read about angels paying homage to “the literal word of God”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 15 2013,03:02)

Born = conceived in some cases, which sounds like what you are saying.

Kerwin, I am not asking about compound words like “firstborn”.  I am asking you to show a SCRIPTURAL example (or any example, really) where the word “born” (BY ITSELF) does NOT refer to the beginning of someone or something.

Resurrection is when an old soul receives a new body and I am not prepared to state Jesus is not a preexistent soul in a new body without more knowledge.  Still, I suspicion it is not so.

Well, I must admit you are getting closer than any of the other non-preexisters on this site.  :)  You have already opined that Phil 2:6-8 could easily be teaching that a pre-existent Jesus emptied himself and was made in the likeness of a human being ( just like the passage actually, exactly, and clearly states.)  

And now, you say you aren't prepared to say “Jesus is NOT a preexistent soul”. You are making great strides, my friend.

But you didn't really address the fact that Elijah was CONCEIVED for a SECOND time in the womb of Elizabeth, did you?

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)

Now that I demonstrated that origin can refer to idea that came to be realized in the subject you put more limitations on me.

Is that what you showed via the example in your last post?  :)  Show me in your example where the word “origin” (or “originated”, in this case) DIDN'T refer to the BEGINNING of something.

And then, you say the closest SCRIPTURE you can find is 2 Peter 1:21, which states that the ORIGIN (beginning) of prophecy is not with the prophet himself, but with God who gives the prophecy.  How exactly does the word “origin” in that verse NOT refer to the BEGINNING of a thing?   ???

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    But in this case, it doesn't matter anyway.  Because we DO have that other example of someone who lived in heaven before being conceived in the womb of a woman, right?

Jesus was not saying what you think he was because the angel that foretold John the Baptist's conception and birth stated John would go “in the spirit and power of Elijah”.

What are you talking about?  

Malachi 4:5
    “See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.”

Matthew 17:10
    The disciples asked him, “Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?”

Matthew 11
    11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist……..

14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.

15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.

You seem to be glossing over the actual scriptural points I'm making, Kerwin.

Are you ready to concede that “origin” and “born” GENERALLY refer to the BEGINNING of a person or thing?

Wakeup
    Participant

Before the WORD was made flesh; all the angels worshipped *GOD* and his command(HIS WORD).

When the Word was made flesh(a person).(human).
    All the angels were to worship him,
    for he is the anointed,and the creator of all that is
    created.
    He was resurrected,and made so much better than the angels.(The man was made better than the angels).

Hebrews 1:9 **Thou hast loved righteousness**, and hated iniquity; therefore *God, even thy God*, hath *anointed thee* with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Hebrews 1:10 ****And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth****; and the heavens are the works of thine hands***.
    Is there a God beside me? No there is none.
    Beside me there is no saviour. Confusing?
    Not so,for Gods Word is within God.

John 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that ***I CAME OUT FROM GOD***. (beamed out).

John 16:28 ***I CAME FORTH FROM THE FATHER***, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.(GODS WORD CAME OUT FROM INSIDE GOD OUTWARD).
    The Word can appear as an angels if GOD wanted to.
    Which he did appear to Abraham,as an angel.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 13,961 through 13,980 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account