JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

• This topic has 25,660 replies, 115 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Jodi.
Viewing 20 posts - 9,741 through 9,760 (of 25,666 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 22 2012,19:32)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 22 2012,19:13)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 22 2012,18:38)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 21 2012,23:08)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 21 2012,17:56)

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 21 2012,17:51)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 21 2012,16:26)
    i think this limjunus is a filipino. LOL
    study common sense boy LOL

So, what's wrong of being a pilipino? what is the different between you and the pilipino, …Why the color of your blood is blue?

Where did you discharge your shits, in your mouth so that you can have a different with other races?

Jammin, show his color, racial discrimination.

Just admit that you are the one has no common sense, because you could not give the rightful answers with my questions.

:D

Jammin, My questions is almost 2 weeks.  you have failed to answer it.

Meaning, you are nothing here in this discussion.

Here is one of the 5-common sense.

Sense of embarrassing/ humiliation. That the common sense you have not.

think first before asking me boy.
    you said christ is not GOd and you are using NLT to support your doctrine.. you should be ashamed of yourself bec you are using a version that contradicts your belief.
    LOL

so you think is there a need to answer you boy???
    you cant even understand the version you are using. LOL

do you believe that your father is truly HUMAN???
    do you believe that you,just like your father,is truly HUMAN???

if your answer is yes, you should understnd by now the nature of Christ and his father.
    if your answer is no, then you have a big prblem boy LOL

you should study hard before talking to me…LOL

i think you are a member of iglesia ni cristo by felix manalo. LOL
    you have the teaching of that false preacher LOL

Jammin,

The NLT version is not contradicting the truth about the truly God.  

truly.
    bec the NLT believes that Christ is God
    John 1:18

New Living Translation (NLT)

18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

=——–
    therefore, your words are non sense boy LOL
    you are using a bible that contradicts your belief.(bec you believe that Christ is not God but NLT believes he is God)
    sorry boy. the NLT is not supporting your false doctrine LOL

Oh' really, Jammin?

Jesus Christ said, “My Father is the one and only truly God.”

Jammin said, “The begotten Son is the one and only truly God.”

Who is contradicting the truth about God, Jammin or Jesus Christ?

Jammin, stick with your mindset that Jesus Christ is the one and only truly God and I will stick to the words and mind of Jesus Christ, that his Father is the one and only truly God.

you talk non sense boy.

have not you read the john 1.18 of NLT??
    i thought Christ is not God, but NLT believes he is God.
    why are you using NLT to prove Christ is not God?? LOL

your brain has no nutrition boy.

carmel
    Participant

limjunus,Aug. wrote:

[/quote]

“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, “THE MAN” Christ Jesus

Limjunus,

Can you be kind enough to explain what the requirements HAD TO BE IN ORDER FOR JESUS TO ESTABLISH HIMSELF AS A MEDIATOR  between GOD and MAN considering the fact that many accept him as MAN, but not as GOD ??

How can Jesus be such a mediator and be only A MAN!!

I don't believe it is  possible for a normal  mediator to succeed and be accepted by two particular parties if he is not equally qualified in their respective GROUND.

Therefore Jesus Christ was only qualified as MAN AND NOT AS GOD???

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CAHRLES

carmel
    Participant

limjunus,Aug. wrote:

[/quote]

John 13:16 NKJV
    “Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.”

Father is the sender and greater than the sent, Jesus Christ. THE TRUE ONLY GOD, DID NOT SENT HIMSELF BUT HE SENT THE “CHRIST' THE SO CALLED THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD THE HEIRS OF EVERYTHING CREATED BY GOD.

Limjunus,

COULD God have come INTO THE WORLD AS A SPIRIT??? DEFINITELY NOT HE WOULD HAVE BEEN USELESS LIKE HE WAS IN THE OT!!

Could God have  send a SPIRIT INTO THE WORLD??? DEFINITELY NOT HE WOULD HAVE BEEN USELESS AS WELL!!

So God had come INTO THE WORLD BOTH AS A SPIRIT OF THE FATHER, AND AS MAN IN JESUS CHRIST??? DEFINITELY YES SINCE HE HAD TO BE A MEDIATOR, BETWEEN GOD AND MAN,HE COULDN’T BE A ONE SIDED MEDIATOR,ONLY A MAN, OR ELSE HE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO!!

BUT THE SPIRIT( OF THE FATHER) GIVES LIFE, THE FLESH (OF JESUS) COUNTS FOR NOTHING!!

SO THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER IS GREATER THEN THE FLESH BODY OF JESUS!! DEFINITELY YES!!

IN FACT JESUS, GOD'S GENUINE SPIRIT AS A SOUL DESTROYED THE FLESH HIMSELF PURPOSELY TO TRANSFORM IT INTO HIS SUBSTANCE:

SPIRITUAL FLESH THROUGH HIS SOUL

SO GOD THROUGH JESUS ACCOMPLISHED WHAT SATAN BELIEVED IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE, LIKE MOST OF YOU STILL BELIEVE.

GOD IN FLESH!!

SO YOU ARE KEEPING SATAN WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE.

John 17:1:2 As thou hast given him POWER OVER ALL FLESH,(TO BE GOD IN FLESH) that he may give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him

NOW READ THIS:

Jeremiah 32: 27And the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying: Behold I am the Lord the GOD OF ALL FLESH . shall any thing be hard for me?

WHO IS THE GOD OF ALL FLESH??? THE FATHER , THE SON , OR BOTH!!!

AND THIS:

41 And I will rejoice over them, when I shall do them good: and I will plant them in this land in truth, with my whole heart, and with all my soul

NOW,  WHO HAS A HEART( OF FLESH ),AND A SOUL, THE FATHER OR THE SON???  OR BOTH??? SINCE THE FATHER IS IN THE SON AND THE SON IS IN THE FATHER

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 21 2012,19:14)
    The plan [of Yahweh] became flesh, and tabernacled among us with the esteem of Yahweh's only begotten son [Yahshua].

Why would a plan of Yahweh have the glory of the Son of Yahweh? Is the plan actually Yahweh's Son?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 22 2012,01:56)
    Mike,

Jammin proclaimed: “Jesus Christ is the One and only truly God”

Jesus Christ proclaimed: “My father is the one and only truly God”

Now, who is no common sense, Jesus Christ or Jammin?

I will believe Christ over jammin every time.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 22 2012,03:02)
    How many times I have answered you about, Mike also have answered you already.

Give him a week or two, limjunis.  The same question will be back again, along with his accusations that we “haven't finished our homework”.  :)

Like I said, I've been having this discussion with him since page 1 of this thread.

It seems to me that we all have but ONE Almighty God who created us.  That ONE has a Son named Jesus.

So unless Jesus has a Son named Jesus, he can't possibly be that ONE.

You are making good points here, limjunis.  I hope you eventually join us in some of the other threads here.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

RELATIVELY FEW SCRIPTURES SEEM TO INDICATE ANY PRE-EXISTENCE OF JESUS

The vast majority of the scriptures are not used in any way in an attempt to prove the doctrine of pre-existence. For instance, from the entire Hebrew Scriptures only Genesis 1:26; Proverbs 8:22, 30 and Micah 5:2 are used in any attempt at such proof.

In the Greek Scriptures there is no hint of pre-existence in: Matthew, Mark, Luke, Acts, Romans, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, 1 and 2Thessalonians, 1 and 2Timothy, Titus, Philemon, James, 1 and 2 Peter, 1, 2 and 3 John, or Jude. The most significant book used for such proof is the Gospel of John. Additionally, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Philippians 2:6-8, Colossians 1:15-17, Hebrews 1:10-12 and Revelation 3:14 are all viewed as proof of the pre-human existence of Jesus.

THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS AND ACTS MAKE NO MENTION OF PRE-HUMAN EXISTENCE

Luke's introductory words to his Gospel are:

Luke 1:3,4

“I resolved also, because I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them in logical order to you, most excellent Theophilus, that you may know fully the certainty of the things that you have been taught orally.” In spite of Luke’s tracing ‘all things from the start with accuracy’ there is no mention throughout this gospel of Jesus having existed in another form prior to his birth. If such an idea were true, then from his own words, Luke would not have left out this vital information for Theophilus to 'know fully'. Luke firmly puts the coming into existence of Jesus as being at the time of his conception in Mary’s womb as we shall see in the next section. This is not a coming into only human existence that is spoken of in Luke, but of actual existence.

The gospel of Matthew similarly gives no hint of a pre-human existence for Jesus. It too explains Jesus’ conception as his time of coming into existence.

The Gospel of Mark does not deal with the events surrounding Jesus’ birth but makes its start with the events concerning the baptism of Jesus. However, a thorough examination of this entire gospel reveals no hint of a pre-human existence for Jesus.

The same applies to the book of Acts. Again, why did the only meeting recorded in the scriptures, of the body of Christians, namely the Jerusalem Council of Acts 15, discuss the major issue of whether or not Gentile Christians should keep the Mosaic law and yet makes no mention of the supposed revolutionary revelation that the Messiah had previously been an archangel in heaven?

THE RESEARCH OF THE LEADING SCHOLARS CONFIRMS THAT:

Matthew and Luke “show no knowledge of Jesus' pre-existence; seemingly for them the conception was the becoming (begetting) of God's Son”

Raymond Brown America's leading Catholic theologian.

“The idea of pre-existence lies completely outside the Synoptic sphere of view”

F.C. Baur Most distinguished Greek scholar.

“there is not a single reference in the Synoptic Gospels to Jesus having been the Son of God before his birth.” Professor William Sanday of Oxford.
    SOURCE:
    When Did God’s Son come into Existence?
    THE BACKGROUND TO THE IDEA OF PRE-EXISTENCE
    Ray Faircloth

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 23 2012,09:04)
    RELATIVELY FEW SCRIPTURES SEEM TO INDICATE ANY PRE-EXISTENCE OF JESUS

The vast majority of the scriptures are not used in any way in an attempt to prove the doctrine of pre-existence. For instance, from the entire Hebrew Scriptures only Genesis 1:26; Proverbs 8:22, 30 and Micah 5:2 are used in any attempt at such proof.

In the Greek Scriptures there is no hint of pre-existence in: Matthew, Mark, Luke, Acts, Romans, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, 1 and 2Thessalonians, 1 and 2Timothy, Titus, Philemon, James, 1 and 2 Peter, 1, 2 and 3 John, or Jude. The most significant book used for such proof is the Gospel of John. Additionally, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Philippians 2:6-8, Colossians 1:15-17, Hebrews 1:10-12 and Revelation 3:14 are all viewed as proof of the pre-human existence of Jesus.

THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS AND ACTS MAKE NO MENTION OF PRE-HUMAN EXISTENCE

Luke's introductory words to his Gospel are:

Luke 1:3,4

“I resolved also, because I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them in logical order to you, most excellent Theophilus, that you may know fully the certainty of the things that you have been taught orally.” In spite of Luke’s tracing ‘all things from the start with accuracy’ there is no mention throughout this gospel of Jesus having existed in another form prior to his birth. If such an idea were true, then from his own words, Luke would not have left out this vital information for Theophilus to 'know fully'. Luke firmly puts the coming into existence of Jesus as being at the time of his conception in Mary’s womb as we shall see in the next section. This is not a coming into only human existence that is spoken of in Luke, but of actual existence.

The gospel of Matthew similarly gives no hint of a pre-human existence for Jesus. It too explains Jesus’ conception as his time of coming into existence.

The Gospel of Mark does not deal with the events surrounding Jesus’ birth but makes its start with the events concerning the baptism of Jesus. However, a thorough examination of this entire gospel reveals no hint of a pre-human existence for Jesus.

The same applies to the book of Acts. Again, why did the only meeting recorded in the scriptures, of the body of Christians, namely the Jerusalem Council of Acts 15, discuss the major issue of whether or not Gentile Christians should keep the Mosaic law and yet makes no mention of the supposed revolutionary revelation that the Messiah had previously been an archangel in heaven?

THE RESEARCH OF THE LEADING SCHOLARS CONFIRMS THAT:

Matthew and Luke “show no knowledge of Jesus' pre-existence; seemingly for them the conception was the becoming (begetting) of God's Son”

Raymond Brown America's leading Catholic theologian.

“The idea of pre-existence lies completely outside the Synoptic sphere of view”

F.C. Baur Most distinguished Greek scholar.

“there is not a single reference in the Synoptic Gospels to Jesus having been the Son of God before his birth.” Professor William Sanday of Oxford.
    SOURCE:
    When Did God’s Son come into Existence?
    THE BACKGROUND TO THE IDEA OF PRE-EXISTENCE
    Ray Faircloth

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

“The most significant book used for such proof is the Gospel of John.”

I distinctively remember the so-called “Reverend” of the Christian religion that I was baptized into at the age of 12 instructing us that when we start a study of Scripture that we start our study with the so-called “Book (or Gospel) of John”. I had also heard this same instruction given by a number of others of the Christian churches that we had attended. I had thought it strange that one start reading a book or series of books from somewhere other than the beginning like any other book. It is now clear to me why such an odd instruction is given concerning a reading or study of Scripture. What better way is there to indoctrinate one in the foolish, false, deceptive, and demonic teaching “Jesus IS God (or 'a god')!” and that he pre-existed his birth, but to instruct them to start their reading there and in turn to deceptively guide them in believing “Jesus IS God (or 'a god')! and that he pre-existed his birth”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 23 2012,07:17)

The plan [of Yahweh] became flesh, and tabernacled among us with the esteem of Yahweh's only begotten son [Yahshua].

Why would a plan of Yahweh have the glory of the Son of Yahweh?  Is the plan actually Yahweh's Son?

Mike,

Such foolish and twisted questions that you ask! :D

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

I do not see Jehovah as having an outer self as he is the living elemental force. He does have a spirit which is the elemental force of love. He has a soul though his Spirit does not.

jammin
    Participant

mike,

when we say God, the bible is saying that God is nature,. (phil 2.6
    God is form phil 2.6

when we say HUMAN, human is nature. human is your form.

you and your father are both HUMAN. you are truly HUMAN (unless you dont want this truth LOL..are you an animal boy>??)

Christ and his father are both God. truly God! john 1.1
    john 1.18
    phil 2.6

the bible said that. i believe in the bible

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 22 2012,17:27)

Why would a plan of Yahweh have the glory of the Son of Yahweh?  Is the plan actually Yahweh's Son?

Mike,

Such foolish and twisted questions that you ask!  :D

This the second time in just as many days that I ran with a claim that YOU made, and then you ended up calling ME foolish and twisted, Frank.   ???

Was is not YOU who said “the Word” in John 1:1 represented the “Divine Plan” of Yahweh?  YES, it was.

So, if we follow YOUR claim through, according to the very scriptures themselves, then the “Divine Plan” was with Yahweh in the beginning, and the Divine Plan actually WAS Yahweh, too.  And if we keep following YOUR claim through the 1st chapter of John, we learn in verse 14 that this “Divine Plan” became flesh, and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's Son.

(Note, this is YOUR claim, that you now call ME “twisted” for repeating.  ??? )

And if we keep following YOUR claim through to verse 15, we learn that this “Divine Plan” is what John the Baptist said was before him, even though it came after him.

And if we follow YOUR claim through to verses 26 and 29, we learn that John the Baptist said he was unfit to untie the sandals of this “Divine Plan”.

(Again, note that I'm only following YOUR claim, yet when I repeated YOUR claim, you called my post a “perversion”.)

Frank, the names you are calling MY posts are really directed at YOUR claims.  I just thought you ought to know that.

Oh, and btw, I AGREE that YOUR claim about a “Divine Plan” that WAS God becoming someone who is no longer God is “twisted”, “perverted”, and “foolish”.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 22 2012,18:23)
    Mike,

I do not see Jehovah as having an outer self as he is the living elemental force.  He does have a spirit which is the elemental force of love.  He has a soul though his Spirit does not.

Kerwin,

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 23 2012,12:01)

Mike,

I do not see Jehovah as having an outer self as he is the living elemental force.  He does have a spirit which is the elemental force of love.  He has a soul though his Spirit does not.

Kerwin,

Mike b.

The more we discus the word of God,the more of a mystery it gets.
    The mystery gets deeper and deeper.

Jesus said it already: No man knows the son but the father,and no man knows the father but the son:
    And he to whom the Son will reveal him.(its up to him).

Only Jesus can reveal this deep mystery,to whom he chooses.
    Pray and ask for it to be revealed.

wakeup.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 23 2012,11:57)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Aug. 22 2012,17:27)

Mike,

Such foolish and twisted questions that you ask!  :D

This the second time in just as many days that I ran with a claim that YOU made, and then you ended up calling ME foolish and twisted, Frank.   ???

Was is not YOU who said “the Word” in John 1:1 represented the “Divine Plan” of Yahweh?  YES, it was.

So, if we follow YOUR claim through, according to the very scriptures themselves, then the “Divine Plan” was with Yahweh in the beginning, and the Divine Plan actually WAS Yahweh, too.  And if we keep following YOUR claim through the 1st chapter of John, we learn in verse 14 that this “Divine Plan” became flesh, and dwelled on earth with the glory of God's Son.

(Note, this is YOUR claim, that you now call ME “twisted” for repeating.  ??? )

And if we keep following YOUR claim through to verse 15, we learn that this “Divine Plan” is what John the Baptist said was before him, even though it came after him.

And if we follow YOUR claim through to verses 26 and 29, we learn that John the Baptist said he was unfit to untie the sandals of this “Divine Plan”.

(Again, note that I'm only following YOUR claim, yet when I repeated YOUR claim, you called my post a “perversion”.)

Frank, the names you are calling MY posts are really directed at YOUR claims.  I just thought you ought to know that.

Oh, and btw, I AGREE that YOUR claim about a “Divine Plan” that WAS God becoming someone who is no longer God is “twisted”, “perverted”, and “foolish”.  :)

Mike,

No, it was not I who said “the Word in John 1:1 represented the Divine Plan of Yahweh.” I also never once suggested “the Divine Plan actually WAS Yahweh.”

This is only more of your perverted twisting of what is actually said and by who!

You and whoever you are giving reference to as “we” most definitely are being lead into a ditch!  :D

Oh, and BTW, I'm not into DIVINation! :D

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 23 2012,12:01)

Mike,

Kerwin,

Mike,

We are quite aware by now that you are clueless!  :D  

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 22 2012,16:54)
    ed,

it is hard to ignore the truth. it is hard to ignore the teaching of the apostle. john believes that the Word in john 1.1 is the son of God (christ)

John 1:14

Amplified Bible (AMP)

14 And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth.

sorry ed. but that is what the bible says.
    your illusion is not supported by the truth of the bible

Hi Jemmin,

Man-made doctored alterations of God's word carry no weight.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Aug. 22 2012,19:04)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 22 2012,02:24)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 21 2012,23:11)
    ed,

the bible said that the Word in john 1.1 is the son of God who is himself God. .

No, God's word does NOT say that.

Ed J,

But Jammin, insisting the God's words say it so.

Jammin said, Jesus Christ is truly God receiving order from his own Father, the one and only truly God.

Truly God, commanding a truly God or versa-versa?

Crushing head-on the fundamental doctrine from God, that He is alone and there is no other God besides me.

Ignoring also the doctrines of Jesus Christ. that his Father is the one and only true God

Hi limjunus,

Religious brainwashing is hard for some to overcome.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 22 2012,19:10)
    you talk too much limjunus.
    your words are non sense.

do you believe that your father is truly HUMAN??yes or no?

do you believe that you, just like your father, is also TRULY HUMAN?? yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

Are YOU suggesting that Jesus was not truly human?

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 23 2012,14:26)

Quote (jammin @ Aug. 22 2012,16:54)
    ed,

it is hard to ignore the truth. it is hard to ignore the teaching of the apostle. john believes that the Word in john 1.1 is the son of God (christ)

John 1:14

Amplified Bible (AMP)

14 And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth.

sorry ed. but that is what the bible says.
    your illusion is not supported by the truth of the bible

Hi Jemmin,

Man-made doctored alterations of God's word carry no weight.    

God bless

it is not doctored boy.
    it's what the bible says.
    rev 19.13 confirms that.
    Christ's name is the Word of God.

how about your imagination? can you read that the word in john 1.1 is the HS???
    give me ANY version that says that the Word in john 1.1-14 is the HS. can you give me one or not?

Viewing 20 posts - 9,741 through 9,760 (of 25,666 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account