JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,641 through 11,660 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 30 2012,03:06)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 29 2012,14:37)
    [

16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

unique means one of a kind

Jesus was indeed (Uniquely Begotten) Just like Adam was a uniquely begotten So of GOD also.

He was unique because God created a (Second ) Adam just as Paul explained and the second uniquely created Adam was a MAN Called Jesus, who had half of his HUMAN DNA Made by GOD'S Spirit. So he would look as Isiah described him to look.

No where does any Scripture say Jesus was “MORPHED” from another Previous existence in any bible text.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………….gene

are you sure??
    i think you do not know your bible

here is the verse
    Philippians 2:6-9

New International Version (NIV)

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

read it over and over again.

the meaning of nature GOD is he is GOD
    Philippians 2:6-9

New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.
    7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;
    he took the humble position of a slave
    and was born as a human being.

that is a word for word in the bible. Christ is just like his father. his father is God by nature and the son is also God by nature.

before he took the human form, he was in the form of God.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 30 2012,03:00)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 28 2012,21:24)
    my example is
    jammin responded to john, MY FATHER!

does it mean that john is NOT my father? yes or no>?

Okay,

Let's lay out the storyline first.

jammin watched his father, John, die in a car accident.  He hosted his father's funeral, and laid him to rest in the family cemetery plot.

Years went by, and one day, jammin was walking to the store to get some more mosquito coil for himself, when suddenly, he heard a voice from behind him saying, “jammin, my son!  I've missed you all of these years!”

jammin turned around to see it was indeed his father, whom he buried in the family plot all those years ago.  Overcome by emotion, jammin said to him, “My father!”, and, “My God!”

Now that we have the story, it is clear that John truly was your father.  It is not so clear that you thought John was also your God.  Your words COULD BE understood as, “My father!  Oh my God, how can this be?!?”

Anyway, there are two sides to every story, jammin.  And the fact that John, just three verse later, wrote, “these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God”, needs to also be considered.  (Well, that statement, along with the hundreds of other scriptures that CLEARLY testify that Jesus is someone OTHER THAN the God he is the Son of.)

In short, one cannot SENSIBLY build a doctrine on the excited exclamation of one man who was seeing someone he never thought he'd see again.  You cannot SENSIBLY ignore all the other scriptures that speak of Jesus being the Son, Servant, Prophet, Word, Messiah, Lamb, creation, Holy One, firstborn, Priest, Mediator, only begotten, and Messenger OF God – just to focus on the words that Thomas exclaimed in 20:28.

if my words could be understood as OH MY GOD then i will not say MY GOD. are you out of your mind mike? LOL

my faher and my God is not the same as OH MY GOD.

in fact, if thomas is not really saying that to jesus, jesus will surely not tolerate those words.
    jesus is really Lord and God just like his father.

there is no such thing as a little god just like your belief mike. LOL

you know youre confused. before you believe Christ is god and now you are changing it to God.

god is not God.

you do not know the language and do not act like you are better than those scholars who translated the bible.
    i suggest you make your own bible and put all your imagination to support your doctrine.

jammin
    Participant

im not ignoring those facts that jesus is the son, Word, messiah etc.
    but what you are saying is INCOMPLETE. you know the meaning of INCOMPLETE????

you are not saying the WHOLE TRUTH. that is a devil's work.
    the bible said CHRIST IS GOD just like his father. he came to earth and took the human form. phil 2.6
    the WORD (Christ) became flesh and you know that. you believe that he is THE WORD in john 1.1
    and that WORD (title of Christ) became flesh. therefore he is not really like us. he came to earth to serve and not to be served.

That is A gift from God but you are not accepting those facts.
    repent mike and be baptized

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 29 2012,06:31)
    Hi Jammin,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they said Jesus is the “Son of God” instead; as did Jesus.

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Jammin,

Where is “The Father” ever spoken of as “The Son”?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

carmel
    Participant

jammin,Dec. wrote:

[/quote]

and that WORD (title of Christ) became flesh.

Edj,

Reflect

JOHN DIDN'T SAY THE WORD BECAME MAN BUT FLESH

DID YOU EVER REFLECTED WHY JOHN FELT THAT IT IS MORE VITAL TO SAY THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND NOT MAN???

DID YOU GET IT ???

IS THERE ANY DOUBT THAT JESUS' SPIRIT, THE WORD, IS ONLY:

THE FLESH SUBSTANCE OF JESUS CHRIST

IS THERE ANY DOUBT THAT, SINCE MARY WAS COMCEIVED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT:

JESUS SOUL IS THE HOLY SPIRIT???

IS THERE THEREFORE ALSO ANY DOUBT THAT THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER THROUGH JESUS' BAPTIZM WAS OFFICIALLY:

ABIDING WITHIN THE SOUL OF JESUS???

IS THERE ANY DOUBT THEREFORE THAT JESUS CHRIST AS A HUMAN BEING:

SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY WAS GOD IN FULL, AND MAN IN FULL???

GOD COMPOSED THROUGHOUT FROM HIS GENUINE PURE SPIRIT.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

You are accidentally shouting. You can bold, italicize, and/or underline them by us the B,I, and/or U buttons to open and close what you wish emphasized.

You should rethink your words as God has/is the Holy Soul as well as having the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 42:1
    King James Version (KJV)

42 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

The human being Jesus has God's spirit placed on him. That makes him a son of God. He is the Son because all others, angels included, come to Yawheh through him.

That is why it is written:

1 Timothy 2:5
    King James Version (KJV)

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

and

Hebrews 1:6
    King James Version (KJV)

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

carmel
    Participant

kerwin,Dec. wrote:

[/quote]

You should rethink your words as God has/is the Holy Soul as well as having the Holy Spirit.  

Kerwin,

The souls was created by God forhumans only OK?

THE PURPOSE OF THE SOLE IS TO ACT AS A MEDIATOR BETWEEN THE FLESH BODY(EVIL) AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

THE SOUL IS JESUS' SPIRIT SUBSTANCE, SINCE HE IS THE ONLY MEDIATOR,AND THE ONLY ABODE OF THE FATHER IN US.

GOD IS ONLY A PURE SPIRIT.

HIS CREATURES ARE A COMPOSITION OF SPIRITS.

EVEN MATTER IS A SPIRIT, BUT AN EVIL SPIRIT TRANSFORMED INTO MATTER IN ORDER TO RETURN TO THE FATHER.

THE PROCESS WE ARE IN IS THE END OF THE LAST STAGE OF THE MATERIAL SUBSTANCE ,OUR FLESH, AND TO ADVANCE INTO THE FIRST STEP TO HOLINESS  ACCORDINGLY THROUGH OUR GENERAL SPIRITUAL BEHAVIOUR WHILE ON EARTH.

THE SOUL COULD EITHER ADVANCE INTO THE SPIRITUAL STAGE OF HOLINESS,OR  GO BACK IN FIRE TO START A DIFFERENT PROCESS TO BE PURIFIED ENOUGH IN ORDER TO ADVANCE INTO THE SPIRITUAL STAGE  OF HOLINESS.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Edj,

I want to add:

THAT THIS IS COMFIRMED HEREUNDER:

Isaiah:42:1 BEHOLD my servant, I will uphold him: my elect,

MY SOUL DELIGHTETH IN HIM SO JESUS’ SOUL IS THE HOLY SPIRIT

GOD CREATED SOULS DEFINITELY FOR HUMANS NOT FOR HIMSELF!!!

SO THE FACT THAT HE SAID:

MY SOUL is delited IN HIM,

IT IS DEFINITELY A REFERENCE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT HIMSELF AS THE SOUL WITHIN  JESUS' FLESH BODY,

WHICH FROM THE OTHERHAND IS JESUS' SPIRIT TRANSFORMED THROUGH NATURE IN MARY'S BODY,

THE END PRODUCT THROUGH CREATION, IN ORDER FOR JESUS' SPIRIT TO BECOME MOTHER EARTH, MANIFESTED IN MARY ALL HIN HIM, ALL BY HIM,

THEN:

I have given my spirit upon him, he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

IT IS ALSO CONFIRMED THAT THE FATHER'S SPIRIT IS UPON JESUS.

THE WORD UPON IS PURPOSELY USED,INSTEAD OF THE WORD WITHIN, TO ALSO CONFIRM THAT JESUS WAS TWO BEINGS IN ONE PERSON, AND STILL HAD TO GLORIFY, AND THROUGH HIS GLORIFICATION THEY WOULD BE COME

ONE UNIFIED BEING IN SPIRIT AND FLESH ETERNALLY

THIS IS CONFIRMED BY JESUS HIMSELF WHEN HE STATED THAT:

HE WILL RAISE THE TEMPLE WITHIN THREE DAYS.

WHICH IS A REFERENCE TO HIS FLESH BODY SUBSTANCE ONLY.

THEN ON THE THIRD NIGHT THE HOLY SPIRIT, JESUS' SOUL UNITED WITH JESUS' BODY AND BECAME WHAT HE HIMSELF DECLARED TO MAGADALENE:

I WILL ASCEND IN THE GLORY OF MY FATHER AND YOUR FATHER (WHILE STILL IN THE STATE OF A MAN), AND IN THE GLORY OF MY GOD AND YOUR GOD( WHILE STILL IN THE STATE OF A MAN)

THEREFORE SINCE HE ASCENDED  BOTH IN THE GLORY OF THE FATHER( GOD IN SPIRIT) AND IN THE GLORY OF HIS FLESH SUBSTANCE (RAISED HIS OWN BODY AS SPIRITUAL FLESH)

HE IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST.

AND ALSO:

THAT THEY, Jesus’ enemies, MAY KNOW

THROUGH JESUS ONLY, SINCE HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS RAISED FROM  DEATH, THEREFORE ETERNAL LIFE,

THAT THE FATHER OFICIALLY IS CONFIRMED THE ONLY THROUGH GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST.

BUT NOT ALL THE SPIRITS IN HELL BELIEVED THAT JESUS' SOUL, THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO PREACHED THE GOSPEL TO THEM , IN REALITY BELONGED TO JESUS' BODY WHICH WAS STILL IN THE GRAVE.

THEN WHEN JESUS' SOUL, THE HOLY SPIRIT LEFT HELL AND UNITED WITH JESUS' BODY, THEY REALIZED THAT JESUS WAS THE TRUTH.THE TRUE GOD!!!

IN BOTH FLESH AND SPIRIT.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles Saliba

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Dec. 30 2012,12:50)

jammin,Dec. wrote:

[/quote]

and that WORD (title of Christ) became flesh.

Edj,

Reflect

JOHN DIDN'T SAY THE WORD BECAME MAN BUT FLESH

DID YOU EVER REFLECTED WHY JOHN FELT THAT IT IS MORE VITAL TO SAY THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND NOT MAN???

DID YOU GET IT ???

IS THERE ANY DOUBT THAT JESUS' SPIRIT, THE WORD, IS ONLY:

THE FLESH SUBSTANCE OF JESUS CHRIST

IS THERE THEREFORE ALSO ANY DOUBT THAT THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER THROUGH JESUS' BAPTIZM WAS OFFICIALLY:

ABIDING WITHIN THE SOUL OF JESUS???

IS THERE ANY DOUBT THEREFORE THAT JESUS CHRIST AS A HUMAN BEING:

SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY WAS GOD IN FULL, AND MAN IN FULL???

GOD COMPOSED THROUGHOUT FROM HIS GENUINE PURE SPIRIT.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

charles

you mean Jesus was concieved do you ???

your other comment do not make sens unless you reinventing the scriptures and that is exactly what you are doing ,

this is the reason why you can not show scriptures to support your arguments .

this is what religion will do to you.leave you totally empty of truth inside,believing in a lie

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Dec. 30 2012,07:32)

Gene wrote:

[/quote]

Jesus was indeed (Uniquely Begotten) Just like Adam was a uniquely begotten So of GOD also.

Gene,

READ

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generation of Adam. In the day that God created man, he made him to the likeness of God

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT ADAM WAS UNIQUELY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER???

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Carmel……….Surely you jest brother, if Adam's and Eves creation was not “unique” i would like to know what makes you think it wasen't . Jesus' berth was indeed unique also but no more the Adams and Eve's was. And by the way Scripture says Adam the son of God So it seem we have at least two sons of God who were uniquely created. Right? And let not forget Jesus is called the second ADAM by the Apostle Paul.

Carmel trying to preach a Doctrin of Seperation of Jesus' exact idenity with his brothers and sisters is Antichrist and even more anti God the Father. Jesus was 100% a human being nothing more and nothing less a “MAN” Not a GOD or demigod or angel “Morphed into a human body, as false religion preaches.

He was born and came into “existence” just as we did, through a flesh mother as a human being, he is a SON of MAN , just as he said over and over and over, he never preexisted his berth on this earth either. You have bought into the bigest Lie ever told about Jesus. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Dec. 29 2012,13:56)
    I ASKED YOU ALSO:

WHAT KIND OF DEATH ADAM DIED IN?

There is no scriptural indication that Adam, at the age of 930 years, died a different kind of death than all the humans who came after him died.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 29 2012,22:26)
    my words could be understood as OH MY GOD then i will not say MY GOD. are you out of your mind mike? LOL

“My God, jammin, what is the matter with your head?”

Now, was I just calling YOU “my God” in that sentence?

If not, then your point is inaccurate.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 29 2012,22:29)

So the “whole truth” is that God Himself gave Himself as a gift to mankind?

Hmmmm…………….

1 John 4:9
    In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

It seems to me that the “whole truth” is God sent His Son into the world – not that God Himself came into the world.

jammin, how in the world can you ignore the fact that Jesus is the Son, Servant, Prophet, Word, Messiah, Lamb, creation, Holy One, firstborn, Priest, Mediator, only begotten, and Messenger OF God?

How can he also BE the very God he is all these things OF? Your doctrine seems very silly to me, jammin.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 30 2012,05:41)
    Carmel,

You are accidentally shouting.

:D

kerwin
    Participant

Carmel,

THE PROCESS WE ARE IN IS THE END OF THE LAST STAGE OF THE MATERIAL SUBSTANCE ,OUR FLESH, AND TO ADVANCE INTO THE FIRST STEP TO HOLINESS ACCORDINGLY THROUGH OUR GENERAL SPIRITUAL BEHAVIOUR WHILE ON EARTH

First, yelling does not make your point any better.

I have no idea how you come up with this from Scripture. God teaches us:
    •We were created with both a spiritual side and a material side.
    •That we are being subjected to decay and death by Adam’s sin.
    •That those that believe are being freed from sin and its results by Jesus’ act of righteousness.
    •A human without a body is a ghost.

The souls were created by God for humans only OK?

As far as I know human souls are not created but are the result of God breathing life into flesh.

Animal souls seem to be the same as their bodies also are created from the dust of the earth.

Scripture states Jesus is a human being which means his body and soul as well as the “spirit” he chooses not to walk by are human.

If you place an animal soul in a human body you still have a beast therefore a human soul is necessary for a creature to be human.

Since Jesus shares in the humanity of man he also has a human soul.

It is written that God’s soul was grieved.

Judges 10:16
    King James Version (KJV)

16 And they put away the strange gods from among them, and served the LORD: and his soul was grieved for the misery of Israel.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2012,03:34)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 29 2012,22:29)

So the “whole truth” is that God Himself gave Himself as a gift to mankind?

Hmmmm…………….

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

It seems to me that the “whole truth” is God sent His Son into the world – not that God Himself came into the world.

jammin, how in the world can you ignore the fact that Jesus is the Son, Servant, Prophet, Word, Messiah, Lamb, creation, Holy One, firstborn, Priest, Mediator, only begotten, and Messenger OF God?

How can he also BE the very God he is all these things OF?  Your doctrine seems very silly to me, jammin.

not God the father but the son. do you understand that?

God the only son.
    John 1:18

Common English Bible (CEB)

18 No one has ever seen God.
    God the only Son,

that is what 1 john 4.9 says
    his ONLY SON

Common English Bible (CEB)

9 This is how the love of God is revealed to us: God has sent his only Son into the world so that we can live through him.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2012,03:26)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 29 2012,22:26)
    my words could be understood as OH MY GOD then i will not say MY GOD. are you out of your mind mike? LOL

“My God, jammin, what is the matter with your head?”

Now, was I just calling YOU “my God” in that sentence?

If not, then your point is inaccurate.

is that what thomas said in john 20.28?
    LOL

do not compare your sentence to thomas' words.
    as i have said, Christ will not tolerate those words if he is not LORD AND GOD.

why dont you read the whole book of john .just a suggestion

carmel
    Participant

Gene wrote:

[/quote]

And by the way Scripture says Adam the son of God So it seem we have at least two sons of God  who were uniquely created. Right?

Gene,

these are your words:

SO YOU YOURSELF CONTRADICTED YOUR OWN WRITING.

TO BE A SON OF GOD IT IS NOTHING WHEN YOU COMPARE IT TO :

THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD!!!  OK???

IT JUST HAPPEN FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

THAT THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD, WAS EMANATED FROM THE FATHER AS A SPIRIT, AND THE FATHER CREATED ALL IN HIM, ALL BY HIM ,AND ALL FOR HIM.

John 1:1IN the beginning was the Word,
    (THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD AS A SPIRIT)

and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him:

(THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD)

and without him was made nothing that was made.

4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

( THE ONLY THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD)

5 And the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

( THE ONLY THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD ,THE LIGHT,WAS IN SATAN/LUCIFER, DARKNESS)

9 That was the true light, which enlighteneth every man that cometh into this world.

( THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD)

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him,

he ( THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD)

gave them power to be made

THE SONS OF GOD, (  THROUGH THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD)

to them that believe in his name. ( IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD)

13 Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I AM SURE NOW THAT YOU WOULD REALIZE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN :

THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD, and son of god.

I consider myself a son of god,SINCE I HAVE A SPECK OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD!!!

but THAT WONT MAKE ME :

THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD!!!

peace and love in Jesus     THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD

Charles

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel………. Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God in this way, He is the only begotten from among Mankind raised to eternal life, not the only begotten Son of God, because there are many begotten of God that are called Son of God. I see you take liberty to add to scriptures like all Trinitarians and Preexistence do. Forcing text to meet your belief sytem is not good Scholarship. Where does any scripturwe say ” the only begotten Son of God “as a Spirit” Jesus is not a Spirit he is a SON OF MAN, I have never seen your rendition in scriptures, perhaps you could post it for us all to see. Adding or subtracting words is called “FORCING THE TEXT” Charles.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 30 2012,20:05)
    why dont you read the whole book of john .just a suggestion

Okay. I'm still in Numbers right now. I'm reading a chapter a day in the NET Bible online. It has a LOT of footnotes, which I also read, so I only read one chapter per day.

It will be a while before I get to John. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 11,641 through 11,660 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account