JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,481 through 11,500 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 01 2012,21:19)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 01 2012,12:30)

There is but ONE Most High God, jammin.  Jesus either IS that God, or he is the Son of that God.  Let the scriptures teach you which one is correct.

And never forget on your scriptural journey that our God is also the God of Jesus.  Our BROTHER Jesus has given us the right to be SONS of God.

Get it?  BROTHERS to Jesus, and SONS to God.  Now………. do you suppose that you'll ever be a BROTHER to God Almighty?

jesus is the son of God

that God is the father

I agree with both of those statements, jammin.

Do you agree with Paul that for us, the Father IS our one God?  Do you agree with Jesus that he and we both have the same God?

(Also, please answer the bolded part in the quote box above.)

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 04 2012,13:49)

There is but ONE Most High God, jammin.  Jesus either IS that God, or he is the Son of that God.  Let the scriptures teach you which one is correct.

And never forget on your scriptural journey that our God is also the God of Jesus.  Our BROTHER Jesus has given us the right to be SONS of God.

Get it?  BROTHERS to Jesus, and SONS to God.  Now………. do you suppose that you'll ever be a BROTHER to God Almighty?

jesus is the son of God

that God is the father

Do you agree with Paul that for us, the Father IS our one God?  Do you agree with Jesus that he and we both have the same God?

paul said there is only one LORD, Christ.

is the father not LORD?
    yes or no?

jammin
    Participant

how do believers became God's son?

John 1:12

New International Version (NIV)

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

what about Christ???

Christ is not like us. he IS THE ONLY SON of GOD.

if you know english mike, you know what only means.

before he became like us, he was in the form of GOD>

how about you mike?? what is your nature before you became human? LOL
    do not compare yourself to christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

jammin……………This may help you'

The LORD (Yehweh) said unto my Lord (adon) sit on my right hand untill I (God) make you enemies you foot stool.

The Word LORD or hebrew (Yehweh) means Soverign GOD.

The word Lord or in Hebrew is Adon, and Means a Human ruller, not a God at all. Now What David said was this the LORD (GOD) said unto MY Lord (Jesus) a human Lord, sit on my riht hand untill I (God) make your enemies your footstoll.

Jammin there are two meanings for the Word Lord one is a Human Lord as in a King or Master and the other LORD is referencing the Sovergin LORD (YEHWEH) the ONLY GOD. There is only ONE LORD GOD while there are many Lords so you can't Place the term GOD as meaning Jesus. Remember Jesus Said clearly For thou are the only “true' God. Notice he said thou or you (that means not himself) and only (that mean no other) True God. IMO

Peace and love to you andn yours jammin……………………………………………………………gene

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 05 2012,01:42)

The LORD (Yehweh) said unto my Lord (adon) sit on my right hand untill I (God) make you enemies you foot stool.

The word Lord or in Hebrew is Adon, and Means a Human ruller, not a God at all. Now What David said was this the LORD (GOD) said unto MY Lord (Jesus) a human Lord, sit on my riht hand untill I (God) make your enemies your footstoll.

Jammin there are two meanings for the Word Lord one is a Human Lord as in a King or Master and the other LORD is referencing the Sovergin LORD (YEHWEH) the ONLY GOD. There is only ONE LORD GOD while there are many Lords so you can't Place the term GOD as meaning Jesus. Remember Jesus Said clearly For thou are the only “true' God. Notice he said thou or you (that means not himself) and only (that mean no other) True God. IMO

answer my question
    do not explain boy

do you believe that if you are in the form of MAN it means that you are MAN?> yes or no?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin………..Yes, i believe i exist in a form of a man. (form meaning, Shape ) has nothing to do with Spirit though. Because Spirit has no Form. Like the Wind Jesus said. The word form used there you are referring to should be translated “NATURE” now that is Spiritual. IMO, Check It out “boy”.

love and peace to you and yours………………………………………………gene

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 06 2012,02:22)
    Jammin………..Yes,  i believe i exist in a form of a man. (form meaning, Shape ) has nothing to do with  Spirit though. Because Spirit has no Form. Like the Wind Jesus said.  The word form used there you are referring to should be translated “NATURE” now that is Spiritual. IMO, Check It out “boy”.

love and peace to you and yours………………………………………………gene

so you believe that if you are in the form of MAN

Christ was in the form of GOD, therefore he is GOD.

yes it could be translated nature bec that is the nature of Christ, God.

thanks for the boy

now you know that Christ is God by nature. good boy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jammin……….All who have the Holy Spirit in them have the “Nature” of God in them so how does that make them a GOD themselves Boy.
    Jesus was in the Form of man he said over and over and over He was a SON of MAN Boy.

Now if the Spirit of Him who raised JESUS (the MAN) from the dead be in you, he shall “also” raise your Mortal (dead) Bodies Now where did Jesus ever say He was a God of any kind, he is a son of God just like we all are and all men are sons of God even Adam is called the son of God, check it out, Or don't you believe John when he said now we are sons of God but none of that makes us a God nor did it make Jesus a God either Boy.

peace and love to you and yours boy………………………………………………gene

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 05 2012,01:42)

untill I (God) make you enemies you foot stool.

Gene,

Can you do me a favour please ???

Can you tell me WHAT THAT STATEMENT MEANS FOR YOU???

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 04 2012,02:07)

jesus is the son of God

that God is the father

is the father not LORD?
    yes or no?

jammin,

Above are three questions I've asked you RECENTLY.  If and when you DIRECTLY answer them, I will begin to answer your questions again.  I've grown tired of your nonsense anyway, and don't really care if we ever speak again.  So…………. either ANSWER these questions (that I've reposted below), or don't.  But you won't hear from me again on this thread until you do.

1.  Do you suppose that you'll ever be a BROTHER to God Almighty?  YES or NO?

2.  Do you agree with Paul that for us, the Father IS our one God?  YES or NO?

3.  Do you agree with Jesus that he and we both have the same God?  YES or NO?

carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Dec. wrote:

[/quote]

So apply everything you said about why God being in Jesus makes Jesus God in Flesh, and applies those same reasonings to US.  That would make all of US “God in Flesh” as well.

Mike,

That what's wrong with you!!!

You are not aware yet, WHY, AND HOW

IT WAS POSSIBLE  FOR ALMIGHTY GOD TO BE IN JESUS!

Your mentality is in a complete MESS!!!

REFLECT:

John8:23 And he said to them: You are from BENEATH,( HELL) I am from above. (HEAVEN)

NOTICE HE SAID “I” THEREFORE JESUS BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH CAME FROM HEAVEN!!!

DID YOU GET THIS MIKE, DEFINITELY NOT!!!

SO LISTEN:

JESUS CONFIRMED THAT HE IN HIS FULL SUBSTANCES,THAT IS :

SPIRIT AND FLESH CAME FROM HEAVEN!!!

SCRIPTURE CONFIRMES:

1Johnn5:6 This is he that came by

WATER AND BLOOD

, Jesus Christ: not by water only, but by

WATER AND BLOOD.

And it is the Spirit which testifieth, that

CHRIST IS THE TRUTH.

NOW READ WHAT HE SAID REGARDING US:

You are from BENEATH,( HELL)

YOU SEE HOW IN A MESS YOUR MENTALITY IS???

YOU ARE SAYING THAT JESUS FLESH IS THE SAME FLESH OF OURS WHICH IS EVIL!!!

IF YOU ARE GEARED TO DENY THIS READ THIS THEN,

IN ORDER TO KNOW WHOM WE WERE,AND STILL ARE IF NOT TO BE SUBJECT TO JESUS AND BELIEVE IN HIM FIRST WHILE ON EARTH, THEN WE WILL FACE HIM AS JUDGE AFTER DEATH, AND THEN HEAVEN IS OURS.

OK MIKE !!!

READ:

1 Peter 2: 9 But you are a chosen generation, a kingly priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people: that you may declare his virtues, who hath called you

OUT OF DARKNESS

into his marvelous light: 10 Who in time past

WERE NOT A PEOPLE:  

SO OUT OF DARKNESS,

WERE NOT A PEOPLE,

THEREFORE:

DEVILS IN FLESH

SO, WE AS GENTILES IN THE OT. TIMES, WERE NOT CALCULATED AS HIS PEOPLE,

NOT EVEN A PEOPLE,

NEVER MIND HIS PEOPLE.WE WERE THE DEVILS IN FLESH.

SO IS IT POSSIBLE AS YOU STATED THAT:

IF I apply everything I said about why God being in Jesus makes Jesus God in Flesh, and applies those same reasonings to US.  That would make all of US “God in Flesh” as well.

ALMIGHTY GOD ABIDED IN JESUS WHILE ON EARTH IN HIS OWN SUBSTANCES THROUGHTOUT PURPOSELY TO BE

GOD IN FLESH

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 06 2012,02:52)
    Jammin……….All who have the Holy Spirit in them have the “Nature” of God  in them so how does that make them a GOD themselves Boy.
    Jesus was in the Form of man he said over and over and over He was a SON of MAN Boy.

Now if the Spirit of Him who raised JESUS (the MAN) from the dead be in you, he shall “also” raise your Mortal (dead) Bodies Now where did Jesus ever say He was a God of any kind, he is a son of God just like we all are and all men are sons of God  even Adam is called the son of God, check it out,   Or don't you believe John when he said now we are sons of God but none of that makes us a God nor did it make Jesus a God either Boy.

before he became MAN, he was in the form of GOD. he's nature was GOD.

how about you>??? what is your nature before you became MAN?? LOL
    are you an insect before? LOL

btw,
    do not compare MAN to Christ bec he was in the form of GOD before he took the form of MAN. read phil 2 boy

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2012,09:59)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 04 2012,02:07)

jesus is the son of God

that God is the father

is the father not LORD?
    yes or no?

jammin,

Above are three questions I've asked you RECENTLY.  If and when you DIRECTLY answer them, I will begin to answer your questions again.  I've grown tired of your nonsense anyway, and don't really care if we ever speak again.  So…………. either ANSWER these questions (that I've reposted below), or don't.  But you won't hear from me again on this thread until you do.

1. yes
    2. yes, one father GOD. (the bible did not say two father GOD boy LOL)
    3. yes

now answer mine,

1. paul said there is one LORD, Christ. is the father not LORD?
    yes or no?

2. did the bible said that Christ is not GOd? what verse?

3. if you are a brother to christ, does it mean that he is not GOD by nature? where can you read that boy?

carmel
    Participant

You can start by explaining your scripture above in light of 1 Cor 8:6.  For US, there is but one God

Mike,

THIS IS IT:

Yet to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and

ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST

by whom are all things, and we by him.

NOW READ:

Jeremiah 32:27  Behold I am the

Lord(OBVIOUS JESUS ACCORDING TO 1 CORINTHIANS 8:6) the God of all flesh:

shall any thing be hard for me?

OK MIKE,

THE FATHER IS THE ONLY GOD OF ALL SPIRITS!!!

AND THE SON IS THE ONLY LORD OF ALL FLESH!!!

JESUS' SPIRIT BECAME FLESH, NOT THE FATHER'S !!!

THE WORD BECAME FLESH!!!

BUT THE FATHER AS A SPIRIT, WAS IN THAT FLESH SUBSTANCE  FIRST IN TWO ENTITIES WHILE ON EARTH !!! OBVIOUS IN JESUS' SOUL,THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!

THEN THROUGH GLORIFICATION AS ONE SUBSTANCE AND BECAME :

THE LORD GOD OF ALL FLESH!!!

IF YOU DENY THIS YOU WILL BE CONTRADICTING :

1Corinthians 8:6  WHICH IS YOUR OWN DEFENSE REGARDING THAT THERE’S ONLY ONE GOD!!!

SO JESUS CHRIST,THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT IS

THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST,

BOTH FATHER (AS A SPIRIT)AND SON,(AS FLESH)

BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH,

BOTH WATER AND BLOOD,

TWO UNIFIED IN ONE GOD THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT

AS THE FATHER CALLED HIMSELF IN JEREMIAH 32:27.

How are we not subjects of our one God?  ???

Mike,

WHEN WE DIE WE FACE JESUS AS OUR JUDGE, NOT THE FATHER.

SO WE CARNAL MORTAL CREATURES ARE SUBJECT TO JESUS CHRIST!!!

ONCE WE ARE ACCEPTED BY JESUS CHRIST,HEAVEN IS OURS!!! HE IS OUR ETERNAL LIFE!!!

THE FATHER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR ENTRANCE TO HEAVEN.DIRECTLY!!!

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 06 2012,19:10)

Jammin……….All who have the Holy Spirit in them have the “Nature” of God  in them so how does that make them a GOD themselves Boy.

Now if the Spirit of Him who raised JESUS (the MAN) from the dead be in you, he shall “also” raise your Mortal (dead) Bodies Now where did Jesus ever say He was a God of any kind, he is a son of God just like we all are and all men are sons of God  even Adam is called the son of God, check it out,   Or don't you believe John when he said now we are sons of God but none of that makes us a God nor did it make Jesus a God either Boy.

btw,
    do not compare MAN to Christ bec he was in the form of GOD before he took the form of MAN. read phil 2 boy

Jammin………….Paul was talking about Jesus when he was no this earth not before that , Jesus was not on the earth at the time of Paul so when Paul said he “was” in the form (nature) of GOD, he was refferecing him while he was walking this earth , not a pre-earth existence at all boy, He had the Sprit of GOD “in” him But that in no way made him a God in any Form, Boy.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Dec. 06 2012,00:14)
    Your mentality is in a complete MESS!!!

:)  Okay Charles.  Then let's just leave it alone for now.  If we talk more in the future, please limit your posts to me to a sentence or two.  (That's about as far into your posts that I usually read anyway.)

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 06 2012,02:12)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2012,09:59)

1. yes
    2. yes, one father GOD.
    3. yes

1.  Hmmmm………..  We are told in scripture that Jesus gave us the right “to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.  (John 1:12-13)

I haven't read any scripture that says I have the right to become God Almighty's BROTHER.  ???

2.  Yes, our ONE and ONLY God is “the Father” – just like Paul said.

3.  What a coincidence!  Jesus' God is “the Father” too!  And we have the same God as he has.

Now just REMEMBER those things, jammin………… and stop trying to twist the scriptures all in a jumble just to promote some silly man-made doctrine that illogically claims the Son OF God could BE the very God he is the Son OF.

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 06 2012,02:12)
    1. paul said there is one LORD, Christ. is the father not LORD?
    yes or no?

2. did the bible said that Christ is not GOd? what verse?

3. if you are a brother to christ, does it mean that he is not GOD by nature?

1.  Yes.  The Father is not only OUR Lord, but also the Lord of Jesus.

2.  No.  The Bible does not specifically say that Christ is not God Almighty………. (although the fact that he is the Christ OF God Almighty should be enough to tell any SANE person that he is not the God who anointed him.)  ???

jammin, does the Bible ever say that God is NOT a pedophile?  Since it doesn't specifically say He's not, would it be logical for us to just assume He is?   ???  Your question is weak.

3.  That question is even weaker.  Being a brother to Jesus surely doesn't mean he IS God by nature, does it?  Just remember what I told you above:  We have be given the right to become BROTHERS to our Lord Jesus, and SONS to our one and only God – the Father.

Keep that straight in your head, and you will begin to be on the right track.

jammin
    Participant

mike said:
    1. Yes. The Father is not only OUR Lord, but also the Lord of Jesus.

2. No. The Bible does not specifically say that Christ is not God Almighty………. (although the fact that he is the Christ OF God Almighty should be enough to tell any SANE person that he is not the God who anointed him.) ???

jammin, does the Bible ever say that God is NOT a pedophile? Since it doesn't specifically say He's not, would it be logical for us to just assume He is? ??? Your question is weak.

3. That question is even weaker. Being a brother to Jesus surely doesn't mean he IS God by nature, does it? Just remember what I told you above: We have be given the right to become BROTHERS to our Lord Jesus, and SONS to our one and only God – the Father.
    —————————————-

mike,
    your answer to 1 means you have TWO LORDS. but paul said ONLY ONE LORD, Christ. if i will follow your argument, it means that the father is not LORD to you bec you cant accept Christ as God (paul said only one GOD the father). therefore you are now changing your doctrine bec before you believe Christ is God (but not GOD). now i think you are adopting the doctrine of iglesia ni cristo ni manalo. are you convince that he is just a MAN? LOL

the 1 cor 8.6 refers to the father GOD. paul means that there is ONLY ONE GOD THE FATHER. the verse did not say that the son is not GOD. that is just your imagination LOL

1 Corinthians 8:6

Common English Bible (CEB)

6 However, for us believers,

There is one God the Father.
    All things come from him, and we belong to him.
    And there is one Lord Jesus Christ.
    All things exist through him, and we live through him.

the bible did not say TWO GOD THE FATHER. there is only ONE GOD THE FATHER MIKE. keep that in mind.

2. your answer here proves that Christ is GOD bec you cant read a verse that he is not GOD. thanks for your honesty boy LOL
    yo make this more clear.
    here is the verse that says Christ is God
    John 20:28

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

John 1:18

18 No one has ever seen God.
    God the only Son,
    who is at the Father’s side,
    has made God known.

truly the son is GOD!

3. can you give a verse boy?
    where can you read that he is not GOD by nature??

here is what the bible says
    Philippians 2:6

6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

sorry boy but that is a word for word in the bible. study hard LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 07 2012,10:54)

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 06 2012,19:10)

btw,

Jammin………….Paul was talking about Jesus when he was no this earth not before that , Jesus was not on the earth at the time of Paul so when Paul said he “was” in the form (nature) of GOD,  he was refferecing him while he was walking this earth , not a pre-earth existence at all boy,  He had the Sprit of GOD “in” him But that in no way made him a God in any Form, Boy.  

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

LOL

are you out of your mind boy LOL

you said that if you are in the form of MAN< you are MAN.

why cant you accept that Christ was in the form of GOD. meaning, he is GOD.

can you read in phil 2.6 that paul said that he had the spirit of God in him???
    what version is that? LOL
    you are using again your imagination boy.
    if you read the bible, stop sniffing mosquito coil LOL

here is what the bible says

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

what does being in very nature GOD means?

let me post again phil 2.6

New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Though he was God,
    he did not think of equality with God
    as something to cling to.

that means he is GOD.

what is the belief of the apostle? is he Truly GOD?

let the bible speak
    John 20:28

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

Christ is truly GOD. sorry boy but that is a word for word in the bible. make your own bible LOL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Dec. 06 2012,19:24)
    your answer to 1 means you have TWO LORDS. but paul said ONLY ONE LORD, Christ.

Paul also said this:

Ephesians 6:5
    Slaves, obey your earthly lords with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

But wait………. didn't he say Christ was our “ONE” Lord?

Paul also said this:
    1 Corinthians 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

1 Cor 8:6 is linked to the scripture above, jammin.  In both scriptures, Paul is listing a “hierarchy”.  Do you know what that word means?  

That's why he starts his statement by saying, “as indeed there are many gods and many lords“.  He is saying that ALTHOUGH there are MANY gods and lords, for us (the true believers), there is one distinct hierarchy:

1.  The Father, as our God and therefore the MOST High over us.

2.  THEN comes Jesus, the one our God MADE Lord over us, who is therefore the SECOND highest over us.

Use the two scriptures in conjunction with each other, jammin.  Then you might be able to reach the truth of what Paul was teaching.

jammin, you said before that the God of Jesus is also your God.  Well, the God of Jesus is unquestionably ONLY the Father.  Therefore, the God of jammin should also be ONLY the Father.

So why is that not the case?  ???

Viewing 20 posts - 11,481 through 11,500 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account