JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,241 through 11,260 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,13:40)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 11 2012,22:49)
    who is that YHWH?

Hi Jammin, no one. Hebrew has no “W” sound.   (Link)

GETTING THE FACTS STRAIGHT

Hebrew has NO [W] SOUND, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

GOD’s most sacred Holy Name [יהוה] was given to us directly from Hebrew.
       Correctly translating the Hebrew into other languages can be difficult however.
       Some basic linguistic rules need to be considered when translating the Hebrew texts.
       These include a lack of spacing between words, as a general rule has no written vowels
       and the basic direction in which Hebrew is written (opposite from English: from right to left).
       Hebrew word spacing is a modern advent that distinguishes one word from the next,
       aiding both translators and multi-linguists alike. Unwritten “implied” vowel sounds
       are a concern because, correct pronunciations of Hebrew words are at risk.

YHVH is God's Name translated directly into English.

[יהוה] GOD’s Name   [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey  …is pronounced  YÄ-hä-vā  &  [יה] YÄ

[יהוה] is pronounced with its exact preciseness “YÄ-hä-vā”; where ä sounds like that of the word “ah”
    and the other ā sounds like that of the vowel in the word “hay”. So when you see the tetragrammation
    YHVH, the proper pronunciation is YÄ-hä-vā. (Psalm 45:17) I make this point because the correct pronunciation
    was thought to be lost, which led only to translators’ interpretations, without any working knowledge of Hebrew.
    GOD’s Name (יהוה) translates directly into English as YHVH because the Hebrew alphabet lacks vowel representations.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

i know that boy. you dont need to teach me. i just said YHWH bec some versions say that.

dont like a kid boy.
    LOL

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 12 2012,01:37)
    Can you show me the scripture where you think the Son is called “YHWH”?

Also, your word games only go to show that you are aware of how illogical your doctrine is, jammin.

If a person says there is only ONE Almighty God, but then asks WHICH Almighty God I'm asking a question about – it shows that person is a confused, false teacher.

Unlike your friend Kathi, you have answered correctly that there exists only ONE Almighty God.  And that ONE Almighty God HAS a Son named Jesus, which prohibits Jesus from BEING the Almighty God of whom he is the Son.

End of story, and on to the next question:

jammin, do you understand that OUR one and only Almighty God is also the God of Jesus?  Do you realize that we and Jesus have the exact same God?

(It's right there in the Bible.  Perhaps you should read it sometime.)

no mike.
    if you are GOD, you are almighty. they have ONE nature and that is nature GOD.
    if you hUman, you are not almighty. you only have ONE nature and that is HUMAN nature.
    Christ and the father have the same nature, God.

now you want me to give you a verse about Christ being called YHWH.
    here is the verse
    luke 2.11
    Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    “For today, The Savior has been born to you, who is THE LORD JEHOVAH The Messiah, in the city of David.”

another verse is MAT3.3
    in hebrew
    קול קורא במדבר פנו דרך יהוה ישרו בערבה מסלה לאלהינו׃ 

Yah·weh;יְהוָ֑הthe LORD

MAT 3.3 KJV
    For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    For this was he of whom it was said by Isaiah the Prophet, “A voice that cries in the desert, 'Prepare the way of THE LORD JEHOVAH and level his paths'.”

the hebrew word for LORD in mat 3.3 is YHVH

Wesley's Notes

3:3 The way of the Lord – Of Christ. Make his paths straight – By removing every thing which might prove a hinderance to his gracious appearance. Isaiah 40:3.

now answer mine,

who is the GOD you are referring to?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all………..The word in John 1:1………….Is GOD'S WORDS, it was with GOD and WAS GOD, Just as Your word are YOU, no difference. If John was wanting to mean Jesus there he would just written Jesus there. Just that simple nothing complicated about it, common sense should tell us all that. God is Spirit and His words are Spirit they are ONE and the SAME. He was (IN) Jesus but was not Jesus at all, it was not Jesus who said “destroy this temple and in three days I (GOD) shall raise it up, that was God the Father speaking first person “through” Jesus' mouth. God considers our bodies “temples” he can indwell, that is why he said “this temple” , remember where Paul said ” know you not that your bodies are the temples of the living God .

peace and lvoe to you all……………………………………………….gene

jammin
    Participant

gene,

read rev 19.13
    that is not an ordinary word. that is a title for christ.

carmel
    Participant

Ed wrote:

[/quote]

Mother         Father
                               Mary         HolySpirit
                                50%           50%
                                    \              /
                                      \          /
                                        Jesus
                                       /        \
                                     /            \        
                                   /                \
                         Son of Man     Son of God
                        (Mark 6:3)        (Luke 1:35)

Edj,

THAT'S ONLY YOUR CALCULATIONS!!!

VERY VERY WRONG!!!

Now reflect on mine and discover what through Jesus’ birth we discern!!!

AT BIRTH before Christ redeemed humanity:

All humans were formed 100% flesh through the MOTHER SINFULL.

JESUS 100% FLESH FROM HIS MOTHER SINLESS ( HIS OWN SPIRIT TRANSFORMED THROUGH CREATION)

Al humans were formed 100% soul through the FATHER SINFULL dead in Satan’s spirit.

JESUS 100% SOUL FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT  THROUGH THE PROCESS OF CREATION

All humans were formed 100%  with a  spirit from Satan

JESUS 100% FATHER'S SPIRIT PLUS 100% SATAN’S SPIRIT TO BE IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN.

NOW:

AFTER REDEMPTION BANG On baptizm:

Humans becomes 100% sinless, soul wise plus, 100% Holy Spirit. ONLY TO SPIRITUALIZE THE FLESH BODY! SINCE IT'S EARTHLY.

So on Bapizm humans becomes SAINTS ON EARTH. SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD.IN FLESH.

IF THEY LIVE IN CHRIST THROUGHOUT, PERFECT LIKE THE FATHER IS PERFECT, THEY WILL RESURRECT AFTER THREE DAYS!!!

THROUGH THEIR OWN LIVES ON EARTH. THEY THEMSELVES ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL,WOULD HAVE COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE FLESH AND BLOOD SUBSTANCE AND TRANSFORMED IT INTO A SPIRITUAL SUBSTANCE!!!

OBVIOUS BECAUSE THE HOLY SPIRIT WOULD HAVE ESTABLISHED THEM  SPIRITUALLY IN JESUS SPIRIT.

JESUS CONFIRMED THIS WHEN HE SAID:

John 16:14 He shall glorify me; because he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it to you.

HOW ? : SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WOULD FEEL THE GENERAL DRASTIC CHANGE WITHIN THEM, THE WILL POWER TO MAKE MIRACLES, AND THE DISCERNING OF GOD’S MYSTERIES.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 12 2012,00:38)
    Mike,

You will never change!!!

You keep on twisting every sentence to please your corrupted mentality.

WITH EVERY RESPECT

Jesus was BOTH FULLY MAN AND FULLY GOD

GOD IN FLESH WHILE ON EARTH.

I'm not “twisting” anything Charles.  I'm only pointing out that you speak from both sides of your mouth.  First, you insist that Jesus was “GOD IN FLESH WHILE ON EARTH”, but then turn right around and say, “He wasn't fully glorified God when he said 'I return to my God and your God'.”  What gives?

Either he WAS God on earth, or he WASN'T.  Pick one and stick with it, Charles.

Actually, it doesn't really matter what you say about it. SCRIPTURE tells me that my God is Jesus' God.

So unless Jesus' God consists of Father and Son, neither does my God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 12 2012,09:29)

“For today, The Savior has been born to you, who is THE LORD JEHOVAH The Messiah, in the city of David.”

That is a mistranslation, jammin.  The Aramaic Bible in Plain English translates the Aramaic word “marya” as “The LORD Jehovah”.  But if you look at ANY Aramaic to English dictionary, you'll see that the word just means “lord”.  I've listed the results of FOUR different Aramaic dictionaries on one of Kathi's threads that discusses this issue………….. and ALL FOUR of these dictionaries say “marya” is the emphatic form of “lord”.

Our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, jammin.  You agree there is only ONE of them, so you should also then realize that asking WHICH ONE is absurd.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Just tell jammin that you mean Almighty God 'the Father.' That is all he wants you to say so that he can answer your question.

Lightenup
    Participant

The Aramaic Bible in plain English is not a mistranslation. The Aramaic scholars at Peshitta.org agrees with it.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Then find me an AUTHENTIC Aramaic dictionary that says “marya” means “The Lord Jehovah”.

You've seen the four I've been able to find online, right? Do ANY of those four say what you claim? YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 12 2012,20:03)
    Mike,
    Just tell jammin that you mean Almighty God 'the Father.' That is all he wants you to say so that he can answer your question.

Kathi,

Thanks, but I know what I'm doing.  I've had lots of experience following down you guy's rabbit holes.  I'm trying to avoid yet another one.

Here's the deal:  UNLIKE YOU, jammin correctly believes that there exists only ONE Almighty God.

Now, if there truly is only ONE, then the fact that he keeps asking WHICH GOD I'm talking about shows that he is trapped in a corner.  And I like him in the corner, right where he is.  :)

The more time he hides in his corner, the more people who visit this site will begin to see the Trinity Doctrine for the sham it is.  And that is a good thing.

(Btw, I've also asked him to tell me who our ONE Almighty God consists of. He has the opportunity to lead me down a rabbit whole if he wants, but seems to be too ashamed to admit who he thinks God is – for some odd reason.)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 12 2012,21:14)
    Then find me an AUTHENTIC Aramaic dictionary that says “marya” means “The Lord Jehovah”.

You've seen the four I've been able to find online, right?  Do ANY of those four say what you claim?  YES or NO?

You don't look in a dictionary for the meaning of an acronym, you look in the dictionary for the meaning of a word.

MRYA is an acronym and used as a placeholder for YHWH in the Aramaic manuscript from what I have been told.

See here:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc….eshittO

Lightenup
    Participant

Thanks, but I know what I'm doing.

Well then you knowingly are very ineffective since you act like you don't know…and several times on just this thread you have acted like you don't know. You two are going back and forth saying the same thing over and over. Try what I suggested and get on with it.

You don't know how two Gods can be one God unity yet you admit that the Father and Son are both called 'the theos' in scripture and Jesus, Himself says they are one.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 13 2012,11:37)

That is a mistranslation, jammin.  The Aramaic Bible in Plain English translates the Aramaic word “marya” as “The LORD Jehovah”.  But if you look at ANY Aramaic to English dictionary, you'll see that the word just means “lord”.  I've listed the results of FOUR different Aramaic dictionaries on one of Kathi's threads that discusses this issue………….. and ALL FOUR of these dictionaries say “marya” is the emphatic form of “lord”.

Our ONE and ONLY Almighty God, jammin.  You agree there is only ONE of them, so you should also then realize that asking WHICH ONE is absurd.

translators will just laugh at you mike LOL
    you do not know anything mike. you need to study hard boy LOL

are you good than those scholars who translate the bible?
    im sure you are not boy LOL
    you dont have enough knowledge to discuss these things boy LOL

sis kathi is right.

why did you ignore the hebrew word of mat 3.3???
    Christ is called YHWH boy LOL

i believe that they have one nature, and that is nature GOD.
    so that is why im asking you who is the GOD you are referring to?

i believe that if you are God by nature, you are almighty.
    the son is God
    the father is God.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 13 2012,01:40)

who is that YHWH?

Some basic linguistic rules need to be considered when translating the Hebrew texts.
       These include a lack of spacing between words, as a general rule has no written vowels
       and the basic direction in which Hebrew is written (opposite from English: from right to left).
       Hebrew word spacing is a modern advent that distinguishes one word from the next,
       aiding both translators and multi-linguists alike. Unwritten “implied” vowel sounds

[יהוה] GOD’s Name   [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey  …is pronounced  YÄ-hä-vā  &  [יה] YÄ

[יהוה] is pronounced with its exact preciseness “YÄ-hä-vā”; where ä sounds like that of the word “ah”
    and the other ā sounds like that of the vowel in the word “hay”. So when you see the tetragrammation
    YHVH, the proper pronunciation is YÄ-hä-vā. (Psalm 45:17) I make this point because the correct pronunciation
    was thought to be lost, which led only to translators’ interpretations, without any working knowledge of Hebrew.
    GOD’s Name (יהוה) translates directly into English as YHVH because the Hebrew alphabet lacks vowel representations.

God bless

i know that boy. you dont need to teach me. i just said YHWH bec some versions say that.

dont like a kid boy.
    LOL

Hi Jammin,

I'm glad that you already knew that!      
    but how was I to know that you did?

You sound like you are reprimanding
    me for not knowing that you knew it.
    Don't you think that is unwarranted?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 13 2012,06:54)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 12 2012,19:13)

Mother         Father
                               Mary         HolySpirit
                                50%           50%
                                    \              /
                                      \          /
                                        Jesus
                                       /        \
                                     /            \        
                                   /                \
                         Son of Man     Son of God
                        (Mark 6:3)        (Luke 1:35)

Edj,

THAT'S ONLY YOUR CALCULATIONS!!!

VERY VERY WRONG!!!

Now reflect on mine and discover what through Jesus’ birth we discern!!!

AT BIRTH before Christ redeemed humanity:

All humans were formed 100% flesh through the MOTHER SINFULL.

JESUS 100% FLESH FROM HIS MOTHER SINLESS ( HIS OWN SPIRIT TRANSFORMED THROUGH CREATION)

Al humans were formed 100% soul through the FATHER SINFULL dead in Satan’s spirit.

JESUS 100% SOUL FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT  THROUGH THE PROCESS OF CREATION

All humans were formed 100%  with a  spirit from Satan

JESUS 100% FATHER'S SPIRIT PLUS 100% SATAN’S SPIRIT TO BE IN ALL THINGS LIKE HIS BRETHREN.

NOW:

AFTER REDEMPTION BANG On baptizm:

Humans becomes 100% sinless, soul wise plus, 100% Holy Spirit. ONLY TO SPIRITUALIZE THE FLESH BODY! SINCE IT'S EARTHLY.

So on Bapizm humans becomes SAINTS ON EARTH. SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD.IN FLESH.

IF THEY LIVE IN CHRIST THROUGHOUT, PERFECT LIKE THE FATHER IS PERFECT, THEY WILL RESURRECT AFTER THREE DAYS!!!

THROUGH THEIR OWN LIVES ON EARTH. THEY THEMSELVES ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL,WOULD HAVE COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE FLESH AND BLOOD SUBSTANCE AND TRANSFORMED IT INTO A SPIRITUAL SUBSTANCE!!!

OBVIOUS BECAUSE THE HOLY SPIRIT WOULD HAVE ESTABLISHED THEM  SPIRITUALLY IN JESUS SPIRIT.

JESUS CONFIRMED THIS WHEN HE SAID:

John 16:14 He shall glorify me; because he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it to you.

HOW ? : SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WOULD FEEL THE GENERAL DRASTIC CHANGE WITHIN THEM, THE WILL POWER TO MAKE MIRACLES, AND THE DISCERNING OF GOD’S MYSTERIES.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Hi Charles,

Yes of course I know that Jesus came here to separate
    the spirit of Lucifer from the Godhead within. I have a thread
    where I explain this in great detail; please join me there. (Link)

Our beliefs are very similar, but
             your explanation seems clear as mud.
             Here is what the bible says about Jesus lineage.

Jesus lineage explained

“Son of Man”: 25%; Mary's mother's lineage was of the tribe of Levi. (Luke 1:5 and Luke 1:36)
    “Son of Man”: 25%: Mary's father's lineage was (Judah) through Nathan(son of David). (Luke 3:23-31)
    “Son of God”: 50%: Jesus' Father was the “HolySpirit”; NOT Joseph! (Mathew 1:18 / Mathew 1:20 / Luke 1:35)

At birth: Jesus was 50%(HolySpirit)God (Matt.1:18 / Matt.1:20 / Luke 1:35), 25%(Levite)Priest and 25%(Judah)King!
    At baptism by John the baptizer, Jesus was filled with the HolySpirit(God) beyond measure! (John 3:34 / John 1:14)

God bless

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 13 2012,20:03)

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 13 2012,01:40)

who is that YHWH?

God bless

dont like a kid boy.
    LOL

Hi Jammin,

I'm glad that you already knew that!      
    but how was I to know that you did?

You sound like you are reprimanding
    me for not knowing that you knew it.
    Don't you think that is unwarranted?

God bless

i told you that some versions say YHWH.
    cant you see my post?

read well boy.

btw make your own bible to support your illusion in john 1.1
    LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

If I did, would you then believe me?
    Of course not because you speak empty words. Yet
    you do believe that very thing that others have done in that regard.

God bless

jammin
    Participant

ed,

do you believe that there are versions that say yahweh?
    yes or no?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 14 2012,02:56)
    ed,

do you believe that there are versions that say yahweh?
    yes or no?

Hi Jammin,

What others do has no bearing on The Truth.
    I thought you agreed with the truth I posted.
    Have you now changed your mind since then?

Yahweh  vs  YHVH

Yahweh? (Link to a Hebrew site)

“It was later speculated that perhaps the Masoretes reversed the vowels for Adonai
    when applied to the letters יהוה in the running text, so some attempted to “correct”
    the pronunciation by pronouncing the name “Yahoveh” or “Yahveh”, This. too, is
    incorrect (though the construct “Yah” probably is part of the original pronunciation
    (e.g.,see Psalm 68:4)). Note that Yahweh is most likely also an incorrect translation, since there is no “w” sound in Hebrew.”

YÄ-hä-vā! (Link to another Hebrew site)

“In hebrew, the name that we are using for our creator is changing according to the context .
    The most common name is : יהוה (YAHAVA) and i guess that's the name you mentioned.
    we also use ” ADONAY” for the creator , and both of these names are considered holy and
    sacred and one cannot use these names in vain. Other less formal and holy  names are :
    “HASHEM” (“the name”), “elohim” (God), “el-shaday” (from the bible) and some more.
    The name in hebrew for Jesus Christ is : “yeshu” or “yeshuah” (ישוע) but not YAHUSHUA  
    as you mentioned, because this name (YAHUSHUA) in hebrew means  “Joshua” (book of the Bible).
    Hope you'll find this answer satisfactory,   …Roy”

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 11,241 through 11,260 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account