JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 11,181 through 11,200 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

mikeboll64,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

Who does our one and only God Almighty consist of?

Mike,

ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION SINCE YOU BELIEVE IN

GOD SPIRIT ONLY!!!

LIKE AFTER ALL DO ALL THE NON CHRISTIAN JEWS.

BLIND

Peace and love in Jesus

THE ONLY TRUE GOD,AND JESUS CHRIST

BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH

Charles

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 07 2012,13:36)
    jammin,

WHO IS God Almighty?  Who does our one and only God Almighty consist of?

who is the GOD you are referring to?

pls answer mine.
    what is the greek word for bible?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

jammin,

The word “Bible” is an ENGLISH word that refers to ONE, SPECIFIC BOOK.  Am I right?

Did the Greeks have a word that meant “book”?  Of course.  That word is “biblos”.  Did the Greeks have a word that referred to the ONE, SPECIFIC BOOK in which are all the scriptures?  NO.

The ENGLISH word “Bible” is NOT in any Bible.

Now, if I said, “The Bible is the written word of God”, am I a false teacher just because the ENGLISH word “Bible” is not in the scriptures?   YES or NO?

jammin, WHO DOES GOD ALMIGHTY CONSIST OF?

You keep asking me “which God”, which seems a little odd, since you and I both have agreed there is ONLY ONE.

It's like I'm asking you a question about the ONE and ONLY Taj Mahal , and you're asking me WHICH Taj Mahal I'm speaking about.   ???

Please answer the bolded question.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 06 2012,23:56)
    I already answered your questions I am done with the topic as I stated before.

:D  :laugh:  :D

Of course you are.  Just like you walked away from my questions about Exodus 7:17!   :D  :laugh:  :D

Btw, I believe you have told a falsehood here, because you DIDN'T answer even ONE of the seven questions on that list.

And what?  No comment about the “generate” thing?  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 07 2012,00:14)

Mike,

ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION…………

Charles,

I have a question for you, Kathi, and jammin:

Do you realize that, according to scripture, you, me, and Jesus ALL have the SAME EXACT God?  YES or NO?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 08 2012,13:37)
    jammin,

The word “Bible” is an ENGLISH word that refers to ONE, SPECIFIC BOOK.  Am I right?

Did the Greeks have a word that meant “book”?  Of course.  That word is “biblos”.  Did the Greeks have a word that referred to the ONE, SPECIFIC BOOK in which are all the scriptures?  NO.

The ENGLISH word “Bible” is NOT in any Bible.

Now, if I said, “The Bible is the written word of God”, am I a false teacher just because the ENGLISH word “Bible” is not in the scriptures?   YES or NO?

jammin, WHO DOES GOD ALMIGHTY CONSIST OF?

You keep asking me “which God”, which seems a little odd, since you and I both have agreed there is ONLY ONE.

It's like I'm asking you a question about the ONE and ONLY Taj Mahal , and you're asking me WHICH Taj Mahal I'm speaking about.   ???

Please answer the bolded question.

yes there is word bible in the bible.

i do not the need your explanation mike. i just want you to answer my question

btw for your question
    the bible said the father is God
    the bible also said that the son is God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 07 2012,21:54)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 07 2012,00:14)

Mike,

ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION…………

Charles,

I have a question for you, Kathi, and jammin:

Do you realize that, according to scripture, you, me, and Jesus ALL have the SAME EXACT God?  YES or NO?

No you don't have the same God as Jesus. Jesus' God was His Father not His creator.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 03 2012,22:25)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 03 2012,12:26)
    Kathi,

Are you going to answer these questions?

1.  Does the Greek word “monogenes”, IN AND OF ITSELF, mean “only son”?  YES or NO?

2.  Do the Greek words “monogenes theos”, IN AND OF THEMSELVES, mean “God the only Son”?  YES or NO?

3.  Kathi, IF Paul was indeed talking about Jesus existing in the form of Jehovah, and not of some “god-kind species” like you think, would it then be wrong of me to say “his God”, since we all know that the Father IS the God of Jesus?  YES or NO?

4. Kathi, based on the teachings of Strong, as quoted in my last post, does the root word of “genes” mean “to generate”?  YES or NO?

5.  If so, then is “only generated” an accurate translation of “monogenes”?  YES or NO?

6.  And if so, knowing that the “mono” part of the word can also mean “unique”, would “uniquely generated” also be an accurate translation of “monogenes”?  YES or NO?

7.  And if so, then does the fact that no English Bible renders “monogenes” as “uniquely generated” mean I am a “false teacher” by saying the word can mean that?  YES or NO?

Mike,
    1. Yes if monogenes is written in the male gender.
    2.  Yes, that is a fair interpretation
    3.  Yes it would be wrong because YHWH can be both the Father and the Son. Jesus does exist in the nature of YHWH, He is YHWH…the Son.

See, Mike, I did in fact answer questions 1-3 and questions 4-7 asked about what Strong's said and I told you that I did not see where Strong's said what you claimed and therefore that obviously implied a 'not applicable' answer to 4-7.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 07 2012,21:43)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 06 2012,23:56)
    I already answered your questions I am done with the topic as I stated before.

:D  :laugh:  :D

Of course you are.  Just like you walked away from my questions about Exodus 7:17!   :D  :laugh:  :D

Btw, I believe you have told a falsehood here, because you DIDN'T answer even ONE of the seven questions on that list.

And what?  No comment about the “generate” thing?  :)

I guess the laugh is on you then. See above post.
    Also, I walked away from you in the other thread, not your question. Bo asked me the same question and I answered it.

The word 'generate' isn't in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and in the place where you found the word, it isn't used in the translation.

jammin
    Participant

good job sis kathi!

:)

Lightenup
    Participant

Thanks jammin :)

Have a great day!!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 08 2012,06:10)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 07 2012,21:54)

No you don't have the same God as Jesus.

Are you sure, Kathi?   ???

John 20:17
    I ascend to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

Please explain your answer in light of these very clear words from your Lord, Jesus the Christ of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 08 2012,06:20)
    Also, I walked away from you in the other thread, not your question.

Yet you've been having discourse with me in five other threads?  Am I a different person in this thread than I was in the thread you walked away from?   ???

Bo asked me the same question and I answered it.

Actually, Boditharta copied and pasted MY question in the “Runaway from Mike” thread that you started.  He did that at MY request.  And I read your answer and responded to it in the thread from which you ran away.  I have yet to see your response.

I suppose I could always bring it up on a different thread – seeing how it seems that you can talk to me in every thread except for the one you ran away from.   :)

The word 'generate' isn't in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and in the place where you found the word, it isn't used in the translation.

Kathi, it was the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance that NETNotes was using.  You can also find those same words here, on Biblos.com.  Scroll way down on the page, and you'll see this:

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
    be brought to pass, happen

A prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be (“gen”-erate), i.e. (reflexively) to become (come into being)……………

The word “ginomai” comes from the primary verb “gen”, which means “cause to be”, ie: “generate”.

“Ginomai”, “gennao”, and “genos” are all related words coming from that same root verb “gen”.  You can't rightly say that “gennao” can be translated as “generate”, but “ginomai”, the word from which “gennao” comes, can not – especially when that root word actually means “cause to be, generate”.

Anyway, I assume we've all learned something from this discussion, and that's what we're here for, right?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 08 2012,02:27)

jammin, there exists no Koine Greek word for “bible”.  They had a word for “book”, which is “biblion”.  That word referred to any book made from papyrus – not just books of scripture.  Later, Romans translated the word for book (Byblos) into the Latin “Biblia”, and it is this word from which the English word “Bible” was derived.

According to this site:

Best Answer

The word “bible” is not in the Bible.
    The more proper name would be Holy Scriptures.
    The word “bible” is derived from the words for “book” in Latin and Greek.

In reality, the word “bible” does not appear in the Bible as such. However the word bible comes from the Latin “Biblia” and the Greek “Biblion” which means book, so to say bible is to say book.

The word “bible” is not in the Bible except on Bible binding, foreword, preface or Table of contents.
    Thanks to computers, we can now do word searches in a millisecond. If you run a word search within the scriptures of any version of the Bible except man-made Bibles, you will not find the word “Bible” anywhere.

What, then, does the Bible call itself? The Biblical term for the Bible is “the Holy Scriptures” (2 Tim. 3:15, NKJV) or simply “the Scriptures” (John 5:39, NKJV). The term “Scriptures” or (literally, “writings”) emphasizes the character of the Bible as a library. The Scriptures of this library are “holy” or set apart from others.

I'm not quite sure what they mean by “man-made Bibles”, but I can only imagine they are referring to the hack-job translations you usually quote here.  :)

Anyway, there is more information on that page if you want to read it.

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 08 2012,02:27)
    for your question
    the bible said the father is God
    the bible also said that the son is God.

But unlike your friend Kathi, who believes in TWO individual Almighty Gods, you said you only believed in ONE, right?

All I'm asking you is WHO IS THAT ONE?  If you believe your ONE Almighty God consists of the Father and the Son, then just say that plain and clear, okay?  If you believe your ONE Almighty God consists of Father, Son and Spirit, then just say that plain and clear, okay?

This isn't really that hard, jammin.  Are you confused as to who you think your own Almighty God is?  ???  If not, then you should easily be able to answer my simple question, right?

jammin
    Participant

one nature mike.

the father and the son have the same nature, GOD

one GOD THE FATHER
    one GOD THE ONLY SON

if you are GOD, you are almighty. i already told you about this. the son is GOD. the father is GOD by nature.

if you are HUMAN, you are not almighty bec you are not GOD by nature.
    the nature of HUMAN is not almighty unlike GOD>

yes the word bible is in the bible. i am 100%^ sure. this only proves that you are really a false teacher. you are not reading your bible well.

LOL

mat 7.6 the pearl is not for pigs LOL

jammin
    Participant

you do not know greek mike that is why you are saying that there is no word bible in the bible. LOL

poor mike. translators will not agree to you mike. LOL
    they know the language and not a pretender like you LOL

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 09 2012,19:38)
    one GOD THE ONLY SON

Huh?

Lightenup
    Participant

Ed,
    There is one God, the only Son who explains God the Father.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Nov. 09 2012,19:38)
    yes the word bible is in the bible. i am 100%^ sure.

Hi Jammin,

Matt 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Matthew 1:1 βιβλος γενεσεως ιησου χριστου υιου δαβιδ υιου αβρααμ

Yes, bible is written in the bible.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

ed,

mike is not accepting that. translators will just laugh at mike LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 11,181 through 11,200 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account