JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 25,501 through 25,520 (of 25,869 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hey there DesireTruth,

YOU: Time to move on; speak on Gal 5:1-12 and how the Jewish male is suppose to accept the Jesus as Paul teaches circumcision doesn’t matter; and relate that to Gen 17:1-14. My assessment of Paul stands; he’s a liar, manipulator, and deceiver; and he’s real good!

ME: How about we relate it to not only Genesis 17 but additional OT passages!

Genesis 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. 8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God…10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. 11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant between me and you.

God’s covenant with Abraham was a promise that He would give to Abraham and his seed an eternal possession of all the land of Canaan and He would be their God. God set Abraham and his seed apart, they would be for a people unto Himself and have a physical reminder of this covenant, circumcision.

God’s covenant with Israel,

Exodus 19: 5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Exodus 20 begins with the 10 commandments and other specific commands follow.

Deuteronomy 11 speaks to blessing or cursing dependent upon obedience where preceding chapters speak of commandments and examples of blessings and cursing.

Below we read that the covenant with Israel is held within His covenant with Abraham,

Deuteronomy 29:9 Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do. 10 Ye stand this day all of you before the LORD your God; your captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, with all the men of Israel, 11 Your little ones, your wives, and thy stranger that is in thy camp, from the hewer of thy wood unto the drawer of thy water: 12 That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the LORD thy God, and into his oath, which the LORD thy God maketh with thee this day: 13 That he may establish thee to day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.

So we have God’s covenant with Abraham where God has set Israel apart where he will be their God, they will be a people unto Himself, he will make nations and kings from Abraham’s seed and give his seed an everlasting possession of land. Circumcision is a physical reminder, a token of this covenant. In keeping with this covenant, God brings forth another covenant, He is their God through directing them in the way that they should go, giving them laws, where if they obey they are blessed but if they disobey they are cursed. Israel is to cut themselves off from the world and have no other gods but the true God YHVH, love him with all their hearts and obey His commandments.

As we read from OT passages below, we see that physical circumcision means absolutely nothing if they turn to idolatry, if they disobey God, however there is but another kind of circumcision that matters.

Jeremiah 4:1 If thou wilt return, O Israel, saith the LORD, return unto me: and if thou wilt put away thine abominations out of my sight, then shalt thou not remove. 2 And thou shalt swear, The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment, and in righteousness; and the nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory. 3 For thus saith the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns. 4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Jeremiah 9: 23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: 24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. 25 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised. 26 Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart.

Circumcision amounts to absolutely NOTHING, it is circumcision of your heart that counts.

Deut 10: 15 Only the LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. 16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. 17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Deut 30: 1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, 2 Andshalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; 3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee. 4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee: 5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. 6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. 7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. 8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Ezekiel 36: 24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

DT, you see the law could not make Israel righteous, it proved that man can do nothing good of himself. Even in God giving rewards and punishments they were not able to keep the law. Look at the prophecy from Deuteronomy 30! After all the blessings and the curses have been given to Israel and they are scattered among the nations where God drove them away, they will call it all to mind, other passages speak to their repentance, and then God will call them back to the land which He promised them and there He will be their God and they will be His people, He will circumcise their hearts, He will give them a new heart and He will put His Spirit in them and cause them to obey all of His commandments, the laws will be written in their hearts through the works of God’s Spirit dwelling within.

DT, circumcision IS ONLY A PHYSICAL token to the covenant, a Jew who sins there circumcision means absolutely nothing, it is the circumcision of the heart that matters.

Romans 2: 23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24 As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.” 25 Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26 So then, if those who are not circumcised keep the law’s requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? 27 The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker. 28 A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

The OT clearly teaches what Paul stated above!

Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. 2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

The OT clearly teaches that it is circumcision of the heart that counts. The OT clearly teaches that God’s promise is to give us a new heart and put His Spirit within us whereby such He causes us to be able to walk in all his ways. This is what Paul also teaches, he is no liar.

God put His Spirit in Jesus and it did indeed prove his righteousness where he then could not be held to the penalty of death. Jesus is proof of God’s working Spirit in a human being. Because of this proof we are set free from eternal death, as what God can accomplish in one human, He can accomplish in all.  We are promised the Spirit where we too will walk in righteousness, being a child of God, just as Jesus Christ, being fully led by Spirit of God. Our belief in Jesus Christ and faith in God is held in this.

Jodi,  a most excellent post,  my hope is that all will read and think about it.

peace and love to you and yours Jodi………gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

King James Bible

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Let’s analyze this wording, it won’t take much because all you need is a child like level of understanding to comprehend what is written. It says “when Jesus was risen”; when was Jesus risen, “early on the first day of the week.” There is no comma or other punctuation to cause you to pause or to break this phrase into multiple parts; it is a single phrase that conveys one simple thought – on the first day of the week Jesus was risen.

Face it Gene, what you have been taught is a lie; Jesus wasn’t raised up Saturday afternoon. He would have been raised up between Saturday sunset and Sunday sunrise. Believe what you wish.

Why won’t you comment on Psalm 16:10 and the churches false teaching of it being prophecy pointing to Jesus, or how Psalm 110:1 “stumped” the Pharisees, or Isa 7:14 being a supposed prophecy of Jesus’ birth, or why the verb tenses are changed to future tense in Isa 9:6-7? The list of corrupt teachings goes on and the modern church today just accepts what they have been told is truth and never verifies what they are being taught, they just “believe”; the reason why there are so many religions today. Every faith is another faith claiming how right they are and how wrong the others are; but none ever verifying why they believe, what they believe.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

Since Jodi’s post is “most excellent” (Bill, Ted is that you?!?!)

Maybe you can tell me what it means to be “circumcised of the heart” and why in Ezek 44:9 Thus says the Lord Yahweh: “Every foreigner uncircumcised of heart and uncircumcised of flesh shall not come into my sanctuary—not any of the foreigners who are in the midst of the Israelites.” If circumcision means nothing, why does God say no one will be allowed into HIS sanctuary if they aren’t circumcised of both the heart and flesh once the third temple is built? Paul teaches against God!

Berean
    Participant

@ Gene

DT is right about the day of Christ’s resurrection.
    If you want/if anyone wants a complete study on the subject go to:
    https://www.wednesdaycrucifixion.com/

God bless

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

You are a liar.
    The Suffering Servant pictured in Isaiah 53 is a Sin-bearer.
    Only Jesus the Messiah is ‘the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world.’

Berean
    Participant

SO TRUE DD

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Danny,

What an intellectual response to questions asked in post# 946186. You really don’t know how to respond; except with what you have been told to believe and even then your grasping at thin air, you believe something you can’t explain.

Still need to know who is speaking where in this dialog and what pronouns reference who. Lead me; bring me “back to the fold”! Explain the chapter so I can understand what’s really happening. Something tells me you can’t and all you have is your “I Believe Button.”

You: Only Jesus the Messiah is ‘the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world.’

Me: show me where in the Tanakh the Messiah was called the “lamb of God”, how belief in the Messiah would save someone, and where a man could take the sins of the world away.

Danny, your none answers are actually revealing answers that show you don’t know why you believe what you believe. Before you call me a liar, I would recommend you back up your claim with scripture and not churchy responses that cannot be proved. If you aren’t willing to back up your belief, shhhhhh; your religion will go on without me.

Berean
    Participant

@ DT

…..he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Who do you think is the “he”?

carmel
    Participant

Hi DT,

You: Me: Lineage ran through the father and NOT the mother.

The mother has NOTHING to do with lineage,

Me: NOT QUITE PRECISE:

Luke gives the name Heli (the father of Mary) but then doesn’t list Mary but mentions Joseph. Why?

LET’S SEE HOW VITAL THE WOMAN IS, CONCERNING INHERITANCES!

Heli had no sons!

But according to the Law of Moses,

ESTABLISHED BY GOD,

when there were no sons to preserve the inheritance, the husband (son-in-law) would become the son upon marriage to keep up the family name. Therefore,

Joseph, THE MAN, ON MARRYING MARY, THE WOMAN!!!

became the legal son of Heli according to the Law of Moses AGAIN

ESTABLISHED BY GOD ALL-KNOWING,

and, therefore,

could now be legally included in the genealogy!

NOT ONLY THAT BUT NOTHING TO DO WITH JECONIAH AT ALL ANYMORE!!! NO?

THUS THANKS TO MARY  “THE WOMAN” BEING IN THE LINEAGE OF DAVID,

JESUS IS BOTH THE SON OF GOD AND THE SON OF MAN;

UNIQUE WITHOUT THE BLOOD OF HIS SUPPOSED FATHER  JOSEPH CONTAMINATED WITH THE BLOOD OF JECONIAH, CURSED BY GOD HIMSELF!

ALL POSSIBLE FOR GOD.

JESUS IS THE MESSIAH AND KING BOTH OF HEAVEN AND EARTH!  

GOD AND FATHER OF THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE IN 

ONE SAME DIVINE BLOOD!

THIS MY FLESH IT IS GIVEN FOR YOU….

Isaiah 9:6 For a CHILD IS BORN to us, and a son is given to us,

and the government is upon his shoulder:

and his name shall be called,

Wonderful, Counsellor,

God the Mighty,

the Father of the world to come,

the Prince of Peace.

THE MAN “JOSEPH” AND THE MAN JECONIAH  WERE BOTH PRESENT AND INEXISTENCE ON JESUS’ BIRTH, ESPECIALLY 

IN THE GENEALOGY OF JESUS!

GOD IS A PERFECT PARADOX!

Jeremiah 31:22 How long wilt thou be dissolute in deliciousness, O wandering daughter?

for the Lord hath created a new thing upon the earth:

A WOMAN SHALL COMPASS A MAN.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Berean,

Who do you think the “our” is in verse one and what message are they speaking that is so unbelievable? Who is speaking here? Please don’t stop at one verse, explain them all and what’s happening. Singling out a few verses and saying it’s Jesus is nonsensical and proves nothing but cherry picking, place all the verses in context and explain what they mean. The same thing I asked you to do months ago before you ran from it.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Carmel,

You: “when there were no sons to preserve the inheritance, the husband (son-in-law) would become the son upon marriage to keep up the family name.”

Me: I haven’t found this verse that says when marrying the daughter of a son less man the man being married becomes the “son” of that man. The only thing I found was when a man only has daughters dies, the inheritance would go to the daughter and she was to only marry into the tribe of their father so the inheritance would stay with the tribe and not transfer to another tribe. What verse are you citing?

Not that having that verse will change anything because Luke has Jesus’ lineage going back to David thru his son Nathan. This is a HUGE problem because in I Chron 22:7-10:

“David said to Solomon his son, “I myself had in my heart to build a house for the name of Yahweh my God,

8 but it happened that the word of Yahweh came over me, saying, ‘You have shed much blood and have made much war; you shall not build a house for my name because you have shed much blood upon the ground before me.

9 Behold, a son shall be born to you; he himself will be a man of rest, and I will give rest to him from all his enemies all around, for his name will be Solomon, and peace and quietness I will give to Israel in his days.

10 He himself will build a house for my name, and he himself will be to me a son, and I will be to him as a father, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.’

There’s a few things going on in this verse, the important part is verses 9-10; we find out it will be Solomon who will build the temple, it will be Solomon who will be a son to God and God a father to him, AND (proving the lie of Luke’s genealogy) it is thru Solomon’s the throne is established forever. Did you read anything about Nathan? The Messiah is to come from the lineage of David and Solomon; Nathan is Solomon’s brother. Once again another lie of the NT is exposed; how many lies can there be in the “infallible word of God” before it’s not considered the “word of God”, let alone “infallible?

I’ll save the butchering of Isa 9:6 for another day.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DT……You are right about where I said “Jesus was resurrected on Saturday afternoon” , what I meant to say was he was resurrected Saturday evening at sunset, my mistake, but non the less he was not resurrected on Sunday morning,  as you falsely present it.  You very clearly left out the rest of the sentence,  to conceal the fact that,  that sentence was addressing, that MARY on the first day of the week was  THE FIRST ONE TO SEE HIM. “AFTER HE WAS “RISEN”,  a (pas-tense) word.  The sentence structure was not addressing the time of his resurrection, at all, but the  one who seen him “AFTER”.  he was “RISEN” and the time she saw him.

Jesus was cut off in the Midwest of the week , (Wednesday around 3:00 PM), was placed in the tomb at sundown Wednesday, was in the grave all of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday , he arose Saturday after sunset, which completed three days and three nights, being in the grave.

DT, technically you could say he arose on Sunday, but not in the morning it was the night before the morning. When Mary saw him early Sunday morning Jesus was already “RISEN” , Just as it says.

Peace and love to you and yours DT………gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

You: I would recommend you back up your claim with scripture

Me: Isaiah 53:12 …he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Berean
    Participant

Psalm 22:16

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

ISAIAH 53 :5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Zechariah 13:6“

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.”

John 1:11 He came unto his own,and his own received him not.

But

👇

as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Amen!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….A most “excellent ” post.

peace and love to you and yours Berean……..gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

You: “I meant to say was he was resurrected Saturday evening at sunset”

Me: I’m sorry your statement really ticks me off as you doubled down on the 3:00pm time frame, insisting that is when Jesus was raised up; and you now “meant to say” it was really “at sunset”?!?!?!?? In all the places I have traveled around the world 3:00pm and sunset have never been the same, including Israel. Is your new “claim” so you can still say it was Saturday that Jesus rose? The wording of Mark is “he was risen early on the first day” means he was risen on the first day of the week, which would have been AFTER sunset on the last day of the week. Either Mark’s a liar or your religion is; both cannot be right. To say Jesus rose on “Saturday” is our modern time frame and not the 1st centuries. Believe a lie or believe the words written; your choice. I don’t have time to argue the stupidity of this; believe what you are told to believe, but stop wasting time. This is the least of your worries as you defend this so called infallible book. Spend your time more wisely and answer these questions:

Why is Psalm 16:10 suppose to be a prophecy pointing to Jesus; when it’s a Psalm where David describes God as his “source” for everything in life and in death.

How did Jesus “stump” the Pharisees when he quoted Psalm 110:1? A Psalm that is written to and not written by David.

Why is Isa 7:14 being taught every year as being a prophecy of Jesus’ birth? When it’s really a prophecy directed at King Ahaz.

Why does the KJV change the verb tenses of Isa 9:6-7 to a future tense when they are actually in the past?

Verses 1-18 of Ps 22 is David crying out to God because of his enemies; but verse 16 is a reference to Jesus. How?! Sounds like cherry picking!

How many lies and how much deception can there be in the NT before it’s not the “word of God”?

carmel
    Participant

Hi DT,

Me: “when there were no sons to preserve the inheritance, the husband (son-in-law) would become the son upon marriage to keep up the family name.”

You: I haven’t found this verse that says when marrying the daughter of a son less man the man being married becomes

the “son” of that man…..

ME: Back to square one!

Luke is following the Hebraic, traditional form of genealogies by listing only the male names in which Mary is designated by

her husband’s name.

Thus Joseph to Heli is

HIS SON-IN-LAW

You: What verse are you citing?

1 Samuel 24:16  And when David had made an end of speaking these words to Saul, Saul said: Is this thy voice, MY SON DAVID…..

1 Samuel 26:17 And Saul knew David’s voice, and said:

Is this thy voice, MY SON DAVID? 

DAVID IN THE ABOVE BECAME THE SON OF SAUL ONCE HE MARRIED SAUL’S DAUGHTER MICHOL.

You: Not that having that verse will change anything because Luke has Jesus’ lineage going back to David through his son Nathan. This is a HUGE problem in I Chron 22:7-10:….

the important part is verses 9-10; we find out it will be Solomon who will build the temple, it will be Solomon who will be a son to God and God a father to him,

AND (proving the lie of Luke’s genealogy) it is through Solomon’s the throne is established forever.

Did you read anything about Nathan? The Messiah is to come from the lineage of David and Solomon; Nathan is Solomon’s brother.

Once again another lie of the NT is exposed; how many lies can there be in the “infallible word of God” before it’s not considered the

“word of God”, let alone “infallible?

Let start!

Mary’s husband Joseph, who was Heli’s son-in-law,

became Heli’s legal son to continue Heli’s family line.

The point of all of this is that in the culture of ancient Israel, inheritance from father to son was so significant and essential that,

for all legal intents and purposes,

Jesus was Joseph’s son, even if He was not Joseph’s biological son.

Then there’s also the case of a stepson who took on

the LEGAL status of his stepfather.

Hence: Jesus can be recognized as

“Solomon’s son”

through Jesus’ step-father, Joseph

Matthew’s purpose is to prove to the Jews that Jesus is the Messiah. The Jews would have recognized from this genealogical list that Jesus had

the LEGAL right to inherit the throne of David.

Luke’s purpose was just to show from Mary’s genealogy that she came from the blood-line of David which showed that Jesus was a

BLOOD-LINE descendant of David.

The scepter and throne of David and Solomon, descendants of Judah, will come to the

Messiah Jesus, who will rule and reign forever:

Genesis 49:10 The sceptre shall not be taken away from Juda, nor a ruler from his thigh, till he come that is to be sent, and he shall be the expectation of nations.

1 Kings 2:45 And king Solomon shall be blessed, and the throne of David shall be established before the Lord forever.

Isaiah 9:7 His empire shall be multiplied, and there shall be no end of peace: he shall sit upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom; to establish it and strengthen it with judgment and with justice, from henceforth and forever: the zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

The scepter and throne are Jesus’ legal inheritance, through his earthly paternal lineage.

But for YOU who has a problem with Jesus’ not being a biological descendant of Solomon, through Joseph,

the scepter also is Jesus’ biological inheritance, since

He is a direct descendant of King David,

through his maternal lineage.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Berean,

You quote Ps 22:16 as “proof” to who the “our” is in Isa 53:1 and the “message” no one would believe?!?! That makes zero sense! Or were you just spouting off verses again without explanation?

How exactly does Isa 53:5 explain the pronoun in verse one?

You then quote Zech 13:6; recommend you read verses 1-5 to put 6 into perspective and how do you get the Jesus out of it.

1 “ ‘On that day a well will be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and from impurity.

2 And then, on that day,’ declares Yahweh of hosts, ‘I will cut off the names of the idols from the land, and they will no longer be remembered; and also the prophets and the spirit of uncleanness I will banish from the land.

3 And then, if anyone prophesies again, his father and his mother who bore him will say to him, “You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of Yahweh!” And his father and his mother who bore him will pierce him through when he prophesies.

4 And then on that day, each of the prophets will be ashamed because of his vision when he was prophesying, and they will not put on a cloak of hair in order to deceive,

5 but he will say, “I am not a prophet; I am a tiller of the soil, for a man has acquired me since my youth.”

6 And someone shall say to him, “What are these wounds between your arms?” and he will say, “Those I have received in the house of the ones who love me.” ’ ”

If you’re going to say verse 6 is about Jesus, it’s no wonder he was “beaten”; he was a false prophet. Are you saying Jesus was beaten by those who “loved” him or where his “friends”? Did your eyes open? This section is about false prophets; and those claiming to be prophets are going to be beaten by their family for being so. The scars will be a reminder the man was a false prophet and a sign to all who see him he was a false prophet. Put this into perspective, when Jesus revealed himself to the disciples didn’t he show them his scars as proof of who he was?

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Carmel,

You can explain it away all you want, but the words written are the words written and you cannot change them. Luke claimed the lineage to Jesus came thru David’s son Nathan and not thru David’s son Solomon. That alone throws Luke’s account into the trash because Heli is a descendant of Nathan AND it was God who told David HE was establishing David’s throne thru his son Solomon. The Matthew account is thrown out because Jeconiah was counted as childless and the lineage thru him ended. Jesus, by the accounts of Luke and Matthew, fails to fulfill the promise given by God to David making both accounts lies AND Jesus not the Messiah.

We cannot forget it was the spirit is who impregnated Mary and NOT of the seed of David. Once again, you are justifying lies.

Berean
    Participant

@DD

YOU

JESUS 👎

ME

JESUS 👍

Viewing 20 posts - 25,501 through 25,520 (of 25,869 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account