JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 25,401 through 25,420 (of 25,869 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Sorry for the mistake…..>in the above post I meant to say Abraham,  not Moses.

peace and love to you all……..gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

Anyway, I know that Jesus is the Messiah and the Son of YHWH.
    I don’t want to waste anymore time with your hatred of the truth.
    God bless.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Danny,

The truth is what the truth is; the fact you are unable to accept the truth, means you are the one who hates truth. I showed you Paul is a liar and asked you to explain his words…you couldn’t, but do accept Paul’s lies as truth.

Jesus cannot be the messiah as he is NOT from the seed of David, he was conceived of the spirit.

If Deut 18:15 is really a reference to Jesus, are you going to say Moses and Jesus were “like” or “similar”? I thought Jesus was the son of God; wouldn’t that make him greater?

The true Messiah is to bring peace to the world, not a sword.

The true Messiah is to unit the Jewish people again, not divide.

If Jesus is the Messiah, being the ultimate sacrifice and no more needed, explain why sacrifices will be restored once the new temple is built?

I once believed as you do. What humors me is your adamant stance on Jesus, but you can’t answer questions let alone explain why you believe what you believe. How are you bringing anyone to the Jesus if you can’t answer questions or explain the why? It would seem your belief is superficial and skin deep, like a coating of enamel.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

You: show me the scripture where it say Abraham keep (kept) Gods “laws”.

Me: Gen 26:5 Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. Or is this not good enough or where you looking for Abraham to be following the Mosaic Law that was given to the people hundreds of years later? Are you saying people are unable to have a relationship with their creator without a set of “laws”? Are we not created in God’s image? Are God’s “laws” not imprinted within each of us as a result of being in HIS image? Hate to break it to you, people are actually “good” in their nature and not “evil.”

Concerning Isaac and Jacob, are you insinuating neither of them followed after God or did what God commanded?!? Careful, as scripture tells they did (reread Genesis again). What exactly did Abraham obey since it was God who told Isaac his father obeyed HIS voice? What did Job do that he was blameless and upright, one who feared God and shunned evil? Job even offered up burnt offerings to God on behalf of his children. How is one blameless and upright unless they are following God? The larger question is why is Job, a gentile, offering sacrifices to God before HE “mandated” it?

Remember the “law” (Mosaic Law) is the first five books of the Tanakh and inside that God gave 613 mitzvot to the people, instructions on how they were to worship God and treat others. Why does this understanding anger you so much? If we didn’t have speed limits and everyone drove the speed they felt safe driving, how many more accidents do you think we would have? So by establishing a “safe” speed everyone is to adhere to, this “law” creates a safe driving experience; but for you this is “forced compliance”?!? Explain how God telling HIS people how they should live is “forced compliance”? How is respecting your neighbor “forced compliance”? It’s almost like you hate what God established in the heart of man.

You: we will see where your new Jewish faith and hatred of Paul and Jesus as the messiah, will get you in the end, won’t we?

Me: I didn’t convert to Judaism, there is no need to; would say closer to Bnei Noach (Noahide) as I have walked away from christianity. When was the last time you saw a Jew on a street corner trying to convert someone to Judaism? NEVER!! Christianity on the other hand, convert to my religion or you’re going to Hell. Read the prophets of the Tanakh and see if the messiah spoken of matches the “messiah” Jesus you cling to. I’m not speaking of this verse or that one, read the entire book; then get back to me. I know you won’t; because if you do, it will change you and change isn’t what you desire; you’re content in your belief. I started asking to many questions of a pastor and almost got kicked out of the church I attended; so much love and understanding. Even here, some responses I have received are crude; “christianity” isn’t really about love, unless it’s for those who agree with you; but conversion to what you believe is truth.

You: There is “ONLY”, three things God requires us to do; to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Me: Do you realize Micah summarized the mitzvot written in the “books of law”; how mankind is suppose to interact with one another? Micah begins the verse with “He has told you, 0 man, what is good, And what the LORD requires of you.” When did God tell man what is good and what HE requires of them – could it be when HE spoke to the people at Mt. Sinai?!?

Then you tell me to “repent”; repent of what, finally realizing God is my salvation and there is no middleman required to get go to HIM? Stop believing Paul when he calls you a filthy, dirty, nasty, sinful, icky human being who isn’t worthy of God’s love and the only way you are is with the Jesus; you are worthy of God’s love and all you have to do is turn to HIM, nothing or no one is required; just you and HIM. Anything that stands between you and God is idolatry. It really is that simple!

By the way, the fact you failed to answer my questions didn’t go unnoticed.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DT, you said……> Gen 26:5 Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

me….The word (torah). Does not mean law, it means a precept, or statue,  but not a law as you falsely assume.  Not only that the LAW was not even given until 430 years latter , exactly as The apostle Paul, said.

DT this is what Peter said about the Apostle Paul…….> 2 Peter 3:15-16…..>“and account of the long suffering of our Lord is salvation, even as our brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him has written unto you. (16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to be understand, which which they that are unlearned wrest, as they do also the other  scriptures,  unto their own destruction”.

DT ask yourself where do you fit in that picture?

peace and love to you and yours DT………gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

Focus like a laser beam, when I quoted Gen 26:5 God said it was HIS “laws” Abraham obeyed. What “laws” was God saying Abraham obeyed? What commandments? What statutes? Why do you keep deflecting away from this question?

Your last few responses to my comments are a clear indicator that what you believe, you cannot fully support; as I have said to others how can you be leading anyone to the Jesus if you can’t answer questions and explain your reasoning?

By the way, I am neither ignorant, unstable, or have to twist scripture to fit a belief. If scripture is difficult to understand, it isn’t from God; and Paul is difficult to understand at times just as Peter points out. It’s humorous how everyone has remained silent on my criticism of Paul, even after quoting his words and the lies he spews. Time to wake up from your religious slumber and start testing the words of Paul. Remember he was speaking to the none Jew who didn’t have the benefit of having the Jewish scriptures to reference and verify what he was saying; you do!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DT……AT THE TIME OF ABRAHAM, there was no “Law”  (enforced requirements anywhere ),  your lack of understanding scriptures is the problem,  I gave you the actual word used there and you did not use your “laser beam” to check it out.  The actual word there means Gods precepts, translators inserted the word law in error.

Abraham was a man of Faith and that Faith in God,  was “attributed”, to him as righteousness” .  

if you believe Abraham was under the law ” then show  us a single “SABATH  DAY”  he ever kept.  Or for that matter show us a single sacrifice he ever made for his sins.  Now use you “laser beam” and try to focus on that . The “LAW” came 490 years after the promises to Abraham”,  exactly as the apostle Paul said.

Anyone with any sense knows that the “law” came into effect at Mount Sinai just as   Ex 20:20,  “clearly shows”>. The law did not exist until then.  THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD were turned into LAWS, because of the evil unbelief of the Israelites.  Laws do not work by Faith, but by enforcement.  People who think by their obedience to laws they are made right in their hearts,  are  foolish and ignorant of the truth.

The APOSTLE PAUL,  is absolutely right in what he said. “By works of law, shall no flesh be “justified” before God”.

peace and love to you and yours DT………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning Berean,

I guess it’s been 19 days since I last posted. Things have been crazy busy for me the last few weeks.

Anyway, I saw you response to my last post.

YOU:

The WORD was not 👉 the GOD(THE FATHER)

THE Word was WITH THE GOD

AND THE WORD WAS 👉GOD

ME:

The WORD is God the Father’s Spirit in Jesus, which Jesus preached that it would come to abode in us also.

It’s pretty awesome when you think about it.

Indeed God’s Word from the beginning was of the coming Christ, a Son of Man being anointed of the Father’s Spirit and sent out into the world to save all that was lost.

Therein Jesus would speak God’s Word, words to which Jesus said themselves are Spirit and they are life. He preached of being born of the Spirit which he also said in other words, was to drink of the same cup that he drinks of, which according to Paul is to drink of the One Spirit.

Berean, do you honestly not realize that which was WITH God from the beginning was His Word, His Word that His Spirit would dwell in man and that if the Word is His Spirit in man, then the Word is thus also Himself? COME ON!

Further, the Spirit is life because the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth and God promised from the beginning to give it to us, which was the Words of Life, eternal life was with the Father from the beginning. 

You do realize Berean that God’s Promise of eternal life was WITH the Father even before the world was and that God Himself is eternal life and the only way to gain eternal life is through being born of His Spirit, having His Spirit aboding in you.

Jesus is the example, he was born of the Spirit, he drank of the cup of the One Spirit and then he entered into God’s eternal  kingdom. This is God’s Word made true, as God had promised to take a son of David and make him into His own Son, settle him into His House and make him an eternal king. John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael and saith unto him, we have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph… 49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God, thou art the King of Israel.”

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, Promised before the world began

2 Tim 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

“All things were made by (REASON OF) him; and without him was not anything made that was made.”

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom PREPARED for you FROM THE foundation of the world.

As I said, this is all pretty awesome. The Word was made true in the flesh of Jesus, God’s Word from the beginning, Jesus was begotten of God’s Spirit filled with grace and truth where the people beheld his glory, jut as Isaiah had declared, where it was a glory begotten in him given by God for him ONLY. When this Word was made flesh it was the beginning of the Word of Life being preached.  This is why in John we read of him being for the LIGHT Isaiah spoke about that God had promised and why we read of the Spirit coming to abode in Jesus also just as Isaiah spoke about. 

John 2: 11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

The GLORY was him being begotten of the Spirit whereby such he was able to perform miracles. Jesus used miracles to prove he was God’s Son having been born of His Spirit, how do you not realize that?

Are you really that blind Berean? Having God’s Spirit coming to abode in you is not being begotten by God? COME ON, they are ONE AND THE SAME THING AND BOTH are given to us in John 1. We are even told that John bears witness that he who the Spirit descended upon IS the Son of God.  

Jesus is a firstborn of many brethren and in John 1 we are given, “12 but as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God..13 which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld his glory as the only begotten of the Father FILLED with grace and truth. COME ON Berean, BY THE SPIRIT ABODING IN JESUS is he then FILLED WITH GRACE AND TRUTH and John goes on to give us the account of the Spirit descending upon Jesus. Further, Jesus says that the Spirit COMING TO ABODE IN HIM WAS AN ANOINTING-this is an ONLY begetting of the Spirit for a specific purpose, a glory given ONLY to Jesus. 

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@Gene Balthrop

Amen to your last post.

God bless

Jodi
    Participant

Yes, I will second what Danny said, amen to your last post Gene!

DT, what is so awful about what Paul teaches? Certainly it seems what you think is awful is because you have him all wrong as you don’t apply his words with his own words as well as apply them to the words of others in scripture OT and NT. 

Why DT did God say in Ezekiel 36 that He would put His Spirit in man and by such CAUSE him to be able to walk in all His ways? Why do we see Isaiah tell us that the Messiah would also receive God’s Spirit and do righteous works, such as be able to judge the world in righteousness, not by his own eyes, but through God in him?

No man is able to keep even one letter of the law without the workings of God’s Spirit. The law identified sin and it revealed that no man is capable of living without sin on his own. One must be born of God’s Spirit to be without sin and Jesus is our example, he is the firstborn.

The Spirit within equates to the law being written in the heart, wherein thus the law is not necessary, do you get that? This is what Paul taught. Ezekiel starts off by saying God would cleanse us and give us a new heart and put His Spirit within causing man to walk in all His ways. Jesus preached that we would drink of the cup that he drinks of and be baptized with the baptism he received, but people on this forum out right deny Jesus’s own baptism. Jesus will baptize us with the Holy Spirit as God had baptized him with the Holy Spirit, which was a calling to righteousness just as Isaiah prophesied unto a Son of Man. 

See, believing in Jesus is believing that the Spirit of God dwells in him, that he has been born of the Spirit, where the fruit thereof as Paul says in Ephesians, is in all goodness, righteousness and truth. Believing in Jesus ALSO means that we are promised to drink of the same cup he drinks of, drink of the cup of the One Spirit which brings forth righteousness unto eternal life. 

We are justified through Christ as he is the proof of God’s working Spirit in man. The idea that God had to send down a pre-existing Son to earth and make him flesh in order to save us is a LIE that takes away from the glory of the truth and is to undermine God’s Spirit. God sent down His Word from heaven, His Word that had been With him before the world was, the Word by which He created all things, His purpose, which was for His Spirit to come to dwell in man and lead him in all the ways that he should go. Jesus is a firstborn of this, he received the Spirit at the river Jordan and then he preached this Word of Life and then he received the” Promised Spirit” when he rose from the dead, “this day I have begotten you”. This is the Word being made flesh. 

It’s not a pre-existing Son of God came to be our savior as many on this forum teach.

YHVH our heavenly Father is our Savior through CHRIST -the Son of Man anointed of God’s Spirit, where being led by that Spirit living in him he is a Son of God and it is this Son of God who was sent. He came from God, he came directly to us thus from heaven.

Paul gives us the very definition of the Son in Romans 8 but many on this forum deny it. Jesus is a Son of God because the Spirit in him is a witness to his own spirit that he is a child of God. Jesus’s actions show us that this Son of Man’s spirit is being led by God’s Spirit and those that are” led by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God.” By this he is a firstborn of many brethren. Being justified through Christ exactly equates to being justified through YHVH’s Spirit aboding in man. Jesus’s name means YHVH is salvation and that salvation came through YHVH aboding in Jesus.

John 12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

YHVH’s Spirit is the cause to our salvation, Jesus’s name was glorified at the river Jordon and upon his resurrection, when both times he was begotten of God’s Spirit. Paul tells us in Galatians that “the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”  You see the Spirit dwells in you it’s in your heart so it becomes your nature, if it’s in your nature there is no need to have a law. Needing to have the law when the Spirit is in you and it’s works become your very nature, would be an insult to God, it would be telling God that He Himself needs the law also in order to be righteous. In God’s kingdom He is going to change the very nature of animals too, ” 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.” This has been one of my favorite scriptures since I was 10, and I have been longing for the fulfillment of this passage since then.

Jodi
    Participant

Yes, I will second what Danny said, amen to your last post Gene!

DT, what is so awful about what Paul teaches? Certainly it seems what you think is awful is because you have him all wrong as you don’t apply his words with his own words as well as apply them to the words of others in scripture OT and NT. 

Why DT did God say in Ezekiel 36 that He would put His Spirit in man and by such CAUSE him to be able to walk in all His ways? Why do we see Isaiah tell us that the Messiah would also receive God’s Spirit and do righteous works, such as be able to judge the world in righteousness, not by his own eyes, but through God in him?

No man is able to keep even one letter of the law without the workings of God’s Spirit. The law identified sin and it revealed that no man is capable of living without sin on his own. One must be born of God’s Spirit to be without sin and Jesus is our example, he is the firstborn.

The Spirit within equates to the law being written in the heart, wherein thus the law is not necessary, do you get that? This is what Paul taught. Ezekiel starts off by saying God would cleanse us and give us a new heart and put His Spirit within causing man to walk in all His ways. Jesus preached that we would drink of the cup that he drinks of and be baptized with the baptism he received, but people on this forum out right deny Jesus’s own baptism. Jesus will baptize us with the Holy Spirit as God had baptized him with the Holy Spirit, which was a calling to righteousness just as Isaiah prophesied unto a Son of Man. 

See, believing in Jesus is believing that the Spirit of God dwells in him, that he has been born of the Spirit, where the fruit thereof as Paul says in Ephesians, is in all goodness, righteousness and truth. Believing in Jesus ALSO means that we are promised to drink of the same cup he drinks of, drink of the cup of the One Spirit which brings forth righteousness unto eternal life. 

We are justified through Christ as he is the proof of God’s working Spirit in man. The idea that God had to send down a pre-existing Son to earth and make him flesh in order to save us is a LIE that takes away from the glory of the truth and is to undermine God’s Spirit. God sent down His Word from heaven, His Word that had been With him before the world was, the Word by which He created all things, His purpose, which was for His Spirit to come to dwell in man and lead him in all the ways that he should go. Jesus is a firstborn of this, he received the Spirit at the river Jordan and then he preached this Word of Life and then he received the” Promised Spirit” when he rose from the dead, “this day I have begotten you”. This is the Word being made flesh. 

It’s not a pre-existing Son of God came to be our savior as many on this forum teach.

YHVH our heavenly Father is our Savior through CHRIST -the Son of Man anointed of God’s Spirit, where being led by that Spirit living in him he is a Son of God and it is this Son of God who was sent. He came from God, he came directly to us thus from heaven.

Paul gives us the very definition of the Son in Romans 8 but many on this forum deny it. Jesus is a Son of God because the Spirit in him is a witness to his own spirit that he is a child of God. Jesus’s actions show us that this Son of Man’s spirit is being led by God’s Spirit and those that are” led by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God.” By this he is a firstborn of many brethren.

Being justified through Christ exactly equates to being justified through YHVH’s Spirit aboding in man. Jesus’s name means YHVH is salvation and that salvation came through YHVH aboding in Jesus.

John 12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

YHVH’s Spirit is the cause to our salvation, Jesus’s name was glorified at the river Jordon and upon his resurrection, when both times he was begotten of God’s Spirit. Paul tells us in Galatians that “the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”  You see the Spirit dwells in you it’s in your heart so it becomes your nature, if it’s in your nature there is no need to have a law. Needing to have the law when the Spirit is in you and it’s works become your very nature, would be an insult to God, it would be telling God that He Himself needs the law also in order to be righteous. In God’s kingdom He is going to change the very nature of animals too, ” 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.” This has been one of my favorite scriptures since I was 10, and I have been longing for the fulfillment of this passage since then.

Jodi
    Participant

previous post was repeated so I have deleted it

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

You: The actual word there means Gods precepts, translators inserted the word law in error.

Me: Are you saying your infallible King James (along with every other translation) has an error?!?!? Except it’s not an error (KJV has plenty of others to worry about); if you would have looked up the Hebrew of the passage the word you would have found is “to.rah” (does the word look familiar?) Strong’s H8451 and the meaning is law, direction, instruction; precepts means instruction, it fits. Seems my “laser beam” is actually working; might want to get yours looked at.

This brings us back to my original question; in Gen 26:5 God says to Isaac “because Abraham obeyed My voice, and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” God gave four areas Abraham obeyed; what “charge”, “commandments”, “statutes”, and “laws” (torah) did God say Abraham kept hundreds of years before giving HIS commands to the Israelite people in the wilderness?

Another question I’m still waiting for an answer to is where in the Tanakh does it ever state one is “justified” by following the “law”?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DT……. (to-raw) (to-raw),  means a “precept or statue” , especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch” : then the translators added – law”  

You’re still unable to understand, the difference between the words “the” law,  and just law, by itself .  “The law”  is referring to the Ten Commandments ,  while the word law by itself applies  to,  many different kinds of enforced behaviors.

That was Paul’s point,  by the way “law works”, (enforced compliance) no one’s “heart” could ever be made right.   Laws are made for the unbelieving, ungodly people, whose behavior can only be controlled by the way “LAW”  works.

The gentiles didn’t need any laws, but did the things contained in “the law” , how? Buy God’s spirit of love working in their hearts, causing them to fulfill every thing God required of them.

Peace and love to you and yours DT……….gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

Thank you for your none answer to my questions. It was God who said Abraham obeyed HIS commands, statutes, and laws. Your failure to answer what Abraham obeyed tells me you don’t have a clue. I guess I shouldn’t expect an answer to where it states in the Tanakh following the “law” “justified” anyone either? Deut 6:24,25 “Yahweh commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear Yahweh our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as at this day. 25 It shall be righteousness to us, if we observe to do all this commandment before Yahweh our God, as he has commanded us.” Following God’s “laws”, “commandments”, “statutes” made them righteous, not justified. You seem to forget, within the 613 Mitzvot are the 10 Commandments and are not separated, holding a higher “value” than the rest of them.

When “law” is referenced isn’t it speaking of the Law of Moses? Jesus said he didn’t come to abolish “the law” or the prophets? Some translations say “Moses’ teachings”, “Law of Moses”, “The Written Law”; then in the next verse Jesus says not the smallest detail of “the law” will disappear; again, some translations say “God’s Law”, “Moses’ teachings”, “The Written Law”; to say “the law” only references the 10 Commandments would be false.

If you wish to believe Paul’s words saying your a nasty sinner before God, with nothing you can do, and the only way your not is through the Jesus, believe it, you have freewill. However, explain why I am wrong choosing to believe the words spoken by God over Paul? Did Paul override God’s words? Did Jesus override God’s words? Did our unchanging God, suddenly change?

Concerning your Sabbath observance, read Ex 16:4,5 and why were they to gather twice as much on the sixth day? Note, this was before Mt Sinai.

Do you really wonder why I left the christian faith; no one knows why they believe what they believe; I didn’t know why I believed what I believed which caused me to start digging and in the process almost got me kicked out of a church for asking to many questions. If you want to be changed, put the NT aside and start reading the Tanakh; because it will change you. Or don’t! At the very least, start testing the words of Paul and see if they align with the Tanakh. Or don’t! At this point I don’t care; it seems the most import thing for you is to get others to believe in your religion and I don’t have time for religion.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Jodi,

What’s wrong with Paul? Here are a few verses of Paul and tell me you’re okay with what he says:

II Cor 11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them that I might minister unto you; Paul tells the Corinthians he isn’t charging them for his “ministry” to them; he is being so gracious to the wealthier church in Corinth, but took payment from less wealthy churches so he wouldn’t have to “charge” them even though it was his “right” to do so. The church that could afford payment, Paul wasn’t going to “burden”; but the poorer churches, he’ll take their payment and calls it “robbing” them. Why didn’t he refuse payment? If Paul meant something else, “robbing” is an extremely poor choice of words; but I think he meant what he said.

I Cor 9:20-23 I have become like a Jew to the Jews, in order that I may gain the Jews. To those under the law I became as under the law (although I myself am not under the law) in order that I may gain those under the law. 21 To those outside the law I became as outside the law (although I am not outside the law of God, but subject to the law of Christ) in order that I may gain those outside the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, in order that I may gain the weak. I have become all things to all people, in order that by all means I may save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, in order that I may become a participant with it. Now Paul is all things to everyone. The great pretender becoming whatever he needed to be to “save some.” Today we call that manipulation.

Gal 5:14 Paul says the “whole law” was fulfilled in one word, meaning the entire law, For the whole law can be summed up in a single commandment, namely, “You must love your neighbor as yourself.” I think he missed the other part of the “law” “love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.”

Read Acts 15:1-32 and Gal 2:1-10:

Paul goes to Jerusalem over a discussion concerning what the gentiles were suppose to do and the general consensus is the gentiles where “to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals, and from blood.” This was written in a letter to the churches. Now let jump to Galatians where Paul is recounting to them his visit to this counsel in Jerusalem and focus like you have never focused before on the words of Paul in Gal 2:10. What does he tell those in Galatia he was to do…“10 They only asked us to remember the poor.” Something doesn’t match. I thought the letter included some other items the gentiles where to observe and it wasn’t to only “remember the poor.”

Staying on this letter Paul was to take to the churches, it was said “to abstain from food polluted (sacrificed to) by idols” and Paul teaches (I Cor 8:1-8) it doesn’t matter whether or not food sacrificed to idols is consumed. This is direct conflict to what was agreed upon at the council in Jerusalem. Paul is in direct opposition to the church leaders.

How much more would you like? I can keep going and I haven’t gotten into his twisting of God’s word.

Berean
    Participant

<h2>Paul’s balance</h2>
    <h2>1Cor.719
    Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but 👉 keeping the commandments of God.</h2>
    <h2></h2>
    <h2>Romans 2:25-29
    Circumcision is useful if you put the law into practice; but 👉 if you transgress the law, 👉 your circumcision becomes uncircumcision 👈</h2>
    <h2>Gal.5:6
    For, in Jesus Christ, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has value, but 👉faith which is active through charity.</h2>
    <h2>Galatians 6:15
    For it is nothing to be circumcised or uncircumcised; what is something 👉is to be a new creature. </h2>
    <h2><span style=”color: #339966;”>God bless </span></h2>

Berean
    Participant

Paul’s balance

1Cor.719
    Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but 👉 keeping the commandments of God.

Romans 2:25-29
    Circumcision is useful if you put the law into practice; but 👉 if you transgress the law, 👉 your circumcision becomes uncircumcision 👈

Gal.5:6
    For, in Jesus Christ, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has value, but 👉faith which is active through charity.

Galatians 6:15
    For it is nothing to be circumcised or uncircumcised; what is something is to be a new creature.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DT……Jesus said,  to “LOVE” the LORD GOD with all your heart , and to “LOVE” you neighbor, on these two,  “ALL” the law was hinged, AND IS FULFILLED , by these two things. And so did brother Paul say that,  “LOVE” “FULFILLS ” ALL THE LAW.  “By works of “LAW” (the way law works) ,  “NO FLESH” shall be justified before God”, and he was absolutely right.  IMO.  

You think we are saying we should break the law,  NO we fulfill all the requirements of ALL THE LAW, by the love of God shed abroad in our hearts.  A operation that only God himself can perform “IN” us,  no “LAW”  (forced compliance)  could ever change the heart of a person,  as the history of Israel,  “CLEARLY SHOWS” .

Fear can regulate a society, but can never change the Hearts of people,  that takes God himself to do that, by putting his Spirt in us.  That is something a law or groups of laws , can never do.

The apostle Paul , is 100% right , you on the other hand are completely wrong. If you want to Aline with those Jew’s who murdered Jesus, and the other  apostles, that is as, you say, your so-called  “Freewill” choices,  something I don’t believe in either.

peace and love to you and yours DT……….gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

Only the wicked freemasons are trying constantly to separate YHWH from his Son Jesus Christ.
    Because they know that we need both of them. John 17:3!!
    Repent, time is short!
    Goodbye!

Viewing 20 posts - 25,401 through 25,420 (of 25,869 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account