JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,781 through 24,800 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

@Nick

You

In the beginning was the Word

and the Word was with God

and the Word was God.

The Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of the Son is the Word.

the Word was made flesh and dwelled among us.

we have seen and touched the Word.

John understood.

Me

The Holy Scriptures are explained BY THE HOLY SCRIPTURES WHICH ARE THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT…
    UNFORTUNATELY THAT’S NOT WHAT YOU AND GENE DO.
    A HALF TRUTH IS A LIE.

THE TRUE JOURNEY OF THE SON OF GOD is written by Paul in Philippians 1

1)Who, šŸ‘‰being in the form of God,šŸ‘‰ thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation,

2) and took upon him the form of a servant,šŸ‘‰ and was made in the likeness of men:šŸ‘ˆ (and the Word was made flesh: Jn 1:14)

3) And šŸ‘‰ BEING FOUND IN FASHION AS A MAN,

šŸ‘‰he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The fear of the LORDĀ isĀ the instruction of wisdom; and before honourĀ isĀ humility.(Proverbes 15:33)

šŸ™

Nick
    Participant

Apparently OFFICIAL DECLARARATIONS are important to Carmel.

Ritualism, Ā not faith.

Nick
    Participant

Stuck in literalism Berean tries to cobble together spiritual words to force a logical understanding.

Nick
    Participant

The Spirit of Christ was found in fashion as a man at the Jordan.

That amazing vessel allowed the nature and the works of God to be done through him.

flesh contributes nothing.

Berean
    Participant

@ Nick

you
    The Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of the Son is the Word.
    me
    If, since for you the spirit of Christ, the spirit of the son is the word,
    you should be able to admit that since THE WORD WAS IN THE BEGINNING, THEN CHRIST, THE SON HIMSELF EXISTED AND HE ALSO WAS WITH GOD.
    And so to fight the thought that the Son of God pre-existed is unjust.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

No the human vessel did not exist till his conception in Mary.

The Spirit of Christ was in the beginning with God and was God .

The anointing at the Jordan announced the arrival of Jesus Christ.

Nick
    Participant

Preexistence is an oxymoron. To exist before you exist?

If you knew the Spirit you could grasp spiritual language.

Nick
    Participant

The Spirit of Christ is not the human spirit of the man Jesus of Nazareth.

It is the Spirit of anointing, the Spirit of eternal life. His human spirit left his body at his death on Calvary , as recorded, and he became alive only by the Holy Spirit, like Jonah, and he was raised by it to earthly life again, like Jonah.

Berean
    Participant

@ Nick

You

The Spirit of Christ was in the beginning with God and was God .

Me

Wrong

The Bible Say :

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    [2] The same was in the beginning with God.
    [3] All things were made by him; and without him wasĀ not any thing made that was made.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

SO, THE WORD OR THE WORD OF GOD

IS ONE NAME OF THE SON OF GOD.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Using logic and literalism you fail to recognise the Spirit.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Any scriptural witnesses for your claim?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nickā€¦..they are spiritually dead, and are unable to see the Truth, because the Spirit of Truth is notĀ “in” Them.Ā  They are Ā therefore exactly as the Pharisees were in the days of Jesus, blind guides, Ā leading the blind, and are all together fallen into a ditch, Ā Grouping at the walls trying to find a way out.

Indeed it is true,Ā “the whole world lies in deception”. Ā Especially “Modern Christianity ” AND ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN A “PREEXISTING ” Ā JESUS.Ā 

Their connection with Jesus is asked on aĀ “LIE”,Ā and they will be greatly disappointed when he returns , because he himself will out of his own mouth expose theĀ “LIES”Ā they have preached about him. Just asĀ 2Ths 2 says. Ā 

Nick, Ā you and Jodi are like a breath of fresh air to me.

peace and love to you and yoursā€¦ā€¦.gene

Berean
    Participant

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    [6] Who, šŸ‘‰being in the form of God, šŸ‘ˆthought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    [7] But made himself of no reputation, šŸ‘‰and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:šŸ‘ˆ
    [8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.Ā 

Amen

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@carmel

Hi Carmel,

It is very clear that Acts 10:38 is referring to the River Jordan.
    Start at verse 37:
    37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all JudƦa,
    and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
    38 How God šŸ‘‰anointedšŸ‘ˆ Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power:
    who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the
    devil; for God was with him.

See, the context is about that it all started after “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power”.
    Anyway, I do believe that Jesus Christ is the preexistent Son of God who became a man.
    I personally believe that he gave up his divine nature at that point. A true sacrifice.
    And as a man, he needed to be anointed with the Holy Ghost and with power.

God bless

Nick
    Participant

Hi Danny,

ā€œGod is not a man that He would lieā€

The Spirit came onto and into a man.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Dannyā€¦ā€¦Nick is right, Ā God is a Spirit and being Spirit he can In dwell human flesh, by sending his Spirit into them. That is exactly what he did with the “flesh man”, Jesus, and also does with those he is now calling, itā€™s all done by “being “anointed” With his Holy Spirit. Which He gives, to those he is choosing. Ā  now there is no difference between those God the Father anoints as sons of his and Jesus the anointed one or (Christoā€™s).
    It is Satan who wantā€™s you to believe Jesus is different the we are, so he can cause Jesusā€™ brothers and sisters, to not have “FAITH” IN GOD the Father, which is, Ā the exact same Faith as Jesus had in him. So he sit out from the beginning in Christianity to make Jesus appear different the we are, Ā 2 Ths 2 ā€¦.> itā€™s all there for those who have eyes to see it. Jesus is the only human being who has taken a seat in the temple of GOD, and is being displayed as a God. Ā That is the greatĀ “lie”, Ā Satan has planted in the hearts of the deceived.Ā And the is exactly whatĀ “fallen Christianity” Ā preaches> Satan does not want anyone to believe Jesus is exactly as we are, and we can obtain to the “Full Measure and Stature” of The human man Jesus.Ā 

peace and love to you and yours Dannyā€¦ā€¦ā€¦gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

IF THE SON OF GOD is ONLY one hundred percent human, AND not divine, why did he say:

I CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO DO NOT MY WILL, BUT THE WILL OF HIM WHO SENT ME(God the Father)

???????

AND PAUL:
    But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
    [8] Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
    [9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that HE ALSO DESCENDED FIRST into the lower parts of the earth?
    [10] He that descended is the same also that ascended far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

šŸ™

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

The Spirit in him spoke often confusing the carnal who do not know the Spirit, and only heard the flesh. It is hard to find many word that come form the flesh.

,ā€I thirst ā€œis one example.

Berean
    Participant

Always wrong answers….

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Why does it say below, “before his coming”?

Acts 13: 22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached BEFORE HIS COMINGĀ the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

God promised that a man would come to fulfill all of God’s will and we are given that this man did not COME until after John began to preach.

This man is spoken of in Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isaiah 46 speaks of a man who would fulfill God’s will and Acts 13 tells us that man is Jesus, a son of David AND Isaiah 46 tells us this was God’s WORD from the beginning.

John 6:37Ā AllĀ thatĀ theĀ FatherĀ givethĀ meĀ shallĀ comeĀ toĀ me;Ā andĀ him thatĀ comethĀ toĀ meĀ IĀ willĀ in noĀ wiseĀ castĀ out.38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

This promised Son of Man came down from heaven, God’s word from the beginning made true in the flesh.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Simple biblical fact Berean, he that came down from heaven is The Son of Man that was in heaven living in the Word of God since the beginning.

34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Jesus quoted Moses when he was tested in the wilderness saying in Luke 4, “man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”

Life is in believing in the word of God.

Later in Luke 4 Jesus quotes Isaiah concerning himself, Ā “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

John 5:24 ā€œVery truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Jesus is the bread from heaven/the bread of God (they mean the same thing) and they equate to being the bread of life, for the anointed of the Spirit without measure, Jesus of Nazareth, speaks God’s word and to those who believe in those words have eternal life.

He which cometh down from heaven we know according to what Jesus said in John 3, is the Son of Man, which in other words it can rightfully be said-Ā  he, the Son of Man, which cometh down from God, giveth life unto the world.

He, the Son of Man who is our bread from heaven/from God, comes down from God/down from heaven, just as God had promised in His Word from the beginning, the man who would execute God’s will.

I will discuss Ephesians 4:7-10 in a next post.

Viewing 20 posts - 24,781 through 24,800 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ā© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

Ā© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account