JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,641 through 24,660 (of 25,892 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

@desire Truth

Am I not understanding something here?!?!? 

Me

What You don’t understand IS that the Son of GOD Who ,in the biginning ,was with God, WAS of the same nature as GOD his Father.

This IS why John wrote : AND THE WORD WAS GOD….

🙏

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”
    Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
    Matthew 16:15-16

carmel
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

You: Please explain John 18:31 where the religious leaders say it wasn’t lawful for them to put anyone to death under Roman law. The leaders were going to stone Jesus in one place and

in another they remember they can’t?!?! Something doesn’t make sense.

Me :It is irrelevant!

Read again:

31The Jews then took up stones to stone him.

32Jesus answered them: Many good works I have shewed you from my Father; for which of these works do you stone me? 33The Jews answered him:

For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy;

and because that thou, being a man,

maketh thyself God. 

The fact is that they took up stones to stone Him! My question still sands:

Why did they take up stones to stone him?

Now regarding psalm 110:1 I gave you this address:

https://www.randomgroovybiblefacts.com/davids-son-is-his-lord.html

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Nick
    Participant

You are the Christ, the son of the living God.

This statement was confirmed by Jesus to be from the Holy Spirit.

But folks prefer their own carnal understandings and want to make the Son his God,

Nick
    Participant

Naah Berean,

He was the same nature as you and I, an ordinary man, till God anointed him with the Holy Spirit, transforming his nature and empowering him for service.

Berean
    Participant

@ Carmel

THANK YOU CARMEL FOR THE LINK
    THIS LITTLE STUDY IS SOMETHING VERY PRECIOUS.

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Of course God was in the Messiah reconciling the world to Himself.

Thomas figured it out.

” My Lord

and

My God”

carmel
    Participant

Hi Desiretruth,

You: I discovered is nothing short of amazing; God loves me because HE created me and I don’t need a middleman to go to HIM. 

Me: With every respect to you, YOU DON’T KNOW WHY IT MUST BE NOT ONLY VITAL BOTH FOR GOD AND HIS CREATURES THAT A MIDDLE MAN IS REQUIRED ONCE GOD OPTED TO CREATE, OR MORE APPROPRIATE:

FOR GOD, WHO IS LOVE, CHARITABLE, AND RICH IN HIS VIRTUES,  HENCE, NOT TO BE ON HIS OWN IN HIS GLORY,

A MIDDLEMAN IS INDISPENSABLE!

WELL HINTED OUT IN

Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said:

It is not good for man to be alone:

let us make him a help like unto himself.

Reflect now God created man in his image and likeness!

God has no image at all as He is a spirit, thus first and foremost:

John1:1 IN THE BEGINNING WAS “THE WORD”……….

AND THE WORD WAS GOD.

From the above we are aware that God established HIS IMAGE AND LIKENESS, then He was in the position to create ALL IN HIS IMAGE AND LIKENESS!

MY QUESTION IS

WHO IS THE GENUINE IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD?

John 17:5 And now glorify thou me, O Father,

with thyself,

with the glory which I had, before the world was, with thee.

That will do for the time being!

before I leave,

HUMBLY SPEAKING, AND THANKS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, I SIMPLY TELL YOU THAT WITHOUT THE MIDDLEMAN GOD WAS NOT IN THE POSITION TO CREATE AT ALL IN ORDER TO ALLOW

THE IMPERFECT TO EXIST!

NOW GOD IS UNIQUE AND THE HIGHEST WHEN IT COMES TO PERFECTION, IN FACT, ALLERGIC TO THE LEAST OF THE LEAST IMPERFECTIONS EVEN BEFORE IT IS COMMITTED EVEN WITH THE LEAST INTENTION TO DO SO!

HENCE HE INSTANTLY SIMPLY ERADICATES IT.

NO JESUS NO GOD! 

NO GOD NO JESUS!

WAITING FOR ANYONE’S COMMENTS IN ORDER TO EXPAND

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

The divine origin of the Son of God, begotten of God in the days of eternity, IS ONE THING, and the manifestation of God the Father BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IN his incarnate Son IS ANOTHER.

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

A normal human being but an exceptionally pious one who never sinned.

Guided by the law and the prophets with the help of freely available grace and the discipline of his Father he was prepared for the Jordan.

heb 12

Nick
    Participant

But the focus of God in the Scriptures is on the real history – His work through the Spirit.

Man glories in the efforts of human vessels and they are relevant too, but as scripture states ;

FLESH CONTRIBUTES NOTHING.

We are less than ants in the whole picture.

The word was with God and was God speaks of spiritual things

The Word was made flesh and dwelled amongst us focuses on the Spirit, not the vessel.

Nick
    Participant

Hi,

Perhaps deliberately God has revealed truths in a confusing fashion so we have to look beyond the obvious to find it.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@searcher

Hi Nick,

You: But folks prefer their own carnal understandings and want to make the Son his God,

Me: Who said that the Son is his God???
    Read what I posted. Here it is again:
    Matthew 16:15-16
    “But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?”
    Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Nick
    Participant

Hi Danny,

Not speaking of you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick you said…….> He was the same nature as you and I, an ordinary man, till God anointed him with the Holy Spirit, transforming his nature and empowering him for service.

That is the way I see it also brother.

peace and love to you and yours Nick……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Among the words of God , as showing the divinity and majesty of Christ, is found in Isaiah. The prophet says:-

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims; each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of Him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.” Isaiah 6:1-5.

We should not know to whom this refers, if our Saviour Himself had not, in John 12:40, 41, quoted Isaiah’s words in👉 the tenth verse of this chapter👈,( Isaiah 6:10)and 👉applied them to Himself. 👈From these texts we have proof not only that the inspired writers call Jesus the Divine Son of God, but that Jesus Himself claimed to be God.
    👇
    Isaiah 6:10
    10] Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

👇
    John 12:40-41

[40] He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with [their] eyes, nor understand with [their] heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory(Isaiah 6:1-5), and👉 spake of him.👈

(him: Jesus)

John properly understood that Isaiah saw the glory of Jesus before His incarnation and that Jesus is Yahweh.

And Yahweh is the name of the Father and the Son

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,
    Add presumption to scripture and you can manipulate it to mean what you want.

Compare Rev 4 and the description of the throne of God.

There is one God and one Lord Jesus Christ and the rest of your ideas are from the speculations of men

Nick
    Participant

The NIV went one step further in presumption than you have.

The translators added the word JESUS in Jn 12.41. The word JESUS Is not found in any manuscripts there but it shows how far falsehoods have been inserted in the holy scriptures by deceived men.

Come out of her my people.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Have I got your name right as you seem to be quick to discard what is written in favour of the ideas of men?

Berean
    Participant

John 12

Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.

2 There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.

3 Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, which should betray him,

5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

9 Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus’ sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.

10 But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;

11 Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus.

12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,

15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass’s colt.

16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

17 The people therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of his grave, and raised him from the dead, bare record.

18 For this cause the people also met him, for that they heard that he had done this miracle.

19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

20 And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast:

21 The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.

22 Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?

35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

42 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:

43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and👉 spake of him. 👈

Viewing 20 posts - 24,641 through 24,660 (of 25,892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account