JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,621 through 24,640 (of 25,892 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

@nick

Hi Berean,
    “Divine son” makes this man his own God?

Did you not know that he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature?

Further, were you aware that the body we will have is like the glorious body that the Lord Jesus Christ has?

Finally, first comes the flesh then the spirit. There is a natural body and there is also a spiritual body. Did you know that?

Feel free to ask if you desire to know more.

Berean
    Participant

Peter speaks to us about being partakers of the divine nature. IN JESUS OUR LORD.

THE GLORIOUS BODY IS NOT A CONCERN, BUT A CHARACTER SHAPED IN THE IMAGE OF HIM WHO SHAPES IT SHOULD BE OUR SUPREME OBJECTIVE…
    AND IT IS HE (GOD) WHO WILL DO IT….

And the very God of peace sanctify you entirely; and your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

5:24 Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do [it].
    1THES.5:23,24

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

Hi desiretruth,

No contradiction at all.
    God simply has given us His Son to be our Savior!
    Do you want to disagree with Almighty God?

Nick
    Participant

Hi P C,

Indeed in Jesus Christ we can become partakers in the divine nature as out Lord Jesus is.because God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. When we are reborn from above of His Spirit we share in his life.

Of course you must be baptised in the name of the Son of God, Jesus Christ, not a nonexistent trinity.

Nick
    Participant

Hi PC,

Jesus shared in the divine nature just as we hope to

and just as we do not become God neither dd that make him God.

Nick
    Participant

Those reborn of the Spirit can produce the fruit of the Spirit and share the divine nature.

Gal 5.22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Danny,

How exactly can I be disagreeing with God when HE says HE is the savior??! Again, when did our unchanging God change and pass “saviorship” to the “son”? Have you read Jonah?

I noticed you avoided the question concerning the Messiah; is the Jewish Messiah different than the Christian Messiah or are they the same? Make sure you look it up the answer, it may surprise you.

Berean
    Participant

8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: you are of this world; I AM not of this world.

8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM [he], ye shall die in your sins.

8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I AM [he], and [that] I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Berean,

So we’re back to Jesus being God…false teaching!!

Did Jesus ever claim to be God, NOPE; what became the Catholics faith codified that in stone at the Counsel of Nicea and then almost 50 years later the “spirit” was added to the mix to create the “trinity” doctrine. History is your friend.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Can you not hear the voice of the Spirit in the Son of God?

then go back to seeking the rebirth from above.

Berean
    Participant

So we’re back to Jesus being God…false teaching!!

Me

No, Jesus in the biginning was with (the God) AND was God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

THis IS THE ELEMENTARY BIBLE TRUTH ROCK SOLIDD.

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Desiretuth,

You: Did Jesus ever claim to be God,

John 8:58 Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say to you,

before Abraham was made,

I am.

59They took up stones therefore to cast at him.

But Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.

DT, Why did they take up stones to stone him?

John10: 30I and the Father are one.

31The Jews then took up stones to stone him. 32Jesus answered them: Many good works I have shewed you from my Father; for which of these works do you stone me? 33The Jews answered him: For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy;

and because that thou, being a man,

maketh thyself God. 

Matthew 22:41 And the Pharisees being gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42Saying: What think you of Christ? whose son is he? They say to him: David’s. 43He saith to them: How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying:

44The Lord said to my Lord,

Sit on my right hand, until I make thy enemies thy footstool?

45If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? 

46And no man was able to answer him a word; neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

https://www.randomgroovybiblefacts.com/davids-son-is-his-lord.html

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Nick
    Participant

So the answer is no.

He worshipped and served his God and our God.’

Nick
    Participant

Surely Carmel, you would not join his ignorant accusers and want to stone him?

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

You: “Jesus simply was showing us how to stay focused on God, exactly as he did.”

Me: Unfortunately this isn’t what Christianity is about and is why the old side differs from the new side. The old side says God loves his creation and if you go to HIM, admit your sin, turn from your sin, God will remember it no more. The new side says you’re a sinful, pathetic human being (the play on emotions) and you need someone to stand before God on your behalf (does no one see the Catholicism in this?). Christianity basically says God loves you very much; but if you’re not interested, go to Hell…forever.

Tell me again how Christianity isn’t based in fear and force. Don’t believe in Jesus, you go to Hell – fear. Don’t believe what I believe, I will force you too, by pulling out my big, black, bible and beating you with it until you do. Did you notice how everyone “banned together” when I said Isa 53 isn’t about Jesus? Even with your differences, you all united together. Then proceeded to tell me how wrong I was, while never answering one question I asked or explaining why I was wrong. What does this say to you? It tells me Christianity is filled with lemmings.

I’ll ask again, if I can go to God directly, why do I need Jesus? Explain.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Carmel,

You: “DT, Why did they take up stones to stone him?”

Me: Please explain John 18:31 where the religious leaders say it wasn’t lawful for them to put anyone to death under Roman law. The leaders were going to stone Jesus in one place and in another they remember they can’t?!?! Something doesn’t make sense.

Then you quote the exchange concerning Ps 110; I would recommend you go study the words of that verse and get back to me. The first “LORD” is the proper name of God (יְהוָ֨ה) (YHVH); the second “Lord” (לַֽאדֹנִ֗י) (ladonai) is what you need to focus on. While the passage continues on and says they asked Jesus no more questions, one has to ponder for a moment and wonder how Jesus was able to stumped the leaders in their own language. Do you believe the speakers of Hebrew didn’t know what this Hebrew written verse in Psalms meant?

Learning is cool, have fun!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth……. I have ask you over and over, to explain “how was “Israel” “EVER”.  a suffering servant of God,  if you are claiming that, then it is incumbent  upon you to show us in what way they were suffering servants. I HAVE FOUND IT NO WHERE IN OUR SCRIPTURES.  You have never explained that to us,  so your “new” belief is just an “assumption” you’re making from reading other scripture verses in Isaiah .  Your assuming where it say “Jacob/ Israel , that means the “nation” of Israel,  that also is am assumption, you haven’t proven.

The “only” one that I know that fits that profile given in Isiah 53,  is Jesus Christ.  ,  but to assume I believe all the rest of what Christianity says about Jesus , is also false, because I don’t believe a lot of what they say about Jesus, as I have stated here over and over for,  10 or 15 years now.
    I think you may be throwing out the Baby with the wash,  just my opinion, but time will tell brother.

peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth………..gene

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Berean,

I said, “So we’re back to Jesus being God…false teaching!!”

You respond, “Me: No, Jesus in the beginning was with (the God) AND was God.”

Am I not understanding something here?!?!?

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

You: “how was “Israel” “EVER”. a suffering servant of God,”

Me: I have explained this to you a few times and posted links back to where I explained it. I have asked you who is speaking where in Is 52:13-53:12 and have offered my understanding of it. Yet, you keep going back to making Israel claiming to be the “suffering” servant and that IS NOT what is happening in these verses. I have said IT IS the nations speaking in verses 1-9 and it WAS because of THEIR oppression that causes the nation of Israel to suffer beyond what God intended. NOWHERE did I ever say the Jews claimed to be the “suffering” servant and “suffering servant” is nowhere in any part of scripture; God never used it to describe Israel anywhere, that term is man made.

I have also shown and explained where God calls Israel/Jacob HIS servant. You cannot accuse me of not explaining my position when you haven’t read my words. If you had read them, the questions would be related to what I wrote and NOT trying to change to another subject as you did.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Gene,

You: “Jesus simply was showing us how to stay focused on God, exactly as he did.”

Me: Unfortunately this isn’t what Christianity is about and is why the old side differs from the new side.

Me……l realized that,  a long time ago, and I could care less what “Christianity” thinks.  The truth is found in the summation of scriptures ,  but to some,  it’s become “here a little and there a little, that they might,  go forward and fall backward”

That’s what “cherry picking” can do to people, not grounded in the truth of our scriptures, and being lead by the Spirit of truth.  Desire Truth , you can not keep the Old Testament and throw out the New Testament .    And expect to come to the truth, it doesn’t work brother.

peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth……….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 24,621 through 24,640 (of 25,892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account