JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,601 through 24,620 (of 25,892 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

God is two or more PERSONS.?

My how far from Scripture you have wandered.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

“Divine son” makes this man his own God?

Berean
    Participant

Me

God is ONE PERSON AND HE IS THE FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST.

1Cor.8:6

But to us there is but one 👉God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him👈; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

🙏

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

And someone can be a DIVINE PERSON and not be a god?

Nick
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Where in Scripture is God defined as a PERSON?

Nick
    Participant

Flesh contributes nothing Berean.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Gene,

I could go on explaining myself until I am blue in the face; but, until you stop and listen, you will never hear. I could spend the next 20 minutes writing words; but, until you stop and look, you will never see. When you start verifying what you have been told is truth, then you will understand where I currently am.

You say it’s sad I have let the “blind Jews” trip me up; except, it wasn’t them who started me down my current path, it was this website. People’s responses caused me to begin a deeper study and what I discovered is nothing short of amazing; God loves me because HE created me and I don’t need a middleman to go to HIM. Just like the Ninevites in Jonah who repented of there wickedness and God forgave them, how are we any different?

If my focus has shifted from the man Jesus to our Heavenly Father, what exactly do I need to repent of?

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

A sinless man among us?

Repent and be baptised for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the Holy Spirit does not apply to him apparently.

Wow

Nick
    Participant

Bad luck DT,

Jesus only came for sinners.

Nick
    Participant

Hi DT,

“ No one can come to the Father except through me”

says Jesus Christ.

But you have found a “ come as you are party” in scripture.

Thar will be popular!

Berean
    Participant

Where in Scripture is God defined as a PERSON?

Hebrews1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of👉 his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

🙏

Nick
    Participant

What should you repent of DT?

If you agree with God that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God then it is just a case of admitting that and letting Him deal with it.

The problems common to men include idolatry of various kinds , lusts , deception, lies etc but the empty space in our hearts where He should be is generally filled with other matters.

Nick
    Participant

Fair enough.

1 witness.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth…….You said ….if your focus has changed from Jesus to God the Father,  then what do you have to repent of.

My answer to you is your focus should have been on God  the Father from the beginning,  Jesus simply was showing us how to stay focused on God, exactly as he did. I think I see your problem now you were allowing false religion to put Jesus ahead of the Father, as most all CHRISTANITY DOES.

I am glad you put God the Father first, that’s the way it should have been with you all along, and if Jesus was here he would tell you the same thing as I am telling you. Haven’t you ever read what he said to the man who ask him , what is the greatest commandment,  he said this…….“You shall love God with “ALL” of your heart, “All” of your mind, “All” of your might” , that he said was the greatest commandment.  Jesus was never about Jesus, he was “always” about God the Father,  and we who are connected to the Father by his Spirit are exactly the same way as Jesus is and was.  I am glad you have come to see that, that exactly what Jesus was saying and preaching all along brother. 

We are fellow believers in GOD “with Christmas Jesus” ,  Jesus does have a position among us , but he certainly does not replace God the Father to me that is, not now or ever has to me. “I bow my knee to Jesus to the “GLORY” OF GOD THE FATHER”, not because he is a God, but because God the Father has given him that athourity as a “captain” of our salvation,  but certainly not the sours of it. That Honor belongs to God the Father alone and no one else. 

Peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….You seem to have the same problem Desire Truth had, you think that the only way to God the Father is through Jesus, because he said , no one come to the Father except by me,  but because you don’t understand the Greek word “dia” as meaning through the channel or way I do it, you are mislead to thinking that by the man Jesus we can only get to God,  when Jesus said clearly this, ” no man “CAN” come unto me, except the Father draw him”.   So who is the one who starts your salvation is it Jesus or the one who draws you to him?   I believe it is God the Father, who draws us to Jesus,  how about you?   

Peace and love to you and yours Berean……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi DesireTruth,

First let me say I can understand how it is you have much to sort out after having been brought up in a church full of lies. You are certainly going to have many problems aligning the NT with the OT and as well the NT with itself if you can’t see many NT scriptures in a different light then what you were taught. There have been people over the years come and go on this forum where they concluded that the NT was not God’s word having particular difficulty with Paul, but their problem was they couldn’t come out of the darkness of false interpretations. One of the worst interpretations in my opinion on this forum is that of Berean’s and others regarding Philippians 2, what is a profound truth that is being given is butchered into a complete lie. Moving forward I have much to say regarding Paul’s books what he reveals is nothing short of amazing, I would not have the understanding that I have concerning mankind and Jesus therein and our relationship to our Heavenly Father, without his words given to us from God.

To reply to your last post to me,

It’s not just 1 Corinthians 15:4 though, it’s not only Paul. Maybe you didn’t catch it with the scriptures of John 2 I provided for you.  John recorded that the disciples believed the scripture and the word of Jesus, concerning that he said that he would rise in three days.

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
    20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the “scripture”, and the word which Jesus had said.

I’m sorry DesireTruth, but it is obvious to me that the “scripture” would of course be the account of Jonah in the fish 3 days and 3 nights as Jesus directly referred to that scripture when he spoke of himself being raised up in three days and then this indeed clearly supports that this was what Paul was referring to as well.

Yes, they asked for a sign but you seem to gloss over the specifics to how exactly Jesus answered, he didn’t say I have NO sign to give you, just a comparison of me to that of Jonah. Jesus specifically said, “none will be given EXCEPT the sign of the prophet Jonah“. What sign? As I mentioned before, Jonah wasn’t himself a sign of anything at his time. Jesus is speaking to Jonah being a sign unto himself.

There is more to this,

Matt 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Did Paul and the Disciples believe the scriptures, that through Jonah preaching God’s word the people repented and were saved? Did they believe that Jesus is greater than Jonah, and through believing God’s word that Jesus preached and repenting they would be saved too? Yes, they believed the scriptures of Jonah, which wouldn’t that help to build further their faith in God through Jesus Christ?  I would say yes again, they believed the scriptures of Jonah and they believed Jesus and both together amplified their faith in our Heavenly Father.

You talk about how with Jonah we see that God’s mercy extends to all of mankind and yet that is also true of God through Jesus Christ, whereby God chose him that through him all nations would be blessed, where he is a light to not just the Jews but the Gentiles as well.

You said, “in Paul’s message of redemption, he NEVER talks about going to God directly, it’s always thru Jesus. Even Jesus says the only way to the Father is thru him, yet, in the OT one is to go to God. What and when did it change?”

ME: I am pretty much out of time this morning so I will have to start with just a short reply, normally I give many scriptures and then speak to them connecting them all together.

I understand what you are saying but it doesn’t align with my belief from scripture so I would argue nothing has changed. My understanding of Jesus to your current view is not the same at all it would appear.

“the only way to the Father is thru him” what does that mean to you exactly?

Jesus spoke God’s words not his own, believing in what Jesus said is believing in our one true God the Father. Much of what Jesus preached about concerned himself and it was prophecy fulfilled as well as prophecy not yet fulfilled. Jesus taught us in what manner we should PRAY TO OUR FATHER, he most certainly teaches us to go to our Father directly. 

Jesus to me is my brother and my leader, my king. Jesus is to me the example of the power of God’s Spirit upon a human being. God can indeed cause righteousness in man, Jesus is our proof that where the Spirit of God is, there is righteousness and life and we believe in that life through the resurrected Jesus.

Romans 5:17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ. 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Jesus was called to righteousness as Isaiah had given prophecy. He was filled with the Spirit an anointing, the Spirit that is in all goodness, righteousness and truth. Jesus is a man whom God was mindful of and visited where he was born of the Spirit where that seed remained upon him and he could not fail in following all of God’s commands.

Our anointed Jesus was in all ways tempted as we are, he feared death like all men (which that fear is man’s carnal nature and that which can lead the human spirit to serve it’s weak mortal flesh over serving God, such is the enmity that God brought forth when Adam and Eve sinned).  Jesus, instead of serving his own flesh saving himself from the cross he through the Spirit of God in him overcame the enmity, he believed in the word of God and he was able to serve God over his weak mortal flesh even through a painful death. Jesus was raised in power, a new man, no longer having weak mortal flesh to tempt him to serve it over serving God, his spirit has been set free from that which has kept all of mankind in bondage. Jesus put it to death on the cross.

Paul teaches us that we are to desire righteousness like that of Jesus, that we are to have hope in receiving the Spirit of God as Jesus has received. He teaches that we are joint heirs with the anointed one, Sons of God too. God had promised before the world began eternal life, well, we are given that life is through His Spirit. From the beginning, the promise of eternal life was a promise of our Father’s Spirit. Jesus of Nazareth receiving God’s Spirit to be for a light, was also God’s word from the beginning.

As said, Jesus is our proof!  The only way to the Father is through believing in Jesus Christ and that which God accomplished in him He can accomplish in all of us. When the Son of Man returns in our Father’s glory he is God’s appointed king. We will receive the Spirit and our Father will lead us through our brother Jesus.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

Hi desiretruth,

You: God loves me because HE created me and I don’t need a middleman to go to HIM.

Me: 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

The Truth is the truth, even when you reject it.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@Danny,

That means there’s a contradiction between the OT and NT;  that means our unchanging God, changed; God calls himself savior in the OT, yet is unable to save in the NT. Have to wonder…

I’ll ask again, what is the difference between the Jewish Messiah and the Christian Messiah or are they the same? Before you blurt out your rehearsed answer, I would recommend looking at both sides first.

Nick
    Participant

Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and the Lord said to him in a

vision,

“ Ananias”

and he said to him,

” Here I am Lord”,

And the Lord said to him,

“Get up and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for a man named Saul, for he is praying and he has seen in a vision a man called Ananias come in and lay his hands on him, so that he might recover his sight,…. Acts 9.10

“No one can come to the Father except through me.”

Paul met Jesus in Ananias. He was a member of the Body of Christ.

How wonderful is the plan of God.

Anyone reborn into Christ can baptise others in his name into the same body.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Me

God is ONE PERSON AND HE IS THE FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST.

1Cor.8:6

But to us there is but one 👉God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him👈; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

🙏

Good post.

Viewing 20 posts - 24,601 through 24,620 (of 25,892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account