JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,181 through 24,200 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……scripture says (not me). …….> ISA 11:10…..”they shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters that cover the sea>verse11,   “And in that day there shall be a “ROOT OF JESSE,” which shall  stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.”

The apostle Paul uses this same verses to show Jesus was the “ROOT OF JESSE”.            Rom 15:12.

Carmel…..if you don’t understand that,  and that KING DAVID is also of the root of Jesse then you are ignorant of the truth shown in scriptures.  It is also plainly written that Jesus would come from the loins of king David too: need proof? Because I can give it to you anytime you want.

Jesus is of the, “ROOT AND , A OFFSPRING” OF KING DAVID ,exactly as I have said, no mystery about it.   I can show from scriptures clearly that what Jesus said of himself is true,  I don’t need to use the word “mystery”, to hid my ignorance of what scriptures plainly show us>,  Only false teachers like you do that.

peace and love to you and yours Carmel……….gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

Do you reject the Bible as the inspired word of God?
    If that’s the case, then don’t write to me anymore, Deceiver.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Danny,

Apparently you cannot answer the question and sounds like you are running away. The question is extremely important; if the source is from God, there can be zero debate over what is being said. Yet, what has been going on for the last 1700 years; arguing over what the “new testament” says, this doesn’t raise any alarms for you? Why does this simple question offend so much; is it because the truth within the question forces one to address the doctrine they hold tight to.

Then resort to name calling – shame on you; it is a fine example of the church today. If you don’t agree with the churches beliefs, you are of Satan and they WILL tell you that. What people need to do is start looking into what is peddled as truth, start questioning the truth of their religion, and verifying what they are told; instead of being good little sheep obeying every command of the “pastor.” Don’t believe me, next time in “church” see what happens when he says “everyone stand”, “everyone sit”, “let’s bow our heads…”, “greet your neighbor”, “turn to the person next to you”; like lemmings, every command he speaks, people do.

The “church” needs to wake up to the deceit within its ranks instead of punching the “I believe” button and hanging on every word coming the mouth of the religious leader who’s peddling a doctrine they were taught in the world of academia when they where in their impressionable years of 18-22, who’s main goal was to pass a class with a good grade, a grade that was based on how well they answered questions on a test, questions formulated by the one teaching what the student was to “learn”, and any response that didn’t align with the answer the instructor claim was correct, was wrong. This isn’t learning, this is indoctrination. With this kind of learning structure, there is no motivation to learn or question what is being taught, especially when the “grade” will determine whether one will pass or fail.

Berean
    Participant

@ desire Truth

K J B John 6:40
    And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. 

Do you believe that…
    If not, what do you believe?

🙏

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Berean,

Have you found where it states in the old testament the Messiah was to die for our sins? As Paul states this is “according to scripture.” Still haven’t found it…

Which brings me to another question, when did God ever require a human sacrifice? The pagans did this…oh wait Jesus did this of his own accord, but it’s still a human sacrifice no matter how you look at it. Is there anything written in scripture that states the innocent can/will take on the guilt of another? What is written is the guilty are responsible for their guilt.

With everyone saying the new testament is the “inspired word of God” and arguing over every point it makes, have to wonder if that statement is true. All this arguing means God created confusion. When old testament scripture is taken out of context to prove one’s beliefs, this is called a lie. When tenses are intentionally changed, it changes the context of what was written and is a lie. The church will push doctrine over scripture or twist scripture to prove their doctrine. Lies are just as prevalent inside the “church” as they are outside.We complain about how the world is “indoctrinating” our children, how is the “church” any different when it “indoctrinates” the people into its religious beliefs?

You ask a very important question when you ask what I believe. Do I believe what man teaches or what God told us. Do I blindly accept man’s doctrines or what God said. Until those three questions in the first two paragraph are answered, what is anyone suppose to believe? Why my user name? I am tired of the lies and I “desire the TRUTH”!

Are you digging and growing or being spoon feed and dying?

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Carmel……scripture says (not me). …….> ISA 11:10…..”they shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters that cover the sea>verse11,   “And in that day there shall be a “ROOT OF JESSE,” which shall  stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.”

The apostle Paul uses this same verses to show Jesus was the “ROOT OF JESSE”.            Rom 15:12.

Me: Gene,

YOU NEVER PRODUCED THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE AT ALL TO BEREAN! 

Just read again your own words:

You: Berean……DO YOU BELIEVE Jesus said …….

“I am, the root and “OFFSPRING” OF DAVID?  

Now the above is  ALSO SCRIPTURE, and it is also

WHAT JESUS SAID! Read:

Rev. 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.

I am the root and the offspring of David,…

WHY DIDN’T YOU PRODUCE ALL THAT YOU PRODUCED NOW  TO BEREAN

IN THE FIRST PLACE? 

MY ANSWER IS ALWAYS RELATED AND WITH RESPECT TO YOUR QUESTION! NO?

NOW CARRY ON READING YOUR OWN WORDS TO BEREAN PLEASE!

You: please explain how Jesus could be the

“offspring” of David,

and still preexist his birth on the earth.  Show proof, not your

“MORPHED “. mystery religion BS.

Me: AS YOU CAN WELL READ, YOU YOURSELF WAS NOT CONSISTENT IN YOUR QUESTION FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT FOR A REASON ONLY YOU KNOW, YOU LEFT OUT THE WORD:

ROOT! 

FROM THE SCRIPTURE  YOU YOURSELF MENTIONED TO BEREAN, AND ONLY MENTIONED THE WORD “OFFSPRING”

NOW READ AGAIN WHAT I ASKED YOU, 

Me: Presumably Gene, you believe that Jesus is

BOTH THE ROOT and THE OFFSPRING OF DAVID! No?

NOW Gene,

THIS TIME I AM GOING TO ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION REGARDING

A PURE SCRIPTURE AND ALSO

THE GENUINE WORDS OF JESUS IN REVELATION 22:16 ABOVE!

Do you believe Gene, that Jesus is

BOTH THE ROOT and THE OFFSPRING OF DAVID?

yes or no, please!

ANSWER Gene so we can get on to the rest of the truth!

IF YOU DON’T ANSWER Gene,

IT WOULD BE ANOTHER CONFIRMATION THAT 

YOU ARE NOT AN HONEST PERSON AT ALL, AND 

AFTER ALL,  IT IS ALSO

NOT AS YOU SAID, I MEAN TO BEREAN HEREUNDER:

You: Show proof, not your

“MORPHED “. mystery religion BS.

BUT AS I SAID!  I MEAN THAT

IT IS MORE THAN A MYSTERY TO YOU,

OTHERWISE, YOU WOULDN’T HAVE LEFT OUT THE WORD “ROOT” IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I am waiting!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

@desiretruth

If I understood correctly, you do not believe that Jesus is the MESSIAH..

you had a one
    certain knowledge that needed to be purified and strengthened, but now you doubt the ONE WHO WAS MADE SIN FOR YOU SO THAT YOU WILL BECOME GOD’S RIGHTEOUSNESS IN JESUS CHRIST.

BUT YOU DESIRE THE TRUTH AND ME IN BEREAN, I SEARCH, I LISTEN AND I TRY TO VERIFY IF WHAT I’M TOLD IS TRUE.

Now you raise a 👉capital point 👈
    HOW the innocent can/will take on the guilt of another?
    THAT’S A VERY GOOD QUESTION .
    Now let me ask you another QUESTION….

WHY ALL THESE “INNOCENT” ANIMALS SLAUGHTERED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT?

WHAT GOD INTENDED TO TEACH ISRAEL AND THE WORLD ULTIMATELY WITH THIS REQUEST TO PERFORM SACRIFICES OF INNOCENT ANIMALS???????

BUT WORSE, GOD ASKED ABRAHAM TO OFFER HIM SON IN HOLOCAUST!?

To my knowledge, this is A UNIQUE CASE IN THE BIBLE.

IS THERE NOT A RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST?

ISAAC COULDN’T BE IMMOLATED, HIS SpillED BLOOD WOULD HAVE BEEN USED FOR NOTHING.

A RAM HAS BEEN “PROVIDED” INSTEAD OF MAN 👉 ISAAC

SUGGESTION

TRY TO PUT YOUR NAME IN THE PLACE OF ISAAC’S, (imagine that Abraham is your father) AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITHIN YOU….

GENESIS 22
    And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
    [2] And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
    [3] And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
    [4] Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
    [5] And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you,
    [6] And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
    [7] And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
    [8] And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
    [9] And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
    [10] And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
    [11] And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
    [12] And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing👉 thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.👈

👇

[13] And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering 👉in the stead of his son . 👈

WHAT DOES RAM “caught in a thicket” REPRESENT TO YOU?

WHO WILL BE “IMMOLATED

IN PLACE OF ISAAC….???

🙏

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Berean,

You’re avoiding the questions by deflecting to Abraham, using his scenario, and relating it to Jesus. This is what the church has been telling people as long as I can remember. The only place this is referenced in the new testament is in Hebrews – a book whose author is unknown, reads similar to a homily, and is highly contentious among older scholars whether it should be in the new testament or not – and it states it was a test of obedience. But with the wording at the end of the verse “his one and only son” and boom we have the correlation between Abraham sacrificing Isaac and God sacrificing Jesus. The issue with this is Isaac wasn’t “willingly giving himself up”, so the two don’t align.

Abraham’s situation is vastly different, human sacrifice was common in his day and was detestable to God because it was murder. God tested Abraham to see if he would be obedient, that was it. You bring up “innocents” of animals being used for sacrifices (are you PETA), but we can go back to the beginnings of Genesis to Cain and Able to see which sacrifice was acceptable to God. The practice of animal sacrifice was normal from creation. You will have to ask God why he chose animals to be sacrifices, scripture never explains the why. We do know with the destruction of the second temple sacrifices was to stop and was foretold by Daniel.

Now we must focus like a laser beam on the primary question asked:

Where in the old testament does it state the Messiah was to die for man’s sins?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….Scripture shows clearly , as I have posted, that Jesus is of the “ROOT’  ( of Jesse the same as David),  AND IS A “OFFSPRING” of  DAVID.   When Jesus said, “I am the root and the offspring of DAVID”,  he was telling the truth.

Carmel you can try to twist and turn the scriptures you want in your “mystery” form of religion you practice,  but scripture shows clearly what I have written is true. 

peace and love to you and yours……….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….Do you actually believe that Jesus’ dying on the tree, i. e. Cross,  actually forgives everyone of their sins?  No you must “repent” first , then be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins, and then you will receive the gift of the “Holy Spirit” ,  that begins a work of salvation “IN” you. You are saved by “grace” and that not of ourselves it is a “Gift” from GOD.  

WE MUST “EAT” THE FLESH,  AND “DRINK” THE BLOOD OF JESUS.  That means we must take to ourselves the way Jesus lived  and become exactly the same as Jesus is in our relation with God the Father. Jesus demonstrated to us what is required to have a right relationship with God the Father.  That is a relationship of faith even to the point of death,  exactly like Jesus had, we need to also have.
    Jesus’, death was to demonstrate what is required to have a right relationship with God the Father,  it is in that “SENSE”, Jesus died for the sins of the world,  he showed us all “the Way”, to have a right relationship with God the Father.

The idea that Jesus’ death pays for everyone sins is a false teaching,  IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours Berean………..gene

Berean
    Participant

@ desire Truth

You seem to completely trivialize the subject of sacrifices, holocaust in the Old Testament, which God had instituted for a very specific reason, it’s quite incredible….You’re pulling the rug out from under your feet, because it is precisely with this that we can make the link with Christ WHO IS THE TRUE LAMB OF GOD ANNOUNCED BY BIBLICAL PROPHECY.
    JOHN LE BAPTISTE IS QUITE ELOQUANT ON THIS.
    OF COURSE ISAIAH BEFORE HIM.

Isaiah 53
    [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
    [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
    [6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid 👉on him the iniquity of us all.👈
    [7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought👉 as a lamb👈 to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
    [8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.   

….

[10] Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief:

👉when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,👈

he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    [11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant👉 justify many; 

for 👉he shall bear their iniquities. 

Sée Peter👇

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree,

that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:

by whose stripes ye were healed.( 1 Peter 2:24)

Is.53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him;

👉and with his stripes we are healed.👈

Daniel 9

24] Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,👉 to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, 👈 and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness,👈 and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
    [25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem 👉unto the Messiah the Prince 👈shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
    [26] 👉And after threescore and two weeks 👉shall Messiah be cut off, 👈

👉but not for himself: 👈

and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
    [27] And 👉he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:👈 and 👉in the midst of the week he(Message) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,👈 and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

👉in the midst of the week he(Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,👈 (year 31 AD)👈

🙏

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@desiretruth

Shame on YOU for rejecting Isaiah 53 as a messianic prophecy.

Berean
    Participant

@ Gene

The idea that Jesus’ death pays for everyone sins is a false teaching,

Me

WRONG

👉But he was wounded for our transgressions,👈

he was bruised for our iniquities:

👉the chastisement of our peace was upon him;👈

and with his stripes we are healed.( Isaiah 53:5)

Berean
    Participant

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree,
    that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:

by whose stripes ye were healed.( 1 Peter 2:24)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….Do you actually believe that Jesus’ dying on the tree, i. e. Cross,  actually forgives everyone of their sins?  No you must “repent” first , then be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins, and then you will receive the gift of the “Holy Spirit” ,  that begins a work of salvation “IN” you. You are saved by “grace” and that not of ourselves it is a “Gift” from GOD.  

WE MUST “EAT” THE FLESH,  AND “DRINK” THE BLOOD OF JESUS.  That means we must take to ourselves the way Jesus lived  and become exactly the same as Jesus is in our relation with God the Father. Jesus demonstrated to us what is required to have a right relationship with God the Father.  That is a relationship of faith even to the point of death,  exactly like Jesus had, we need to also have.
    Jesus’, death was to demonstrate what is required to have a right relationship with God the Father,  it is in that “SENSE”, Jesus died for the sins of the world,  he showed us all “the Way”, to have a right relationship with God the Father.

The idea that Jesus’ death pays for everyone sins is a false teaching,  IMO.

Jesus bore the sins of the world, must be understood in this “SENSE”,   Jesus was unjustly punished for things he never committed, by the world powers that then existed.  So it is in “THAT SENSE” he bore (or endured), the sins of the world,  not because he died for “your” OR MY sins.  ” Every man shall give an account for his ” OWN” SINS, that he has committed in the flesh, and if he doesn’t repent of them he will die > the death.
    Jesus showed us how to escape death, by doing “EXACTLY” what he did, by keeping all f God the Fathers “commandments”,  through the “spirit of God that abided in him and in us , it’s exactly the same way Jesus did it, through the Spirit of the LIVING God dwelling in him. The exact same thing applies to us, we must “REPENT” AND RECEIVE THE “SPIRIT” OF God,  which is the “SEED” OF THE FATHER, IT MUST BE ABIDING “IN” US, then we are the begotten  Sons of the Living God.  Once we are “BORN” OF IT, AT OUR RESURRECTION, WE AS JESUS, can “SAY’,  I was dead and am ALIVE FOR EVER.  WE MUST DO EXACTLY AS JESUS DID, TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE.  JESUS SHOWS US THE “WAY” TO HAVE A RIGHT “RELATIONSHIP” WITH THE FATHER , and it is “EXACTLY’ the same as his is>

This whole idea that Jesus paid for all our sins is just  another false teaching, brought on by Satan and his ministers in the “APOSTATE” CHURCHES.

peace and love to you and yours ……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Jesus bore the sins of the world, must be understood in this “SENSE”,   Jesus was unjustly punished for things he never committed, by the world powers that then existed.  So it is in “THAT SENSE” he bore (or endured), the sins of the world,  not because he died for “your” OR MY sins.  ”

Me

No, no AND no

You are wrong.

The bible Say in 1Cor.15:
    [3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that

👉Christ died for our sins👈 according to the scriptures;

Berean
    Participant

IT IS BECAUSE Christ died for our sins👉and the Spirit working our hearts,and convicts us of sin,👉 THAT WE CAN REPENT,👈 RECEIVE FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS, AND RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

IT IS GOD FIRST WHO TAKEN THE INITIATIVE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST TO BRING US BACK TO HIM, AND IT IS THIS LOVE THAT MUST TOUCH OUR AND PUSH US TO REPENTANCE.

PAUL SAYS THAT

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that 👉the goodness of God leads thee to repentance?👈 

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Carmel When Jesus said,

“I am the root and the offspring of DAVID”,

he was telling the truth.

Rev. 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.

I am the root and the offspring of David,…

Gene, If you pretend that you are an honest person: Answer:

Do you believe that Jesus is

yes or no, please!

ANSWER Gene so we can get on to the rest of the truth

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Berean…….Do you actually believe that Jesus’ dying on the tree, i. e. Cross,  actually forgives everyone of their sins?

No you must “repent” first , then be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins,

and then you will receive the gift of the “Holy Spirit” ,

that begins a work of salvation “IN” you. You are saved by “grace” and that not of ourselves it is a “Gift” from GOD.  

Me: Gene,  FROM THE ABOVE IT IS EVIDENTLY CLEAR THAT YOU

CANOT DISTINGUISH THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN

REDEMPTION AND SALVATION!

Answer Gene,

WHAT IS REDEMPTION FOR?

WHAT IS SALVATION REFERRING TO?

JUST TO HELP YOU OUT AS A CHRISTIAN IN

CHRIST!

AND FOR THE SAKE OF TRUTH IN

JESUS!

WHICH DEFINITELY IS NOT IN YOU IN FULL!

READ NOW WHAT YOU YOURSELF ABOVE DECLARED!

You: No you must “repent” first , then be

baptized for the forgiveness of your sins,

and then you will receive the gift of the

“Holy Spirit”

SCRIPTURE:

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you in the water unto penance, but he that shall come after me, is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear;

he shall baptize you in the Holy Ghost and fire

Acts 2:37 Now when they had heard these things, they had compunction in their heart, and said to Peter, and to the rest of the apostles: What shall we do, men and brethren? 38But Peter said to them:

Do penance, and be baptized every one of you in

the name of Jesus Christ,

for the remission of your sins:

and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:43 To him all the prophets give testimony,

that by his name all receive REMISSIONS OF SINS,

who believe in him.

44 While Peter was yet speaking these words,

the Holy Ghost fell on all them that heard the word.

Gene, EXPLAIN, HOW IN THE ABOVE  THE HOLY GHOST  FELL ON CORNELIUS BEFORE HE WAS BAPTIZED!

45 And the faithful of the circumcision, who came with Peter,

were astonished, for that the grace of the Holy Ghost was poured out upon the Gentiles also.

46For they heard them speaking with tongues, and magnifying God. 

47Then Peter answered:

Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized,

who have received the Holy Ghost, as well as we? 

48And he commanded them to be baptized in

the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then they desired him to tarry with them some days.

NOW READ YOUR OWN WORDS:

No you must “repent” first ,

then be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins,

and then you will receive the gift of the “Holy Spirit” ,

NOW ANSWER PLEASE:

WHY THEN PETER STILL HAD TO BAPTIZE THEM IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST? 

THEY HAD ALREADY RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST.

More scripture:

Acts 19:4 Then Paul said: John baptized the people with the baptism of penance, saying: That they should believe in him who was to come after him, that is to say, in Jesus.

5Having heard these things,

they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6And when Paul had imposed his hands on them, the Holy Ghost came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. 7And all the men were about twelve.

1John 4:10 In this is charity: not as though we had loved God,

but because he hath first loved us,

and sent his Son to be a propitiation for our sins.

Romans 5:6 For why did Christ, when as yet we were weak, according to the time,

die for the ungodly?

7For scarce for a just man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man some one would dare to die.

8But God commendeth his charity towards us; because when as yet we were sinners, according to the time,

9Christ died for us;

much more therefore, being now justified by his blood,

shall we be SAVED from wrath through HIM.

10For if, when we were enemies,

we were reconciled to God by the death OF HIS SON;

much more, being reconciled,

shall we be saved by his life.

11And not only so; but also we glory in God, through

our Lord Jesus Christ,

by whom we have now received reconciliation.

NO JESUS NO GOD NO GOD NO JESUS!

Ephesians 2:1 And you, when you were dead in your offences, and sins, 2Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of this air, of the spirit that now worketh on the children of unbelief: 3In which also we all conversed in time past, in the desires of our flesh, fulfilling the will of the flesh and of our thoughts,

and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest:

4But God, (who is rich in mercy,) for his exceeding charity wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins,

hath quickened us together in Christ,

(by whose grace you are saved,)

Gene I HOPE YOU RESPECT YOUR OWN WORDS AND

PUT TOGETHER 

SCRIPTURES!

Just to keep you in mind:

AS AN HONEST MAN, YOU STILL HAVE TO ANSWER, HEREUNDER

Do you believe that Jesus is

yes or no, please!

ANSWER Gene so we can get on to the rest of the truth

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Danny,

You: Shame on YOU for rejecting Isaiah 53 as a messianic prophecy.

Me: You’re kidding right!??!? I just about spit my drink all over my screen laughing! I will point you to Page 1207 Post #943444 and read the brief explanation of why I can’t accept Isa 53 as speaking of Jesus. Then I would challenge you to verify it for yourself. Don’t just look at chapter 53, start in Isa 41 where it begins talking about the “servant” and tell me who this “servant” is in Isa 53. Don’t use you beloved KJ, go to Chabad.org and read the Hebrew translated into English.

Viewing 20 posts - 24,181 through 24,200 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account