JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 24,001 through 24,020 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

You: For me Jesus is not just a man. HE IS THE  DIVINE   SON OF GOD
    WHO HAS CLOTHED OUR HUMANITY IN ORDER TO SAVE US FROM SIN.

Me: WELL SAID Berean!

WITH LIGHT FROM THE HOLY SPIRIT, allow me to elaborate even more:

JESUS WAS BORN BOTH THE SON OF GOD and THE SON OF MAN!

BORN AS THE SON OF GOD OF MARY WITH A LUMINOUS SPIRIT BODY

JESUS’ SOUL OF THE HOLY GHOST, AND ANTICIPATED HIS MANIFESTATION ON MOUNT TABOR,

Isaiah 42:1BEHOLD my servant, I will uphold him: my elect,

my soul delights in him:

I have given my spirit upon him,

THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD!

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world;…. 

BORN AS THE SON OF MAN BY THE FATHER’S OWN WORDS:

“THE WORD” MADE FLESH!

Hebrews 10:5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith: Sacrifice and oblation thou wouldest not:

but a body thou hast fitted to me:

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said: God will provide himself a victim for an holocaust, MY SON…

JESUS  PREFIGURED IN ISAAC!

Now hereunder is a scripture that JESUS HIMSELF emphatically declares

THAT HE IS BOTH THE SON OF GOD and THE SON OF MAN 

John 5:25 Amen, amen I say unto you, that the hour cometh,

and NOW IS, when the dead shall hear the voice of

THE SON OF GOD,

and they that hear shall live. 26For as the Father hath life in himself, so he hath given the Son also to have life in himself: 27And he hath given him power to do judgment, because he is

THE SON OF MAN. 

NOT ONLY THAT BUT

JESUS  CAME INTO THIS WORLD  EMBODIED WITH

THE ENTIRE CREATION, MALE AND FEMALE, ANDROGYNOUS!

AS MUCH AS ADAM WAS ON HIS CREATION!

BOTH GOOD AND EVIL BUT DISTINCT IN HIM.  

BOTH  WITH ALL THE HEAVENLY BEINGS ALL GODLY  SPIRITUALLY IN HIM,

THE SON OF GOD, OF MARY!

AND WITH ALL THE EARTHLY BEINGS ALL SATANIC CARNALLY IN FLESH AND BLOOD IN HIM

THE SON OF MAN, CLOTHED BY THE FATHER’S WORD!

AS MUCH AS ADAM, PREFIGURES THE SON OF GOD, AND EVE, PREFIGURES THE SON OF MAN, MALE, AND FEMALE, THE ENTIRE CREATION IN FLESH AND BLOOD WAS ALSO CLOTHED BY THE FATHER!

Genesis 3:21And the Lord God made for Adam and his wife,

garments of SKINS, and clothed them.

NOW, JESUS LEFT THIS WORLD GLORIFIED AND EMBODIED IN ONE SUBSTANCE WITH

THE NEW CREATION ALL IN HIM!

BOTH HEAVENLY AND EARTHLY BEINGS

UNIFIED AND PERFECT IN HIM. 

JESUS GOD AND FATHER OF THE NEW CREATION. Isaiah 9:6

GOD, SPIRITUAL and FATHER PHYSICAL OF THE HUMAN RACE!

John17:1 THESE things Jesus spoke, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said: Father, the hour is come,

glorify thy Son, that thy Son may glorify thee. 

GLORIFY YOUR SON, SPIRITUALLY and YOUR SON GLORIFIES YOU PHYSICALLY!

GODMAN John13:31,32

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh,

that he may give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him. 

John 20:17……. But go to my brethren, and say to them:

I ascend to my Father and to your Father,

I ASCEND TO THE GLORY OF MY FATHER, SPIRIT, AND YOUR FATHER FLESH

to my God and your God. 

TO MY GOD, SPIRIT, AND YOUR GOD, FLESH!

John17:10 And all my things are thine, and thine are mine;

and I am glorified in them.

I AM GLORIFIED IN THEM, BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH!

THE DUALITY OF JESUS, MALE AND FEMALE AS

ONE SUBSTANCE!

GODMAN!

Colossians 1:19  Because IN HIM,

it hath well pleased the Father,

that ALL FULLNESS should dwell;

20And through him to reconcile all things unto himself, making peace through the blood of his cross,

both as to the things that are on earth, and the things that are in heaven.

GODMAN!

FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER ON THE LAST DAY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST,

WHEN GOD WOULD BE ALL IN ALL

EMBODIED IN

JESUS CHRIST.

JESUS THE SON OF MAN/SON OF GOD AS A HUMAN PREEXISTED IN ONE GLORY WITH THE FATHER AS THE EMBODIMENT OF GOD!

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

Isaiah 46:10Who show from the beginning the things that shall be at last,

and from ancient times the things that as yet are not done, saying:

My counsel shall stand, and all my will shall be done:

John17:5: And now glorify thou me,

O Father, with thyself,

with the glory which I had,

before the world was, with thee.

Colossians 2:2 That their hearts may be comforted,

being instructed in charity, and unto all riches of fulness of understanding,

unto the knowledge of the mystery of God the Father and of Christ Jesus:

3In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi…..PERFECT,  Hold fast what you have,  more shall be given you, remember the words of Jesus……“to him that have, more shall be given him, but to him that has not, even what he has shall be taken away”.

God has sent us a helper in, Desire Truth,  he has the “spirit of the truth ” abiding in him and Remember  a “three fold cord is hard to break”, we  are bearing witness to the truth, and that truth will stand, even unto , “the day of our lord Jesus Christ”, When he comes in the name of our Father and his Father, our God and his God.

Time is short, we are in the final hour, to work in the vineyard,  it is the sixth hour.

peace and love to you and your Jodi……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Christ Jesus is certainly not an “ordinary man”, a man, but in NO WAY ordinary.

Jesus left the river Jordan having been filled with the Spirit NOT BY MEASURE. We are told that the fruits of the Spirit are in all goodness righteousness and truth. 

Berean, what exactly is the image of God to you that His created is also able to be?

What does it mean to you that Jesus was raised from the dead where his body had not been allowed to see decay but was brought back to life where he received the PROMISED Spirit?

What is the glory of the Father that the Son of Man has that we will see when he returns?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Thank you brother! Yes so many signs we are indeed in the final hour and it is refreshing and a blessing to have Desire Truth here with us!

Jodi
    Participant

Berean PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW VERSE 5 FITS WITH YOUR DOCTRINE?

Phil 2:5 Let this mind BE IN YOU, WHICH WAS ALSO IN Christ JesusWho, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

That would be much appreciated.

Berean
    Participant

Hi Jodi

This has been explained biblicaly many times on the Heavennet.net forum but it doesn’t seem to match your point of view….😕

maybe to follow…

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You, we  are bearing witness to the truth, and that truth will stand, even unto , “the day of our lord Jesus Christ”,

When he comes in the name of our Father and his Father, our God and his God.

Me Gene, I’m afraid with the above lie YOU DON’T KNOW WHERE TRUTH STANDS!

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in

the glory of his Father with his angels:

and then will he render to every man according to his works.

Matthew 25:31 And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty,

and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty.

32And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN TO  ABANDON YOUR CORRUPTED BIBLE AND PRODUCE

GENUINE SCRIPTURE

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU:

in verse 9 Paul makes it very clear that

“in him(Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead (divinity or deity) bodily.”

So IN CHRIST THERE IS:

“all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge”

BECAUSE

“In him(Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead (divinity or deity) bodily.”

CHRIST IS NOT AN ORDINARY MAN.

IN THE BEGINNING HE WAS GOD (John 1:1) AND HE WAS MADE FLESH (v.14)

That is the real truth.

ME: I have said it before, it continues to amaze me just how much of scripture you refuse to apply. 

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of WISDOM and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of KNOWLEDGE and of the fear of the LORD;

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath ANOINTED me TO PREACH good tidings unto the meek; he hath SENT ME to bind up the brokenhearted, TO PROCLAIM liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 TO PROCLAIM the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

THE TRUTH IS, The son of David, Jesus of Nazareth was FILLED with the Spirit WITHOUT MEASURE given the Spirit of WISDOM and Understanding, the Spirit of Council and KNOWLEDGE an ANOINTING for the purpose to be sent out into the world to PREACH God’s word. 

God had promised that He would raise up a prophet like unto Moses from among his brethren and He would put HIS WORDS into his mouth and those who believed would be saved. Not just Israel, but also the Gentiles would be saved, such is the mystery that Paul preached.

Col 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

8-9 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Luke 4:1 And Jesus BEING FULL of the Holy Spirit returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Eph 9:5 For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness righteousness and truth. 

Berean, Yes,IN CHRIST THERE IS: ‘all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge‘”, because the Spirit of God WITHOUT MEASURE came to DWELL in Jesus where he was FULL OF Wisdom and Knowledge ANOINTED for the purpose to preach God’s word of TRUTH.

Moreover, this was all God’s WORD, declared even before the world began, MADE TRUE IN THE FLESH of  Jesus. As Jesus was anointed and sent out the people beheld his glory, the glory of one FILLED with grace and TRUTH, the one of Isaiah 42 who would be CALLED TO RIGHTEOUSNESS for to be a light, a GLORY that God had promised to no other. 

Jesus was the ONLY mortal man to have been born of God, born of the Spirit without measure, filled with the Spirit of Wisdom and Knowledge, filled with the word of God the word of truth, such made him God’s only begotten Son that the people were a witness of beholding his glory. 

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    [6] Who, being in the form of God,( before incarnation)
    👉 And the word was GOD(theos)….
    THE WORD (OF GOD) IS AN OTHER NAME FOR JESUS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON GOD (See Rev.19:13)

thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    [7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and👉 WAS MADE IN THE LIKENESS OF MEN 👈

👉AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH👈(John 1:14)

[8] AND

👉 being found in fashion as a man,👈

he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

AMEN

carmel
    Participant

HI Jodi,

Jesus left the river Jordan

having been filled with the Spirit NOT BY MEASURE.

Me: NO Jodi, this is only your speculation!

Scripture NEVER SAYS THAT JESUS RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT AT THE RIVER JORDAN!

Let’s read:

32And John gave testimony, saying:

I saw the Spirit coming down,

as a dove from heaven, and

he remained upon him.

The visible descent of the Spirit from heaven to alight on Jesus was meant

to be a sign that showed he was the Messiah. As John the Baptist said, as he bore witness to Jesus’ identity, CONFIRMED HEREUNDER:

33And I knew him not; but he who sent me to baptize with water, said to me:

He upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining upon him,

he it is that baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34And I saw, and I gave testimony, that this is the Son of God.

The visible descent of the Spirit, along with the voice from heaven, also provided confirmation to Jesus of his own identity as the Messiah. Well clear in

John 5:36 But I have a greater testimony than that of John:

for the works which the Father hath given me to perfect; the works themselves, which I do, give testimony of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himself who hath sent me,

hath given testimony of me:

AT THE RIVER JORDAN

neither have you heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 

Now read again hereunder please!

Luke 2:48 And seeing him, they wondered. And his mother said to him: Son, why hast thou done so to us? behold thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49And he said to them: How is it that you sought me?

did you not know, 

that I must be about my FATHER’S business? 

JESUS A MERE CHILD OF TWELVE,  SIMPLY TOLD YOU AT LEAST BY THIS EVENT,

THAT GOD WAS HIS FATHER.

Jesus anticipated His Father at the river Jordan!

Now read the last verse:

52And Jesus advanced in wisdom, and age,

and grace with God and men.

Did Jesus achieve the above task without the spirit and

ALL BY HIMSELF?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

You did not answer my question at all, I thought my highlight in red specified enough but apparently it did not so let me rephrase and point something out to you.

The CONTEXT, Paul is telling people to be like minded with the anointed Jesus and then he gives us the thoughts of Jesus to which is Paul’s example of that which they needed to be like minded to. BASIC COMPREHENSION TO ONE VERSE. 

Phil 2:5 Let this mind BE IN YOU, WHICH WAS ALSO IN Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

I wanted you to explain “let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ” as to how that fits with your belief of what is then said afterward. I know how you interpret what comes after but it does not at all fit with what comes first and I am interested in how you would at least attempt to explain it. 

Let me tell you the truth,

MORE CONTEXT,

Phil 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.5 Let this mind BE IN YOU, WHICH WAS ALSO IN Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Paul is speaking to people who received the Spirit in measure, people who received different gifts of the Spirit to which the anointed Jesus had received all of them. They were in a form of God having a gift of His Spirit and they needed to be like minded with the anointed Jesus.  Just imagine that you have the ability all of a sudden to heal/cure people, that is powerful, where there could be temptation to seek your own glory. They needed to be servants of God, they needed to be humble, like minded with the anointed Jesus. As the anointed Jesus was sent out into the world to do God’s works and speak God’s word, they had been sent out into the world to do the same (John 17:18). As the anointed Jesus was not of this world, they were not of this world (John 17:16). As he was for a light, they were for a light (Phil 2:15). As he was persecuted unto death for being God’s faithful servant they were under the same threat and they needed to be like minded with the anointed Jesus of Nazareth willing to give their lives like he did working to save others through the teaching of the Gospel in love, having faith in God and faith in the resurrection, faith that Jesus became a firstborn of what would be many brethren. 

Berean
    Participant

Hi Jodi

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

I understand what you are expressing, but Paul is even more precise in verse 5,6,7 to express the SPIRIT OF SELF-SAILING OF THE SON OF GOD…
    PAUL DESIRES THAT THE COLOSSIANS FOLLOW CHRIST’S EXAMPLE OF SELF-SAILING, THAT THEY HAVE THIS MIND IN THEM OF CHRIST RENYING HIMSELF…..

HE SAYS:
    👇

[6]

A) Who, being in the form of God,

B) thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  

THE SON OF GOD, WHO WAS GOD AND WHO WAS IN THE FORM OF GOD, CONSIDERED THAT IT WOULD BE “TO ROB GOD” TO BE, (RETAIN) THE EQUAL OF GOD…

AND THE FOLLOWING TELLS US:

👇

[7] But made himself of no reputation, 

HE HAD A REPUTATION OF BEING THE EQUAL OF HIS FATHER BECAUSE HE WAS GOD AND THROUGH HIM ALL WAS CREATED….(John 1:1-3)
    But to save humanity from sin “HE MADE HIMSELF POOR FROM THE RICH THAT HE WAS, SO THAT WE SHOULD BE ENRICHED”
    HE LEFT HIS DIVINE CONDITION IN THE GLORY HE HAD WITH HIS FATHER BEFORE THE WORLD WAS.

THE FOLLOWING

👇

and took upon him the form of a servant, and👉 was made in the likeness of men: 👈 *<span style=”color: #ff6600;”>AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH</span> *👈

[8] And being found 👉in fashion as a man, 👈

he humbled himself, 

and became obedient unto death, even👉 the death of the cross.  👈 

no comment

GLORY TO GOD FOR THE GIFT OF HIS OWN SON!

AMEN!

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: Paul is speaking to people who received the Spirit in measure, people who received different gifts of the Spirit to which the anointed

Jesus had received all of them.

That’s where you’re WRONG Jodi, JESUS HAD THEM NATURALLY AS HE GREW UP:

Luke 2:40 And the child grew,

and waxed strong in spirit,

filled with wisdom:

and the grace of God was upon him.

46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

52And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature,

and in favour with God and man.

Now read

Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house. And laying his hands upon him, he said: Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus hath sent me, he that appeared to thee in the way as thou camest;

that thou mayest receive thy sight,

and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Jodi , do  we read SUCH scripture as a reference to Jesus, I MEAN:

THAT JESUS EVER RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST ANYWHERE AT ANYIME and  AT A PARTICULAR PLACE AFTER HIS BIRTH?

Read what Isaiah said, by his announcement of the birth of the Messiah—

Isaiah11:1 And there shall come forth a ROD out of the STEM of Jesse, and a BRANCH shall grow out of his ROOTS:

Then immediately in the following verse he adds, 

2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him,….

WHERE IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE INDICATES THAT JESUS RECEIVES THE SPIRIT AFTER HIS BIRTH, AT A PARTICULAR TIME AND PLACE?

ON THE OTHER HAND SCRIPTURE EMPHATICALLY DECLARE THAT JESUS WAS

BORN OF THE HOLY GHOST

BORN OF THE SPIRIT

Read AGAIN MY POST No. #943079 and accept the truth please:

Isaiah 42:11BEHOLD my servant, I will uphold him:

my elect, my soul DELIGHTS in him:

Notice the tense, it is the simple present tense, NOT FUTURE TENSE:

Jodi, We use the simple present tense when an action is happening right now, or when it happens regularly (or unceasingly, which is why it’s sometimes called present indefinite).

IN THE CASE ABOVE JESUS, THOUGH A SPIRIT, ALREADY CARRIED GOD’S SOUL!

THE HOLY GHOST!

….I HAVE GIVEN MY SPIRIT upon HIM,….

THE TENSE ABOVE IS  THE PRESENT PERFECT TENSE!

And we use the present perfect tense: for something that started in the past and continues in the present:

God gave Jesus His Spirit before creation commenced!

(1)       JESUS PRE-EXISTED Jodi!

Confirmed   in other scripture:

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, and hear this:

I HAVE NOT spoken in secret FROM THE BEGINNING:

Jodi, THE ABOVE IS AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL!

Jesus! THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD is TALKING! Carry on reading please: 

from the time before it was done,

Me: ….BEFORE CREATION WAS DONE/BEFORE THE BEGINNING WAS DONE!

I was there,

IN THE ABOVE, JESUS CONFIRMED TWO THINGS Jodi,

ONE THAT HE IS “THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD, AND

TWO THAT HE “HAS NOT” SPOKEN IN SECRET, FROM THE BEGINNING!

John1:1

Now look again at the tense please:

I HAVE NOT spoken in secret FROM THE BEGINNING:

HAVE NOT!

PRESENT PERFECT!

Jodi, AGAIN, We use the present perfect:

for something that started in the past and continues in the present:

(2) JESUS PRE-EXISTED, Jodi, 

Attention please, here comes more  TRUTH! Carry on reading Isaiah 48:16, 

and now the Lord God HAS SENT ME, and HIS SPIRIT.

Now just read AGAIN the second part of Isaiah 42 :1, 

I HAVE GIVEN MY SPIRIT upon HIM,

I SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU:

Isaiah 48:16,….. the Lord God HAS SENT ME, and HIS SPIRIT.
    Isaiah 42 :1, ….. I HAVE GIVEN MY SPIRIT upon HIM,

BOTH SCRIPTURES ARE NOT ONLY SAYING AND REFERRING TO THE SAME TRUTH!

BUT ALSO BOTH USE THE PRESENT PERFECT TENSE!

And we use the present perfect tense: for something that started in the past and continues in the present:

Jodi,

JESUS PRE-EXISTED,

JESUS IS THE WORD SPOKEN OF GOD, AND

JESUS HAD THE SPIRIT UPON HIM, FROM THE BEGINNING! 

MORE PROOF!

Isaiah 49:1 Listen to me, you islands;

HEAR THIS, you distant nations:

Before I was born the Lord called me;

Jodi and Gene and those who are in harmony with your corrupted teaching,

the above confirms that

GOD CALLED JESUS BEFORE HE WAS BORN!

(3)     JESUS PRE-EXISTED Jodi!

Peace and love in Jesus

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Carmel,

YOU: Luke 2:52 – “And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”

ME: Christ “kept increasing”; meaning wisdom, stature, and favor were continually increasing. If Christ was filled with this at his birth or prior, why would more need to be “added” as he grew?

YOU: “THAT JESUS EVER (“never”?) RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME and AT A PARTICULAR PLACE AFTER HIS BIRTH?”

ME: Luke 3:22 – what descended upon Christ after his baptism? If the spirit of God didn’t infill him at that moment, at the beginning of his ministry, then what was the point of the spirit descending if he was already filled with the God’s spirit?

You: “Isaiah11:1 And there shall come forth a ROD out of the STEM of Jesse, and a BRANCH shall grow out of his ROOTS:

Then immediately in the following verse he adds,

2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him,….

WHERE IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE INDICATES THAT JESUS RECEIVES THE SPIRIT AFTER HIS BIRTH, AT A PARTICULAR TIME AND PLACE?”

ME: It simply states the Spirit will rest upon Christ; in other words, at some point, Christ will receive the Spirit. No time frame is given.

To all:

Isa 42:11 was a typo, what Carmel was quoting is Isa 42:1; while he is focused on the tenses of words to prove a point, I think the most important part of the verse has been avoided/missed and is the clause “my servant”. Many will say it is a direct reference to Christ; however, we must back up to chapter 41:8-10 where is starts talking about “my servant” and consider the words being spoken.

8 But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, you, the offspring of Abraham my friend, 9 you whom I grasped from the ends of the earth and called from its remotest parts and told, “You are my servant; I have chosen you and I have not rejected you.”

How can this “servant” be Christ? Was Christ “grasped from the ends of the Earth” or “called from its remotest parts”?

Moving onto verse “10 You must not fear, for I am with you; you must not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, indeed I will help you, indeed I will take hold of you with the right hand of my salvation.”

God is still speaking to “my servant” and reassuring this “servant” they should not fear because God will give them strength, help, and take hold of them. If this is a reference to Christ, why would Christ need this kind of reassurance. I thought Christ was God in the flesh, God incarnate, the Creator, God the Son existing in heaven.

The “my servant” occurs 12 times between chapter 41-52; “my servant” is call “blind, deaf, Jacob, Israel, my chosen one.” Surely you wouldn’t say Christ is to be called blind and deaf!

Isaiah was written during the captivity in Babylon and Babylon was known for scattering people they conquered throughout its kingdom. This was done to prevent those they conquered from reforming and rising against them. I believe chapter 41:9 gives us a clue to who this “servant” may be as God is going to gather this servant from the Earths ends and remotest parts, and this servant is one who God has chosen and not forgotten. Is it possible this “servant” God is speaking about are those who have been scattered throughout Babylon and HE will gather them once again to himself as his chosen people?

Now before telling me I am wrong, please take note of chapter 53:11; “my servant” changes to “my righteous servant” and it is here I believe Christ is being referenced and not prior.

Happy studying!

Berean
    Participant

@ desire Truth

Isaiah 42:1-5is a reference to Christ for sure…

Chapter 41:8-10 IS a reference for Israël .

Did Carmel affirm that it is about Christ?

About Isaiah 42:1-5 

Matthew quotes Isaiah 42:1-5 and plainly says it is a prophecy fulfilled in Jesus (Matthew 12:16-21). So, in this, the LORD commands all peoples to put their focus on Jesus.

[16]And charged them that they should not make him known:
    [17] That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
    [18] Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
    [19] He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
    [20] A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
    [21] And in his name shall the Gentiles trust. 

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi All,

JUST TO CLARIFY EVEN FURTHER, THANKS TO THE HOLY SPIRIT!

“Isaiah11:1 And there shall come forth a ROD out of the STEM of Jesse, and a BRANCH shall grow out of his ROOTS:

Then immediately in the following verse, he adds,

2And the spirit of the LORD shall REST upon him,….

THE SPIRIT SHALL “REST”, DEPEND UPON JESUS!

FOR WHAT? 

IN ORDER FOR GOD, A SPIRIT, TO ACHIEVE HIS GENERAL SPIRITUAL TASK IN THIS TANGIBLE WORLD!

John17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth;

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

IN THIS TANGIBLE WORLD, GOD VISUALLY,

A SPIRIT EVEN UP TO THIS DAY IS HANDICAPPED,

WHILE SATAN, A SPIRIT AS GOD IS, SHREWD MALEVOLENT BRILLIANCE AND THE FATHER OF LIES, HAD THE ABSOLUTE OPPORTUNITY TO  ACCREDIT GOD’S WORK TO HIMSELF.

Luke:11:14 And he was casting out a devil, and the same was dumb: and when he had cast out the devil, the dumb spoke: and the multitudes were in admiration at it:

15But some of them said: He casteth out devils by Beelzebub, the prince of devils.

16And others tempting, asked of him a sign from heaven.

17But he seeing their thoughts, said to them: Every kingdom divided against itself, shall be brought to desolation, and house upon house shall fall.

18And if Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because you say,

that through Beelzebub I cast out devils.

19Now if I cast out devils by Beelzebub; by whom do your children cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.

20But if I by the finger of God cast out devils; doubtless the kingdom of God is come upon you.

21When a strong man armed keepeth his court, those things are in peace which he possesseth.

22But if a stronger than he come upon him, and overcome him;

he will take away all his armour wherein he trusted, and will distribute his spoils.

23He that is not with me, is against me; and he that gathereth not with me, scattereth.

THUS WITHOUT JESUS, ATTENTION PLEASE:

A DIVINE HUMAN BEING, AD INTRA, FROM WITHIN THE DEITY,

“THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD, MADE FLESH, THE SON OF MAN, PURPOSELY SENT FROM THE FATHER, GOD ALL-KNOWING BEFORE THE BEGINNING! Isaiah:48:16,Isaiah 49:1,2

HUMANS AS SINNERS, WERE INDEBTED TO SATAN,

Psalm 49: 7No brother can redeem, nor shall man redeem:

he shall not give to God his ransom,

WHILE JESUS, IN ORDER TO BECOME MAN, HAD NOTHING OF THIS SATANIC WORLD! Well asserted in

John 14:30 I will not now speak many things with you. For the prince of this world cometh,

and in me he hath not anything.  

THUS THE SPIRIT OF GOD RESTED ON JESUS

AND WITHOUT JESUS IS USELESS 

ON THIS PLANET: 

NO GOD NO JESUS!

NO JESUS NO GOD!

I EMPHATICALLY REPEAT FOR THE SAKE OF TRUTH!

GOD AS A SPIRIT WAS NOT IN THE POSITION,  ON THIS TANGIBLE WORLD TO ACHIEVE HIS KINGDOM!

THUS THE SPIRIT OF GOD RESTS ON JESUS UP TO THIS DAY AND TILL JESUS ESTABLISHES HIS KINGDOM!

FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER

Continue:

carmel
    Participant

Hi All

Continue:

Again let’s read

Isaiah 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall REST upon him,….

The above, simply states the Spirit will rest upon JESUS  in other words, at some point,

JESUS will BE SUBJECT to the Spirit, IN RELATION TO GOD’S WORK IN RELATION TO HIS AGE, LIKE FOR INSTANT:

Luke 2: 49 And he said to them: How is it that you sought me?

did you not know, 

that I must be about my FATHER’S business? 

JESUS A MERE CHILD OF TWELVE,

FULL OF THE SPIRIT!
    SIMPLY REVEALED  BY THIS FIRST-EVER EVENT ON THIS PLANET,

THAT GOD WAS HIS FATHER.

GOD OFFICIALLY MADE IT CLEAR  ON THIS SATANIC PLANET BY HIS OWN

“WORD”

THAT HE HAD A SON!

Jesus, SUBJETC TO THE SPIRIT OF GOD WITHIN HIM,

anticipated His Father at the river Jordan!

Luke 2:46 And it came to pass, that, after three days, they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, hearing them, and asking them questions.

47And all that heard him were astonished at his wisdom and his answers.

Just reflect please:

WHAT DID JESUS, A MERE CHILD OF TWELVE DO, THAT THEY WERE SO ASTONISHED ABOUT? 

HE WAS ONLY READING AND DISCUSSING SCRIPTURE! WAIT! WAIT!

HIS OWN WORK, 

“THE WORD” SPOKEN OF GOD! WOW!

NOW IF THE SPIRIT  IN FULL POWER WITHIN JESUS EVIDENTLY DID SOMETHING MORE THAN IT WAS APPROPRIATE AND JUSTIFIED IN RELATION TO A MERE CHILD OF TWELVE, CONSIDERING THAT BY WHAT HE DISCUSSED IN RELATION TO THE SCRIPTURE, THEY WERE ASTONISHED, WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO JESUS,

A MERE CHILD OF TWELVE!

WOULDN’T MORE  LIKELY HAVE SAID

THIS CHILD MUST BE THE DEVIL, RATHER THEN

THIS CHILD IS GOD?

AT THAT STAGE SATAN WAS IN FULL POWER, AND JESUS WAS NOT YET OFFICIALLY

PROCLAIMED BY GOD THE FATHER LIKE HE DID AT THE RIVER JORDAN!

NOW WE COME TO THE POINT WHERE I ALWAYS WANTED TO REVEAL THIS BUT THE SPIRIT PREVENTED ME, SO HERE WE GO:

WHY DID GOD THE FATHER PROCLAIM JESUS  THAT HE WAS HIS BELOVED SON

AFTER HE CAME OUT OF THE WATER?

HE COULD HAVE DONE IT EVEN BEFORE HE WENT INTO THE WATER. NO?

I TELL YOU WHY, AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT IN ME!

AS SOON AS JESUS WENT INTO THE WATER

SATAN WAS LOCKED IN HELL FIRE, TILL JESUS ACCOMPLISHES HIS/GOD ‘S WORK ON EARTH WITHOUT ANY INTERFERENCE FROM SATAN AT ALL! WELL CLEAR IN

Matthew 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan, unto John, to be baptized by him.

14But John stayed him, saying:

I ought to be baptized by thee, and comest thou to me? 

IS JOHN ABOVE, SAYING THAT HE WAS A SINNER? ALL HAVE SINNED! NO?

15 And Jesus answering, said to him:

Suffer it to be so now.

For so it becometh us to fulfill ALL JUSTICE.

DID YOU GET THIS?

THREE IMPORTANT AND VITAL WORDS

“US”
    ALL JUSTICE!

AS SOON AS JESUS WENT INTO THE WATER

JESUS and JOHN

ACCOMPLISHED ALL JUSTICE!

Luke 10:1 And the seventy-two returned with joy, saying: Lord, the devils also are subject to us in thy name. 

18And he said to them:

I saw Satan like lightening falling from heaven. 

AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL:

the seventy-two returned with joy, saying:

Lord, the devils also are subject to US in thy name. 

TO US IN YOUR NAME!

SATAN UP TO JESUS BAPTISM, HAD THE FACULTY TO GO TO HEAVEN AND DISCUSS THINGS DAY AND NIGHT WITH THE EXCUSE THAT JUSTICE MUST BE DONE! THIS IS IN ORDER FOR HIM TO ACQUIRE SINFUL SOULS INTO HELL!

OBVIOUS THROUGH DEATH! A MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING! 

Rev.12:10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: because the accuser of our brethren is cast forth,

who accused them before our God day and night.

NOW BACK TO MATTHEW:

Then he suffered him. 16And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: and lo,

the heavens were opened TO HIM:
    and HE SAW the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him. 

17And behold a voice from heaven, saying:

This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

WELL, PLEASED WHY????

SATAN RULED ON EARTH FROM ADAM AND EVE SIN, GOD FOUR THOUSAND YEARS PATIENTLY  WAITED FOR THIS PRECISE MOMENT IN ORDER TO FULFILL

ALL JUSTICE!!!

AND IT WAS ACHIEVED PRECISELY BY JOHN THE BAPTIST WHEN HE BAPTIZED JESUS!

ONLY JOHN/MICHAEL

THE PERSONAL MESSENGER OF GOD COULD ACHIEVE SUCH A POWERFUL TASK AS HE DID ALSO IN HEAVEN ON LUCIFER/SATAN’S REBELLION!

SATAN WAS LOCKED INTO HELLFIRE TILL GOD IN JESUS ACCOMPLISHED HIS WORK ON EARTH! Well pinpointed out by Jesus in

John14:30 I will not now speak many things with you.

For the prince of this world cometh,
    and in me he hath not any thing. 

Satan could only leave hell fire by GOD’S ORDER!

SUBJECT TO JESUS
    SUBJECT TO MAN! well clear in

Luke 10:1 And the seventy-two returned with joy, saying:

Lord, the devils also are subject to us in thy name. 

Asserted as well by Jesus in

Mark 3:27  No man can enter into the house of a strong man and rob him of his goods,

unless he first bind the strong man,
    and then shall he plunder his house.

Now let’s read the most vital moment when JESUS WAS GIVEN ALL THINGS UNDER HIS HAND BY THE FATHER, PRECISELY TO ORDER SATAN TO ACCOMPLISH HIS DREAM!

John13:2 And when supper was done, (the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray him,) 3 Knowing that the Father had given him all things into his hands, and that he came from God, and goeth to God; 

24 Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, and said to him: Who is it of whom he speaketh? 25He therefore, leaning on the breast of Jesus, saith to him: Lord, who is it? 26 Jesus answered:

He it is to whom I shall reach bread dipped. And when he had dipped the bread, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. 27 And after the morsel, Satan entered into him. And Jesus said to him:

That which thou dost, do quickly. 

THE ABOVE WORDS WERE DIRECTED TO SATAN WITHIN THE HEART OF GUDAH!

JESUS GAVE SATAN THE GO-AHEAD IN ORDER TO FULFILL HIS DREAM/ SUICIDE!  Well clear in 

John10:17 Therefore doth the Father love me:

because I lay down my life,
    that I may take it again.

18No man taketh it away from me:

but I lay it down of myself,
    and I have power to lay it down:
    and I have power to take it up again.

This commandment have I received of my Father.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Desire Truth………Thanks for the clarification of Isa 41:8-10,  I see it that way also, Israel is being called the servant of God there.

peace and love to you and yours Desire Truth …………gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

“SATAN WAS LOCKED INTO HELLFIRE TILL GOD IN JESUS ACCOMPLISHED HIS WORK ON EARTH! Well pinpointed out by Jesus in

John14:30 I will not now speak many things with you.

For the prince of this world cometh,
    and in me he hath not any thing.

Satan could only leave hell fire by GOD’S ORDER!”

Me

Where in the Bible did you find what you write (here highlighted)?
    Can you make this clearer if possible?

Now, according to my knowledge, hell does not exist YET….

IT WILL BE EFFECTIVE AT THE RETURN OF CHRIST FOR THE BEAST AND THE FALSE PROPHET (Rev.19:20), THEN AFTER THE THOUSAND FOR THE FINAL DESTRUCTION OF THE DEVIL AND ALL REBELS.

👇

When Jesus Returns (to Earth)

[Rev.19:20] And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both 👉were cast alive 👉into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.👈

After the thousand years (on earth)

[7] And👉 when the thousand years are
    👉 expired, 👈 Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    [8] And shall go out to deceive the nations which 👉are in the four quarters of the earth👈, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    [9] And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: 👉and fire came down from God out of heaven, 👉and devoured them.👈
    [10] 👉And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire👈 and brimstone,👈 where the 👉beast and the false prophet are👈, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

🙏

gadam123
    Participant

Hi dear brothers and sisters I am back again.

Peace and love to you all…….Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 24,001 through 24,020 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account