JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 23,981 through 24,000 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Carmel,

Post #943163

This is patently false and makes absolutely zero sense. You are quoting a verse before Christ was baptized, before beginning of his ministry, and equating Christ to “our first love”??!!?

One question for you, what is the first and greatest commandment? Also, read I John 4:7-21; where does love come from?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….Jesus said (not me)…….“no man CAN COME UNTO ME,  except the Father “DRAW”, him.”   GOD the FATHER, Is my and Jesus’ FIRST LOVE,  Jesus, myself and all other things are our, “second love” .

remember what Jesus told the person who ask what is the greatest commandment ?,  …..“you shall “LOVE” the Lord you GOD , with “ALL” YOU HEART , with “ALL” YOUR MIGHT, with “ALL” YOUR SOUL.  and the “SECOND”  IS  LIKE IT, you shall LOVE YOU NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF.”

On these “two”, (first love, and second love ) …….“hinge “ALL” the law and prophets “.

Jesus LOVE and FAITH in God the Father, was more than for himself,  that’s why Jesus said……“not my WILL,  BUT THY WILL, BE DONE. 

YOU have shown by your own words, your love for Jesus is greater then your love for GOD THE FATHER, so, you have found your own self guilty of the same thing the Church at Ephesus mentioned in REV 2;1-5,   HAD WRONG WITH THEM , “REPENT”

Peace and Love to you and yours Carmel……….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….Jesus said (not me)…….“no man CAN COME UNTO ME,  except the Father “DRAW”, him.”   GOD the FATHER, Is my and Jesus’ FIRST LOVE,  Jesus, myself and all other things are our, “second love” .

remember what Jesus told the person who ask what is the greatest commandment ?,  …..“you shall “LOVE” the Lord you GOD , with “ALL” YOU HEART , with “ALL” YOUR MIGHT, with “ALL” YOUR SOUL.  and the “SECOND”  IS  LIKE IT, you shall LOVE YOU NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF.”

On these “two”, (first love, and second love ) …….“hinge “ALL” the law and prophets “.

Jesus LOVE and FAITH in God the Father, was more than for himself,  that’s why Jesus said……“not my WILL,  BUT THY WILL, BE DONE. 

YOU have shown by your own words, your love for Jesus is greater then your love for GOD THE FATHER, so, you have found your own self guilty of the same thing the Church at Ephesus mentioned in REV 2;1-5,   HAD WRONG WITH THEM , “REPENT”

Peace and Love to you and yours Carmel……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU:

The point of dispute is not there, it is on the fact that you believe in a Christ who is not NOT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS….

“All things were made by him; and  without him was not any thing made that was made.”

This is the subject of the thread

ANY OTHER SAVIOR IS “OUTLAW”

ME:

The point of dispute is certainly there Berean, you are just refusing to acknowledge it. Refusing to apply scripture directly where God intended it to be applied to.

Act 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end FROM THE BEGINNING, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I HAVE SPOKEN IT, I will also bring it to pass; I HAVE PURPOSED IT, I will also do it. 12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness: 13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Ephesians 5:9 The fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth. 

Jeremiah 10:12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion. 13 When he uttereth HIS VOICE, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures…16 The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Isaiah 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice’ den. 9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. 10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Biblical Facts Berean,

He who created heaven and earth did so by Himself, by His powers, His Wisdom, His Discretion and through the UTTERANCE OF HIS OWN VOICE and He did so for THE PURPOSE that it be inhabited with righteousness. 

Righteousness comes through being born of God, born of His Spirit where the Spirit is living in you to the cause that you are able to walk in all of God’s ways. When you are led by the Spirit living in you, you are a Son of God. God’s promise from the beginning was to rest His Spirit upon humans, making them into His image, His children who cannot sin, where they would inhabit a new earth with eternal life. This was God’s purpose for why He created all things. Jesus is the firstborn overall of this new earth where through the Spirit he received according to a promise when he was raised from the dead he eternally exists in the glorious image of God. When this Son of Man returns we will see him in that glory in the glory of our Father, the glory of God’s Spirit living in him. 

He who uttered His voice and brought forth creation also in the beginning uttered His voice DECLARING the END where ONE MAN would execute God’s purpose. 

This one man is set apart/anointed to fulfill God’s purpose through the Spirit that is living in him and God’s purpose for this man was for him to inherit the earth inhabiting it to bring forth righteousness and peace unto all nations of people, making us JOINT HEIRS with him, heirs of God’s Spirit and heirs of God’s kingdom.  

This would be EXACTLY WHY we are told that all things that were created were done so by reason of him and for him. The son of David fulfills all of God’s will, he fulfills God’s purpose for why He created all things in the first place, so without this ONE MAN WHO WAS DECLARED FROM THE BEGINNING, nothing would have been made that was made. 

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

The identity of the Son of God is that of a perfect man and the fulness of Christ is that of a man who received the Spirit of God not by measure, where it remains in him and causes him to walk in all of God’s ways, sinless/perfect, and thus capable to fulfill all of God’s will.

We believe that he is the promised son of David to whom God said He would become a Father to, that He would settle him into His kingdom forever, that He would make him into His firstborn, higher than all the kings of the earth, a king of kings sitting on his father David’s throne ruling through God’s Spirit that lives in him, a Son being led by the Spirit of God, a firstborn among many brethren.

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

No need to keep trying to convince me that Jesus is just a man.
    Don’t waste your time with this, IT’S USELESS.

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Berean,

Your statement is the main reason this debate has been raging for the last 20 years; no one wants to verify what they have been told or taught to be truth is actually the truth. Doctrine has superseded God’s words and is why the church isn’t unified, why the church is collapsing, and why sin is running rampant within its walls. Truth is, we no longer fear God, we like the polluted “grace and mercy” teachings of today – the sermons that tickle verses convict.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: Refusing to apply scripture directly where God intended it to be applied to.

Me: Now, Jodi, TO ACHIEVE what you’re suggesting, what kind of wisdom, or knowledge, would you refer to?

Also, just to keep you in mind of the truth,

WE ARE DISCUSSING GOD’S GENERAL TASK ON EARTH AS A HUMAN IN JESUS,

SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD. Rev.13:8

Thus, read THE SCRIPTURE hereunder and APPLY IT ACCORDING TO WHERE GOD INTENDED IT TO BE APPLIED TO :

James 1: 5But if any of you want wisdom,

let him ask of God,

who giveth to all men abundantly,

and upbraideth not;

and it shall be given him.

6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.

For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea, which is moved and carried about by the wind.

7 Therefore let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord.

8A double minded man is inconstant in all his ways.

21Wherefore casting away all uncleanness, and abundance of naughtiness,

with meekness receive the ENGRAFTED WORD,

which is able to save your souls. 

A question for you to tackle:

WHAT IS, AND WHY IT IS CALLED  THE ENGRAFTED WORD according to your WORLDLY WISDOM?

You definitely not answer the above mere simple question crammed with worldly wisdom and naked of God’s wisdom, WITH EVERY RESPECT!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: If Jesus was without sin, then he wouldn’t need to be baptized#943022

Me: Jodi, read the scripture hereunder, it didn’t confirm

THAT JESUS WAS BORN OF GOD’S SPIRIT?

It didn’t also confirm that Jesus BORN OF GOD’S SPIRIT WAS DEFINITELY

WITHOUT THE LEAST STAIN OF SIN?

Luke 2: 49And he said to them: How is it that you sought me?

did you not know, 

that I must be about my father’s business? 

50And they understood not the word that he spoke unto them.

I spell it out for you: 

In the above Jesus

A MERE CHILD OF TWELVE ANTICIPATED GOD THE FATHER AT THE RIVER JORDAN and confirmed that

GOD ALMIGHTY IS HIS FATHER!

Jodi, AREN’T YOU, AS YOU SAID, REFUSING TO APPLY SCRIPTURE DIRECTLY WHERE GOD INTENDED IT TO BE APPLIED TO?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

You said, “just a man”.

This truly exposes your mindset of complete denial of profound meaningful scriptures.

According to you, are we to believe that the idea of Jesus ONLY existing as a human being would then strip him of all his glory??

Such is NOT AT ALL what God’s word gives us.

Isaiah 11: 1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my Spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles…5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.  I am the LORD: that is my name: and MY GLORY I WILL NOT GIVE TO ANOTHER, neither my praise to graven images.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Jesus is the man where GOD’S WORD WAS MADE TRUE IN THE FLESH, God’s word was made true in the human Jesus. Berean, there is no glory here??

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 

Acts 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Berean, there is no glory here, a Son of Man fulfilling God’s WORD executing God’s counsel being a savior?

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Matthew 16:27 FOR THE SON OF MAN shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Through the Spirit of our Creator dwelling in a man this man is ordained to judge the world in righteousness, for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth. But there is no glory to be had in this man, none? We are not to recognize the significance of God’s word made true in the man Jesus and all that the word entails?

Berean, Jesus’s GLORY is not because he pre-existed as another type of being, his glory is what YHVH accomplishes in him as a man who He called to righteousness, as a man who God ordained for the purpose to carry out God’s reason for why He had created all things in the first place. Jesus’s glory is that of a man who has God’s Spirit dwelling in him, which according to scripture does in fact equate him exactly to be a Son of God. Jesus’s glory is that of a man who is a firstborn into God’s kingdom, a firstborn overall of God’s new eternally righteous Creation where man lives in the image of God. Jesus’s glory is that he is the promised son of David who would not just be made into God’s firstborn but made a king higher than all other kings whereby he is our lord.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Desire Truth,

Wow, you really nailed something in your last post. Thank you!

When debating on this forum to test and prove all things to then see people just shut down when given certain scriptures shows a great deal of weakness with their doctrine.

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

When I say ‘just a man’, there is nothing pejorative about it.
    I REPEAT: THERE IS NOTHING PEJORATIVE.

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

In fact Jodi, you are denying the mystery of God and the Father and Christ.

You say Christ has nothing to do with being God (Theos) as in John 1:1)

You have great difficulty in conceiving that the equal of GOD (Phil.2:6) was MADE FLESH….(John1:1)

And yet …. I tell you: it’s THE TRUTH, I’m not lying. God the Father is my witness, as well as Christ Jesus.

MYSTERIOUS TRUTH I RECOGNIZE!

BUT IT IS WRAPPED IN GOD’S LOVE!

Col.2 KJB
    [2] That their hearts may be comforted, being united in love, and to all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, 👉to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, 👉and of the Father, 👉and of Christ; 👈

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Carmel…….Jesus said (not me)…….“no man CAN COME UNTO ME,  except the Father “DRAW”, him.”

The above confirms that YOU ARE SIMPLY BLIND!

JESUS CONFIRMED AND SAID:

“no man CAN COME UNTO ME,  except the Father “DRAW”, him.”

Me:  Gene, WHY DOES THE FATHER DRAW MEN TO JESUS?

Read:

John14:6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

John15:5 I am the vine; you the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit:

for without me you can do nothing.

OK, Gene? FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT: 

WITHOUT JESUS WE CAN DO

NOTHING!

No man cometh to the Father, but by JESUS.

JESUS IS FIRST!

JESUS IS THE WAY!

JESUS IS THE TRUTH!

JESUS IS THE LIFE!

You: GOD the FATHER, Is my and Jesus’ FIRST LOVE,

Me:

WRONG, WRONG, and WRONG!

JESUS  AND YOU ARE NOT EQUAL DO NOT PUT JESUS IN THE SAME BASKET AS YOU ARE! Read again!

John15:5 I am the vine;

you the branches:

he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit:

for without me you can do nothing.

JESUS’ FIRST LOVE IS DEFINITELY THE FATHER!

FIRST AND FOREMOST:

JESUS DID ALL FOR THE FATHER, AS THE FATHER IS SPIRIT AND ETERNAL AND

ON THIS MORTAL PHYSICAL PLANET HE IS NOT IN THE POSITION

TO DO ANYTHING TANGIBLE BY HIMSELF

EXCEPT IN/BY JESUS

THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER! 

BUT OUR FIRST LOVE IS JESUS!

You: Jesus, myself and all other things are our, “second love”.

WRONG, WRONG, AND WRONG!

YOURSELF and all other things BEFORE JESUS CAME FORTH FROM THE FATHER FROM HEAVEN INTO THIS SATANIC WORLD,

WERE TOTALLY SATANIC AND LOST!

JESUS IS YOUR THE REDEEMER!

John3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so must the Son of man be lifted up: 

15That whosoever believeth in him, may not perish;

but may have life everlasting.

For God so loved the world,

as to give his only begotten Son;

that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.

17For God sent not his Son into the world, to judge the world,

but that the world may be saved by him. 

18He that believeth in him is not judged. But he that doth not believe, is already judged:

because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19And this is the judgment:

because the light is come into the world,

and men loved darkness rather than the light:

for their works were evil. 

20For every one that doth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, that his works may not be reproved. 21But he that doth truth, cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest,

because they are done in God.

because they are done in God, THROUGH JESUS;

confirmed by Jesus:

John15:5 …he that abideth in me, and I in him,

the same beareth much fruit:

YOU Gene, AND THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE AS GENTILES ARE EX-SATANIC!

1Peter 2:Who in time past were not a people:….

You: remember what Jesus told the person who ask what is the greatest commandment ?,

…..“you shall “LOVE” the Lord you GOD , with “ALL” YOU HEART , with “ALL” YOUR MIGHT, with “ALL” YOUR SOUL.  and the “SECOND”  IS  LIKE IT, you shall LOVE YOU NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF.”

Gene, in the above

THE FATHER IS NOT MENTIONED!

ONLY THE LORD GOD IS MENTIONED!

GOD IS UNKNOWN AND TO KNOW GOD IS TO KNOW JESUS!

John14:1 LET not your heart be troubled.

You believe in God,

believe also in me.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

You use CHRIST incorrectly.

The man Jesus is called Christ BECAUSE he was anointed of the Spirit to be sent out into the world to speak God’s words and to do God’s works in God’s name and fulfill God’s will. 

It is not, our God was in the form of God before he became the anointed Jesus.

Neither is it, a pre-existing son was in the form of God before he became the anointed Jesus.

It is the anointed Jesus himself while on earth, the man who had received the Spirit not by measure, was in the form of God. 

This is another verse besides Phil 2: that we read that the man Jesus on earth is in the form of God and being a servant unto God.

John 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

He is a LIGHT because the Spirit came upon him WITHOUT MEASURE, A CALLING TO RIGHTEOUSNESS, AN ANOINTING, where he would fulfill God’s covenant and be for a light, a GLORY God promised to give to no other MAN. 

It is not a pre-existing being coming to earth to be for a light, it is the sending of an anointed man out into the world to be for a light, God’s WORD of Isaiah made true in the flesh.

Berean PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW VERSE 5 FITS WITH YOUR DOCTRINE?

Phil 2:5 Let this mind BE IN YOU, WHICH WAS ALSO IN Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: It is not, our God was in the form of God before he became the anointed Jesus.

Me: WITH THE SAME ARGUMENT

YOUR SOUL IS NOT YOU before you were born!

DO YOU ACCEPT THAT?

YES OR NO PLEASE!

MORE TO COME:

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

Tell me when was the last time I misused the word Christ.
    And how do you see COLOSSIANS 2:2?
    For in this verse, the mystery of Christ is on the same plane as the mystery of God.

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of👉 the mystery of God,👉 and of the Father, 👉and of Christ;👈 (Col.2:2)

For me Jesus is not just a man. HE IS THE 👉DIVINE 👈 SON OF GOD
    WHO HAS CLOTHED OUR HUMANITY IN ORDER TO SAVE US FROM SIN.

🙏

DesireTruth
    Participant

@ Berean,

What is this “mystery of God” in Col 2:2? Explain its meaning.

You also state: “For me Jesus is not just a man. HE IS THE 👉DIVINE 👈 SON OF GOD
    WHO HAS CLOTHED OUR HUMANITY IN ORDER TO SAVE US FROM SIN.”

Can you provide any scripture that states Christ existed in a dual form?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…….The greatest lesson learned here is this……Psa 127:1……”Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it.”

peace and love to you all……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

Romans 25:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel.

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things through (by reason of) Jesus Christ:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephe 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:9 For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.

Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness: 13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Ephes 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; 26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Col 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The mystery Berean is that salvation is not only for Israel, the promises of God declared from the beginning are also for the Gentiles. 

From the beginning was God’s WORD of the calling of one man to righteousness who would fulfill the promises, doing so through God’s Spirit living in him, directing all his ways. We were promised salvation. We were promised to receive God’s Spirit to the cause of walking in all his ways too, being born of God not able to sin. We were promised to be born of the Spirit and enter into God’s kingdom with that Spirit remaining upon us unto eternal life. We were promised to be joint heirs with the anointed man, to be made into the image of the Son that he might be a firstborn among many brethren. People were a witness to the man who was raised from the dead having received the promised Spirit being made a firstborn of the dead and they witnessed this man ascend to heaven where God had promised that this man would be exalted to His right hand. We will see this man coming in the clouds in our Father’s glory where he will make us joint heirs, heirs of God’s Spirit and heirs of God’s kingdom. God will be all in all.

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

I do not believe that Paul is referring here to the mystery “concerning the Gentiles” or “of Christ in us the hope of glory”, (I do not deny them of course) but rather to the mystery of the nature, character of God and ALSO FROM CHRIST in WHOM are (says Paul) hidden (v.3) all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Paul specifies well in COLOSSIANS 2:2
    ……, to the acknowledgment of
    👉the mystery of God,
    and of👉 the Father,
    and of 👉Christ;

in verse 9 Paul makes it very clear that

“in him(Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead (divinity or deity) bodily.”

So IN CHRIST THERE IS:

“all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge”

BECAUSE

“In him(Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead (divinity or deity) bodily.”

CHRIST IS NOT AN ORDINARY MAN.

IN THE BEGINNING HE WAS GOD (John 1:1) AND HE WAS MADE FLESH (v.14)

That is the real truth.

To be continued

🙏

Viewing 20 posts - 23,981 through 24,000 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account