JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 23,961 through 23,980 (of 25,893 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……Another “perfect post”.

Peace and love to you and yours Jodi……….gene

Berean
    Participant

@ desire Truth

As I skimmed through the suggested book, the main take away is the King James is the only proper bible written and other translations are only good when they agree with it. Hate to break it to you, the KJV has its own flaws and in no way is it “perfect”; which is why I have 12 translations I use daily and reference another 60+ online. This way I can see from a larger perspective of what is trying to be conveyed; are these translations in agreement or are certain biases being revealed.

One major issue I have with the KJV is its heavy bias toward the trinity AND Jesus being the creator. If Jesus is the creator, that means he is God; If Jesus is God, then Paul is a liar and every letter he wrote must be immediately removed from scripture. (I can hear the gasps already!)

Another point to ponder, why do we have or need so many different translations of scripture; is it to add to the confusion and disappointment within the church?

me

Look a little deeper into this book to see how Rome began and continued the Counter-Reformation by corrupting the Protestant Bible.

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi, and in this case Gene,

You: 1 Corinthians 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him,

then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him,

that God may be all in all.

Me: Now just read the scripture you produced in another post:

1 Chronicles 17:11-14 teaches us that the son of David was promised to be made into God’s Son and that God would settle him into His House and

into His Kingdom forever and

that He would give him an eternal throne.

Thus in 1 Corinthians 15:28 we read that

the Son also himself be subject unto God,

that God may be all in all.

On the other hand, as you WELL said hereunder, reading 1Chronicles 17:14

the son of David was promised to be made into God’s Son and that God would settle him into His House and

into His Kingdom forever and

that He would give him an eternal throne.

Jodi, and Gene, and all those who are in harmony with your corrupted teaching,

DESPITE YOU ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO ANSWER, NEVERTHELESS

Here is the question:

HOW IS IT THAT THIS SUPPOSED ETERNAL KINGDOM PROMISED BY THE FATHER TO HIS SON,

THIS SON OF MAN,

WHO CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, John 3:13

AT THE VERY END IS GIVEN TO GOD, TO BE

ALL  IN ALL FOR ETERNITY?

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO THIS SON OF MAN THEN?

WHERE WOULD THIS SON OF MAN, while God would be all in all,

ENDS UP?

HE DEFINITELY WOULD NOT BE OVER HIS SUPPOSED

ETERNAL THRONE NO?

AS ETERNAL KING! AGAIN, OVER HIS SUPPOSED

ETERNAL KINGDOM?

Now this is for you Mr. Genius,

You said SOMETHING LIKE that,

IF ANY TEACHING CONTRADICTS THE OT, THAT TEACHING IS

A LIE!

In the above case

WE HAVE

1 Corinthians 15:28  CLEARLY CONTRADICTS

1Chronicles 17:11-14

Jodi it seems quite clear that 

WHAT FOR YOU AND ALSO FOR ALL CHRISTIANS INCLUDING ME, BUT I DOUBT REGARDING Desiretruth,

IS A TRUE SCRIPTURE IN 1 Corinthians 15:28, 

FOR Gene and his carnal-minded reasoning, THOUGH ALSO A CHRISTIAN, according to 1Chronicles 17:11-14

IS  A LIE!

You: Proclaimer,

is this about a body, or

is this about God being in that body,

whatever that body might be?

My: Jodi, your question above is an evidence that 

your preaching is A LIE!

Read and PONDER on the scriptures hereunder you will be able to discover yourself the ANSWER. Hold it a bit,

YOU HAVE TO REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR CARNAL-MINDED MENTALITY THOUGH! WITH EVERY RESPECT!

John14:7 If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also:

and from henceforth you shall know him,

and you have seen him.

8Philip saith to him: Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us. 9Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip,

he that seeth me seeth the Father also.

How sayest thou, Shew us the Father?

1John3:1Behold what manner of charity the Father hath bestowed upon us,

that we should be called,

and should be the sons of God.

Therefore the world knoweth not us,

because it knew not him.

the above applies to you, Jodi and Gene, and all those who are in harmony with your corrupted teaching,

2Dearly beloved, we are now the sons of God; and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be.

We know, that, when he shall appear,

we shall be like to him:

because we shall see him as he is.

3 And every one that hath this hope in him,

sanctifieth himself, as he also is holy.

John16:25 These things I have spoken to you in proverbs.

The hour cometh, when I will no more speak to you in proverbs,

but will show you plainly of the Father.

26In that day you shall ask in my name; and I say not to you, that I will ask the Father for you:

27For the Father himself loveth you,

because you have loved me,

and have believed that I came out from God.

28I came forth from the Father,

and am come into the world:

again I leave the world,

and I go to the Father.

1John5 We know that we are of God,

and the whole world is seated in wickedness.

20And we know that the Son of God is come:

and he hath given us understanding that we may know the true God,

and may be in his true Son.

This is the true God and life eternal.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning Berean,

You did not answer my first question.

1. Jesus (the Son of God) and his true believers are all made children of God in the same way, by being born of God?

Let me rephrase the question,

According to 1 John 3, the Son of God and the children of God are all made God’s children in the SAME WAY, by being BORN OF GOD. 

YES OR NO?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

Here are the other 3 questions,

2. He who is born of God cannot sin and thus he is perfect in righteousness?

3 (reworded). God putting His Spirit within you causes you to walk in His statutes and keep His judgements, thus you cannot sin?

4.  Being born of God is God putting His Spirit within you?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….Frankly, your screwed up words are not even deserving any answers from anyone here, Seeing you cant even “truly believe”, a single scripture we post directly from the Bible, without trying to change the text to meet you corrupt thinking.
    Carmel you are a minister of Satan sent here to “cloud the truth of the scriptures we post here “.  But the word of God will prevail and your false confused teachings will not .IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi Jodi

You

“You did not answer my first question.

1. Jesus (the Son of God) and his true believers are all made children of God in the same way, by being born of God?

Let me rephrase the question,

According to 1 John 3, the Son of God and the children of God are all made God’s children in the SAME WAY, by being BORN OF GOD.

YES OR NO?”

me

Yes I answered
    but You don’t undersdand

Jodi

Humans can become “SON AND DAUGHTER” of God, but CHRIST FROM HIS BEGINNING TO THE DAYS OF ETERNITY, PASSING THROUGH HIS INCARNATION, ALL HIS STAINLESS LIFE, SACRIFICIAL DEATH AND RESURRECTION HAS RESIDED IN GOD’S LOVE . THIS IS WHY GOD MADE HIM PRINCE AND SAVIOR.
    sins:
    👇
    Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. (Acts 5:31)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……Correct,   scripture says 1 John 3:9…..” whosoever is “born” of God does not commit sin; for (because) his (God the father’s) seed  remains in him: and he “CANNOT ” SIN, because he is “born” of God”>

WE are now being begotten, by God the Father’s Spirit, but a time will come when we will actually be , “born” again of God the Father, and be given new “bodies”  that live forever, and never die. Exactly the same as  Jesus now has.

peace and love to you and yours Jodi………….gene

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

You

Here are the other 3 questions,…..

Me

Don’t be too greedy in response, one step at a time.

carmel
    Participant

Jodi and Gene,

You: 4.  Being born of God is God putting His Spirit within you?

Galatians 4:6 And because you are sons,

God hath sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts,

crying: Abba, Father. 

John1:12 But as many as RECEIVED him,

he gave them power to be made

the sons of God,

to them that believe in his name.

13 Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,

but of God.

Berean
    Participant

Hi Carmel

Amen!

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning Berean,

I can’t really say that I follow you regarding your comment, “don’t be too greedy”. My 4 questions, which are actually true statements coming directly from scripture, perfectly join together to give us understanding to what God’s promise that He would be “all in all” means.

God’s children are all made the same way, they are born of God, having God’s seed remains in them where by such they cannot sin, they are full of all goodness, righteousness and truth, which we know are the fruits of God’s Spirit. With God’s children, God is “all in all”.

God’s promise was that He would give us a new heart of flesh and God would put His Spirit in us causing us to walk in all His ways. Being born of God is thus the same thing as God putting His Spirit within us (His seed) where thus God is “all in all”. 

We can take this a step further,

Jesus taught that a man must be born of the Spirit of God to enter into God’s kingdom, a kingdom we know will be established on earth and will be full of righteousness, no sin and this makes sense because the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness righteousness and truth. This too equates to God being “all in all”. 

God’s word gives us a clear understanding as to what the meaning is behind God being “all in all”, it is to be born of God, which specifically means to be born of His Spirit, which specifically means to have His Spirit aboding in you.

Berean, can we agree on this?

Berean
    Participant

Hi Jodi

The point of dispute is not there, it is on the fact that you believe in a Christ who is not NOT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS….

“All things were made by him; and 👉without him was not any thing made that was made.”👈

This is the subject of the thread

ANY OTHER SAVIOR IS “OUTLAW”

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean and All,

I wanted to add to my last post as we can take this even another step further.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. 7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith…39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: 40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

God’s word gives us a clear understanding as to what the meaning is behind God being “all in all”, it is to be born of God, which specifically means to be born of His Spirit, which specifically means to have His Spirit aboding in you.

ALSO,

God’s word gives us a clear understanding as to what the meaning is behind becoming “heirs of God”, it is to be an heir of His Spirit, which specifically means to be born of His Spirit, which specifically means to have His Spirit aboding in you to the cause of righteousness, which also means that you are being led by the Spirit of God in all your ways and thus you are a Son of God. The Spirit dwelling in your spirit bears witness that you are a child of God because the fruit of His Spirit living in your spirit causes you to walk in all goodness, righteousness and truth. 

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

1 Chronicles 17:11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

There is a good reason why at the moment Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit he was declared to be God’s Son, because that equated him to being born of the Spirit, it equated him to becoming born of God where he would be led by the Spirit of God to walk in ALL of God’s ways and thus be an only begotten Son of God. Moreover such was God setting him apart an anointing (chrio becoming our christos) for him to be sent out into the world and be able to fulfill God’s will.

This anointed mortal man died, but he was raised promised to never die again and he was raised having received the promised Holy Spirit, he was born of the Spirit becoming an eternal heir and Son of God and why we are told that this was God fulfilling Psalms 2, “Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.” God also fulfilled His promise unto David, settling this resurrected Jesus into His House and His kingdom forever. As the anointed man Jesus said, one must be born of the Spirit to enter into God’s kingdom, which is exactly what occurred unto the man Jesus himself.

Berean
    Participant

@ Jodi

There is a good reason why at the moment Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit he was declared to be God’s Son, because that equated him to being born of the Spirit, it equated him to becoming born of God where he would be led by the Spirit of God to walk in ALL of God’s ways and thus be an only begotten Son of God. Moreover such was God setting him apart an anointing (chrio becoming our christos) for him to be sent out into the world and be able to fulfill God’s will. 

Me

We need to be born of the Spirit and to grow every day by the same Spirit BUT JESUS WAS NOT BORN OF THE SPIRIT AS YOU LEARNED ON THE DAY OF HIS BAPTISM. THE FATHER ACCEPTED HIS OFFERING AT HIS BAPTISM AT THAT TIME, BUT HE DID NOT BECOME SON OF GOD AT THAT TIME.
    HE WAS ALREADY SON OF GOD.

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: Hi Berean and All,

I wanted to add to my last post as we can take this even another step further.

Jodi, START WITH THIS VERSE THEN HEREUNDER, 

AND TAKE THIS EVEN STEPS FURTHER AND EXPAND SHOW US THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN

HEIRS OF GOD AND

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST!

Romans8:17 And if children, then heirs;

heirs of God,

and joint-heirs with Christ;

if so be that we suffer with him,

that we may be also glorified together.

A SON IS ALWAYS JOINT HEIRS WITH HIS FATHER Jodi,

ONLY JESUS IS JOINT HEIR WITH GOD THE FATHER!

THUS IN OUR CASE WE ARE ONLY

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

OUR FIRST LOVE!

OUR GOD AND FATHER OF THE  HUMAN RACE!John17:2,

John 20:17….. I ascend to my Father and to your Father, to my God and your God.

WE WOULD NEVER BE JOINT HEIRS WITH GOD THE FATHER, AS

THE FATHER IS SPIRIT!

AND WE AS HUMANS REJECTED GOD THE FATHER IN THE GARDEN, AND RECEIVED SATAN AS OUR FATHER!

John8:44 You are of your father the devil, ….

The Father is the husbandman,

JESUS IS THE VINE AND WE ARE ITS BRANCHES!

NO JESUS NO GOD FOR US ! READ:

John15:1I AM the true vine;

and my Father is the husbandman. 2Every branch in me, that beareth not fruit,

he will take away:

and every one that beareth fruit, he will purge it,

that it may bring forth more fruit.

3Now you are clean by reason of THE WORD,

which I have spoken to you.

4Abide in me, and I in you.

As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine,

so neither can you, unless you abide in me.

5I am the vine; you the branches:

he that abideth in me, and I in him,

the same beareth much fruit:

for without me you can do nothing. 

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……..My “first love” ,  is not Jesus,  but God the Father ,  you have the same problem as the Church of  Ephesus .  Jesus   said (not me) ….. “Rev 2:3-4….and has borne, and hast patience, and for “MY” [JESUS’] NAMESAKE SAKE  have labored , and has not fainted.  Nevertheless I have somewhat against you, because you have left your “FIRST LOVE”.   That “FIRST LOVE”, for God the Father, was replaced for Jesus , just as you and nearly all Christianity has done today.

Therefore hear the words of God of Father saying,  “I am against you”, why?,   because you have moved the first love for me and given it to Jesus.  Unless you repent you will and are rejected by “GOD THE FATHER”.   

repent Carmel and all who have did this,  or you will not be excepted into the kingdom of God.

peace and love to you all and yours………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

So many things to lay out.

We are promised to be heirs of God, heirs of righteousness, to be made perfect. We are promised to receive the Spirit to the cause that we walk in all of God’s ways. 

The fruit of the Spirit is in ALL goodness, righteousness and truth and within we see many other fruits including, “love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance”.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit…8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Berean, can we agree that God gives His Spirit in measure to people according to His will and good pleasure, where people are born of certain fruits of the Spirit, but OUR HOPE is to have GOD ALL IN US TO THE CAUSE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, whereby such we are MADE PERFECT having the Spirit of God in us to the cause that we walk in ALL His ways?

By God’s calling we are born of the Spirit of faith, which Paul teaches that such is counted as our righteousness, where then we are counted worthy to receive the promised inheritance. 

When Jesus said that a man must be born of the Spirit to enter into God’s kingdom we can see from other passages that we must be born of the Spirit of faith to then receive THE PROMISED INHERITANCE which is to enter into God’s kingdom being born of the Spirit to the cause where we cannot sin, where we are made perfect in righteousness. 

Berean
    Participant

Therefore hear the words of God of Father saying,  “I am against you”, why?,   because you have moved the first love for me and given it to Jesus.  Unless you repent you will and are rejected by “GOD THE FATHER”.

Me

It’s impossible to love God without loving Christ SO MUCH, THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD WHO WAS MADE FLESH FOR US.
    John 1:[18] No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

If you love God the Father, you ALSO love HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON.

TO LOSE FIRST LOVE, IS TO LOSE OUR LOVE FOR GOD AND FOR CHRIST AND OUR NEIGHBOR, IS TO FALL INTO Lukewarmness OR FANATICISM…OR COLDNESS AND RIGIDITY.
    WITHOUT LOVE, WE ARE NOTHING.

I AGAIN, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REALLY LOVE GOD WITHOUT LOVING CHRIST.
    WHEN YOU LOVE ONE YOU LOVE THE OTHER.

JESUS SAID: HE WHO SEES ME, SEES THE FATHER.

JESUS IS THE REFLECTION OF THE GLORY OF THE FATHER, THE VERY IMPRESSION OF HIS PERSON.
    👇

“the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person”(v.3)

🙏

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Carmel……..My “first love” ,  is not Jesus,  but God the Father , 

John3:28 You yourselves do bear me witness, that I said, I am not Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29He that hath the bride, is the bridegroom:…..

Gene, WE ARE THE BRIDE!

JESUS IS THE BRIDEGROOM NOT THE FATHER!

OUR FIRST LOVE  AS THE BRIDE IS JESUS!

John3:35 The Father loveth the Son:

and he hath given all things into his hand.

John14:6 Jesus saith to him:

I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Jesus is between the Father and humanity!

NO JESUS NO GOD FOR HUMANITY

Viewing 20 posts - 23,961 through 23,980 (of 25,893 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account