JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 23,501 through 23,520 (of 25,922 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You: Yes Carmel, you have one thing right,

God is our savior!

ME:  Wait, wait, Jodi, read again what I posted please:

Only in that manner,

IT COULD BE ACCOMPLISHED BY GOD HIMSELF, AND BECOMING ONE OF US TO REDEEM US.

NOW LET’S SAY YOU DID READ MY POST, OF WHICH I REALLY DOUBT THAT YOU EVER DID READ IT, NEVERTHELESS,

WITH RESPECT TO MY POST, SPECIFICALLY SPEAKING,

IN/BY WHAT MANNER GOD THE FATHER ACCOMPLISHED BOTH CREATION AND REDEMPTION?

I REPEAT BE SPECIFIC AND IN DETAIL PLEASE.

YOU: Where you are in error however though is with relevant biblical facts.

Me: The above Jodi is not sufficient, ONLY SCRIPTURE JUSTIFIES YOUR UNDERSTANDING, SO SIMPLY PICK ANY PART OF MY POST AND CONTRADICT ME USING SCRIPTURE PLEASE!

IN THE MEANTIME MINE POST STANDS.

You: Jesus’s God and Father who is our God and Father is our savior,

Me: In the above, Jodi, with every respect, UNLESS YOU EXPLAIN HOW GOD IS OUR FATHER, YOU DON’T REALLY ASSERT THAT YOU KNOW WHAT THE TERM

GOD AND FATHER MEANS IN RELATION TO HUMANITY IN FLESH AND BLOOD.

You: He saved us according to His plan.

ME: EXCELLENT!

Yes according to His plan, WHAT PLAN PLEASE?

Read again please WHAT I WROTE TO Gene, which disturbed your CARNAL MINDED UNDERSTANDING, with every respect,   and contradict me please using scripture.

On the other hand, I will EXPLAIN WHAT GOD’S PLAN IS, ALWAYS  SUBJECT TO THE HOLY SPIRIT.

BUT THAT IN THE NEXT POST!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi and Gene,

Continue from my last post.

You: He established before the world was, even the man Jesus of Nazareth shedding his blood to pay for our sins was determined by our God and Father from the beginning.

Me: Correction, No not from the beginning but BEFORE THE BEGINNING,

AS GOD IN ALL HIS TASKS AD INTRA, HAS NO BEGINNING Jodi, and the beginning is NOT a reference to God AD INTRA, but to His work AD EXTRA. The fact that Jesus is BEFORE ALL and the beginning of ALL THE BEGINNINGS OF GOD’S WORK AD EXTRA. Colossians 1:17, 18,

Jesus, Jodi,  PRE-EXISTED as the only genuine IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD, Colossians 1:15,

THE ONLY AND UNIQUE EMBODIMENT OF GOD, ONE SUBSTANCE WITH THE FATHER, John10:30, Hebrews 1:3, John14:7, 10. 

Philippians  2:6  Who being in the FORM of God, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL with God:

Jodi, THE FATHER, AND THE SON ARE INSEPARABLE AND IN THE SAME INSTANT DISTINCT, CONJOINED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, as you shall read further down.

NOW READ AND DISCERN THE PURE TRUTH.

John3:13And NO MAN hath ascended into heaven,

BUT HE THAT DESCENDED FROM HEAVEN.

THE SON OF MAN,

WHO IS IN HEAVEN.

Jodi, JESUS IN THE ABOVE, SIMPLY REVEALED THE BIG MYSTERY OF HIS DIVINITY,

JESUS SIMPLY DECLARED THAT HE, THE SON OF MAN, TO BE CLEAR,

A UNIQUE HUMAN BEING, IN GOD’S TERMS, PRE-EXISTED AS MAN, CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, AND IN THE SAME INSTANT REMAINED IN HEAVEN!

ALSO JESUS NEVER CAME DOWN ALONE, BUT THE FATHER, SPIRIT, INDWELLING  IN THE HOLY GHOST, GOD’S SOUL, EMBODIED TOGETHER IN THE SON, TO BE CLEAR;

The Father, SPIRIT, in the Holy Ghost, THE SOUL, both in Jesus, THE SON OF MAN “THE WORD” MADE FLESH.  THE FLESH OF GOD, BEFORE THE WORLD WAS.

THE FACT THAT GOD CREATED THE MAN IN HIS IMAGE IN

SPIRIT, SOUL, AND FLESH. Well asserted ALSO in

Colossians 2:9 For IN HIM dwelleth all THE FULLNESS of the Godhead CORPOREALLY;

THE GODHEAD Jodi , IS/ARE INSEPARABLE AND IN THESAME INSTANT DISTINCT.

Now, Jodi whether  you believe it or not it’s your pigeon, but

JESUS PRE-EXISTED, AS THE ONLY EMBODIMENT OF GOD BEFORE THE BEGINNING.

well clear in

Isaiah 42 :1 BEHOLD my servant, I will uphold him: my elect,

MY SOUL DELIGHTETH IN HIM: I HAVE given my spirit upon him,…..

Jodi, “I HAVE GIVEN”  present perfect tense, and it is a tense used for PAST actions that are related to or continue into THE PRESENT. as clear as crystal, Jodi and Gene!

JESUS PRE-EXISTED!

Now just read this scripture and discern the pure truth, in:

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me,

and hear this:

I have not spoken in secret from the beginning:

Jodi, WHO SPOKE FROM THE BEGINNING,

ISN’T IT JESUS, AS THE WORD SPOKEN OF GOD?

Thus BEFORE THE BEGINNING, God EMBODIED IN THE MAN JESUS, AD INTRA, determined everything, then, JESUS EMPTIED HIMSELF, ORIGINALLY IN THE FORM OF GOD AD INTRA, THE EMBODIMENT OF GOD, THE UNIQUE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD , THAN  OCCURRED THE BIG BANG, THE FIRST-EVER BEGINNING, ATTENTION PLEASE 

AD EXTRA: John 1:1 IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word WAS with God, and the Word was God.

THE FATHER IN THE SON and VICE VERSA.

REFLECT NOW AND CARRY ON READING Isaiah 48:16 HEREUNDER:

from the time before it was done,

What was done? OBVIOUS, THE BEGINNING  NO?

Thus before the beginning was DONE Colossians1:17

Attention please:

I WAS THERE,

OBVIOUS; THE BEGINNING and IN THE BEGINNING!

From the above, we are emphatically aware that Jesus pre-existed!

HE WAS THERE BEFORE IT WAS DONE, THE BEGINNING,  HE WAS THERE IN THE BEGINNING, AND AFTERWARD, HE WAS THERE WHEN AN EXTRAORDINARY OCCURRENCE HAPPENED, BY WHICH OCCURRENCE, JESUS EMPTIED HIMSELF! WHY YOU MIGHT ASK, CARRY ON READING,

and now the Lord God hath sent ME, and HIS SPIRIT.

NOTICE: THE PRESENT PERFECT TENSE AGAIN, A TASK IN HE PAST RELATED AND ONTO THE PRESENT.

OK? Jodi and Gene, GOD SENT JESUS, THE SON OF GOD, IN THE HOLY GHOST AS THE SOUL OF GOD, JESUS’ DIVINE NATURE, AND JESUS, THE SON OF MAN, “THE WORD” MADE FLESH, AS THE FLESH OF GOD,  JESUS’HUMAN NATURE RESPECTIVELY IN THE PROCESS OF THE CREATION OF THIS WORLD. SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD Rev.13:8

WHAT WAS/IS THE PLAN OF GOD?

More to come!

Proclaimer
    Participant

There is God and there is creation. The beginning is creation. Before the cosmos, there was God and the Word that was with him. But God is supreme and eternal, thus existed before all others. But someone had to be the first to be with God. Such would rightly be called the Son of God.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Proclaimer,

You: But someone had to be the first to be with God.

Me: Now, YES, who is THIS SOMEONE THOUGH?

DEFINITELY AD INTRA , within the deity, AND NOT AD EXTRA outside the deity/creation, OR ELSE,

GOD COULD IN NO WAY BE OUR SAVIOUR AT ALL!

AS SIMPLE AS THAT,

SINCE HE HAD TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE WITH HIM AND BE INSEPARABLE!

BEFORE THE  FIRST EVER BEGINNING!

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me,

and hear this:

I have not spoken in secret from the beginning:

from the time before it was done,

What was done? OBVIOUS, THE BEGINNING  NO?

Thus before the beginning was DONE Colossians1:17

Attention please:

I WAS THERE,

THE FACT THAT GOD HAS NO BEGINNING, AS HE IS ETERNAL, someone else had to be for God, attention please: 

IN ORDER FOR GOD TO HAVE A BEGINNING AND ALSO BE THE FIRST, BUT NOT OF HIMSELF EXCEPT AND UNLESS THROUGH

HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON

JESUS CHRIST!

NO FATHER NO SON, NO SON NO FATHER!

INSEPARABLE AND IN THE SAME INSTANT 

DISTINCT!

Hebrews 7:1 For this Melchisedech was king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him: 2To whom also Abraham divided the tithes of all: who first indeed by interpretation, is king of justice: and then also king of Salem, that is, king of peace: (Isaiah 9:6)

3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy,

having neither beginning of days nor end of life,

but likened unto the Son of God,

continueth a priest forever.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This is how some early apostles / teachers put it. See if you can see the common theme they teach regarding the differences between God and the Son of God.

Justin Martyr (ca. 150 A.D) – First Apology

And when we say also that the Word, who is the firstborn of God, was brought forth without sexual union, and that he, Jesus Christ, our Teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven… (21).

Jesus Christ is the only proper Son who has been begotten by God, being His Word and first-begotten. (23).

And the first power after God the Father and Lord of all is the Word, who is also the Son; and of Him we will, in what follows, relate how He took flesh and became man. (32).

We have been taught that Christ is the firstborn of God (46).

Tatian (165 A.D)

God was in the beginning, but the beginning, we have been taught, is the power of the Word. For the Lord of the universe, who is Himself the necessary basis of all being, inasmuch as no creature was yet in existence, was alone, but inasmuch as He was all powerful, Himself the necessary ground of things visible and invisible, with Him were all things; with Him, by Word-power, the Word himself also, who was in Him, subsists. And by His simple will the Word sprang forth, and the Word, not coming forth in vain, became the firstbegotten work of the Father . Him [the Word] we know to be the Beginning of the world (cf. Rev. 3:14). But He came into being by participation, not by cutting off, for what is cut off is separated from the original substance, but that which comes by participation, making its choice of function, does not render him deficient from whom it is taken. For just as from one torch many fires are lighted, but the light of the first torch is not lessened by the kindling of many torches, so the Word, coming forth from the Word-Power of the Father, has not divested of the Word-Power Him who begat Him.

Theophilus of Antioch (ca. 175 A.D)

And He is without beginning, since He is unbegotten; and He is unchangeable, because He is immortal. And he is called God… He is Lord, because He rules over the universe, Father, because He is before all things, Fashioner and Maker, because He is Creator and Maker of the cosmos, the Highest, because of His being above all, and Almighty, because He Himself rules and embraces all. 

God made all things out of nothing, for nothing was coexisting with God, but He being His own place, and wanting nothing, and existing before the ages, willed to make man by whom He might be known, for him, therefore, He prepared the world. For he that is created is also needy, but He that is uncreated stands in need of nothing. God, then, having His own Word internal within His own bosom, begat him, emitting him along with His own wisdom before all things. He had this Word as a helper in the things that were created by Him, and by him He made all things. He [the Word] is called “the Beginning” [arche],1 because he rules, and is Lord of all things fashioned by him. He, then, being Spirit of God, and arche, and wisdom, and Power of The Highest, came down upon the prophets, and through them spoke of the creation of the world and of all other things.

Irenaeus (ca. 185 A.D)

Now, that this God is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Paul the apostle also has declared, “There is One God, the Father, who is above all, and through all, and in all. (Book II, 2).

Beyond the primary Father, therefore, that is, the God who is over all… (Book II, 8).

These [Apostles] have all declared to us that there is One God, Creator of heaven and earth, announced by the law and the prophets and one Christ the Son of God. If any one do not acknowledge these truths, he despises the companions of the Lord, and more, he despises Christ himself the Lord, and he even despises also the Father, and stands self-condemned, resisting and opposing his own salvation, as is the case with all heretics. (Book III, 1).

‘Wherefore I do also call upon You, LORD God of Abraham, and God of Isaac, and God of Jacob and Israel [YAHWEH], who is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the God who, through the abundance of Your mercy, have favored us, 

Clement of Alexandria (ca. 200)

The Son is the power of God, as being the Father’s most ancient Word before the making of all things. (Stromata, Book VII, 2).

Now the energy of the Lord has a relationship to the Almighty, and the Son is, so to speak, an energy of the Father. (Stromata, Book VII, 2).

The One Only Almighty, Good God from eternity to eternity saving by His Son. (Stromata, Book VII, 2).

He is the true only-begotten, the express image of the glory of the Universal King and Almighty Father…. [the only-begotten] the Second Cause. (Stromata, Book VII, 3; Clement shortly after refers to the Father as the “First Cause”).

This is the true athlete: the one who in the great stadium, the fair world, is crowned for the true victory over all the passions. For He who prescribes the contest is the Almighty God, and He who awards the prize is the only-begotten Son of God. (Stromata, Book VII, 17).

Origen

“We next notice John’s use of the article [“the”] in these sentences. He does not write without care in this respect, nor is he unfamiliar with the niceties of the Greek tongue. In some cases he uses the article [“the”], and in some he omits it. He adds the article [“the”] to logos, but to the name of theos he adds it sometimes only. He uses the article [“the”], when the name of theos refers to the uncreated cause of all things, and omits it when the logos is named theos. Does the same difference which we observe between theos with the article [“the], and theos without it, prevail also between logos with it and without it? We must enquire into this. As God who is over all is theos with the article [“the”] not without it, so also “the” logos is the source of that logos (reason} which dwells in every reasonable creature; the logos which is in each creature is not, like the former called par excellence “the” logos. Now there are many who are sincerely concerned about religion, and who fall here into great perplexity. They are afraid that they may be proclaiming two theos (gods), and their fear drives them into doctrines which are false and wicked. Either they deny that the Son has a distinct nature of His own besides that of the Father, and make Him whom they call the Son to be theos all but the name, or they deny the divinity of the Son, giving Him a separate existence of His own, and making His sphere of essence fall outside that of the Father, so that they are separable from each other. To such persons we have to say that God on the one hand is autotheos (God of Himself); and so the Saviour says in His prayer to the Father, “That they may know You the only true God; “but that all beyond the autotheos (God) is made theos by participation in His divinity, and is not to be called simply “the” theos but rather theos. And thus the first-born of all creation, who is the first to be with God, and to attract to Himself divinity, is a being of more exalted rank than the other theos (gods) beside Him, of whom “the” theos is “the” theos, as it is written, “The God of gods, the Lord, hath spoken and called the earth.”

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

I am not at all surprised that you remain SILENT and I don’t blame you!

HUMBLY SPEAKING,

AFTER ALL, YOU ARE DISCUSSING THESE THINGS WITH

THE HOLY GHOST IN ME!

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand,

that no man, speaking by the Spirit of God, saith Anathema to Jesus.

And no man can say the Lord Jesus, but by the Holy Ghost.

Mark 13:11 And when they shall lead you and deliver you up,

be not thoughtful beforehand what you shall speak; but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye.

For it is not you that speak, but the Holy Ghost. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

My father passed away recently and between work which is extremely stressful and grieving and preparing his celebration of life with my mom I haven’t had much time or the strength to post.

I have a couple weeks off that starts this Friday, so I will have some time to post soon.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

YOU: Hi Carmel,

My father passed away recently and between work which is extremely stressful and grieving and preparing his celebration of life with my mom I haven’t had much time or the strength to post.

I have a couple weeks off that starts this Friday, so I will have some time to post soon

Me: TERRIBLY SORRY TO HEAR THAT.

PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES!

Lightenup
    Participant

Jodi,

I’m so sorry for your loss of your father.  I’ll be praying for you and your family.

LU

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Word was WITH God.

Something was WITH God before the cosmos.

Then we are taught that Jesus Christ is with God now, and in the glory he had with the Father before the cosmos.

Deal with it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi…….Sorry for you and your families loss,  Sis,   “may the LORD bless you and keep you, may he make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you, may he lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.”.  Especially in this time of great sorrow. 

Peace and love to you and yours Jodi………..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

All the best Jodi.

I hope he is with the LORD.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Proclaimer,

YOU: The Word was WITH God.

Then we are taught that Jesus Christ is with God now, and in the glory he had with the Father before the cosmos.

Deal with it.

I ALREADY DID IN THE POST#941611 ADDRESSED TO Jodi and Gene.

Nevertheless

Let’s DEAL WITH IT AND BE MORE SPECIFIC FOR THE SAKE OF TRUTH.

You: Something was WITH God before the cosmos.

John 1:1 IN the beginning was the Word,

and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

ME: The introduction of John1:1 says:

IN the beginning was the Word,

What is this beginning mentioned above?

GOD HAS NO BEGINNING HE IS ETERNAL.

Colossians 1: 1 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For in him were all things created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominations, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him and in him. 17 And he is before all, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he may hold the primacy:

Reading John 1:1 and also Colossians above, Jesus is THE BEGINNING, THE FIRST, BEFORE ALL, CREATOR OF ALL, and most vital,

HE WAS GOD in John1:1, and

THE  IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD IN COLOSSIANS 1:1!

HE WAS ALSO THE FORM OF GOD in Philippians 2:6 and

THE SHAPE OF GOD in John5:37

Let’s start from:

THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD IN COLOSSIANS 1:1!

Now an image is a visual representation of something.

GOD IS ETERNAL, SO ALSO HIS IMAGE, HIS VISUAL REPRESENTATION IS ETERNAL, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FACT THAT, SINCE GOD A SPIRIT BEING, WAS ON HIS OWN, ALL BY HIMSELF IN HIS OWN UNIQUE GLORY, AD-INTRA THERE WAS NO NEED TO MANIFEST HIMSELF. NO? 

NOW IF JESUS IS THIS UNIQUE IMAGE, THIS VISUAL REPRESENTATION OF THE INVISIBLE GOD, HE IS ALSO ETERNAL IN ONE SAME GLORY WITH GOD! John17:5 IN THE FORM OF GOD, Philippians 2:6, and THE SHAPE OF GOD! John5:37

To conclude: JESUS PRE-EXISTED AS THE PHYSICAL IMAGE OF GOD, THE UNIQUE EMBODIMENT OF GOD! ATTENTION PLEASE:

GODMAN!

JESUS CHRIST BEFORE ALL. Colossians 1:17

SO NOW, we are in the position to conclude that the beginning,

THE VERY FIRST-EVER BEGINNING was

WHEN GOD, A SPIRIT BEING, FOR THE FIRST-EVER TIME HAD A BEGINNING AND POSSESSED A PHYSICAL IMAGE,

HIS PHYSICAL EMBODIMENT, HIS CARRIER AND WAS MANIFESTED IN THE ENTIRE INFINITE EXISTENCE, PLUS THAT

GOD SAW HIMSELF MOVING FOR THE FIRST-EVER TIME. AD-EXTRA In simple terms IN:

JESUS CHRIST,

GODMAN

John17:3 Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee,

THE ONLY TRUE GOD,(SPIRIT) AND JESUS CHRIST.( PHYSICAL)

5 And now glorify thou me, O Father, with THYSELF,

WITH THE GLORY WHICH I HAD, before the world was, with thee.

In simple terms:

JESUS CHRIST,

GODMAN.

FROM THEN ON, SINCE GOD MANIFESTED HIMSELF,

THE PRIMORDIAL LIGHT!

HE DID SO IN ORDER TO BE SEEN BY HIS CREATURES. WHICH WOULD BE ALSO ANOTHER

BEGINNING! AD-EXTRA

John1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I ALREADY DID IN THE POST#941611 ADDRESSED TO Jodi and Gene.

This wasn’t aimed at you. It was aimed at anyone who doesn’t believe that the Word was WITH God.

Jodi
    Participant

Thank you for the kind words regarding my dad’s passing.

We had a wonderful Celebration of Life for him, many tears but a lot of laughter too.

He had strong faith and couldn’t wait for Christ’s return, believing the time could be soon upon us. I know I will see him again, it will be a glorious day for so many reasons!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi…….Your dad is right, the time of Jesus return is very near, and you will see him again , I believe less then ten years.

Never forget Jodi, “there is another day”,  peace and love to you and your Jodi……..gene

Jodi
    Participant

Thank you Gene! Yes, less then 10 years sounds about right to me, things are getting pretty sick and crazy!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Being with the LORD is better than being here.

Anyway, I’m not a gambling man, but Isaac Newton puts the date around 2060. I think that sounds more reasonable to me.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU:

Of course the name of THE SON OF GOD “IN THE BEGINNING” was not Jesus, for Jesus is his name WHEN HE WAS MADE FLESH.
    BUT HIS NAME IN THE BEGINNING IS “THE WORD OF GOD”, BECAUSE IT IS HE WHO SPOKEN IN THE BEGINNING TO CREATE HEAVEN AND EARTH and all things.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: [17] And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

THIS IS THE PURE TRUTH

ME: Your understanding contradicts many other passages, is based on bad interpretation of scriptures where you leave out surrounding context, and where you choose to also ignore and not apply pertinent passages, so it does not come close to measuring up to any sort of “PURE TRUTH” what so ever.

1 John 1:1-2 is to be directly applied to John 1:1 ,whereby it provides the correct understanding of John 1:1.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2 For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was WITH the Father, and was manifested unto us.

The Father raised Jesus from the dead and gave him eternal life and many were a witness that the Word that was WITH God from the beginning was made true in the man Jesus.

In the beginning was the Word (eternal life) and the Word was WITH God and the Word was God.

God Himself is Eternal and With Him from the beginning was HIS WORD, HIS PROMISE of Eternal Life unto mankind. That Word was manifested unto those who saw the resurrected Jesus and who touched the flesh of the resurrected Jesus whereby such hope was given to our own resurrection and to our own receiving of eternal life.

Please stop ignoring the surrounding text,

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name WRITTEN, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is CALLED the word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name WRITTEN, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Berean, you are denying that God’s WORD spoken by the prophets, that had been WITH God before the world began, was of a man who would receive God’s Spirit and by that Spirit he would judge the world in righteousness where he does such as a ruler over all the earth. The name that is WRITTEN is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, to WHICH IS 100% God’s GIVEN WORD.

Here it is, the WORD OF GOD also given in Revelation,

Isaiah 11: 1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

The name that is WRITTEN, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS is rightfully CALLED the word of God. 

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is CALLED the word of God…16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name WRITTEN, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

2 Timothy 1: 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Romans 5: 15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Our Heavenly Father created all things BY reason of and for JESUS CHRIST, without the anointed Jesus who would bring forth salvation, nothing would have been made that was made.

Jesus did not create all things for himself Berean. 

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that GOD HATH MADE that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You want to tell me that Jesus is God and he MADE himself a lord of lords whereupon he has dominion overall?

Psalms 89:27 Also I will MAKE him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

Did Jesus MAKE himself a firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth?

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Daniel 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: 22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

Isaiah 11: 1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

ALL THINGS Berean, including thrones and dominions, not just that which was made in the beginning, ALL THINGS, think about that for a minute. 

With God before the world began was not just the promise of God MAKING man eternal but we are directly given that a man would be MADE our Christ, such was in His WORD before the world began, a man who would be MADE a Son of God, who would die on the cross bringing forth salvation and be given an eternal throne MADE a king to rule overall the earth.

1 Chronicles 17:11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

All things were made BY reason of and FOR Jesus Christ.

Berean
    Participant

The Father raised Jesus from the dead and gave him eternal life and many were a witness that the Word that was WITH God from the beginning was made true in the man Jesus.

This IS NOT written THAT Jesus had received ” eternal LIFE” when the Father raised Him BECAUSE

IN THE BIGINNING HE WAS GOD AND  👉John 1:4 “In him was life; and the life was the light of men.”  

He is the ONLY SON OF GOD BEGOTTEN IN THE DAYS OF ETERNITY(Mich.5:2/John 3:16)

👉John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 👈

When HE WAS BEGOTTEN BY THE FATHER, HE received LIFE IN HIMSELF.

THIS IS A DIVINE LIFE

Viewing 20 posts - 23,501 through 23,520 (of 25,922 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account