JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 21,861 through 21,880 (of 25,931 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi….apsolutely right. They just don’t get it. Good to see you back Jodi.

Peace and love to you and yours…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…..If you know how many time  you counterdict your own words , which proves you lack the Spritual understanding of scriptures, you make one statement after the otber then change then around to suit your false teachings.  Look Jesus said over 80 times he was a Son of (from) Mankind.  He also was a Son of God, because of the receiving of the Holy Spirit, at the Jordan river , there he was born again he was also born of  God the Fathe,  placing the semon of the  human  flesh of King David  in his mother Mary , that’s  when he  came into existence as a human being or for that matter any existence he ever had.

He was not a preexisting being of any kind being  “Morphed”   into a flesh human being.  He was born again at the Jordan river after his baptism.   Just as he told us we must also be born again to. 

You deceived  false teachers,  spend all your time trying to make Jesus appear different then his human brothers and sisters ,   you take the Glory that belongs to God the Father And place it on the man Jesus, the True servant and son of God also, just like all the Saints of God are, everyone who has the anointing Spirit of the living God in them “are now the sons of t b e living God , right “NOW” that is if you truly believe in what the scriptures say,  we “ARE” HEIRS AND JOINT HEIRS WITH JESUS,   who is the “FIRST” born of “MANY” BRETHREN.  ALL true believers have just “One” God, and it sure isn’t the man Jesus.  That is not to say God was not in him, nor us also who have his holy spirit in us.  All those who have the Seed “spirit” of God in them are sons of God. That is if you truly believe Jesus and the scriptures. ALL of them put together, not just a few here and there, but all of them. 

All those lead by the Spirit of the truth see things alike, that how I know you are not of the truth Carmel. If you were of the truth you would hear the truth, just like Jesus does  and said,  those who have ears to hear let him hear what the SPIRIT” SAYS ,  unto the Churches,”

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the welcome back! I think it’s been a few months that I’ve been gone but it seems like discussions are right where I left off.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@genebalthrop

Gene, you always say Jesus was a man.
    Well, I agree. Jesus was a man here on earth.
    He was not a ghost with a human shell.
    John 1:14 “The Word became flesh – man
    What is your point?

God bless,

Danny

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@t8

Here is LU’s post to you:

@Proclaimer

Welcome back, I hope you had a nice break.

I’m pasting an unanswered post of mine to you, asked originally on January 9th or thereabouts.

Hebrews 1

O Lord,

You laid the foundations of the earth,

and the heavens are the work of Your hands.

11They will perish, but You remain;

they will all wear out like a garment.

12You will roll them up like a robe;

like a garment they will be changed;

but You remain the same,

and Your years will never end.”

This OT passage gives further witness to that here:

Compare with Psalm 102

24I say, “O my God, do not take me away in the midst of my days,
    Your years are throughout all generations.

25“Of old You founded the earth,
    And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

26“Even they will perish, but You endure;
    And all of them will wear out like a garment;
    Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed.

27“But You are the same,
    And Your years will not come to an end.

PC, who is the Father identifying as the YHVH who founded the earth and the heavens are the work of His hands?

LU

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

John 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. 34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh THE WORDS of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: THE WORDS that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

Isaiah 46:9-11 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. 

Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began

Our “ONE God, the Father” SPOKE by the mouth of the prophets since the world began regarding raising up a horn of salvation from the house of David. This man, by GOD’S WORD that HE DECLARED FROM THE BEGINNING, would execute God’s purpose upon receiving God’s Spirit.

The WORD from the beginning was salvation unto eternal life that would come through a man executing God’s purpose to bring forth that salvation unto eternal life.

Without this WORD of salvation unto eternal life and the man within the WORD from the beginning who would fulfill it, nothing would have been made that was made. All things created were created by reason of this man and for this man (1 Cor 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.)

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

1 John 2:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

In seeing Jesus resurrected a man of flesh and bones, they knew that THE WORD of God from the beginning regarding their own promise of eternal life was TRUE.

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

In the beginning was the Word (eternal life), and the Word (eternal life) was with God, and the Word (eternal life) was God as God through His Spirit brings life. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made because of him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 

him, is the man of God’s WORD spoken by God from the beginning who would come and fulfill God’s WORD of bringing forth eternal life.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@Jodi

Hi Jodi, The Word in John 1 is Jesus Christ.

“The Word became flesh, and lived among us. We saw his glory, such glory as of the one and only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14

God bless,

Danny

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Danny,

“The Word became flesh, and lived among us. We saw his glory, such glory as of the one and only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14

My understanding to the above passage is this,

YHVH spoke to the prophet Isaiah where The Word given was that the son of Jesse would receive YHVH’s Spirit, the Spirit of Wisdom, Understanding, Council and Might, Knowledge and Reverence for YHVH. This is the glory that the people beheld as this Word was made true in the flesh of Jesus, where upon receiving the Spirit not by measure he was sent out into the world.

We are told in the beginning of Luke 4 that Jesus left the river Jordan having been filled with the Spirit and also Jesus later in the chapter reveals that The Word of God given to the prophet Isaiah was indeed made true in him, a man of flesh.

Jesus received the Spirit without measure for the purpose of being sent out to declare the truth where he did so with grace and the people beheld his glory as he likewise through the Spirit that was upon him, performed all manner of signs and miracles!

John 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. 34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh THE WORDS of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

At the river Jordan Jesus was born of the Spirit. He was the only mortal man to receive the Spirit not by measure, thus he can rightfully be called God’s only begotten Son.

When the Spirit descended upon Jesus like a dove God declared at that very moment, “Thou art my beloved Son”. This is because Jesus was begotten of God’s Spirit.

John 1:32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

I identify Jesus as God’s Son because the Spirit descended and remained upon him.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: Carmel…..Again you take liberties to change some scriptures to meet your false teachings,

ME:Gene PRODUCE AT LEAST ONE NOT JUST SAY SO PLEASE!

your not taking into consideration all the scriptures that counterdict  your teachings. 

AGAIN PRODUCE AT LEAST ONE SCRIPTURE  AND JUSTIFY YOURSELF PLEASE!

Why not just take one thin at a time for a change and let’s talk about that,

WHY NOT PICK ONE SENTENCE AND CONTRADICT ME USING SCRIPTURE?

Peace and love i Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

JODY

REVELATION 19 GIVE IDENTITY OF “THE WORD”

THIS IS JESUS CHRIST

HIS VESTURE WAS DIPPED IN THE BLOOD ….

REVELATION 1

Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

“his name is called The Word of God” does not prove “The Word” from John 1:1 must then be Jesus.

The fact of the matter is, we can read multiple scriptures that say, “THE WORD” as well as multiple scriptures that say, “THE WORD OF GOD”, where they represent different truths, different declarations, and different promises.

The Word is that which our ONE God the Father SPEAKS, and that which is SPOKEN cannot be undone, for THE WORD OF GOD IS THE ALL POWERFUL SPIRIT of our ONE God the Father.

Isaiah 49:
    1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. 2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; 3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. 4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God. 5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength. 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. 

2 Thes 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 

Revelation 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 

Acts 2:32-33This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and  he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 

Hebrews 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called  The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. 

Berean, Jesus being given a name called “The Word of God” has everything to do with him being the son of Jesse whom God promised to rest his Spirit upon, and by that Spirit out of the mouth of Jesus comes a sword, “the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:”

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

REVELATION 19.13 IS VERY CLEAR
    IT IS ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
    AS FOR JEAN 1
    WHAT YOU SAY DOESN’T COME FROM TRUE GOD.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……What Jodi has written is apsolutely right,  she produced the actual scriptures that back up ever thing she has posted ,  it’s not her your are rejecting,   it’s the very words of the scriptures she quoted to you.

God’s words are “his words”, Just as your words are your words only, and no one else’s.  SO it is with our “only” true God,  his Words Are His “Alone”, no matter who Quotes them to us,  whether it’s a prophet,  or Jesus his son, or even you or I,  no one can claim them as there “own” words,  not even Jesus, that is why He said in revelations , “to him that has ears to hear let him hear what the “SPIRIT” is saying to the Churches”.   Didn’t you notice he did not say what “I”  am saying to the churches did he? 

Hebrew’s plainly tell us that “God “SPOKE”  in times past unto us through the prophets, has in these latter days spoken unto us “Through” a Son.  It was the same God Speaking “through” both the prophets and the son.  So neither the prophets nor the Son was God, nor his Word, themselves. They were messengers GOD WAS SPEAKING THROUGH, by his “Anointing Spirit” that was in them.  

Jesus “clearly said this, “the WORDS, I am telling you are “NOT” MY WORDS, but the words of him that sent me. 

When are you going to actually believe what Jesus himself and scripture says,  Berean?  Did not Jesus clearly say , “MANY” will come and said I am the Christ and “DECEIVE MANY”. One of the big deceptions is that Jesus “himself” is the word of God,  that is just one of them , and that Jesus “is” God , and that he “prexisted” his birth on this earth , are just a few more big deceptions , the apostate churches have come up with.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning Berean,

Yes Rev 19:13 is about Jesus Christ and in my post I made that very clear.

My point with the scriptures I gave was that Jesus being given a name that is called “The Word of God”, has everything to do with the verses that come directly after verse 13, specifically verse 15. So in other words, we are given what his name is called, directly relates to.

You are not the only one who has pulled verse 13 out from it’s surrounding context and said, look here this verse tells us “The Word” in John 1:1 is Jesus.

Now if you want to take verses 13-15 and show how they together relate to John 1:1 then go right ahead.

However any attempt to do so just creates contradiction making the bible a work of confusion.

The scriptures I gave, Isaiah 11 and 49, show that Jesus was not in the beginning as The Word, as he didn’t even exist in the beginning for he was formed (yatsar- created) from his mother’s womb, where The Word of God in prophecy says that he was going to come from the seed of Jesse.

What is inarguable is that we have many scriptures that directly tell us that Jesus was most definitely IN THE WORD OF GOD from the beginning.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Revelation was written Before epistols AND gospel OF John.

So In Revelation19 :13 Jésus IS CALLED” THE WORD OF GOD”

AND IN JOHN 1 HE IS CALLED :” THE WORD”

JESUS, THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD IS THE FIRST ONE CHANNEL BY WHOM GOD SPOK AND CREATED THE     WORLD.

HE IS ALL THAT THE FATHER IS

THEY ARE ONE IN TWO PERSONS

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All, 

As said prior, the fact of the matter is, we can read multiple scriptures that say, “THE WORD” as well as multiple scriptures that say, “THE WORD OF GOD”, where they represent different truths, different declarations, and different promises.

Our ONE God the Father’s Spirit is All Powerful and through His Word His Power, His Truth, His Declarations and His Promises are revealed. 

Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Our Father gave The Word of life, a promise unto mankind of eternal life, even before the world began. The Word was made true unto the people who saw and handled Jesus when he rose from the dead. This gave them hope and faith in God for The Word was that Jesus would be a firstborn of many brethren.

Also The Word of God tells us that the son of Jesse who receives God’s Spirit would be for a light unto man, where this light would preach the Gospel and all who believed would be saved.

John 1 is about The Word of Eternal Life that was with our ONE God the Father from the beginning, where God Himself is the power behind that life.

John 1 is about The Word of God made true in the flesh where a son of Jesse was begotten of God’s Spirit and was sent out into the world to be for a light unto man, to make Sons of God. Without this light nothing would have been made that was made, all things were created by reason of this light. The people beheld his glory as he preached the truth that saved souls and as he performed mighty miraculous deeds through the Spirit that abode within him. God declared from the beginning a man who would come and execute The Word of Life that was also declared from the beginning. 

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@Jodi

Hi Jodi, Who came in the flesh?

words or Jesus Christ?

Jesus came in the flesh and “is” still coming in the flesh today. Christ in you the hope of glory (Col 1:27).

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

John uses the perfect tense here in Greek, meaning past action with continuing results in the present.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

I hope you are well 🙂

Regarding 1 John 2:23

Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.

From what I understand of your beliefs, you deny that there was a Son of God that existed in a living way in the image of his father, before creation.

It seems that you believe that the Son of God merely existed as a plan of God before creation and not as a living son.

Is that correct?

If that is true, you believe that there was a time when God was not a father. The plan to have a child does not make one a father. My 5 year old granddaughter plans to have a child someday but she is not a mother just because she plans on it. Surely you can agree to that??

Blessings, LU

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene,

You said:

Mary being the only women God had sex with that brought forth the “only begotten of God”, by God himself  in the womb of a women.

Gene, did you really mean to claim that God had sex with Mary?

A begetting is not always sexual Gene. It can be asexual, it can also be figurative.  It can also mean “brought forth” from one place to another.

For instance, according to what you say here:

The word “begotten” expresses a direct sexual action taken by someone through a sexual union taken in the womb of a female.

Consider this:

“You are my Son, today I have begotten you”?

According to you, did God “have sex with” a woman to make the firstborn from the dead?

Btw, the word “begotten” doesn’t mean “conceived” either.

LU

Berean
    Participant

Hi To all

God IS Love(Agapé)

Viewing 20 posts - 21,861 through 21,880 (of 25,931 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account