JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 21,821 through 21,840 (of 25,931 total)
  • Author
    Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@edj

There you go again.
    You think you are the only christian with the truth?
    Man, you are so puffed up with arrogance!

Ed J
    Participant

@edj

There you go again.
    You think you are the only christian with the truth?

Hi Danny,

Why are you going out of your way to badmouth me?
    A man that has told you the truth!

Ed J
    Participant

“For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man
    beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and
    goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
    25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth
    therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,
    this man shall be blessed in his deed.” (James 1:23-25)

Berean
    Participant

Edj

Hi Berean,

Are you claiming: that Jesus fathered Himself?
    “Yes” or “No” ?
    Will you please answer my question 

I GAVE YOU HEBREWS 1 AS ANSWER

JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD

BEGOTTEN BY THE FATHER

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
    [5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: This is not to even mention the many places that GOD THE FATHER HIMSELF SAID ,

” I AM GOD, and there is “NO” other GOD besides ME.  There is about ten places where God the Father said that in scripture. 

ME: Yes Gene, but the truth is that God the Father HIMSELF never proclaimed that

He is the ONLY TRUE GOD!

Gene, it would be very interesting if you were to explain first

WHY HE NEVER PROCLAIMED HIMSELF SO, and second,

WHY ONLY JESUS DID PROCLAIM THE FATHER SO ON EARTH?

Go ahead Gene, I, and others here would appreciate your perceptions.

By the way, Gene,

Read the scripture hereunder

Isaiah 45:14

Thus saith the Lord: (God the Father) The labour of Egypt, and the merchandise of Ethiopia, and of Sabaim, men of stature shall come over to thee, and shall be thine: they shall walk after thee, they shall go bound with manacles: and they shall worship thee, and shall make supplication to thee:

only in thee is God, and there is no God besides thee.

15Verily thou art a hidden God, the God of Israel the saviour.

God the Father Himself in the above scripture did proclaim that

JESUS IS GOD of Israel the saviour, and

THERE IS NO GOD BESIDE JESUS!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Edj

Hi Berean,

Are you claiming: that Jesus fathered Himself?
    “Yes” or “No” ?
    Will you please answer my question

No you didn’t, you answered your own question instead.
    Write a blog if you don’t want to address what others ask.

Now will you please answer my question?

“Yes” or “No”

Keep in mind I have asked you this question 5 times now

Lightenup
    Participant

Ed J, it is clear that his answer is “no,” but for some reason you can’t see that.

Berean
    Participant

Edj

Jesus did not begot himself
    It is the Father who begot him

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……I will explain it to you , let’s see if you can understand it.

The reason God the after never said he was the only God, is because the word GOD CAN APPLY TO ANYTHING THAT YOU TRUST IN FOR YOUR POWER.  The word GOD is a “descriptor” it’s any thing you trust in , your money, you government, your car, any leader , God is not a person it is the relation you have in something. That is why scriptures nearly always put it this way. “My God” , your God, the God of the HEBREWS, the God of the HITTITES, the God of this , or their God.  The word God is a “descriptor” describing your relation with something.

The original word for God, found is the Hebrew “pictorial” language,  it was drawn as a head of an “OX” with a Shepard’s staff leaning into it.  What it meant was the “power” (represented by the OX, they , the Israelites trusted and leaned on for support like the  “shepherds staff”.

You see God can truly be almost anything,  that represents the power you trust in. So the Gods of the pagans were idols, made up of wood , iron, stones, because that is what they trusted in for their powers. so there are many true Gods that exist for people everywhere.
    “BUT unto ‘us’ (the true believers) the is “ONE” GOD , his name is “YAHOVAH , and he said “You shall have no other God besides me”.  He is our God and Jesus’ God also.  We,  us and Jesus  put all of our hope and trust in his power to sustain us and resurrect us, and give us eternal life, he and he “ALONE” is “OUR” GOD. 

You people on the other hand have made Jesus your God, but Jesus has made God the Father his God, I would advise,  you and everyone else do the same.  Remember Jesus’ words , “this is eternal life that they might know you, ” THE “ONLY” “TRUE” GOD”, and also know Jesus who he has sent.

Hope this helped Carmel,  you see God is not the person or thing,  it is your “relationship” with something. The word God describes that relationship you have with it or him.

peace and love to you and yours……..gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@edj

badmouthing? Hypocrite!
    You called me twice a liar.
    You said stop the lying!
    I did not lie.
    I was fair to you. I said that there are biblical scholars on both sides.
    But you insisted and provoked me. Only you would know the truth.
    You are not fair.

Berean
    Participant

Hi To all

God bless

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: Hope this helped Carmel,

Gene read again what I asked you!

ME: Yes Gene, but the truth is that God the Father HIMSELF never proclaimed that

He is the ONLY TRUE GOD!

Gene, it would be very interesting if you were to explain first

WHY HE NEVER PROCLAIMED HIMSELF SO,( I mean TRUE)

I repeat again:

Gene, God the Father could never be in the position to proclaim himself as

TRUE

There’s nothing on earth that makes God the Father TRUE!

NOT EVEN IN HEAVEN AT ONE STAGE!

The fact that Lucifer took advantage of the situation and proclaimed himself to his angels that he is a God and he created them, simply as they were both subject to him and ONLY SAW HIM.  

Then I also asked you:

WHY ONLY JESUS DID PROCLAIM THE FATHER THE ONLY TRUE GOD ON EARTH?

NOW READ AGAIN WHAT JESUS SAID:

THAT THEY MIGHT KNOW YOU,….

ANSWER Gene:

WHAT DID JESUS DO SO THEY, ESPECIALLY THE FATHER’S ENEMIES 

might know that the Father is the only TRUE God?

OBVIOUS SOMETHING WHICH THE FATHER

COULD NEVER DO!

Gene, NO JESUS NO FATHER, NO FATHER NO JESUS!

THEY ARE ONE GOD,

NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FATHER IS BUT THE SON, AND NO ONE KNOW WHO THE SON IS BUT THE FATHER….

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU: Edj

Jesus did not begot himself
    It is the Father who begot him

DON’T RUSH TO CONCLUSIONS!

REFLECT PLEASE:

JESUS WAS BEGOTTEN FROM THE DEAD NO?

JESUS RAISED HIMSELF UP NO?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Hi Carmel

REFLECT PLEASE:
    Me
    First Application : Hebrews 1

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
    [5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Second application

Acts 13:33

God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Lightenup
    Participant

@Berean

Yes…your video nailed it on the head. Where can I find that video? That has been my main message on here and this picture is something that I found to most closely represent the notion of something coming from eternal existence that results in both a Father and an offspring, see here:

7DE6D9BC-833A-4831-9A0C-FC55BF4CF4AE

Imagine this as a picture of the eternal essence going from one, into two, resulting in a Father and a son, both from eternal essence and both identical to each other.

Blessings, LU

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…..did not Jesus say pray this way,  “Our” “Farther” who art in heaven?  When he used the term “OUR” was he not referring to himself also?  Not to even mention what Berean brought out. God the Father would have existed no matter if Jesus did or not . 

Your logic is not only none scriptural,  but shows your destorted views and lack of true scriptural understanding IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours………gene

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene,

What you said here is completely false:

God the Father would have existed no matter if Jesus did or not .

God would have existed no matter if the relationship of Father and Son existed or not. He would not have existed as “Father” though.

Fyi, nothing else would have existed without that which eternally existed becoming the relationship of both the Father and Son.

Think about it.

Blessings, LU

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Lu…….please show scriptures that say that, I know not one that says the Father would not have existed without Jesus,  I think you have It backward. Truth is, Jesus or any things else would not have  existed without the  only true God, the father of all creation.  Remember scripture that says, “though hast made him a little lower then the Angels”.  Please us scriptures to defend your teachings. 

Peace and love to you and your………gene

carmel
    Participant

carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU: Hi Carmel

REFLECT PLEASE:
    Me
    First Application : Hebrews 1
    Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
    [5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Second application

Acts 13:33

God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

ME: Berean, You produced two scriptures which are well known among all of us on heaven net.

But the thing that not all of us know and accept is

IT’S PROCESS IN THE ONENESS OF GOD!

BY WHICH DEED GOD IS IN THE POSITION TO BILOCATE AND MULTIPLY HIMSELF AS MUCH AS HE FEELS FIT.

Now to start with, in this post hereunder are scriptures associated with Jesus’

resurrection, of which only the first one is directed to Jesus as

the FIRST begotten of the dead

Rev.1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness,

the first begotten of the dead,……

John2:19 Jesus answered, and said to them:

Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20The Jews then said: Six and forty years was this temple in building; and wilt thou raise it up in three days? 

21But he spoke of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen again from the dead, his disciples remembered,

that he had said this, and they believed the scripture, and the word that Jesus had said.

John5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things which himself doth:

and GREATER works than these will he show him, that you

MAY WONDER.

21For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and giveth life: so the Son also giveth life TO WHOM HE WILL.

(EVEN TO HIMSELF)

John10:18 Therefore doth the Father love me:

because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. 18No man taketh it away from me:

but I lay it down of myself, and I have power to lay it down: and I have power to take it up again.

This COMMANDMENT HAVE I RECEIVED OF MY FATHER.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her:

I am the resurrection and the life:

he that believeth in me, although he be dead, shall live:26 And every one that liveth, and believeth in me, shall not die for ever. Believest thou this?

Now  read this particular scripture please:

1Peter3:18 Because Christ also died once for our sins, the just for the unjust:

that he might offer us to God,

being put to death indeed in the flesh, but enlivened in the spirit, 19In which also coming he preached to those spirits that were in prison:

the above scripture reveals that “THE WORD” made flesh, Jesus, THE SON OF MAN, Jesus human nature,  not only annulled death on His death but also glorified in the Holy Ghost, Jesus divine nature as

Jesus Christ 

THE SON OF GOD,

GODMAN.

He preached His gospel and freed all those souls enslaved from Adam’s fall, asserted in

John5:25 Amen, amen I say unto you, that the hour cometh, and now is, when the dead (SPIRITUALLY DEAD IN HELL) shall hear the voice of

the Son of God, and they that hear shall live.

Berean in the above scripture there’s enough evidence that

Jesus Christ glorified in the

HOLY GHOST, the SON OF GOD, Jesus divine nature,

Godman on Jesus’ death resurrected

Jesus’s dead body

The SON OF MAN Jesus’ human nature

the first begotten of the dead!

More to come

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

Viewing 20 posts - 21,821 through 21,840 (of 25,931 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account