JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 21,601 through 21,620 (of 25,930 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Origen explained it like this.

“We next notice John’s use of the article [“the”] in these sentences. He does not write without care in this respect, nor is he unfamiliar with the niceties of the Greek tongue. In some cases he uses the article [“the”], and in some he omits it. He adds the article [“the”] to logos, but to the name of theos he adds it sometimes only. He uses the article [“the”], when the name of theos refers to the uncreated cause of all things, and omits it when the logos is named theos. Does the same difference which we observe between theos with the article [“the], and theos without it, prevail also between logos with it and without it? We must enquire into this. As God who is over all is theos with the article [“the”] not without it, so also “the” logos is the source of that logos (reason} which dwells in every reasonable creature; the logos which is in each creature is not, like the former called par excellence “the” logos. Now there are many who are sincerely concerned about religion, and who fall here into great perplexity. They are afraid that they may be proclaiming two theos (gods), and their fear drives them into doctrines which are false and wicked. Either they deny that the Son has a distinct nature of His own besides that of the Father, and make Him whom they call the Son to be theos all but the name, or they deny the divinity of the Son, giving Him a separate existence of His own, and making His sphere of essence fall outside that of the Father, so that they are separable from each other. To such persons we have to say that God on the one hand is autotheos (God of Himself); and so the Saviour says in His prayer to the Father, “That they may know You the only true God; “but that all beyond the autotheos (God) is made theos by participation in His divinity, and is not to be called simply “the” theos but rather theos. And thus the first-born of all creation, who is the first to be with God, and to attract to Himself divinity, is a being of more exalted rank than the other theos (gods) beside Him, of whom “the” theos is “the” theos, as it is written, “The God of gods, the Lord, hath spoken and called the earth.” It was by the offices of the first-born that they became (gods), for He drew from God in generous measure that they should be made theos gods, and He communicated it to them according to His own bounty. The true God, then, is ho theos (“the god”), and those who are formed after Him are (gods), images, as it were, of Him the prototype. But the archetypal image, again, of all these images is the ho logos (“the word”) of ho theos (“the god”) , who was in the beginning, and who by being with “the” theos (“God”) is at all times theos (“god”), not possessing that of Himself, but by His being with the Father, and not continuing to be theos, if we should think of this, except by remaining always in uninterrupted contemplation of the depths of the Father.

(Origen’s Commentary on the Gospel of John, Book II, 2)

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@Lightenup

Ok, first we need to establish the identity of Yahweh.
    Who is Yahweh?

Psalm 2:2
    The kings of the earth take a stand, and the rulers take counsel together, against Yahweh, and against his Anointed

This Psalm is quoted by the first Christians in Acts 4.

24 When they heard it, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord and said, “O Lord, you are God, who made
    the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all that is in them; 25 who by the mouth of your servant David, said,
    ‘Why do the nations rage, and the peoples plot a vain thing?
    26 The kings of the earth take a stand, and the rulers take council together, against the Lord, and against his Christ’
    27 “For truly, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were
    gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, 28 to do whatever your
    hand and your council foreordained to happen. 29 Now, Lord, look at their threats, and grant
    to your servants to speak your word with all boldness, 30 while you stretch out your hand to
    heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of your holy Servant Jesus.”

What do we learn from Psalm 2 and Acts 4?
    Yahweh is the God of the Old and New Testament!
    Yahweh created the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all that is in them!
    Yahweh is the Father of Jesus Christ!
    There we have the biblical identity of Yahweh!

Do you agree?

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Danny Dabbs,

You asked:

What do we learn from Psalm 2 and Acts 4?
    Yahweh is the God of the Old and New Testament!
    Yahweh created the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all that is in them!
    Yahweh is the Father of Jesus Christ!
    There we have the biblical identity of Yahweh!

Do you agree?

I agree in part. I think that YHVH is fuller than the Father only. As with any scripture, the context will be very important to consider. I see a unity within the fullness of YHVH, the great and awesome God, to include the Father, the Son and their Spirit.

Do you agree that the Son is identified as God, and YHVH in Hebrews 1:8-12 by his Father:

8But about the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever,

and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom.

9You have loved righteousness

and hated wickedness;

therefore God, Your God, has anointed You

above Your companions with the oil of joy.”g

10And:

“In the beginning, O Lord, You laid the foundations of the earth,

and the heavens are the work of Your hands.

11They will perish, but You remain;

they will all wear out like a garment.

12You will roll them up like a robe;

like a garmenth they will be changed;

but You remain the same,

and Your years will never end.”

Compare with Psalm 102

24I say, “O my God, do not take me away in the midst of my days,
    Your years are throughout all generations.

25“Of old You founded the earth,
    And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

26“Even they will perish, but You endure;
                And all of them will wear out like a garment;
    Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed.

27“But You are the same,
    And Your years will not come to an end.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@Lightenup

Do you agree that the Son is identified as God, and YHVH in Hebrews 1:8-12 by his Father

I agree in part.
    As you said “As with any scripture, the context will be very important to consider.”
    Jesus bears the NAME of His Father Yahweh God.
    Jesus is Yahweh God by nature, not identity.
    Yahweh is the Father of Jesus (Psalm 2; Acts 4), hence Yahweh is not Jesus.
    Luke 1:32 says “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.”
    There we have the two identities: The Most High and His Son.
    Yahweh the God of the Bible and His Son Jesus Christ! Amen!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amen Danny.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

I’m glad we agree on this.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Danny Dabbs,

Is Yahweh only the Father of Jesus or is he also the Son, the Lord of lords? Is YHVH a unity or a single person?

Also, who is standing next to Abraham and speaking to him and is being addressed as Yahweh in Genesis 18 and 19:24?

Genesis 18:

1Yahweh appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day. 2He lifted up his eyes and looked, and saw that three men stood opposite him. When he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself to the earth, 3and said, “My lord, if now I have found favor in your sight, please don’t go away from your servant. 4Now let a little water be fetched, wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree. 5I will get a morsel of bread so you can refresh your heart. After that you may go your way, now that you have come to your servant.” They said, “Very well, do as you have said.” 6Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah, and said, “Quickly prepare three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes.” 7Abraham ran to the herd, and fetched a tender and good calf, and gave it to the servant. He hurried to dress it. 8He took butter, milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them. He stood by them under the tree, and they ate.

Sarah Laughs at the Promise

9They asked him, “Where is Sarah, your wife?” He said, “See, in the tent.” 10He said, “I will certainly return to you when the season comes round. Behold, Sarah your wife will have a son.” Sarah heard in the tent door, which was behind him. 11Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age. Sarah had passed the age of childbearing. 12Sarah laughed within herself, saying, “After I have grown old will I have pleasure, my lord being old also?” 13Yahweh said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh, saying, ‘Will I really bear a child, yet I am old?’ 14Is anything too hard for Yahweh? At the set time I will return to you, when the season comes round, and Sarah will have a son.” 15Then Sarah denied, saying, “I didn’t laugh,” for she was afraid. He said, “No, but you did laugh.”

Abraham Begs for Sodom

16The men rose up from there, and looked toward Sodom. Abraham went with them to see them on their way. 17Yahweh said, “Will I hide from Abraham what I do, 18since Abraham has surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth will be blessed in him? 19For I have known him, to the end that he may command his children and his household after him, that they may keep the way of Yahweh, to do righteousness and justice; to the end that Yahweh may bring on Abraham that which he has spoken of him.” 20Yahweh said, “Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, 21I will go down now, and see whether their deeds are as bad as the reports which have come to me. If not, I will know.”

22The men turned from there, and went toward Sodom, but Abraham stood yet before Yahweh23Abraham drew near, and said, “Will you consume the righteous with the wicked? 24What if there are fifty righteous within the city? Will you consume and not spare the place for the fifty righteous who are in it? 25Be it far from you to do things like that, to kill the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous should be like the wicked. May that be far from you. Shouldn’t the Judge of all the earth do right?” 26Yahweh said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sake.” 27Abraham answered, “See now, I have taken it on myself to speak to the Lord, who am but dust and ashes. 28What if there will lack five of the fifty righteous? Will you destroy all the city for lack of five?” He said, “I will not destroy it, if I find forty-five there.” 29He spoke to him yet again, and said, “What if there are forty found there?” He said, “I will not do it for the forty’s sake.” 30He said, “Oh don’t let the Lord be angry, and I will speak. What if there are thirty found there?” He said, “I will not do it, if I find thirty there.” 31He said, “See now, I have taken it on myself to speak to the Lord. What if there are twenty found there?” He said, “I will not destroy it for the twenty’s sake.” 32He said, “Oh don’t let the Lord be angry, and I will speak just once more. What if ten are found there?” He said, “I will not destroy it for the ten’s sake.” 33Yahweh went his way, as soon as he had finished communing with Abraham, and Abraham returned to his place.

Genesis 19:24

24Then Yahweh rained on Sodom and on Gomorrah sulfur and fire from Yahweh out of the sky.

LU

Proclaimer
    Participant

YHWH is the Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

PC,

Who does the Father identify as

laying the foundations of the earth in this passage:

In Hebrews 1

“Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever,

and hated wickedness;

above Your companions with the oil of joy.”

10And:

“In the beginning, O Lord, You laid the foundations of the earth,

like a garment they will be changed;

but You remain the same,

LU

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all……why not just believe Jesus and what he said? …“this is eternal life, that they might know you “THE “ONLY” TRUE ” GOD,” …… WHAT PART OF THOSE WORDS OF JESUS IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?  Now if another text implys something different , who are you going to truly believe Jesus” direct words or a possibly miss understood  text?  When also have many other text that show that there is “ONLY” one true GOD, EVEN God’s own words says that,  so Jesus says it, God The Father says it and many other scripture says it, like this,   “but unto us, there is “ONE” GOD and one mediator between God and men the “MAN” Jesus Christ.” 

So cast out the “many”  and chose the misunderstood,  I take the “MANY” , that say there is “ONLY” ONE “TRUE”GOD. WHO CREATED EVERYTHING G IN EXISTENCE “ALONE” and by “HIMSELF”. 

Peace and love to you all and yours. ………..gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Lightenup,

I thought I made myself clear.
    Yahweh is the Father of Jesus Christ. (Psalm 2; Acts 4)
    I presume you are confusing the identities?
    Luke 1:32 says “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High.”
    Who is the Most High, and who is His Son?

Lightenup
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

So, if I understand you correctly, the one that is identified as Yahweh, who appeared to Abraham on earth, standing next to him, talking to him face to face in Genesis 18 is the Father of Jesus in your opinion. Correct?

LU

Proclaimer
    Participant

LU.

This is easily cleared up. God is invisible. No man has seen him. Yes, some appear to have seen God. So what is going on?

The answer is that they saw the angel or angel of the LORD.

And we know that the Son is the image of the invisible God. From this I do not need to explain the answer for you do I? But suffice to say, we can see God through his creation but primarily through the begotten Son who is the exact representation of God’s being.

Lightenup
    Participant

PC.

Except you don’t see that explanation in the context. It is an opinion that is not backed up in the context. According to the context, the person that Abraham is identifying is not an angel but instead Abraham is identifying YHVH,  the “Judge of all the earth.” There is no angel that is “judge of all the earth” PC.

Don’t forget this question posed to you:

PC,

In Hebrews 1

“Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever,

and hated wickedness;

above Your companions with the oil of joy.”

10And:

“In the beginning, O Lord, You laid the foundations of the earth,

but You remain the same,

LU

Proclaimer
    Participant

LU, the Angel of the Lord is such a being.

Has anyone literally seen God or has the invisible God appeared through his messengers?

The Bible says YHWH “appeared”. So how does an invisible God who is an eternal Spirit appear to a person? The easy answer is through his messenger. And who is primary messenger? A person described as being the image of the invisible God. A person who is said to have the fullness of the deity in bodily form. Yes we know who that person is, that is the Son of God. In the Old Testament however, that primary being is the Messenger of God or Angel of the LORD. Whether the Son is that being is another debate, but suffice to say, when Moses saw God face to face, it was The Angel that he saw. It will be no different to any other person in scripture.

“The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. “

So who did Moses literally see while taking to God face to face? Moses talked face to face with God via God’s Messenger.

30 “After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai.
    31 When he saw this, he was amazed at the sight. As he went over to look more closely, he heard the Lord’s voice:
    32 ‘I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.’Moses trembled with fear and did not dare to look.
    33 “Then the Lord said to him, ‘Take off your sandals; the place where you are standing is holy ground.
    34 I have indeed seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their groaning and have come down to set them free. Now come, I will send you back to Egypt.’
    35 “This is the same Moses whom they had rejected with the words, ‘Who made you ruler and judge?’ He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush.
    36 He led them out of Egypt and did wonders and miraculous signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and for forty years in the desert.
    37 “This is that Moses who told the Israelites, ‘God will send you a prophet like me from your own people.’
    38 He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.

36 He led them out of Egypt and did wonders and miraculous signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and for forty years in the desert.
    37 “This is that Moses who told the Israelites, ‘God will send you a prophet like me from your own people.’
    38 He was in the assembly in the desert, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers; and he received living words to pass on to us.
    39 “But our fathers refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt.

No one has ever seen God

which God will bring about in his own time, God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
    who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God remains in us

But we can see the invisible God through his visible representative

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
    The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, 

Lightenup
    Participant

PC,

You are correct, Abraham is not talking to the Father. He is talking to YHVH however. Therefore, the person who Abraham is addressing as YHVH, is not the Father but someone other than the Father. YHVH is echad which can mean that YHVH is a unity of more than one person. Hebrews 1 has the Father telling us who that other person is that is referred to as YHVH…it is the only begotten Son who the Father addressed as

O Lord,

You laid the foundations of the earth,

but You remain the same,

This OT passage gives further witness to that here:

Compare with Psalm 102

24I say, “O my God, do not take me away in the midst of my days,
    Your years are throughout all generations.

25“Of old You founded the earth,
    And the heavens are the work of Your hands.

26“Even they will perish, but You endure;
                And all of them will wear out like a garment;
    Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed.

27“But You are the same,
    And Your years will not come to an end.

LU

carmel
    Participant

Hi lightenup,

YOU:PC,

In Hebrews 1

ME: LU, THE PROBLEM IS TO DISTINGUISH WHICH

FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD, HEBREWS 1

IS REFERRING TO!!!

SIMPLY AS GENESIS 1:1 WAS THE FIRST EVER FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD!

BOTH  SPIRIT AND PHYSICAL  BUT ENDED IN CORRUPTION!

GENESIS 1: 2 WAS THE SECOND FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD,

VERY GOOD

NOT PERFECT!

PERSONIFIED IN

ADAM THE LIVING SOUL! Still under the influence of the rebel in heaven of which he was in actual fact 

LUCIFER’S ORIGINAL SPIRIT! Thus, which also

ENDED IN CORRUPTION, AND

DEATH

WAS INTRODUCED ON THIS PLANET EARTH!

WHILE

ON JESUS’ DEATH ON THE CROSS WAS THE THIRD 

ETERNAL FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD!

THE INTRODUCTION AND FULFILLMENT OF 

ETERNAL LIFE  of

THE NEW CREATION

RECREATED ANEW

BOTH SPIRIT IN THE HOLY GHOST AND

FLESH IN “THE WORD”

ONE SPIRITFLESH SUBSTANCE

ALL EMBODIED AND GLORIFIED IN

JESUS CHRIST

GODMAN ON EARTH

TILL PENTECOST, 

GOD’S KINGDOM CAME, GOD’S WILL WAS ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN!

MENTIONED SPECIFICALLY BUT CAMOUFLAGED BY JESUS IN

Luke 17: 20-37

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@Lightenup

So, if I understand you correctly, the one that is identified as Yahweh, who appeared to Abraham on earth, standing next to him, talking to him face to face in Genesis 18 is the Father of Jesus in your opinion. Correct?

No. I believe this was Jesus.
    Jesus bears the name of His Father.
    But Jesus is not Yahweh. He is the Son of Yahweh.
    Jesus inherited His Father’s name and divine nature in the same way a human son inherits the human nature and name of his parents.

Don’t forget my question:
    Luke 1:32 says “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High.”
    Who is the Most High, and who is His Son?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Amen Danny. There are many doctrines that takeaway from the Most High and the Son of the Most High.

carmel
    Participant

HI Gene,

YOU: To all……why not just believe Jesus and what he said? …

“this is eternal life,

ME: THE ABOVE Gene, ON ITS OWN, SHOULD GIVE  MORE THAN ENOUGH

LIGHT!!!

ANSWER: WHY DID JESUS EMPHATICALLY PROCLAIMED PRECISELY 

HIMSELF 

AS THE ETERNAL LIFE,

BEFORE HE PRONOUNCED AND DECLARED 

that they might know you “THE “ONLY” TRUE ” GOD,” …… 

ANSWER: Gene, WHY DID JESUS AFTER HE PRONOUNCED THE ABOVE STATEMENT, AGAIN HE ALSO

EMPHATICALLY PRONOUNCED HIS NAME AND SAID: 

AND JESUS CHRIST, WHOM YOU HAVE SENT!

A STATEMENT THAT FOR A REASON ONLY YOU KNOW, BUT FOR SURE YOU WERE UNCOMFORTABLE TO DO SO AND PRODUCE???

Gene, WHAT DOES THE WHOLE VERSE TELL YOU IN ACTUAL FACT???

DOES IT TELL YOU THAT, JESUS’ OWN WORDS

” THE ONLY TRUE GOD” 

IS A REFERENCE TO THE FATHER ONLY, SINCE HE NEVER MENTIONED THE FATHER, IN THIS PARTICULAR STATEMENT, BUT ONLY THE TITLE

GOD???

WHICH IS A MYSTERY UP TO THIS DAY

WHILE FROM THE OTHER HAND, HE MADE SURE TO INCLUDE HIMSELF BOTH IN

THE BEGINNING

OF HIS STATEMENT AND ALSO AT THE 

THE END!!!

IF HE WANTED TO BE SURE SO,

HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN PRIORITY TO THE FATHER, NO??? AND COMMENCED HIS STATEMENT LIKE THIS:

FATHER: that they might know you “THE “ONLY” TRUE ” GOD,” 

Gene JESUS, THE TRUTH, DIDN’T DO SO! OK???

YOU: WHAT PART OF THOSE WORDS OF JESUS IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND? 

ME: THERE YOU ARE Gene!!!

WHAT I ASKED YOU IS THE PART OF THOSE WORDS OF JESUS WHICH IS

SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND!!!

THE FACT THAT YOU LEFT OUT PART OF IT!

YOU, WITH YOUR INSISTANCE

SEPARATED  

THE FATHER FROM THE SON!!!

SOMETHING WHICH JESUS THROUGHOUT HIS PREACHING CONFIRMED THAT

THERE’S NO DIFFERENCE!!! IN FACT 

THEY ARE ONE!

NOW READ JOHN 17

1THESE things Jesus spoke, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said:

Father, the hour is come,

glorify thy Son, that thy Son may glorify thee. 

CAN YOU SEE Gene, ANY DIFFERENCE???

BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE SON???

2As thou hast given him power

over all flesh,

that he may give

eternal life

to all whom thou hast given him. 

3Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4I have glorified thee on the earth;

ME: TELL US SOMETHING Gene

HOW AND WHY

JESUS GLORIFIED THE FATHER ON EARTH!!!

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 

TELL US SOMETHING Gene, HOW and WHY

THE FATHER GAVE  JESUS 

THE WORK TO DO! NOTICE:

JESUS DIDN’T SAY “YOUR WORK” WHICH WOULD HAVE GIVEN

PREFERENCE

TO THE FATHER!!!

THUS JESUS IS EQUAL WITH THE FATHER IN GOD’S/JESUS’ TASK OF REDEMPTION!!! 

5And now glorify thou me,

O Father, with thyself,

with the glory which I had,

before the world was, with thee.

CAN YOU SEE ANY DIFFERENCE Gene???

John17:10 And all my things are thine, and

thine are mine; and

I am glorified in them. 

John10:30 I and the Father are one.

John14:11 LET not your heart be troubled.

You believe in God, believe also in me.

John14:6 Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

John14:8 …..Philip, he that seeth me seeth the Father also.

How sayest thou, Shew us the Father? 

John16:15 All things whatsoever the Father hath, are mine.

YOU: Now if another text implys something different , who are you going to truly believe Jesus” direct words or a possibly miss understood  text?  When also have many other text that show that there is

“ONLY” one true GOD,

ME: Gene, WHO, and WHAT IS GOD???

EVEN God’s own words says that,  

ME: WHO IS GOD’S OWN WORD???

so Jesus says it, God The Father says it and many other scripture says it, like this, 

“but unto us, there is “ONE” GOD and one mediator between God and men the “MAN” Jesus Christ.” 

ME: Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not of one:

but God is one.

GODS’ MEDIATOR Gene,

JESUS CHRIST, 

IS ONE WITH GOD!

So cast out the “many”  and chose the misunderstood,  I take the “MANY” , that say there

is “ONLY” ONE “TRUE”GOD.

ME: 1John5:20 And we know that

the Son of God is come: and he hath given us understanding that

we may know the true God,

and may be in

HIS TRUE SON.

This is THE TRUE GOD and life eternal.

Gene, THE FATHER COULD NEVER BE THE TRUE GOD ON EARTH 

SINCE HE IS A SPIRIT INVISIBLE

HE IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD IN

JESUS CHRIST,

WHOM HE HAS SENT!

YOU: WHO CREATED EVERYTHING G IN EXISTENCE “ALONE” and by “HIMSELF”. 

HEBREWS 1:8 But to the Son:

Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever:

a sceptre of justice is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9Thou hast loved justice, and hated iniquity:

therefore God, thy God,

hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10And: Thou in the beginning, O Lord,

didst found the earth:

and the works of thy hands are the heavens.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Viewing 20 posts - 21,601 through 21,620 (of 25,930 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account