JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 21,181 through 21,200 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi……Right on!

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Mike,

As said, ALL OF SCRIPTURE must agree. 

So let’s talk about, 1 Cor 15: 50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

This is what I know from direct scripture,

Jesus was raised incorruptible, in power, in glory, and he appeared to many where he said directly that he was not a spirit, but made of FLESH and BONES. We are told that he is going to sit upon a throne and rule according to the flesh. We are told that ALL FLESH is going to come and worship YHVH. We are told that we are joint heirs with Christ, his resurrection is our resurrection. He rose from the dead receiving the promised Holy Spirit and in Ezekiel 36 we rise from the dead where we are given a new heart of flesh and YHVH puts His Spirit upon us causing us to walk in all of YHVH’s ways, just as Jesus does.  

Jesus said he was flesh and bones, not flesh and blood.

Jesus also said,

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

Therefore it is not by man, it is not by flesh and blood that can produce righteousness that brings us into eternal life.Flesh and blood has no power, to be carnally minded is death.  Flesh and blood cannot cause us to inherit the kingdom of God. God’s Spirit, not flesh and blood, brings forth righteousness and life. 

Those are the two things I know, Jesus was raised he said being flesh and bones, he did not say flesh and blood. Likewise Jesus and Paul teach us that flesh and blood does not have power to bring us into the kingdom, only YHVH’s Spirit can do that. 

Let’s not forget also,

Jesus is the Son of Man (anthropos/HUMAN) who sits at YHVH’s right hand, and it is this Son of a HUMAN who is returning to sit on a throne according to flesh, where he is a Son of God according to the Spirit that he had received as was promised when he rose from the dead. 

and also,

YHVH made humans in His own image you are told, He said He made the earth not in vain but for it to be inhabited. Paul tells us also in 1 Corinthians 15 that God made each creature with it’s own flesh and for it to have it’s own glory. The Son of a HUMAN sits at YHVH’s right hand existing in the express image of YHVH, he is a firstborn of many brethren.

YHVH’s purpose for mankind from the beginning was for Him to become ALL in ALL, all of humankind living in His image having His Spirit upon them being caused to walk in all of His ways.  

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU:

REVELATION 19:13
    And he was clothed with a garment soaked in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Jodi
    Do you believe what revelation 19:13 says
    YES OR NO

ME: YES of course,

I have been posting on that scripture and what it means lately, I guess you have not seen those posts

Berean, I believe ALL scripture, and know that ALL scripture is to be applied TOGETHER to have proper understanding.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

You don’t Say the TRUTH.

JESUS IS the ONE WHO IS CALLED

THE WORD

Berean
    Participant

AND THE WORD WAS WITH THE GOD

AND THE WORD  WAS GOD

THIS THE TRUTH

ALLELOUIA

AMEN

LET EVERYBODY KNOW THAT THIS IS THE TRUTH …. GLORIOUS TRUTH

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean,   You are conpletely wrong, Jodi is speaking  the apsolute truth,  Satan’s “mystery religion”,  has you completely fooled., and you don’t even realize it, “sad brother”.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………….gene

Berean
    Participant

NO GENE

YOU AND JODI ARE OUT THE WAY

YET YOU HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEIZE THE TRUTH ABOUT WHO REALLY IS JESUS.
    BUT GOD IS LOVE AND HE PATIENTS WITH YOU AS WITH ALL …

Berean
    Participant

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

You don’t have to read the whole bible to understand this.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

This is what I know, 

Jesus’s name means “YHVH is salvation” and such is the word of God that we are told, that YHVH is indeed our salvation.

Psalms 119:37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. 38 Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared. 39 Take away the disgrace I dread, for your laws are good. 40 How I long for your precepts! In your righteousness preserve my life. 41 May your unfailing love come to me, LORD, your salvation, according to your promise; 42 then I can answer anyone who taunts me, for I trust in your word. 43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws.

Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth. 

Hebrews 9:14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

Acts 13:23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to HIS PROMISE raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, HEAR THESE WORDS; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 

The word of God is that YHVH is our salvation, and He saves us through His anointing Spirit resting upon a man who is obedient unto shedding his blood on the cross through that eternal Spirit that is upon him. That man’s name is Jesus which just so happens to mean “YHVH is salvation” which just so happens to be also the words of God spoken unto us throughout the bible.

Now in Rev 1 we read,

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

In chapter 19 we are told,

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name WRITTEN, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is CALLED The Word of God.16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name WRITTEN, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Upon closer review,

Though Jesus’ own name is the Word of God spoken to us throughout the bible, “YHVH is salvation”, we likewise know that the Word of God revealed in scripture is that Jesus was to be made a king of kings and a lord of lords, and such is a name written given unto him

In Rev chapter 1 we read of Jesus Christ as the first begotten of the dead, a king over kings of the earth who had shed his blood for us, where by him others are made kings and priests.

Then in chapter 19 verse 12- 13 and 16, it’s no coincidence that we read similar, on his head many crowns and he has “a name written”, he who has a vesture dipped in blood, “his name is called The Word of God”, and that word is he is a king of kings and a lord of lords, which we see in verse 16 “a name written” is “king of kings and lord of lords.” 

His name is CALLED the word of God, and that name WRITTEN, that is indeed the word of God, is KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS!

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

If You believe THAT” THE WORD” or “THE WORD OF GOD” IS ONE OF THE NAME or TITLE OF JESUS IN THE BIGINNING….YOU WILL BELEIVE THAT JESUS WAS(IN THE BIGINNING) WITH THE GOD AND WAS GOD.

WITHOUT THAT , THERE IS NO SAVIOR FOR THE WORLD

THIS IS THE FIRST CONDITION:
    THE DIVINE SON OF GOD OFFERS HIMSELF IN SACRIFICE TO HIS FATHER FOR THE SALVATION OF THE WORLD.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

To condense my post from above,

Rev 1: 5-6 tells us that Jesus Christ who shed his blood is a first begotten of the dead, made a king over kings of the earth, where through him many crowns are given to his faithful.

Then in Revelation 19:12-13 and 16 we are told,

This first begotten of the dead who shed his blood and where there are many crowns on his head, a name was written for him, that name is called the word of God, and that name that is written that is called the word of God, is “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS”. 

This name written is called the word of God, as we indeed do read that God had promised unto David’s son not only that he would be made into YHVH’s firstborn but also that he would be made a king of kings.

Psalm 89:4 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted. 25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers. 26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. 27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.

We read of this given mercy unto David’s son promised to never be taken away, as well as a promise of an eternal throne in 1 Chronicles 17. We also read of this Son of Man in Psalm 8 receiving dominion overall that YHVH had made. We likewise know that the covenant spoken in Psalm 89, is him shedding his blood to set us free which is spoken of in Isaiah 53, where we additionally read that this man receives a portion among the great and is ordained to divide the spoil with the mighty.

The word of God is a WRITTEN NAME, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

There was NO savior that had come, until after John was preaching of baptism. 

Our savior came ACCORDING TO A PROMISE made unto the seed of David. 

By the eternal Spirit that came upon Jesus he shed his blood in obedience, and by such we are saved. 

The WORD of God from the beginning was a man who would shed his blood, a man that would execute God’s council, His covenant of salvation unto eternal life. 

The WORD of God from the beginning was eternal life.

Berean, the truth clearly given unto you is that in the beginning was God’s WORD of eternal life and God’s WORD that a man would come and be for a light, be a savior bringing forth the word of eternal life.

Berean, the WORD is eternal life, which was with the Father from the beginning and is the Father, for His Spirit is LIFE because of righteousness. 

That Spirit came upon Jesus and what happened, he was obedient unto death, and because of that obedience through the Spirit, God could not hold him to the penalty of death, he deserved to be raised from the dead and be given the Spirit for all eternity, the Spirit that is LIFE because of righteousness.

Jesus is proof that God’s Spirit truly brings LIFE because it causes righteousness, the very reason why we are raised promised to receive that Spirit and have God cause us to walk in all of His ways, be a joint heir with Christ, be an heir likewise of God’s Spirit.

For those we are LED by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God, and we are to be made into the image of the Son, who was to be a firstborn of many Sons. That Son’s origin is of the seed of David, and he is God’s Son ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT by his resurrection from the dead, where he had received that Spirit as was promised when he rose from the dead. 

Berean
    Participant

You do not BELEIVE thé TRUTH but a LIE.

A MERE MAN CANNOT SAVE THE WORLD.

THE DIVIN SON OF GOD HAS PERMISSION If the FATHER.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

I believe EXACTLY what scripture says, not your doctrine that is the actual lie, which has been concocted from misinterpreting scriptures, which those misinterpretations come from you ignoring and not apply clear given truths from other passages.

I give you scripture to apply to the ones you misinterpret to show how they are to be properly understood, but you just outright don’t want to discuss those scriptures, nor my point that comes through applying them to the ones you misinterpret. Time and time again you divert to just bring up a different scripture you misinterpret.

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

Of course a mere man cannot save the world, ONLY our ONE TRUE GOD THE FATHER YHVH can save the world, and HE did so through the seed of David. 

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Proverbs 8:22

The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his ways, before he made any thing from the beginning.

23I was set up from eternity, and of old before the earth was made.

24The depths were not as yet, and I was already conceived. neither had the fountains of waters as yet sprung out:

25The mountains with their huge bulk had not as yet been established: before the hills I was brought forth:

26He had not yet made the earth, nor the rivers, nor the poles of the world.

27When he prepared the heavens, I was present: when with a certain law and compass he enclosed the depths:

28When he established the sky above, and poised the fountains of waters:

29When he compassed the sea with its bounds, and set a law to the waters that they should not pass their limits: when be balanced the foundations of the earth;

30I was with him forming all things: and was delighted every day, playing before him at all times;

as you well said:

YOU: Not only when you read of this declaration YHVH as our sole Creator, doing so by

His wisdom and power, 

WAS GOD ALL ALONE IN

THE VERY CARNAL SENSE OF THIS WORLD?

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad

YOU: How confused are they? Jesus didn’t say he saw Abraham, he said Abraham saw him.

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad

Genesis 18:1 And the Lord appeared to him in the vale of Mambre

as he was sitting at the door of his tent, in the very heat of the day.

Answer Jodi: WHO SAW WHO?

2And when he had lifted up his eyes,

there appeared to him THREE MEN standing near him:

and as soon as he saw them he ran to meet them from the door of his tent, and adored down to the ground.

Answer Jodi: WHO SAW WHO?

3And he said: LORD, (THEY WERE THREE, NOT ONE)

if I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away from thy servant:

4But I will fetch a little water, and wash ye your feet, and rest ye under the tree. 5And I will set a morsel of bread, and strengthen ye your heart, afterwards you shall pass on: for therefore are you come aside to your servant.

And they said: (ALL THREE)

Do as thou hast spoken. 6Abraham made haste into the tent to Sera, and said to her: Make haste, temper together three measures of flour, and make cakes upon the hearth. 7And he himself ran to the herd, and took from thence a calf very tender and very good, and gave it to a young man: who made haste and boiled it. 8He took also butter and milk, and the calf which he had boiled, and set before them: but he stood by them under the tree. 9And when they had eaten,

they said to him:(ALL THREE AGAIN)

Where is Sara thy wife? He answered:

Lo, she is in the tent.

10And he said to him:( THIS TIME ONLY ONE SPEAKS)

I will return and come to thee at this time,

life accompanying and Sara thy wife shall have a son.( THAT WOULD BE THE DAY BOTH FOR THE LORD AND FOR ABRAHAM)

Which when Sara heard, she laughed behind the door of the tent.

11Now they were both old, and far advanced in years,

and it had ceased to be with Sara after the manner of women.

12And she laughed secretly, saying:

After I am grown old, and my lord is an old man, (BOTH OF NO USE REGARDING SEX PLEASURE) shall I give myself to pleasure?

13And the Lord said to Abraham: Why did Sera laugh, saying: Shall I who am an old woman bear a child indeed ? 14Is there any thing hard to God? according to appointment I will return to thee at this same time, life accompanying, and Sara shall have a son.

Jodi, THE LORD NEVER CAME PHYSICALLY AGAIN AS HE DID, EXCEPT 

ON THE DAY WHEN HE WAS BORN EMBODIED IN ISAAC.

AND FOR SURE ABRAHAM SAW AGAIN THE LORD JESUS DAY AND 

HE WAS MORE THEN GLAD.

Genesis 21:1 And the Lord visited Sara,(NOT ABRAHAM)

as he had promised: ( HOW???)

and fulfilled what he had spoken.( HIS OWN WORD SPIRIT)

2And she conceived and bore a son in her old (USELESS) age, ( WITHOUT SEX ALL AT ONE MOMENT)

at the time that God had foretold her. ( A YEAR AFTER)

6 And Sara said:

God hath made a laughter for me:

whosoever shall hear of it (HOW SHE BORE A SON) will laugh with me.

7And again she said: Who would believe that Abraham should hear that Sara gave suck to a son, whom she bore to him in

his (USELESS) old age.

8And the child grew and was weaned:

and Abraham made a great feast on the day of his weaning.

WAS ABRAHAM GLAD Jodi?

being the father of

“THE WORD” JESUS, THE SON OF MAN,

THE FATHER OF ALL NATIONS AS GOD HAD PROMISED HIM

EMBODIED IN ISAAC, to maintain 

HIS PRIMACY:

THE BEGINNING OF THE ETERNAL COVENANT? 

MORE THE SON OF GOD THEN THE SON OF ABRAHAM, BY WHICH ABRAHAM BECAME

THE FRIEND OF GOD!

YOU: YHVH’s word was that this seed of Abraham was promised to receive FIRST PLACE in all things,

THE ABOVE Jodi is a

PURE LIE

never mind Jodi,

KEEP SILENCE 

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Word became flesh.

Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

His name is the Word of God.

And yes, he is the seed of David.

True understanding of all this sees no contradiction.

A person who pits one scripture against another is not seeing the truth because both were inspired by the almighty God.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

Gene and Jodi are playing semantics.

You say he is, and I say he isn’t; period!
    But Gene and Jodi want it both ways.

He isn’t the word of God but his name is called the word of God ???

Fence walkers

Ed J
    Participant

Isaiah has a rather lengthy list, but unfortunately:
    “The Word” isn’t on the list of His name being called…

(Isaiah 9:6) “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
    and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
    and his name shall be called:

1 Wonderful,
    2 Counsellor,
    3 The mighty God,
    4 The everlasting Father,
    5 The Prince of Peace.

Would you claim God forgot to put “The Word” on the list ???

that is because “The Word” is God’s HolySpirit

words are spirit… “the Word” is “The Spirit”

Period!

Proclaimer
    Participant

He is also the Truth and the Life.

Did God forget that too?

Or here’s an idea. Could it be that God didn’t mention all his names in that particular verse?

Hmm.

Viewing 20 posts - 21,181 through 21,200 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account