JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,881 through 20,900 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

Jodi and Gene

If You don’t see THE SON OF GOD in John 1

know that there is no other solid way of salvation other than THE DIVINE SON OF GOD made FLESH for our salivation.

Berean
    Participant

If You don’t see THE SON OF GOD in John 1

know that there is no other solid way of salvation other than THE DIVINE SON OF GOD made FLESH for our

salvation.

Proclaimer
    Participant

God paid the highest price for our redemption. The firstborn of all creation. He didn’t look for the most righteous man he could find and sacrifice him. No he sent his only begotten. If he was looking to send the best among the offspring of Adam, he would have sent John the Baptist.

I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

Berean
    Participant

Well Saïd Proclaimer

God the Father gave his most precious possession: His own Son

Romans 8
    For this is impossible for the law, because the flesh rendered it without force, -God condemned sin in the flesh, by sending, because of sin, his own Son in a flesh like that of sin, … .

What shall we say then with regard to these things? If God is for us, who will be against us?

8:32 He, who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, how will he not also give us all things with him?

God bless

carmel
    Participant

H Berean and Proclaimer,

YOU:God the Father gave his most precious possession: His own Son

GOD GAVE

ALL

OF HIS MOST PRECIOUS POSSESSIONS. 

Matthew 13:44The kingdom of heaven is like unto a treasure hidden in a field. Which a man having found, hid it, and for joy thereof goeth, and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.45Again the kingdom of heaven is like to a merchant seeking good pearls. 46Who when he had found one pearl of great price, went his way, and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To the ” ONLY” Saviour is GOD THE FATHER, No matter how he does it he “ALONE” is the one who saves us.  He was the “only one” who also saved the man Jesus.  Had he not raised JESUS FROM THE “DEAD”,  he still would have been dead to this very day. 

Jesus is not our Saviour,  GOD the Father is,  and he “only” is the Saviour of his people and his creation, Jesus never himself saved anyone. But you people do not believe Jesus do you?m Jesus  PLAINLY SAID,  “the son of man can do “NOTHING”, of “HIMSELF” , the Father wh I is “IN” him “HE” does the work”.

You people are nothing but liars, you deny what Jesus says,  almost everytime you open you mouths,   Robbing God the Father of  “His” glory and giving it to a man,  Jesus, is something the “man”  Jesus “never” did. 

Our salvation has no more to do with Jesus, then  the ancient Isrealites  deliverance from the Egyptian”s had to do with Moses . it’s all  from the start to the finish,  a “WORK”  of  “ONE” TRUE,  God,  the Father .  Moses and Jesus , and many others LIKE PROPHETS ETC. ,  were instruments that God the Father “WORKED” through, to bring about “HIS”  purposes on this earth.  IF you can’t see that, then you people haven’t even begun to understand Jesus or the truth.

Like I said,  I  bow my knee to Jesus my lord (adoni )  a human ruler, “to the glory of God”.  Jesus is given the position as the head of  humanity (under God the Father), because he is the “firstborn” from the dead, from the human race. He has been “given” that Honor and Glory, from God the Father.  JESUS never prexisted his birth on this earth, he came into being as a human  and still is a human, and always will be a human.  His position he had and has , was and is given him by the “ONE” and “ONLY”  “TRUE” GOD. 

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

The Divine Son of God made the CHOICE himself TO GIVE HIS LIFE FOR THE Salvation OF HUMANITY IN ACCORDANCE WITH HIS FATHER .

17The Father loves me, because I lay down my life, that I may take it up again. 18Nobody takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself; I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again: this is the commandment which I received from my Father. (John 10)

Berean
    Participant

The Savoir of the World

from John 4

So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.
    [41] And many more believed because of his own word;
    [42] And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
    [43] Now after two days he departed thence, and went into Galilee.

Jesus did not contradict them

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Jodi: 1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was WITH the Father and has appeared to us. 

THE WORD here is eternal life, which was WITH the Father from the beginning, even before time began.  

Hi Jodi, in what way did the disciples see “eternal life” with their eyes, and touch “eternal life” with their hands? Surely in this case, ‘eternal life” is a metaphor for the physical person of Jesus.  What if, instead of using the pronouns in John 1, we just stuck with the original name of the subject that John used?  Maybe that would help.

John 1

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his the Word’s glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 (John testified concerning him the Word. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”)

Do you see that the subject has not changed, but remains “The Word” that John began talking about in vs 14?  The subject doesn’t change from “the Word” to “the one and only Son” in vs 14.  Rather, the subject is still “the Word”, and we’re told that “the Word” has the glory of  “the one and only Son”.  Do you understand this?

So it was “the Word” about whom John said, “He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.”

And we all know exactly who John the Baptizer said that statement about, right?

John 1:29-30

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”

So John testified about the Word: “He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.

And John testified about Jesus/the Lamb of God: “A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.

Jodi, it is absolutely undeniable from a straight reading of the text that “the Word”, “Jesus”, and “the Lamb of God” are ALL one and the same person.  And from what I’ve already showed you before, it is undeniable that “the light” is also the same person.  And now you’ve included “the Word of Life” in 1 John, whom the disciples TOUCHED WITH THEIR HANDS and SAW WITH THEIR EYES, right?  So among Jesus’ many titles and names, we can unequivocally include: “Jesus”, “the Word (of Life)”, “the Lamb of God”, “the Light”, and “the Eternal Life”.

You must eventually face the scriptural facts here.  John the Baptizer came to testify about “the Light”, who came into a world that was created through him but didn’t receive him.  He came to testify about “the Word” who was with God in the beginning, and through whom God created the world.  He came to testify about “Jesus, the Lamb of God”.

There is only one person John went out into the wilderness to testify about.  And that one person has all of the names mentioned above.  In John 1:1,14; 1 John 1:1; and Revelation 19:13, the name the Apostle John uses to identify him is the Word (of Life/of God).

Jodi
    Participant

Proclaimer,

The anointed Jesus of Nazareth is he whom God SENT into the world to be our savior. 

You don’t even believe Jesus’s own words that were spoken beforehand by Isaiah, which were in fact God’s WORD MADE TRUE IN THE FLESH. 

Listen to Jesus,

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, BECAUSE he has anointed me TO proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me TO proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, TO set the oppressed free,
    19 TO proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

You are told directly that this savior didn’t COME until AFTER the baptism John preached. 

PROCLAIMER, without the anointing of the Spirit upon Jesus there is NO SAVIOR, do you not comprehend what “BECAUSE” means??????

Jodi
    Participant

Proclaimer,

to continue,

John 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. 35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. 

Really Proclaimer, the Spirit coming down upon Jesus WITHOUT LIMIT  and then being said to be SENT out into the world, is not Jesus as God’s only begotten Son whom God sent?  

Proclaimer it is BECAUSE Jesus was anointed with the Spirit and SENT we are saved, saved by believing in the words of God he preached, and by him dying on the cross. It is because of God’s Spirit that came upon him we are saved. It is not because God sent a son to be a human who could do nothing of himself that we are saved. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

Jesus of Nazareth was the only human to be begotten with God’s Spirit without limit, and it is he whom God sent out into the world, where we are saved upon believing in the word of God he preached, and through him going to the cross. 

Our One True God the Father YHVH IS OUR SAVOIR and He saved us through His anointing Spirit that He had begotten Jesus with. 

That Spirit upon him made him a Son of God, 

Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God. 

Isaiah 45:13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

Isaiah 42: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 

Galatians 5:5 For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope.

Isaiah 61:1/Luke 4:18,  The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 

Jesus was given the name Jesus -YHVH is salvation, not because he was a pre-existing only begotten son, but because Jesus was going to be our savior through YHVH’s anointing Spirit coming upon him without measure and then SENDING HIM out into the world. He who IS A SON because he is LED by that Spirit. 

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and PROPHESIED, saying, 68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: 71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Acts 13:23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

You

It is because of God’s Spirit that came upon him we are saved. It is not because God sent a son to be a human who could do nothing of himself that we are saved.

Me

First

Jésus IS not a son , He IS THE ONLY ONE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD . And only he could be CANDIDATE To save humanity

TWO

This is not enough for him to become the Savior of the world; he had to be able to perfectly manifest the character of the Father until the death on the cross, being in the flesh such as ours.
    This is what Paul says in Romain 8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    [2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    [3] For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    [4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    [9] Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    [10] That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    [11] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jodi
    Participant

To  ALL,

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Here you have the WORD given as a PROMISE, where a man is to be BEGOTTEN OF GOD’S SPIRIT being FILLED WITH GRACE AND TRUTH. 

The people will behold his glory as he is sent out into the world where he will heal the sick and give sight to the blind, where he will walk on water, turn water into wine, make a lot of food from a little, where he will even raise the dead, all doing so by the glory of the power of YHVH’s Spirit that he will be begotten with. 

Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God. 

THIS WORD from Isaiah we read was made true in the flesh, 

John 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15 John bare witness of him,…..32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him….34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. 

Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 

Isaiah 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my Sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God. ..heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ..

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jesus was the ONLY mortal man to receive the Father’s glory, be called to righteousness to have YHVH direct all his ways, and thus be a Son of God by being LED by the Spirit that came upon him. 

He died, but was raised a firstborn overall creation, a firstborn of many brethren, resurrected being an heir of God, an heir of God’s Spirit as was promised since the world began. 

Galatians 3:14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

You are totally blind if you don’t think that Jesus being begotten of the Spirit without measure, an anointing (chrio made into a christos), who was then sent out into the world, does not represent Jesus as God’s only begotten Son whom God sent.

Seriously, John bore witness, John tells you that he who had God’s Spirit descend and come to abode upon him, is he who is God’s Son.

We are to inherit the Spirit of God, be a JOINT heir with the anointed of the Spirit JESUS, whose origin is of the seed of David but is declared to be God’s Son ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT by his resurrection from the dead, AS HE had been raised from the dead RECEIVING AS PROMISED unto the son of David, the Holy Spirit. 

Jodi
    Participant

Anyone here want to tell me the below is a LIE??

Isaiah 11, 42, 45, and 61, the Spirit coming upon the son of Jesse a calling to righteousness, is our One True God the Father YHVH’s WORD made true in the man of flesh Jesus, at the river Jordan. 

Proclaimer
    Participant

You still haven’t figured it out Jodi.

Believing that God made all things through the Son and that he is now with God in the glory he had before the cosmos, doesn’t negate that he came as a man and fulfilled prophecy.

This is all you have, and with your sleight of hand you want to pit one set of scriptures against another.

We are onto to your deception. Give up. Try something else. You’re fooling no one except Gene.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Titus 1:2 in the hope of eternal life, which God,

who does not lie, 

promised

before the beginning of time,

YOU: THE WORD here represents eternal life,

not a pre-existing Son of God.

Jodi, the word

PROMISED

is the most influential in Titus 1:2

Now may I ask you a

VERY SIMPLE question please?

WHAT DOES IT REVEAL WHEN A PERSON PROMISES ANOTHER PERSON  SAY

A THOUSAND DOLLAR?

Berean
    Participant

How true is what you say Proclaim and I will add that God continues to do all things through Jesus in the Heavenly Sanctuary (as Advocate, Mediator and High Priest and finally Judge) until
    his people be ready to welcome him at his coming in the clouds of heaven.

carmel
    Participant

Hi, Jodi

1John1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the word of life: 2For the life was manifested; and we have seen and do bear witness, and declare unto you the life eternal, which was with the Father, and hath appeared to us:

YOU:  THE WORD here is eternal life, which was WITH the Father from the beginning, even before time began.

Jodi, IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE IT CLEARLY SAYS THAT THIS

ETERNAL LIFE HATH

APPEARED!

IF “THE WORD” JESUS, THE SON OF MAN TO BE, ETERNAL LIFE, 

DID APPEAR

DOESN’T IT MEAN TO YOU THAT

IT PRE-EXISTED BEFORE IT APPEARED?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,881 through 20,900 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account