JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,641 through 20,660 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean:  If he took on himself the form of a servant and was made like men
    Paul wouldn’t speak like this if Jesus didn’t exist before

We couldn’t talk like this about someone who didn’t exist before….

You can’t rationally argue against that logic.  Unfortunately, many still try to.

Berean
    Participant

You can’t rationally argue against that logic.  Unfortunately, many still try to.

Hi Mike

Do you believe that the Son of God took on his divine nature our human nature?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I believe Jesus emptied himself of his glorious heavenly nature to be born on earth as a human being.  After accomplishing what his and our God sent him to do, he ascended back to heaven, where he now exists with that previous glory – plus some more.

I hope that answers your question, as I couldn’t quite understand the wording.

Berean
    Participant

Glorious heavenly nature….???

Do You believe in His divinity ?

Because John write he was GOD (not the God) in the biginning….

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes, Jesus is divine… as are God’s other faithful angels.  But they remain angels of God – not God Himself.  And angels are indeed gods – whether or not they are faithful to YHWH.  Satan is a god.  Molech is a god.  Dagon is a god.  Michael is a god.  Gabriel is a god.  Jesus is a god.

But only YHWH is the Most High God OF all of the other gods the Bible teaches about.  And let’s face it, YHWH couldn’t possibly be the Most High God if there existed no less high gods.  He couldn’t possibly be the God OF gods if there existed no other gods for Him to be the God OF.

The Bible teaches of many gods and many lords, both in heaven and on earth.  Most people refuse to accept this clear scriptural teaching.

Berean
    Participant

No Mike. THE SON OF GOD IS GOD AS THE GOD IS GOD AND NOT AS THE ANGELS

Angels are not God as Jesus IS God

Angels are creature, not THE DIVINE ONLY ONE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike. , you Say scripture dosen’t “prohibit” it, but then again scripture does not say Jesus prexisted his birth on this earth either.  So to say he did, is just a speculation by you and others here.

Now in light of that we have many scriptures that show differently, including what Yehovah himself said right. He said that there is”no” other God besides him, and even commanded us not to even try to make one besides him not to even mention what Jesus himself said,  “this is eternal life, that they might know “YOU” the “ONLY” true God”,…. now when any person says the word “YOU” with the word “ONLY”, true God”, wouldn’t that AUTOMATICALLY exclude the person saying that as well as ANY OTHER being a “true GOD” ? 

NOW LET’S SEE WHAT GOD HIMSELF says about another God,

Isa 44: 6 -8…..Thus says the LORD (YEHOVAH) the king of Isreal, and his (Israel’s) redeemer the LORD (YEHOVAH) of hosts; I am the first and the last; and beside me there is “NO” God.  7, and who shall I call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are comming, and shall come, let them show unto them.  8,  Fear ye them not neither be afraid: have not I told you from that time, and have declared it? You are even my witnesses, Is there a God “besides me”,  Yea there is “NO” God ; “I know not any”. 

But you people think you know more then “Yehovah” our “ONLY” TRUE GOD DOES, We’ll see how that all works out in the end . 

Also Jesus  said,  “if they speak not in accordance with these scriptures, believe them not for there is “NO” truth “in” them.”

The primary principle for all true believers is,  that there is “ONLY” ONE TRUE GOD”. if you do not have that basic  understanding in you,  you are simply not of the Truth. IMO and Jesus’ also.

Peace and love to you and yours……….gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

YOU: Yes, Jesus is divine… as are God’s other faithful angels.

NO Mike, CREATURES LIKE ANGELS,

ARE NOT DIVINE.

ALL CREATURES ARE CREATED OUTSIDE OF GOD,

AD-EXTRA.

JESUS IS DIVINE THE FATHER’S SUBSTANCE.

AD -INTRA.

LIKE YOU AS A SOUL, ARE OF YOUR FATHER’S SUBSTANCE.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…..Jesus said,  “call no “man” on earth your Father”, for “ONE” IS “YOUR” FATHER,  who is in heaven”. 

Question is do you “truly believe Jesus”? 

Peace and love to you and yours ………..gene

Berean
    Participant

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Révélation 19:13. Say THAT Jesus’s name IS CALLED. THE WORD OF GOD.

IS it not clear Gene?

Do You believe THIS verse Gene ?

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: To all…..Jesus said,  “call no “man” on earth your Father”, for “ONE” IS “YOUR” FATHER,  who is in heaven”.

WITH EVERY RESPECT,

JESUS IN THE ABOVE WAS NOT REFERRING TO A FATHER IN

FLESH AND BLOOD!

JESUS HIMSELF MADE IT CLEAR

that THE FATHER IS SPIRIT, IN

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true adorers shall adore

the Father in spirit and in truth.(not with words)

For the Father also seeketh such to adore him. ( spiritually)

24God is a spirit; (the father of all spirits)

and they that adore him, must adore him in

spirit and in truth. 

Now Gene, get this into

YOUR CARNAL MIND, WHICH IS AN ENEMY FO GOD!

THAT

TRUTH  in the above IS

JESUS CHRIST!

John14:6

Jesus saith to him:

I am the way, and the truth, and the life. ( A DIRECT REFERENCE TO

ETERNAL LIFE OF

HUMANS IN FLESH AND BLOOD, the fact that HE LEFT HIS ONENESS WITH HIS

SPIRITUAL FATHER! ATTENTION Gene:)

No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

7If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also:

and from henceforth you shall know him, and

you have seen him. ( a clear reference to himself as

THE FATHER OF ALL FLESH)

JOHN 17:2 As thou hast given him

POWER OVER ALL FLESH

that he may give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him.

THUS IF YOU WANT TO ADORE GOD IN TRUTH

YOU CAN ONLY ACHIEVE THIS WHEN YOU

ADORE JESUS CHRIST

THE TRUTH on earth. 

Well clear in

John5:23 That all men may honour the Son,

as they honour the Father.

He who honoureth not the Son, honoureth not the Father,

who hath sent him.

OK Gene!

THE ONLY CARNAL GOD AND FATHER FOR HUMANITY IS

JESUS CHRIST, 

READ:

John 20:17 Jesus saith to her: Do not touch me,

for I am not yet

ascended to (the state and  glory of)

my Father.

But go to my brethren, and say to them:

I ascend to (the state and  glory of)

my Father and to your Father, to my God and your God.

ASSERTED IN Ephesians 4:6  One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.

ALSO IN

1John 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world is seated in wickedness. (SATANIC)

20And we know that the Son of God is come: (FROM WHERE Gene?)

and he hath given us understanding that we may know

THE TRUE GOD

and may be in his

TRUE SON

THE IS THE TRUE GOD AND LIFE ETERNAL.

WHETHER YOU ACCEPT IT OR NOT  

IT IS THE TRUTH IN

JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD GOD AND FATHER

OF THE HUMAN RACE IN FLESH AND BLOOD.

AS THE FATHER, SPIRIT, COULD NOT ACHIEVE  THIS ALL BY HIMSELF, EXCEPT IN

“THE WORD” JESUS THE SON OF MAN IN ONE GLORY WITH THE 

HOLY GHOST IN

JESUS CHRIST

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

I believe Jesus emptied himself of his glorious heavenly nature to be born on earth as a human being. After accomplishing what his and our God sent him to do, he ascended back to heaven, where he now exists with that previous glory – plus some more.

I hope that answers your question, as I couldn’t quite understand the wording.

Hi Mike,

Look at this thread Mike…

(They’re actually preaching Joseph is Jesus biological father, can you believe that?)

Joseph, Jesus’ father? Crazy people would believe this!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…..Jesus said the words I am telling you, “are” Spirit and life”.   Are not words the expressions of the Spirit “WITHIN”?  Remember GOD “SAID” LET THERE BE THIS AND THAT, and it came into existence. Words are not flesh, never were,  Jesus’ Father was God exactly as our father is also God, just as Jesus said he is. 

But then again you people really do not believe what Jesus said, or you would know that. All word are spirit either of GOD or of the Devil.

Mat 12: 36-37…..Jesus said this……But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof “in the day of judgement. For “BY” your “WORDS”,  you shall be “Justified,” and “BY”  your “WORDS”, you shall be condemmed”. 

Peace and love to you and your……..gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

John write
    In the beginning was THE WORD and THE WORD was with GOD and THE WORD was GOD ….
    When God speaks a word /(s), we can say that these spoken words are of God, or divine, but we cannot say that they are God, it is forcing the text to say that.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj….Wrong what we preach is that God formed  Jesus from the linage of King David, which WAS Joseph’s linage also. As Mathew clearly states.

What we are against, is that JESUS HAD A “PREEXISTING” LIFE BEFORE HE WAS BORN AS a flesh and blood being on this earth. That is our argument here, as far as Jesus’ linage goes scriptures show it clearly. 

Rom 1:3…..Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our lord, which was “made of the seed of David”, according to the flesh; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, “by” the resurection from the dead”: 

How was he declared to be a son of God?, “BY” THE RESURECTION FROM THE “DEAD”   and will we not also be declared to be Sons of God by our resurection from the dead if we die? 

2 Ti 2:8…..Remember that Jesus Christ “of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gosple:

Mat 1:1…..The book of the generation of Jesus Christ,  “the son of David”, the Son of Abraham.

Mat 12: 28….and all the people were amazed and said “is this not the , the son of David?

Mat 15: 22….have mercy on me , O lord, “you son of David…

Mat 20:30. AND 31…..Have mercy on us, O lord , “you son of David.

Mat 21:9….Hosanna “to the son of David” :

Mat 21: 15….Hosanna “to the Son of David; 

Luk 1: 69….. and has raised up a horn of salvation for us “in the house of his servant David”; 

Luk 2:4……. because he was of the “house and “linage” of David”. 

Rev 5:5….. the lion of (from) the tribe of Juda, the root of DAVID…..

That is what  some,  not all,  scripture says. But then again the question is do you believe what Jesus and scripture really says.

Peace and  love  to  you  and  yours. ………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene wrote

LU and Berean……Jodi is “exactly”  right,  Jesus was a direct decedent of King David, through the linage of Joseph,  as Matthew  says .   Why is it so hard for you to believe God the Father Took the DNA of Joseph  and impregnated Mary with it?  That certanly would be easier then the “morphing” process that you people preach of a preexisting God being, a thousand time easier to do and far more logical.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Why is it so hard for you to believe God the Father Took the DNA of Joseph  and impregnated Mary with it?

Gene  …You still believe THAT yes or no…?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean: No Mike. THE SON OF GOD IS GOD AS THE GOD IS GOD AND NOT AS THE ANGELS

Angels are not God as Jesus IS God

Angels are creature, not THE DIVINE ONLY ONE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD

There is actually no such thing as an “angel” in the Hebrew or Greek scriptures.  Both the Hebrew and Greek words translated into English as “angel” actually mean “messenger”.  When the “messenger” in question was deemed by the English translators to be a spirit entity, they used the word “angel”.  The Young’s Literal Translation (YLT) uses “messenger” every time, and never “angel”.   So a simple question:  Was Jesus ever a “spirit messenger” of God?

Revelation 1:1 Young’s Literal Translation
    A revelation of Jesus Christ, that God gave to him, to shew to his servants what things it behoveth to come to pass quickly; and he did signify it, having sent through his messenger to his servant John…

That is just one example of Jesus being a messenger of his and our God, YHWH.  And as a “spirit messenger” of God, Jesus is, by definition, an “angel of God”.  He is higher than God’s other spirit sons, being the firstborn and the beginning of the creation by God, but Jesus is indeed a creation of his and our God, and an “angel/spirit messenger” of his and our God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  Mike. , you Say scripture dosen’t “prohibit” it, but then again scripture does not say Jesus prexisted his birth on this earth either. 

Scripture clearly and explicitly teaches that Jesus pre-existed his dwelling among us on earth as flesh.  Maybe you could answer the question I’m asking Jodi right now…

WHO exactly did John the Baptizer come as a witness to?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Carmel: NO Mike, CREATURES LIKE ANGELS,

ARE NOT DIVINE.

Psalm 82 English Standard Version
    1 God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment…

6 I have said, “You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High…

Seems that two little verses in one psalm eliminate both Carmel’s and Gene’s arguments.  Of course there are many other verses to back these two up if anyone’s interested.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean: And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Révélation 19:13. Say THAT Jesus’s name IS CALLED. THE WORD OF GOD.

IS it not clear Gene?

Do You believe THIS verse Gene ?

Once again, it is impossible to rationally argue against this statement.  I’m anxious to see how Jodi and Gene answer my question about John the Baptizer.

Viewing 20 posts - 20,641 through 20,660 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account