JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,601 through 20,620 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Jesus being called The Word of God

Jodi,

“The Bible” doesn’t call him that, ‘religion’ does.

Make a note of it!

Ed J
    Participant

Ed J,
    Jesus was given the Word of God

Hi Jodi,

If Jesus was given the Word of God, then he cannot be that word.

When are you going to get that?

carmel
    Participant

Hi Edj,

WHETHER YOU ACCEPT IT OR NOT

IT’S YOUR PIGEON!

1 Peter 1:22 Purifying your souls in the obedience of charity, with brotherly love, from a sincere heart love one another earnestly:

23Being born again,

not of corruptible seed,(HUMAN SPERM)

but incorruptible, (“THE WORD” Jesus, the Son of Man, the seed, Matthew 13:37 Who made answer and said to them: He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man.)

by the word of God ( JESUS, THE SON OF MAN)

who liveth  (WHO IS THIS according to you?)

and remaineth forever.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God

is living and effectual,

and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature invisible in

his sight:(JESUS, THE SON OF MAN)

but all things are naked and open to

his eyes, to whom our speech is.(JESUS CHRIST)

James 1:21 Wherefore casting away all uncleanness, and abundance of naughtiness, with meekness receive

the ingrafted word, (THE SON OF MAN)

which is able to save your souls.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CARMEL ….Not so much as a single reference to God the Father , in your renditions,  man what a difference between you say  and what Jesus said. Jesus was all about the Father  in everything he did, , not himself, you are all about Jesus , and nothing about the Father of Jesus and Us, nothing about the God of Jesus, and us, nothing  about The Father of Jesus and  us also.  You do not believe Jesus our you would understand that Jesus said,  he could do “nothing” of or by himself.  Well did Jesus say “many would come in “his” name and decieve many. 

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed

You are NOT LISTENING AT ALL to what I have said. You have a MAJOR comprehension issue going on here.

You are asking me to realize something I already know full well, I was preaching it to you before you believed it yourself, if I am not mistaken!!

The name Jesus means YHVH is salvation but that does not make Jesus YHVH now does it?  Likewise, Jesus being given the title “The Word of God” doesn’t make Jesus “The Word” nor does it make him God.

Jesus was given the name that means YHVH is salvation because through Jesus God brought forth unto us our salvation.

Likewise, Jesus who has many titles, was given the title “The Word of God” where he is called this because we see in him God’s Word made true, through him we received God’s Word as Jesus spoke it to us, and because God uses him to fulfill His Word by giving him the very power of God’s Word to do with it as God commands him to do.  

Ed J, the “he” in the passages below is Jesus, not the Holy Spirit.

Let’s change the text to what you are trying to say,

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for The Holy Spirit is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with The Holy Spirit are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and The Holy Spirit that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness The Holy Spirit doth judge and make war. 12 The Holy Spirit’s eyes were as a flame of fire, and on The Holy Spirit’s head were many crowns; and The Holy Spirit had a name written, that no man knew, but The Holy Spirit himself. 13 And The Holy Spirit was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and The Holy Spirit’s name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed The Holy Spirit upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of The Holy Spirit’s mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it The Holy Spirit should smite the nations: and The Holy Spirit shall rule them with a rod of iron: and The Holy Spirit treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And The Holy Spirit hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS

LISTEN Ed J,

The LAMB is not the Holy Spirit, nor is the Holy Spirit a separate person from God, you know that though.

READ,

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Jesus has the Holy Spirit/The Word of God with it’s power resting upon him where, “out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron“.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Is this the confusion?

You think that Jesus couldn’t be given a title where he is called “The Word of God” because you think that would then have to mean that such would be saying that Jesus is The Holy Spirit??

You seem to be telling me that is what I would be saying (WHEN I AM NOT) and what I believe (which I DON’T) and then saying I am wrong because of it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..Jodi and I have been saying that Jesus “himself” was not the word of GOD,  FOR YEARS NOW, where have you been?

Jesus is not the word of God, nor is he the Spirit,  “anointing Spirit”,  of God, that he recieved after he was baptized at the Jordan river.  He is “the Anointed one” who has been given the “anointing Spirit of God”. That is why he is called the “Christ ” , or the “anointed one”, get it? 

If you can’t see and understand that,  you haven’t even begun to see the truth yet. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning All,

DETAILS in scripture give you the truth, people need to STOP IGNORING THEM. 

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest,

Ezekiel 36:4 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 

Folks, JESUS is NOT a “Son of God” according to being some “one of a kind being”. How it is that Jesus is a Son of God is EXACTLY how we are also God’s children, according to being born of God through God’s anointing Spirit, where then that Spirit, as it is with Jesus, is a witness to our spirit that we are children of God. Just as it is with Jesus who was anointed with God’s Spirit and is a Son of God by being led by God’s Spirit in all ways, the same is promised to be made true for us.

APPLY what we are told in Romans 8, apply what we are told in 1 Corinthians 15 and COMPARE Ezekiel 36 with that of Isaiah 11, 42, 45, and 61,

Isaiah 11 is prophecy that is NOT YET COMPLETED, it is to be completed when the SON OF MAN returns in our Father’s glory, where he will judge the world, being the MAN whom God ordained to do so. (Acts 17) 

11: 1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem OF JESSE, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Jesus is truly a human, a son of Jesse and David and is a Son of God ACCORDING to the Spirit, just as we are to be Sons of God according to God’s Spirit. 

How does the man, whom God declared from the beginning would come, execute God’s purpose for His creation? By being LED by God’s Spirit in all things through having been begotten of His Spirit, that is how! ..and by such he is a Son of God.

Not applying John 1:14 to that of Isaiah’s prophecies concerning Jesse and David’s son is total foolishness. The mortal man Jesus is not called God’s only begotten Son because he pre-existed as such. He is called God’s only begotten Son because he was the only mortal man filled with the Spirit of grace and truth, wisdom and understanding council and might, having received the very glory that God had promised in Isaiah 42, glory that no other mortal man would receive. Having the Spirit upon him he was sent TO perform signs and miracles where the people witnessed the son of David having God’s glory upon him. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of THE WORD of life; 2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was WITH the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Hebrews 5: 8-9…yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Just as WITH the Father from the beginning was the Word of eternal life, also With the Father from the beginning was the Word of a man who would fulfill the Word of eternal life. Without this man bringing forth life, nothing that was made would have been made, all things were made by reason of him. 

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Jesus God in nature,not in personnality

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

“The Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Father, is truly God in infinity, but not in personality.” (E. White UL 367 )

Christ is not God in personality. Christ is identified as “The Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Father.” The identity of Christ is a pillar of our faith and she makes it clear in that quote that Christ is:

Lord
    The only begotten son of the father
    Not God in personality
    “Christ is one with the father, but Christ and God are two distinct personages”(RH June 1, 1905)

“The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty, yet Christ and the Father are one.” (E.White SDA Bible Commentary, vol.5 p.1129)

John 1:1 is a good question. It means exactly what it says. But it is referring to Christ’s nature. Not to who he is. This verse is not referring to his identity.

The verse says “He was with God”. Who is he with? He’s with the father right? He’s not with a Trinity. And “He was God”. How are we to understand this? Christ was “in the form of God and equal with God”[Phi 2:6]. However he was not the eternal God. He was with God. He was equal with God. Who was he with? Who was he equal with? Obviously he is equal with the father “The only true God”[John 17:3].

It’s God who gave Christ his nature by birth. “For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;”. So Christ by inheritance obtained or recieved his nature[Heb 1:8]. This was “Given” to Christ[Matt 28:18]. The Trinitarian however believes that Christ posessed this on his own.

But Phillipians 2 tells us that”God also has highly exalted him… that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow”. In Hebrews 1:6 God said “let all the angels of God worship him”. All to the glory of our one God the father.

Compare it to having a child. This is a comparison.

When you are born let’s say your nature is God. In actuality and reality right now you are in the likeness of men. But let’s say you are “the God, the only God, there is no other God”.This is a comparison.

Let’s also say you have a son. This son by birth posesses your nature. He is born flesh of flesh, bone of bone, God by nature. So in the beginning was the word, the word was with “the God”[which would be you in the example], and the word was God by nature but yet that word is begotten or born from you. That word is by nature God.

Is the word the only true God in regards to identity? No. He is God by nature though. Now look closer at John 1 hopefully understanding the concept of his nature vs his identity.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The word was God in respect to his nature, then the word was made flesh in respect to his nature. This is not referring to the identity of the word. Otherwise since “the word was flesh” we would have to conclude that his identity is “flesh” and therefore when speaking of Jesus not only would we identify him as “God” but we could call him “flesh” as well. The word was the only begotten of the father. Now look at verse 18 and notice that God is the father alone, and no man has seen him. Regarding identity this verse defines him as the father, and Christ is identified as the son of God.

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

No man has seen God at any time. It’s a fact. This refers to “THE God”. No man has seen him, but the son has declared him. The son is a perfect copy[express image] of him. But he “the God” is the father alone.

Now hopefully you can see here who is “THE God” and what is meant by Christ and his nature. Compare John 1 to this..

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Who is he in the form of? The father. Who is he equal with? The father. No Trinity here obviously, and not 2 Gods. Christ is not another God, nor is he the eternal God himself, however he was fully God in nature. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

Notice a few verses later what it says..

Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God exalted him, God made him equal. And every knee is not bowing to the glory of God the trinity, nor are they bowing to the glory of God the father and God the son. But they are bowing and confessing Christ is Lord to the glory of God the father, the only true God, there is no other God but he.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

You understand what is meant by the nature of Christ. He was God by nature, but yet not the eternal God.

“But although Christ’s glory was for a time veiled and eclipsed by His assuming humanity, yet He did not cease to be God when He became man…The man Christ Jesus was not the Lord God Almighty, yet Christ and the Father are one.” E.White SDA Bible Commentary, vol.5 p.1129

Regarding Christ’s nature AT Jones says he was by nature God by birth.

“He is the One whom the Lord possessed “in the beginning of His way;” who was “set up from everlasting;” who “was by Him as one brought up with Him.” Proverbs 8:22, 23, 30. He is the one “whose goings forth have been from of old, from the days of Eternity.” Micah 5:2, (with margin). He is the only begotten of the Father, and is therefore in very substance of the nature of God; in Him “dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;” He, therefore, by divine right of “inheritance,” bears from the Father the name of “God.” John 3:16; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:4-8. Thus Christ Jesus was indeed by divine and eternal right one of God – “equal with God.””[AT Jones, The spirit of Papacy]

Also EJ Waggoner said similar saying Christ is “of the substance of the Father, so that in his very nature he is God“…In this sense “the word was God”

“In arguing the perfect equality of the Father and the Son, and the fact that Christ is in very nature God, we do not design to be understood as teaching that the Father was not before the Son. It should not be necessary to guard this point, lest some should think that the Son existed as soon as the Father; yet some go to that extreme, which adds nothing to the dignity of Christ, but rather detracts from the honor due him, since many throw the whole thing away rather than accept a theory so obviously out of harmony with the language of Scripture, that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.He was begotten, not created. He is of the substance of the Father, so that in his very nature he is God; and since this is so “it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell.” Col. 1:19 … While both are of the same nature, the Father is first in point of time. He is also greater in that he had no beginning, while Christ’s personality had a beginning (E. J. Waggoner, The Signs of the Times, April 8, 1889

“Christ, the Word, the only begotten of God, was one with the eternal Father—one in nature, in character, in purpose—the only being that could enter into all the counsels and purposes of God.” (E White PP 34)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes. While God is spirit, that doesn’t make all spirits God. Angels are spirits and are not God.

Likewise, God’s nature is divine, but not all who have divine nature are God.

If Jesus Christ has divine nature, it doesn’t make him God and we already know that he is the son of that God.

Case closed.

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

“But what about you?” Jesus asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven.…

carmel
    Participant

Hi, proclaimer,

NOT PRECISELY,

HE BECAME IN ALL THINGS LIKE US AND

MADE US AUTHENTIC ALL IN HIM.

We are already in heaven in the kingdom of the Son.

ALL IN JESUS CHRIST.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike: It’s not two different “God’s Sons”, Jodi.  Jesus was the firstborn Son of God long before the other angels or our world was created.  Jesus was “created as the first of God’s works”, and was “the beginning of the creation by God”.  So he was already the only begotten Son of God long before he was sent into the world.  God’s Son was then born on earth as a human being by a combination of Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary.

Romans 8:3
    For what the Law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.

See?  Jesus was already God’s Son before.  But THEN God sent His son to be born of a woman and dwell on earth in the likeness of sinful man… ie: the Word who was with God in the beginning BECAME flesh.

Jodi: I put in bold that which directly addressed my question, however I am still a little unclear. “A combination of Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary”, so Jesus was combination of the Holy Spirit and Mary? Where does the already existing Son come in then? Or are you saying that the power of the Holy Spirit combined the already existing Son with Mary?…which that I can’t wrap my brain around.

No, Jesus himself wasn’t a combo of Mary and the Holy Spirit.  Jesus was brought into existence as a human being VIA the Holy Spirit and the human being Mary.

Matthew 1:20

When he had contemplated this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, because the child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

You were conceived by a combo of your mom and your dad – but you aren’t literally a combo of your mom and dad.  Jesus had no fleshly father.  He became a human being through a combo of his mom and the Holy Spirit. The preexisting Son emptied himself of the glory he had alongside his God before the world began, and God transformed him into a human being via the vessel of Mary.  Just like God could raise up children of Abraham from stones – and just like God could take Michael, Gabriel, or any of his spirit sons and transform them into a fleshly human being if He wanted to.  If he had Michael born on earth via a human mother, it doesn’t mean Michael hadn’t already existed as a person before he was transformed.  In Jesus’ case it means that God’s Son who had existed in heaven since before the world began ceased to exist in heaven as a spirit entity and began a different existence as a human being for 33 years.  Then he was transformed to his former glory and now exists in heaven as a spirit entity AGAIN (not for the first time).

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Jodi, I’ve been absent for a while, but would still like to walk through John 1 with you.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome a it.

I’m sure you’d agree that all of these pronouns refer to “the logos”, right?  They are all written in the singular masculine form (him/he), but the word “logos” itself is masculine in Greek, so I won’t make a big deal out of that.   But then moving on…

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

At this point, you only need ask yourself who or what John the Baptizer came to testify about.  What is the answer?  Well, Jesus the Christ of God of course, right? So if we know that John came only to testify to the impending arrival of God’s Christ, and the Apostle John says he came to testify concerning the logos/life/light that was with God in the beginning, what logical conclusion can we draw so far?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Except for many things according to scripture which collectively go against I believe what you are saying.

Jesus does not exist as a spirit entity, he is a man of flesh who will sit on his father David’s throne ACCORDING TO THE FLESH and is a Son of God ACCORDING to the Spirit.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Romans 1: 1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made (Ginomai/come into EXISTENCE) of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 

Jesus was raised in glory, in power, made incorruptible and he was a witness to many where he proved to them he was NOT a spirit, but indeed flesh and bones (1 Cornithians 15: 42-42 Luke 24:39).

Mike, Jesus became that which God had promised before the world began, a human with eternal life, he is a Son of Man (anthropos/human being) who sits at the right hand of God and is returning in our Father’s glory. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Mike and All,

Remember God said that He made man in his own image.

He said that He did not make the earth in vain but for it to be inhabited.

Scripture likewise tells us that all flesh would come to worship him. 

We are told that we are to be made into the image of the Son, that he might be a firstborn among many brethren. 

We are told that Jesus was raised given the promised Holy Spirit, and as said he is of the seed of David a Son of God according to the Spirit by his resurrection from the dead. 

We are told that those who are led by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God and that God is going to open the graves give us a new heart of flesh and place His Spirit upon us and cause us to walk in all of God’s ways.

God had said that He declared the END from the beginning, and that a man would come and execute His purpose for His creation, why He created all things in the first place.

Jesus became an eternal heir of God’s Spirit and we are to be heirs of God, joint heirs with Christ (the anointed of the Spirit).

This declaration from the beginning was of salvation, this was a declaration of salvation according to righteousness (Isaiah 46).

The Spirit is LIFE because of righteousness!!

Eternal life is not a matter of becoming a “spirit being”, it is a matter of whatever kind of being God made you to be is a being that is fully LED by God’s Spirit, where then He through the fullness of His Spirit thus makes you of His image, where you are caused/influenced to walk in all His ways.  Why we are told that the Spirit is to bear witness with our spirit that we are children of God. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

I believe there is a very profound message that the scriptures teach that many on this forum have not yet seen the light of yet.

It is in regards to the BODY OF SIN that Paul speaks of, so I will start a new thread about it.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

May God give you to see who Jesus, the Son of the living God, really is.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

When you don’t apply the given truth you then read other scriptures with total error.

YOU:  Jesus does not judge by his own eyes and ears, 

John 5:30……As I hear, so I judge: and my judgment is just;…….

YOU: Jesus will not be alone,

he will not be the only one (BE SPECIFIC PLEASE USING SCRIPTURE)

who will have God’s Spirit to discern the thoughts and intents of people’s hearts giving them judgement.

READ:

John5:22 For neither doth the Father JUDGE ANY MAN, (as the Father IS not MAN)

but hath given all judgment to the Son. ( AS ONLY HE IS MAN)

23That all men may honour the Son, (AS A HUMAN GOD)

as they honour the Father. ( AS A SPIRIT GOD)

He who honoureth not the Son, (AS GODMAN)

honoureth not the Father, (AS GOD SPIRIT) who hath sent him.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@berean

May God give you to see who Jesus, the Son of the living God, really is.

You said it. He is the son of the living God.

Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.…

Do we need to add to this and why?

There is one God, the Father, and one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Viewing 20 posts - 20,601 through 20,620 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account