JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 20,581 through 20,600 (of 25,925 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Hi Gene,

I was just reading your point to LU, about how it was the Jews false perception that Jesus had actually broke the Sabbath commandment, very good point. So I also see your point that if the author was again giving the Pharisees perception, we don’t take their perception as true.

Now certainly if the Pharisees believed that to be a Son of God meant that you were yourself God, one would most definitely be in major error to apply that perception as holding any truth.

One only has to keep reading to see how it is that Jesus sees himself as a Son of God, as a child who obeys his Father’s instruction, as a Son who follows not his own will but his Father’s, a Son who can do nothing of himself.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi…..“perfect”.  I am so grateful  you do understand these things, an evident token of the Spirit of Truth abiding “in” you, continue trusting in GOD the Father like Jesus did, and his “spirit of truth”  will reveal more and more unto you. 

You have much to offer Jodi, offer it as God our father reveals it unto you, through the spirit of truth that is “in” you,  it is our testomeny both to God the Father and our Brother Jesus, our lord,  “but better”,  our “brother”, who the Father has placed to over us to  Shepherd us all.

It also seem Edj, is also comming around, he has come to see that Jesus himself is “not the word of God,  “himself”  but an anointed man who gave us the “words” given him “by” God, his father and our father, his God and our God.   He has taken the “big step”,  of breaking the chain of false teachings imposed on nearly all Christanity today, by false teachers the servants of the devil. May God continue to show him truth. 

Pray for T8 also that God will help him come to a better understanding,  he does a great service here for us all. He also  believes Jesus is not GOD, that I give him to his credit.

Peace and love to you and yours Jodi………….gene  

Ed J
    Participant

LU…….,
    /
    Jesus is called the word of God , not because he is the words of God himself, but because God the Father gives him the words to tell us, or don’t you truly believe what he said, “the words I am telling you are not “my” words, but the words of him that sent me”.
    /
    Peace and love to you all and yours. ……….gene

Gene,

No-where is Jesus ever called “The Word” of God in Scripture.
    If you have a specific place please show it. Instead it is merely
    inferred by people who don’t understand the bible as a whole.

“The Word” is God’s HolySpirit who grows and multiplies in us.

Ed J
    Participant

(1)It also seem Edj, is also comming around, he has come to see that Jesus himself is “not the word of God, “himself” but an anointed man who gave us the “words” given him “by” God, his father and our father, his God and our God.
    /
    (2)He has taken the “big step”, of breaking the chain of false teachings imposed on nearly all Christanity today, by false teachers the servants of the devil. May God continue to show him truth.

Hi Gene,

1) I have been telling you that since day 1 that I joined this site here.

2) Don’t delude yourself. After all you don’t believe you even have a “Free Will”.
    Without one, how can you possibly believe you can convince anyone of anything anyway?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Below is the passage that folks connect to John 1:1 and equate Jesus to be “the Word”.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

This is why Gene spoke to LU about how Jesus has been given many names/titles, making the point that as he is called the Lamb of God, that doesn’t make him literally a lamb, just as Jesus being called the Word of God does not literally make him The Word.

carmel
    Participant

Hi, Jodi,

YOU: There was NO Son that was SENT until

after the baptism John preached.

Jodi, ACCORDING TO YOU JESUS WAS SENT

INTO THIS WORLD ON HIS BAPTISM RIGHT?

WHICH FOR YOU IT WAS ALSO

HIS ARRIVAL INTO THE WORLD TO PREACH HIS GOSPEL!

Jodi, IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE SENT ON MARS TODAY, 2020, AND YOU ARRIVE IN MARS SAY IN 2025

DOES THAT MEAN THAT YOU WERE SENT ON MARS ON 2025, AS WELL? or IN ACTUAL FACT YOU 

ARRIVED ON 2025!

ANSWER, IF ACCORDING TO YOU JESUS WAS SENT ON HIS BAPTISM,

WHICH IN ACTUAL FACT WAS HIS ARRIVAL TO START HIS MISSION,

CAN YOU DETERMINE THE PRECISE MOMENT 

WHEN “THE WORD” MADE FLESH, JESUS, THE SON  OF MAN WAS IN

THE TRUTH SENT?

NOW JUST TO REFRESH YOUR CARNAL MINDED MENTALITY, READ THE SCRIPTURES HEREUNDER:

Rev.13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth adored him, whose names are not written in

the book of life of the Lamb which was slain from the beginning of the world.

John1:29 The next day, John saw Jesus coming to him; and he saith:

Behold the Lamb of God.( Jodi, can God be HIS OWN LAMB? Definitely not)

Behold him who taketh away

the sin of the world. ( can God take away THE SIN OF THE WORLD? Definitely not.

GOD THE  FATHER, Jodi, CANNOT DO ALL THINGS BY HIMSELF, regarding redemption! CANNOT BE

OUR SAVIOUR! UNLESS JESUS IS IN ANYWAY GOD!)

John1:14 And the Word(GOD) was made flesh

and dwelt among us (and we saw

his glory, the glory as it were of the only begotten of the Father),

full of grace and truth. 15John beareth witness of him and crieth out, saying: This was he of whom I spoke: He that shall come after

me is preferred before me: (IN WHAT WAY Jodi, John was also a SON OF ABRAHAM AND DAVID, but definitely of earthly FLESH, LIKE ABRAHAM, and DAVID were.

BUT JESUS WAS NOT OF THE EARTH, carry on reading)

because he was before me. (John, the ANGEL OF GOD, was SENT from God! AFTER Jesus was slain like a lamb…Rev.13:8. )

Jodi, was John SENT when he started baptizing, OR BAPTIZING WAS his arrival for his mission! I wonder if you are in a position to tell me WHEN JOHN WAS SENT, that would definitely make YOUR MIND FOR THE FIRST TIME, 

NOT CARNAL! THAT WILL BE THE DAY!

16And of 

HIS FULNESS we all have received: and grace for grace.

17For the law was given by Moses: grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 18No man hath seen God at any time:

the only begotten Son (BEFORE THE WORLD WAS)

who is (ETERNAL JESUS CHRIST)

in the Bosom of the Father, (AND IN THE SAME TIME WHILE ON EARTH)

he hath declared him.

John3:16 For God so loved the world,

as to give his only begotten Son:( JESUS CHRIST GODMAN BEFORE THE WORLD WAS,  JOHN6:62)

that whosoever believeth in him may not perish, but may have life everlasting. 

17For God sent not his Son into the world, ( Jodi, WHEN DID GOD SEND HIS SON?  read  Zechariah 3)

to judge the world: but that the world may be saved

BY HIM.( GOD THE FATHER CANNOT DO ALL BY HIMSELF unless Jesus is God.)

18He that believeth in him is not judged. But he that doth not believe is already judged: because he believeth not in

the name of the only begotten Son of God.( Jesus, eternally the only begotten Son of God)

John3:28 You yourselves do bear me witness that I said that I am not Christ, but that  I am sent before him.

29He that hath the bride is the bridegroom:( JESUS Jodi, is both THE BRIDE and THE BRIDEGROOM, SAY SOMETHING IN THIS REGARD PLEASE:)

but the friend of the bridegroom,

who standeth and heareth Him, rejoiceth with joy because of

the bridegroom’s voice.( WHO IS THIS BRIDEGROOM VOICE, Jodi,  let me hear YOUR CARNAL MINDED WISDOM)

This my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30He must increase: but I must decrease.

31He that cometh from above is above all. (From where was Jesus sent?)

He that is of the earth, of the earth he is, and of the earth he speaketh. ( A CLEAR REFERENCE TO JOHN HIMSELF)

He that cometh from heaven is above all. (A clear reference to “THE WORD” the Son of Man TO BE, Jesus, pre-existed as a spirit)

And what he hath seen and heard that he testifieth:

( AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL: it is written in THE PRESENT PERFECT TENSE, Jesus task commenced in the past, Jodi, He pre-existed and was the protagonist in the entire process of creation, John 6:27,  precisely during the time

WHEN HE WAS SENT, by the Father  well ASSERTED in

Isaiah48:15 I , (God the Father) even I have spoken and CALLED HIM:(JESUS SENT)

I HAVE BROUGHT HIM, and HIS WAY  is made PROSPEROUS.

16Come ye near unto me, and HEAR THIS:(ATTENTION Jodi “THE WORD” JESUS, THE SON OF MAN is now TALKING)

I (THE WORD”) have not spoken in secret from THE BEGINNING: 

from the time before it was done, 

I was there, and now the Lord God hath

SENT ME, and HIS SPIRIT.(the Son of Man”THE WORD” of God, and THE SON OF GOD, The Holy Ghost, the VOICE of God)

and no man receiveth his testimony. (not even you Jodi I’m afraid! With every respect)

33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal

THAT GOD IS TRUE. ( ONLY THROUGH JESUS,

GOD IS TRUE,

the Father ALL BY HIMSELF COULD DO NOTHING ON THIS PHYSICAL SATANIC WORLD)

34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God:(CONFIRMED ABOVE)

for God doth not give the Spirit by measure. (CONFIRMED ABOVE)

35The Father loveth the Son: (BEFORE THE WORLD WAS, John 17:24)

and he hath given all things into his hand. (EVEN GODSHIP, JESUS CHRIST; Notice again, present perfect tense, )

36He that believeth in the Son hath life everlasting: ( WHERE IS THE FATHER)

but he that believeth not the Son ( EVEN IF HE BELIEVE IN THE FATHER)

shall not see life: but the wrath of God (SATAN) abideth on him.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

HI, Jodi,

YOU: This is why Gene spoke to LU about how Jesus has been given many names/titles, making the point that as he is called the Lamb of God, that doesn’t make him literally a lamb, just as Jesus being called the Word of God does not literally make him The Word.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and effectual and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow: and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature invisible in his sight:

but all things are naked and open to

HIS EYES, to whom our speech is.

DEFINITELY JESUS CHRIST

CAN ANY OF YOU, Jodi, Edj, and Gene

Explain

HOW ON EARTH

THE WORD IS LIVING AND EFFECTUAL AND SO ON IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE PLEASE?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

There is but ONE GOD THE FATHER WHO IS ABOVE ALL, His name is YHVH and He ALONE by HIMSELF made heaven, earth, and all things.

You can know this clearly by reading the below passages.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

This teaches directly that Jesus is not YHVH and that he did not create heaven, earth, and man.

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things….

11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

YHVH who ALONE is GOD where there is NONE ELSE, it is He that forms the light and it is He that makes Jesus for to be a light for us. When YHVH our God said “let there be light”, His word from the beginning was also of another light, a man who would come and execute YHVH’s purpose, the very reason why YHVH was creating heaven, earth, and man in the first place. YHVH would have never said “let there be light” if in His word there was not the light that would bring forth eternal life.

Isaiah 45:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself; 25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish; 26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:

Jesus was sent by his God and our God, his Father and our Father ,TO BE A SERVANT a messenger of God, where he was able to speak God’s word because God’s Spirit came to rest upon him. Our ONE TRUE GOD THE FATHER’S name is YHVH, and YHVH gives HIS WORD that He ALONE is God and He ALONE created heaven, earth, and all things.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Mark 10:4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. 5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. 6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Jesus is not God, he is not YHVH, he lives in the image of our God YHVH, where YHVH’S Spirit is all in him, where he is a Son of God because he is led by God in all ways. We are to be joint heirs with Jesus. I do not become our God YHVH, I am to be changed to be made in the image of his Son that he might be a firstborn of many brethren, that image is that of a human who has our God YHVH’s Spirit all in.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

When you don’t apply the given truth you then read other scriptures with total error.

As said before, Isaiah’s prophecies are not yet completed, and what you have is the son of Jesse who fulfills YHVH’s word through YHVH’s Spirit that is upon him directing all his ways. According to the word of God given to us by Isaiah concerning Jesus our lord, Jesus does not judge by his own eyes and ears, he judges as being appointed to the right hand of God, doing God’s will as a righteous servant.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Jesus will not be alone, he will not be the only one who will have God’s Spirit to discern the thoughts and intents of people’s hearts giving them judgement.

Matt 19:28 And Jesus said unto them,Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration (NEW BIRTH) when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Hebrews 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. 12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Below is the passage that folks connect to John 1:1 and equate Jesus to be “the Word”.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

This is why Gene spoke to LU about how Jesus has been given many names/titles, making the point that as he is called the Lamb of God, that doesn’t make him literally a lamb, just as Jesus being called the Word of God does not literally make him The Word.

Hi Jodi,

You want me to show you that verse instead refers to God’s HolySpirit.

Ed J
    Participant

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and effectual and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow: and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
    CAN ANY OF YOU, Jodi, Edj, and Gene Explain HOW ON EARTH

THE WORD IS LIVING AND EFFECTUAL AND SO ON IN THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE PLEASE?

Hi Carmel,

First get a real bible:

“For “The Word” of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
    piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow,
    and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)

Then you can start with the correct biblical understanding:
    The word “Quick” here means: “Makes Alive”

Ed J
    Participant

Asking questions is the way to learn Carmel

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj……To answer your question,  we need to define what a WORD IS.  A word is an “utterance”  of the perceptions in your mind, which is  your life, it is an “utterance”  of  how you see  things, hence  your spirit, “cognisity” .  So words are are  as Jesus said ,  “the words I am telling you “are” spirit and life.  But remember he also  said those words were not “his words” but the words of him that sent him. 

If a person has the Spirits of God “in” them, they will perceive things like God does, God the Father sends his Spirit into us guiding our thinking and that effwcts the way we live.  God the Father himself  is the “tree of life” , therefore whosoever has the Spirit of the Living God “in” them has God abiding “in” him.  Did not Jesus tell us the Father was “in” him.  When Jesus was anointed he recieved the fulness of all the Seven Spirits of GOD “INTO” HIM.

We have been given the “earnest of the Spirit “into” us, “the Spirit (cognisity) of the truth, so we know the sound of the truth, by that spirit given us,   but we have not the fullness of the Spirit,  as Jesus has and had. But again none of that makes us a God, nor does it make Jesus himself a God either. We have been I believe,  “begotten” but not yet “born”  that takes place at the resurection,  Jesus was begotten when he was baptized, but not yet born of the spirit, untill he was resurected from the grave, never to die again.  He is the first human being ever born into eternal life, he has all the seven Spirits of the living God “in” him, and the seven “horn” (powers).  God the Father gives him “His” words and powers ,   to tell and show us the Fathers “will” .  Therefore we bow our knee to Jesus our lord, “unto the glory of God the Father”.

Again a word is a “utterance” derived from the Spirit (cognisity) working “in”  your mind, therefore we are told to “let this mind be “in” us which was “in” Jesus Christ our lord”. Now if that mind of the Spirit of God,  abides “in” you,  then you are a begotten son of the Living God, just as Jesus was when he was on this earth.

I hope this helped Edj.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

@berean

Having or sharing the same nature as God (divine) does not make you God. Just the same that sharing the nature of Adam doesn’t make you Adam.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J and All,

YOU:No-where in Scripture is Jesus said to be “The Word”.

ME: Correct!! He is called The Word OF GOD.

And for very good reasons

1. God gave HIS WORD that He would anoint the son of Jesse with His Spirit, this Word OF GOD spoken by Him was made true in the flesh, made true in Jesus of Nazareth. We can also include him being wounded and killed on the cross and his resurrection, where his flesh was not allowed to see decay.
    2. God gave HIS WORD that the one whom He would anoint He would send out and have him preach His Word, The Word of God of eternal life!
    3. God gave HIS WORD that the one whom He would anoint He would send out to fulfill God’s SPOKEN PROMISES.

It is just ridiculous to say that Jesus exists as someone else’s spoken word, totally nonsensical by all means. 

Jesus is CALLED The Word of God BECAUSE he represents the Word of God fulfilled in him according to many promises, because he brought to us The Word of God, and because by him he has and will continue to fulfill The Word of God. 

Ed J
    Participant

Edj……
    (1)We have been I believe, “begotten” but not yet “born” that takes place at the resurection,
    (2)Jesus was begotten when he was baptized, but not yet born of the spirit, untill he was resurected from the grave, never to die again.

1) No Gene, born and begotten mean the same thing… Jodi agrees with me, not you!

2) No Gene, Christ was begotten of God at Bethlehem, not at the Jordan river.
    The spirit of Christ (the bread from heaven) was born in Bethlehem (the house of bread)

Your Theology turns God’s word into spaghetti noodles, which you twist to conform to your FreeWill.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J and All,

That is false Jodi – and Gene agrees with me, not you!

I started a number of threads to show you God’s truth, repent therefore and believe the truth

What does Hebrews 11:3 teach us?

What does Jeremiah 18:1,5 teach us?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU: That is false Jodi – and Gene agrees with me, not you!

YOU: You want me to show you that verse instead refers to God’s Holy Spirit.

ME:

Ed J, Revelation 19:13 is NOT speaking of the Lamb Jesus Christ???

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. 

Jodi
    Participant

Ed J,

The passages you gave support exactly what I have been saying, I have used those passages myself before.

I have spoken many times saying that Jesus does not represent The Word in John 1:1.

I have given posts speaking of John 1:1 and Revelation 19:13 together explaining that Rev 19:13 does not equate Jesus to being The Word in John 1:1.

The name Jesus means YHVH is salvation, that does not mean that Jesus is YHVH, just like Jesus being called The Word of God doesn’t make Jesus actually The Word or The Word of God.

Jodi
    Participant

Ed J, To give further clarification of my understanding,

YHVH our only true God the Father speaks where He declares truth, and where He speaks prophecy and promises.

The Word of God is powerful, that which is spoken becomes true, it cannot be held back.

Jesus was given the Word of God, he received it’s power and obeyed God’s commands in using it, “And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.”

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

When Jesus returns he has the Word of God upon him with it’s authority and power to do God’s will, which is why he is called The Word of God in Revelation 19.

Viewing 20 posts - 20,581 through 20,600 (of 25,925 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account