Intellect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is love.
    Love is of the heart, not the mind.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I beg to differ.
    He teaches and that is the problem

I have been around long enough to witness everyone teaching at one time or another.

Scripture is meant to be our true teacher.

Agreed. However, who is qualified to interpret the scriptures 100% accurately?

The Spirit reveals what is written by one scripture supporting another.

This is one way, sure. However this can also be the downfall of those who love to quilt their own theologies together. You have to admit, some ideas we have heard here are strange. Yet they use scripture – yes sir – they do!

Human teachers should only teach in submission to what is written not teach opinion.

I think if man were able to do this they would be nearing perfection. I do not know a man who can teach without passion or without inserting his own ideas and beliefs into the mix. I certainly haven't seen any of the teacher's you are talking about here… :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So the Spirit is not intellect?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2008,10:08)
    Hi not3,
    To study truth you need an agreed foundation.
    I live in hope that Gene will confirm this should be scripture, just scripture..

Greetings Nick…..It is the understanding of scripture that will bring about the desired effect…..The under standing is fostered by meaningfull discussion of each others perception of what constitutes truth….It is called a forum(discussion)not a classroom….

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2008,22:44)
    Hi,

Greetings Nick…..Intellect is a God given gift,how we us it would dictate the presense of the spirit or the lack thereof.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all………Intellect is the expression of Spirit and without Spirit there is no intellect at all, and without Spirit all would die. Jesus said the (WORDS) I am speaking (ARE SPIRIT) Your either believe that or not. And if the WORDS are Spirit then the SPIRIT are WORDS , and Words are the expression of OUR INTELLECT Period, it's just that simple. So with that knowledge we know by trying a persons words we are trying the spirit because the Spirit is the intellect which drives the Words spoken. When a man is given Gods Spirit He speaks with new words, Why because His intellect has been changed by GOD. It all makes sense if you think about it. The seven Spirits of God are Seven intellects and the combination of them represent GOD and Jesus has the seven Spirits of GOD in Him, Just as it says.

Love and peace to all………..gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 02 2008,23:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2008,22:44)
    Hi,

Greetings Nick…..Intellect is a God given gift,how we us it would dictate the presense of the spirit or the lack thereof.

Theo,

Well said.  I think that when we provoke one another there is little room for meaningful discussion and comparing notes.  Also, needless to say, there is little room for the Spirit to move.  Good reminder to us all.

I guess one's “provoking” could be another's “challenge”. In giving this some thought, I guess we're all on our own here! :laugh:

In the end, I just pray there is a bit of love that can shine through.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 02 2008,23:09)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 02 2008,10:08)
    Hi not3,
    To study truth you need an agreed foundation.
    I live in hope that Gene will confirm this should be scripture, just scripture..

Greetings Nick…..It is the understanding of scripture that will bring about the desired effect…..The under standing is fostered by meaningfull discussion of each others perception of what constitutes truth….It is called a forum(discussion)not a classroom….

Hi,
    One thing we should remember is that God chooses men of weakness, of limited intellect, in whom to show His power. Understanding has been more of a hindrance in the history of man's relationship with God as shown in the useless religious behaviours of the scribes and pharisees. Understanding can be as vanity unless linked with actions. The limited understanding, and rather faith of a child is more useful to God.

1 Corinthians 1:26
    For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1 Corinthians 1:25
    Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

2 Corinthians 12:9
    And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick,
    I really appreciated your post.
    Thanks,
    Mandy

charity
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 02 2008,18:44)
    Hi Nick,

I beg to differ.
    He teaches and that is the problem

I have been around long enough to witness everyone teaching at one time or another.

Scripture is meant to be our true teacher.

Agreed.  However, who is qualified to interpret the scriptures 100% accurately?

The Spirit reveals what is written by one scripture supporting another.

This is one way, sure.  However this can also be the downfall of those who love to quilt their own theologies together.  You have to admit, some ideas we have heard here are strange.  Yet they use scripture – yes sir – they do!

Human teachers should only teach in submission to what is written not teach opinion.

I think if man were able to do this they would be nearing perfection.  I do not know a man who can teach without passion or without inserting his own ideas and beliefs into the mix.  I certainly haven't seen any of the teacher's you are talking about here…  :;):

Hey Mandy always a pleasure to read your posts!!

And as for strange reports to rerflect…ye shall need to see their ways? and their doings ? before perhaps following.

How then shall we veiw words without seen actons
    actons passed away but instructons live on.

Eze 14:22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, [both] sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, [even] concerning all that I have brought upon it.

charity
    Participant

Nick
    This god writes to us…that fleash may become poored out spirit!
    So YOU MAY TRUST AFTER FLESH AND BLOOD THAT WRITES FOR SPIRIT WITH A FLESH HAND?
    Yet to know and see their ways, takes time, interlect, more than words, to be more than the said blind foolish faith

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:  
    Joe 3:8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken [it].

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charity,
    The donkey did not need much intelligence to be used of God.

Numbers 22:28
    And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 03 2008,16:06)
    Hi Charity,
    The donkey did not need much intelligence to be used of God.

Numbers 22:28
    And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Yes, no problem with the ass Mr ed, but more so a human that answered it?
    You know you could be locked up these days for telling people you talked to an ass donkey?

Gen 3:2 and the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden
    The woman is accused for entertaining a fallen angel Nick, eve shows hospitality!! just as we entertain strangers to find out what they have to report. I eat apples everyday I come hear?

And the trees decided who would be King …NOT God?:
    Jdg 9:8
    The trees went forth [on a time] to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    God was not happy that men decided they needed a leader between them and their God.
    Entertaining strangers yes but not unto spiritual seduction.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So what are these “free intellects” that you say influence men and go in and out?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..free intellects are the intellects of good and evil, and they go freely in and out of everyone that has a mind.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Are these beings?
    Can they think and know things and speak?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    What do you think of these ideas?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..no they are not beings they are thoughts or intellects , in fact all words are thoughts of intellects. Now some can be clean and some unclean and what ever a man sows into himself it will come out of him, Your problem is you don;t realize there always existed every thought either good or evil that can ever exist. And life consists of these , with out them there would be no intellect at all. Imagine if you can three containers, one of perfectly clear water (good), one with black ink water in it(EVIL) and one empty. When we are born we are neither good or evil we have neither good or evil in us. But as we begin to grow water is being poured into us and soon we become a mixture of the clear and black water , we are simply receptors of what is being feed into us and what ever is will come out of us.

Jesus said if the light in you be darkness, how great is that darkness, you see if we have been exposed to more darkness we will be more dark, and is we have taken in more clear water we will have more light in us. Most are a mixture of both good and evil , but God Can Filter the dark water or spirit out of Us and cleanses us , Tho they sins be as dark as crimson they shall be as white as wool. God said he would take our sins away from us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. We need to believe Him and trust Him to do what He said he would.imo

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So who are these teachings from?
    We prefer the Word.

9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt[a] water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account