Intellect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some seem to think intellect is spirit.
    Intellect is not found in the bibles I looked up.

Wikipedia says

“Intelligence (also called intellect) is an umbrella term used to describe a property of the mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn. There are several ways to define intelligence. In some cases, intelligence may include traits such as creativity, personality, character, knowledge, or wisdom. However, some psychologists prefer not to include these traits in the definition of intelligence. ”

So it is an aspect rather of the mind-that which must be renewed.

Rom12
    1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….intelect is intellect no mater what if it is changed intellect it's still intellect, and you cannot remove it from the aspect of the mind, if you completer remove intellect you are a sombre and blank a mindless person. So give up your intellect and you give up your life, God add to and changes our intellect by His spirit, but does not remove it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Rather I think our mind must submit to what is written.
    Feeding on the bread of life lets Christ live in us and work through us.

charity
    Participant

Intellect is found or stolen at any foundation?
    THERE is NO room for interlect where systems are taught? they have been engenered with closures
    The Adam and eve story, is a foundation,
    When it truly consumed and completely eaten as the truth……IT is a world without end…then negotiable only on opinions, without freedom.
    Vexed spirits. Need a free will to judge themselves free of Adams God and first world?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..wrong again , Our minds are changed or regenerated to conform to the Gods way by HIM giving us the revealed intellect need to change our thinking. Salvation is a work of God not Mans work.

That why Jesus said no man can come unto me unless the Father drag him. I know you hate the thought of that as all self willed people do, but none the less thats what Jesus said, you can either believe it or not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So all you need is ONE SCRIPTURE that says
    spirit is intellect
    and we will take your idea seriously.

Just one.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….I will give it to you again and try to figure it out, Jesus said the (WORDS) i am telling you (ARE SPIRIT) now look up the definition of (WORD) you will it means and EXPRESSION OF INTELLECT> So if thats what word means and the Spirit is Words Jesus Spoke then Spirit is also intellect. Its just that simple.

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 07 2008,14:55)
    Nick….intelect is intellect no mater what if it is changed intellect it's still intellect, and you cannot remove it from the aspect of the mind, if you completer remove intellect you are a sombre and blank a mindless person. So give up your intellect and you give up your life, God add to and changes our intellect by His spirit, but does not remove it.

GB

From a previous thread….

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 07 2008,14:48)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2008,07:58)
    Hi GB,
    Surely you can find one scripture that says spirit is intellect?
    If you cannot perhaps you should rely on scripture?
    And not just on your intellect?

Nick……..if i took your intellect out of you you would be a sombre. So you get rid of your intellect, I'll keep mine OK>

GB

If you took the “intellect” out of a person he could still be alive.

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

It doesnt say the body without the intellect is dead.

As NH has pointed out there is no scripture to support your theory.

Spirit is superior to intellect. God is Spirit (not intellect) and the Father of Spirits.

Not the Father of “intellects”.

WJ

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 07 2008,16:41)
    Nick….I will give it to you again and try to figure it out, Jesus said the (WORDS) i am telling you (ARE SPIRIT) now look up the definition of (WORD) you will it means and EXPRESSION OF INTELLECT> So if thats what word means and the Spirit is Words Jesus Spoke then Spirit is also intellect. Its just that simple.

GB

Words are Spirit because they eminate from Spirit. Not the other way around.

Spirit does not eminate from intellect.

The written word of God is inspired by the Holy Spirit, not the Holy Spirit is inspired by “intellect”.

God breathed into man the breath of life and man became a living soul.

Not God breathed into man intellect.

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wj…..Show me a scripture that shows intellect is separate from Spirit then, if we believe Jesus who said the Words (ARE) Spirit then they (ARE) Spirit then, and show me were a (WORD) is not the expression of intellect, and i will believe you.

WJ…we may not be alike on a lot of things but it does my heart good to know you believe in the ultimate salvation of all. For God will have mercy on Him who have Mercy.

Dealing with people in your church and seeing all their short comings will cause you to be merciful. And Jesus our brother himself is a Merciful High Priest also.

peace to you …..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Intellect appears to be of the mind and not of the human spirit.
    If it was of the spirit then our intellect would return to God at death.

Being of the mind it is not of the body either so it is a soul attribute.
    Heb 4 shows how the word discerns between soul and spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus did not go about casting out little intellects.
    Mk3
    11And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, Thou art the Son of God.

12And he straitly charged them that they should not make him known.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The REAL problem here are definitions of Spirit, Mind and Soul and Intellect! Some people Equate  Mind and Spirit as equally the same while others Believe Souls and Spirit are the Same. So without defintion no True answer could be aggreed on.

I have had My Soul / Spirit separate from My Body and All that I am or was then WAS ME but separate from My Shell of a body. MY memories, Ablities of Mind, Personality with likes and dislikes, My Beliefs…. ALL that was I in total left the my Body without it dying. This is what goes to Heaven OR ……..Other places. Once it happens life is never really the same anymore. You KNOW who you are from then ON.

Intellect is just another WORD to define and to disaggree on defintions of and make this an even bigger mess to explain and agree on. Intellect to me Gives me the Idea of intelligent choice making that can only be made threw deep analysis of facts. The Mind is associated with such but if you define spirit and mind as one we can get disaggrement over the definitions of which is being intelligent.

The Spirit or Soul which ever you choose to call it, is YOU the individual with all the memories of what we have experienced on Earth. All the deeds good or Bad have been recorded and follow us all our days. Memory in Human form can be selectively programmed to forget  the certainly less desireable things in our life but Spiritually all is recorded Perfectly in our Mind. And if you wish our Spirit and mind and soul or what- ever combination any wish to disaggree on, all follow us.

To keep it really simple just think, Who am “I” the person inside this body who is reading and thinking about what is being read and considering the value of this post. All this is YOU and the thinking or intellect is YOU also for YOU are the one Thinking  and Reasoning and this is your every lasting Soul or which-ever defintion you wish to give to YOU? :cool: This is ME with my Soul Shades on. God puts out alot of Wattage!!

Irene
    Participant

K8 You are using the same Avator then” thehappyman ” and at first the post was His. But I do like your Post and defining Interlect is not hard to do. I believe it is our mind. Paul refferes to it the Spirit in man. Simple as that.
    Peace and Love Irene :D :D :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Irene

My Defintion for Mind are the recording banks. Spirit and soul to me are the Same and is the eternal element of ME the peraonlity and the analizer of the Memory banks.

But I do LOVE Pauls version as I respect his teachings very Much. It is just definitons to separate us from aggreeing and we have enough dis-aggreeing over religion in this world. Funny enough it sounds like Armegedeon will End this world over Religion and Possibly definitons of GOD or Some such Intelligence? :p Me with my shades off after visitng 3rd Heaven, (Just alittle humour please don't start WW 3)!!!

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Kimba08 @ July 28 2008,05:46)
    Hi Irene

My Defintion for Mind are the recording banks. Spirit and soul to me are the Same and is the eternal element of ME the peraonlity and the analizer of the Memory banks.

But I do LOVE Pauls version as I respect his teachings very Much. It is just definitons to separate us from aggreeing and we have enough dis-aggreeing over religion in this world. Funny enough it sounds like Armegedeon will End this world over Religion and Possibly definitons of GOD or Some such Intelligence? :p Me with my shades off after visitng 3rd Heaven, (Just alittle humour please don't start WW 3)!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anonymous
    Inactive

My Final thoughts would be to say spirit and soul seem to ME to be different tenses, in the sense Spirit is more appropriate when in body and use of soul  before it entered or after it has left body seems more appropriate?

Intellect only covers a part the “Id” if you wish. Intellect ananlizes but has no personality or character. Intellect would be the CPU with no soul. Make a great Robot like Data on Star Trek-NG but wouldn't get the jokes :p

Again these are definitions and a lot of time they can be very personel and not found in a dictionary or bible?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 08 2008,05:03)
    Wj…..Show me a scripture that shows intellect is separate from Spirit then, if we believe Jesus who said the Words (ARE) Spirit then they (ARE) Spirit then, and show me were a (WORD) is not the expression of intellect, and i will believe you.

WJ…we may not be alike on a lot of things but it does my heart good to know you believe in the ultimate salvation of all. For God will have mercy on Him who have Mercy.

Dealing with people in your church and seeing all their short comings will cause you to be merciful. And Jesus our brother himself is a Merciful High Priest also.

peace to you …..gene

Hi,
    Ecc12
    7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

This speaks of natural man.
    It has nothing to do with the spirits of those who are saved.

So spirit is not who we are but what God has given us to give us life.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………your wrong that speaks of the intellect going back to God Who gave it in the First place.. If your intellect were taken from you, you would be nothing more than a animal. Your right Spirit, (INTELECT) is what was given us by God, That makes us different from the rest of the animal kingdom, its what we reason with and there is a spirit given man and there is a Spirit of God, both are intellects. Both effect behavior because they comprise out intellects.

How could you (try) the spirits to see if they are of God, with out trying the words a person speaks. It simply cant be done.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    No the intellect does not return to God.
    WE are speaking here of the spirit of man.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account