Intellect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene ………..You are partly right, you said intellect helps us understand the things of men, that is right , but God's Spirit also helps us understand the things of God and it is Just a Higher level of Intellect given to us by GOD. God increases our understand which increases our intellect. Spirit is Spirit no matter what kind it is or how high the level it is still spirit Or intellect. IMO

peace an dlove to you and Georg…………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 01 2010,08:37)
    Irene ………..You are partly right, you said intellect helps us understand the things of men, that is right , but God's Spirit also  helps us understand the things of God and it is Just a Higher level of Intellect given to us by GOD. God increases our understand which increases our intellect. Spirit is Spirit no matter what kind it is or how high the level it is still spirit Or intellect. IMO

peace an dlove to you and Georg…………………………gene

gene

sneaker;;how high the level it is still spirit Or intellect

Pierre

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Gene’s obsession with intellect has a long history.

But his ideas have not become more true.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK….I DON’T BELIEVE I AM OBSESSED WITH THE WORD “INTELLECT” AT ALL, I JUST BELIEVE SPIRITS GIVES US OUR THOUGHTS, THEREFORE EFFECT OUR INTELLECTS, WHETHER THEY BE CLEAN OR UNCLEAN, ECT., THEY CERTAINLY INFLUENCE OUR THINKING AND THEREFORE OUR INTELLECTS ALSO.

NICK WHAT ARE SPIRITS TO YOU?, I HAVE NEVER HEARD YOU EXPLAIN IT US, SO WHY IF YOU HAVE “NO” OPINION WHAT THEY ARE SHOULD YOU EVEN DENY WHAT I HAVE SAID, SEENING YOU HAVE “NO” OPINION, AT LEAST AS I RECALL, O WAIT, YES I DO RECALL ONE, YOU BELIEVE THE SEVEN SPIRITS OF GOD ARE SEVEN ANGELS, INSTEAD OF WHAT T H E SCRIPTURES SAY. THAT THE ONLY THING I REMEMBER YOU SAYING ABOUT SPIRITS.

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I AM “OBSESSED” WITH IT? THAT LIKE ME TELLING YOU YOU ARE OBESESSED WITH SPIRITS BEING ANGELS, ARE YOU?, IS THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AN ANGEL, OR THE SPIRIT OF A SOUND MIND ONE TOO ?

Peace and love to you and yours. ….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You say that spirits give you your thoughts?

Do you not have your own thoughts?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

What does scripture say about spirits?

Heb4.12

For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do.

I know you cannot receive this but the Spirit of God is one.

Scripture calls angels, spirits and this confuses you.

Heb 1.13

But to which of the angels has He ever said

‘Sit at My right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet’

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…Yes, God does make his angel’s spirits, he also makes our spirits, and all his physical creations that has life in them, he makes their spirits to. He doesn’t make those he physically creats a spirit, He puts their spirits “in”them.

But does that make those physical things themselves spirits, no it doesn’t, if so, then we must all now be spirits also, right?, and that included Jesus, but wait, Jesus said he was flesh and bone and not a spirit. Luk 24:39 , he didn’t say he didn’t have spirit did he?,
    It seem you have a big problem Nick, Do spirits eat? Angles do. Can you see spirits, humans have see angles and ate with them, Is the spirit of wisdom somekind of an angle you can sit down and eat with, whose name is wisdom? Or is it an atribute of God, called the spirit of wisdom.

what about the spirit of truth GOD gives us, is that “a person” like an angel God puts in us, OR IS IT SPIRIT OF TRUTH GOD SENDS INTO US INCREASING OUR INTELLECTUAL COGNISITY TO RECONIZE THE TRUTH WHEN WE SEE OR HEAR IT ?

Is clean and unclean spirit angels, that jumpts into a person and takes over his or her thinking, or is it a type or kind of spritual force that enfluences the mind or the intellects of people which cause them to think differently?

You may think angels are spirits themselves because you have this view we are to become spirits ourselves, but you could never be so wrong, no scripture say we or Jesus is to be turned into a spirit and no longer have FLESH AND BONE BODIES, AS YOU IMAGINE, THE RESURECTION I READ ABOUT IS A PHYSICAL BODY, NOT GENDERED BY FLESH, BUT BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD. Just as scripture says.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Yes you need to go back to scripture to clarify these matters that confuse you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Good advise you also should, take your own advise to, interesting i see you haven’t answered any points of my post. Show us how spirits eat and drink, as angels do. Perhaps you could start there.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi  Gene,

Which spirits?

Angels are occasionally known to eat with men.

Angels do not inhabit men like demons.

Evil spirits do not eat and drink.

What about the spirits given to men?

Then you should consider:

Jesus had to reassure his brothers he was not a ghost when he walked on the water.

Then Job felt  a spirit pass his face in Job 4.33.

??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….That is right Jesus was not a spirit when he walked on water , nor was he when he went through the door after his resurection either.
    Angels don’t inhabit bodies, because the have bodies of their own as we have. The spirits they have in their bodies are given them by God the same as he does with us, the difference is they can live forever in those bodies. We are to inherit bodies like theirs also as Jesus said.

Your belief that a spirit is somekind of “body” and Jesus and those who are reserected have, simply is not true. There is not a single scripture that says that. While there is a body that is “spritually” generated as Adam and Eve had, which by the way could have lived forever had they eaten of the tree of life which was avalable to them before they sinned, the bodies we have can to, if we are given permission to eat of the tree of life and we could live forever. A spirit without a body is naked and desires to be clothed with a body.
    Jesus plainly said when a unclean spirit leaves a human body it goes about in arid, “dry”, places looking for rest.

Spirits seem to need a body to live in that has mosture so they can find rest, why do you think the unclean spirits ask Jesus permission to go into the pigs for. It seems they need a body to live or they drift around dehydrated being tormented. IMO

Nick….tell us is the spirit of wisdom a person?, what about the spitit of truth that God give us is that a person also? Please address this.

Peace and love to you and yours. ….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

It is all about the amazing Spirit.

Read  1Cor 12.4 -31 and you will see laid out all the gifts of the Spirit.

These manifested in the anointed prophets and apostles, and fully in the anointed man, Jesus of Nazareth.

Read of the fruits of the Spirit in Gal 5.22 and you will see the nature of Grace d again expressed in the prophets and apostles and fully in Jesus Christ.

So when scripture speaks of someone having a spirit of wisdom, it could equally be written as a gift, or grace or blessing.

The Spirit is complex but always one. The servant Spirit of the Son is an aspect but so is the Spirit of truth from the Father. And the Spirit given to Elijah matches that given to John the Baptist.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….I am not saying the same spirit can’t be in all and work through all, where did i say that? But each type and kind of spirit is unique unto it self. Hopefully the same spirit of truth is in me as well as you and all how have “it”. But every spirit has it’s own type, just as your spirit t h at put in you is unique to you, and the spirit God put in me is unique to me, same with everyone else or how could we be any different from one another.But we all can posses other spirits also, i.e. the spirit of truth, spirit of wisdom, spirit of a sound mind, the SPIRIT OF GOD, why God? Because GOD “IS” SPIRIT, AND THEREFORE CAN “INDWELL” US ALL AT THE SAME TIME. REMEMBER WHAT IT SAYS, “THAT GOD MAY BE ALL, IN YOU ALL”. GOD’S SEVEN SPIRITS ACT AS HIS EYES, AND CAN BE IN US ALL, AS THEY ARE IN THE “SLAIN” LAMB, JESUS WHY SLAIN (meaning dead) ? Because God’s seven spirits “In” JESUS comes to establish his kingdom, through Jesus, therefore it says in scripture, ” O God thy kingdom is an everlasting…….. , IT is God the father that is establishing “his” kingdom and makes Jesus’ enimies his foot stool. It is not Jesus doing it, but God the Father “in” him doing it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

In your confusion you try to divide the One Spirit of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK….Scripture say in three places that their are seven spirits of God, So why say i am trying to devid the spieit of God, why blame me for what scriptures say? Now have you ever thought that “maybe”, the is a single spirit of God himself, but he also created seven spirits he uses as his eyes so to speak, and these seven spirits act to supply him their individual atributes which he uses to guide the decisions he makes, therefore they are pictured as being before the throne of God, as lights because they perhaps enlighten God and help guide his thoughts. Or perhaps these seven spirits are what make up who God is? Do i apsolute know that “no” , do you apsolute know that is not true “no” you don’t either. How many spirits can you or any man have? Do you know, i highely doubt you can, If we can posses the Spirit of truth, and our owns spirit given us at berth, and other spirits also as the spirit of wisdom, a spirit of a sound mind, as well as many other spirits, what makes you think GOD CAN’T. I will go with what scripture say, there are seven spirits of God. Why do you go against that seening it is written in scriptures, do you know more then what scriptures say?

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Angels are spirits.

God has servants who do His work.

Angels are the messengers of God.

The watchers role is to be the eyes of God over earth.

God does not have physical eyes as He is spirit.

God is one and His Spirit is one. Look above mere earthly things

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

In The Father of lights there is no variation or shifting shadow

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

There is no confusion in God.

So if He says His Spirit is one He does not contradict Himself.

Since scripture gives many meanings for spirit it would be odd to assume it means He has 7 Spirits.

The verse in Rev 1.4 says that these spirits are BEFORE HIS THRONE.

So if God is on the throne how could you see this meaning?

God is never SEPARATE from HIS SPIRIT.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…who said the seven spirits of God are “physical eyes”. Thats the way your looking at that seven spirits as actual beings, not me, the light of God is spirit and those who have his spirit of truth precieve him as spirit, but you belive God’s seven “spritual” eyes are angels, no scripture says that.

Angels are not spirits as you falsely believe, even though GOD gives them spirits just like he does all his creation. Angels are created physical beings, just as we are the have bodies as we do, but they do not taste death as we do, so we are just a “little” below them, but your perception of them as spirit beings themselves would make them more then a “little” different, would it not? There is no scripture that shows a spirit drinking and eating food is there?, yet angels do eat and drink, and are physical being as scriptures “many” plainly show.

Jesus went up into heaven with a physical body, and is said to return the “same” way he left, and the Saints will rise and meet him at his return and decend back to this earth with him and takeover control of this earths governments.

Show us where any scripture says we will become “spirits”. The scripture ì read says our “BODIES” will be resurected from the grave. “It” (the body) is sown in weakness “It” (the body) is “raised” with power and glory’. Where does the “it” (the body) change to mean spirit?

Nick tell us, where are you getting these ideas from brother? Not scripture.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You have broken Hebrews 1 about angels to justify your dogma.

”Are they not ministering spirits..?”

You have yet to explain how the seven spirits of God are in front of the throne of God.

You are convinced about angelic bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account