Intellect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 27 2009,14:34)
    GB,
    You said this in another thread
    ” I and not admitting no wrong the Spirit is the (MIND) INTELLECT that Jesus Had in Him.”

Nobody seems to share this strange idea about the amazing Spirit of God.
    But being alone and away from scriptural truth is not a problem for you?

Nick………”LET THIS (MIND) BE IN YOU WHICH WAS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD” >

Peace and love to you and your……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Indeed we are to be transformed by renewal of our minds AFTER rebirth by water and the Spirit.[Rom12]
    Feeding on the bread of life, the word of God, [jn6] will offer this opportunity… but some cannot submit to scriptural authority.
    The Spirit can teach us inwardly[1jn2] and complete this task if we are meek towards learning the ways of God from scripture and not our vain thoughts.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..None of Us submits all the time even Paul could not, you know that, Nor you or me all the time , we fail in may ways, but we do not give up , we get up and still strive to overcome our carnal nature because God's Spirit is driving us onward to reach that goal. We are to (GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE) and I believe we are, as we struggle against the elements of this world. Our minds are being Changed daily to conform to GOD and Jesus and even if we fail at times, we still keep up the good fight of FAITH laid before us. But i believe we are growing and coming into the unity of the Faith, None of Us has every thing clear yet but we do strive for the HIGH CALLING. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

gene

who are you that you can grow in grace;. We are to (GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE

you can grow in knowledge and faith but GRACE belong to those who can give it GOD and CHRIST

we do not possess Grace,do we?????

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Submit to scriptural authority and abandon your own stuff.
    Stubbornly presenting your own ideas despite scripture is unwise.
    Unteachable folk cannot be shown new things by the Spirit of God

terraricca
    Participant

gene

you try to influence the out come of you ideas by set them in capital letters to deceive ??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some want a cold mind God but a God of Love is our God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..What is cold minded about a Loving GOD who gives Us an intellect like HIS. How does the make Him a cold mind. Your logic is completely flawed on this. Produce scriptures to support what you are saying not you own ideas and presumptions.

peace and love…………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 10 2010,19:52)
    gene

you try to influence the out come of you ideas by  set them in capital letters to deceive ??

Terraricca……….So say you, but then who are you to accuse others, PRIDE is a down fall of many, of (SELF WILLED) people.

I capitalize to enfranchise my points, no other reasons. Post your reason that is enough, your criticisms is not need. Remember when you point your finger at some one you have three more pointing back at you. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You should not be satisfied by just receiving understandings from the Spirit as that is all the mind can offer. God is of power and wisdom and grace.

True spiritual understandings would be confirmed by your brothers who share that Spirit.

Of course if you had wisdom from God then you teachings would be straight from the Word without adulteration.

So why do you add in your own concepts and offer understandings that lack support??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..I try to add scriptures to what i am saying most all the time, Where do you see i am failing to do that. Or is it you simply do not agree with the scriptures quoted because of some form of bias on your part brother. Show where i have altered Scripture content, Please and if i have i will change on that.

peace and love………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Let scripture teach .
    Don't just use it to support your ideas.
    Spirit is far more than intellectual thoughts.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……O it is , then why even have scriptures, are they not Intellects Written down for us to GROW ON. Jesus said His words (written down for us) (ARE) Spirit and LIFE, do you disagree with that? You say Spirit is far more then Intelligent Thoughts , then please tell us what more are they then.

peace and love……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    INTELLECT is not in scripture but it is a popular idol.

Intelligent thoughts are possible among carnal men and by no means a sign of divine inspiration.

You really need to seek the Spirit because what you have shown so far is utter ignorance of these matters.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..if i ask you what is a WORD, Please tell me your answer, Let keep it simple. Would say it is an expression of ones (INTELLECT)?

terraricca
    Participant

gene

thoughts can be produce by some one else and not be the product of your own intellect.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 11 2010,15:28)
    gene

thoughts can be produce by some one else and not be the product of your own intellect.

Gene

since February 2010,and still no answer why?

you never finish any discussion unless it is your views.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

terriricca……….So who has said that thought can not be produce by some else , i never said that, so where are you getting that from? The reason i never finish a discussion with you is because you never finish one. What you are accusing me of is exactly what you are doing. Going around slanering people seem to be you only motive here specially if your not agreed with. IMO

peace and love.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 11 2010,08:45)
    Nick………..I try to add scriptures to what i am saying most all the time, Where do you see i am failing to do that. Or is it you simply do not agree with the scriptures quoted because of some form of bias on your part brother.  Show where i have altered Scripture content,  Please and if i have i will change on that.

peace and love………………gene

gene

i am not alone?

Posted on Feb. 11 2010,10:28
    ——————————————————————————–
    G,
    Let scripture teach .
    Don't just use it to support your ideas.
    Spirit is far more than intellectual thoughts

and Gene i have not said that you have said ;terriricca……….So who has said that thought can not be produce by some else , i never said that

this was a answer from me to one of your comments,

Pierre

Arnold
    Participant

To all!  We need God's Holy Spirit to understand the things of God, just like we need the spirit of man in us to be alive… Without the Spirit in us, we will not be alive.  The Spirit is what goes back to God who gave it…. And our body is asleep in the grave…and knows nothing while sleeping… intellect is like what the mind produces like patience, wisdom etc.  It does help us to understand the things of man…..but not of God….At Baptism we receive God's Holy Spirit….God created it all, we need to feed on His Word the Bible in order to understand the things of God…. In Spirit and in Truth ….. The Word of God gives us that truth…. the problem that all have is that we like to interpret Scriptures, rather then taking Scripture the way it is written…..I also believe that all of us grow in different stages…. Unite rather then tare apart….can we all do that?????
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account