Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 5,161 through 5,180 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

The latest scientism from the Flat Earth community

Whilst many flat earthers are sceptical, the community will put their best scientists to test this exciting new theory.

latest-flat-earth-map

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yeah, yeah, yeah…  Here’s that question again…

PROCLAIMER, IF I SPOKE OF “BACK IN THE MORNING OF THE THIRD DAY OF MY GRANDMOTHER” – WOULD I BE TALKING ABOUT A SPECIFIC LITERAL DAY?  OR A VERY LONG UNSPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME?

Pretty sure your grandmother is human. If not, maybe a shapeshifter? But if a human who lives on earth, then chances are that it would be a day of 24 hours or daylight of around 12 hours. Unless of course the grandmother lived on Mars or was outside creation like God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer:

Try this yourself. Soak a tennis ball in water. Next, spin it once in 24 hours. Is the water flying off?

Danny Dabbs

No, but the water in our oceans are not soaked inside the earth!
    Make some wide holes in a tennis ball. Put water in it.
    Let’s see if the water is staying in the wide holes.

The point being that water doesn’t fly off as FE have you believe.

They have posted many videos of this very thing.

I was simply debunking that point.

That was the point Danny. Nothing else.

And what I say still stands. The water is not flying off as FE have you believe.

Proclaimer
    Participant

If the earth was flat, everybody working in these fields :
    Physics
    Astronomy
    Meteorology
    Geography
    Aviation
    Shipping
    History
    Engineering
    Space agencies
    Geology
    Surveying
    Oceanology
    (and I’m sure the list is incomplete)
    Would be acting an not really doing what they say they are doing.
    That means millions of people in one big conspiracy to deceive the rest of the world about the shape of the earth.
    Yeah. Sounds legit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer……This whole “fat earth” thing is to get this site talking about things that do not matter, it’s just Satan using the decieved to get the site off the real things we should be talking about,  if any half intellegent person dosen’t know the earth is a Sphere spinnig and moving around the sun,  in this present age, they are just blind bats groping at the walls of the ditch they have fallen into. This subject is not even worth, you or anyone else wasting their time on.  let it go, and the ignorant “conspiracy” theorist , who keep you going on and on with their endless garabage . 

No sound person in todays world could honestly say the world is flat, and if they do they have major mental Analogical problems.  Satan uses such people to through off people, from what really matters.

Let this “flat earth”  thing go Proclaimer, or it will throw off your work on this site brother.  Satan want’s you to get bogged down with these “stupid”, descussions, and he is using whoever he can to do it with.

Lets get back on track,  descussing the “Kingdom of God, and His rightiousness”.  Let’s preach and teach what Jesus told us to.  Lets get back to work as labors of God,  in his vineyard, time is short brother. Don’t let Satan distract us here, any longer brother. 

Peace and love to you and yours………gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

I CONGRATULATE YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL EXHORTATION. YES WE HAVE MUCH BETTER TO DO THAN WASTING OUR TIME ON THIS SUBJECT WHICH IS NOT WORTH IT.
    THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR MESSAGE AND MAY GOD HEAR US.

GOD BLESS

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

g

Berean
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

IT’S HAILING IN PARIS!

🙏

God bless

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You: You are asserting that in order for Moses (God) to say the earth was formless,

the earth must have existed under the water.

Me: Mike,

HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT GOD ONLY SAID SO, AND NEVER SAW THE EARTH?

ONLY MOSES  WROTE/SAID SO,  NOT GOD! NO?

NOW READ THIS TIME WHAT JEREMIAH DID, PRECISELY IN THE SAME EVENT!

WHICH TO ME IS A CLEAR DESCRIPTION OF WHAT DID OCCUR SOMETIME BETWEEN

Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2

UNLESS AS USUAL, YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT UNDERSTANDING!

Jeremiah 4:23I beheld the earth, and, lo,

it was without form, and void;

and the heavens, and THEY had no light.

NOW, DID JEREMIAH SEE THE EARTH IN THE ABOVE?

AND IF HE DID SEE THE EARTH,

HOW DID HE SAY THAT 

IT WAS FORMLESS……?

IF ACCORDING TO YOU,

FORMLESS, IN YOUR UNDERSTANDING, MEANS EXACTLY THE SAME AS 

NOT IN EXISTENCE!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You: I will NOT address ANY of your novels ever again.

I walked away from you for a reason, after all. 

ME: I WONDER WHAT THE TRUE REASON IS!

I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE

SIMPLY TERRORIZED!

HA!  HA!  HA!

DID YOU READ BEREAN’S ADVICE?

HERE IT IS JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT!

I find that you are pushing the cork TOO FAR.

WHY ?

Be not righteous over much;

neither make thyself over wise:

why shouldest thou destroy thyself ?(Eccl.7:16)

Nevertheless,

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FLAT EARTH NONSENSE,

I enjoy every minute of discussing things with you, THAT’S MY SPIRIT!

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

@genebalthrop

I agree that the flat earth is of Satan because the devil is the father of lies.

But many other lies are espoused here and the purpose of the forums is to debunk them and let truth shine its light.

But like most subjects discussed here over the years, I tend to debate them fully and when all has been debunked, I create a writing out of it to help others struggling with this subject. This leads to a comprehensive writing that tackles a problem or misconception. I did this very thing with The Trinity and Eternal Hell for example.

Regarding topics that I have already dealt with, I can simply copy and paste in sections of my own writings, thus not wasting my life with such things. The hard yards up front lead to efficiencies going forward.

With the flat earth and in particular the claim that the bible teaches this model, I feel I’m at the point of compiling my posts into a writing.

I think I have debunked all of Mike’s arguments and he is just rehashing old stuff now. So yes, time to generally conclude this topic.

Finally, near the end of the FE topic, I have posted dozens if not hundreds of short posts that contain proof of the globe or proof that the flat earth is as redicilous as most think. Mike has no answer, so his boat has sunk. So I’ll add this new writing to this site in the coming weeks.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You: I now realize that Gen 1:2 doesn’t actually teach that earth was already in existence. 

Me: Read Mr. Mike,

Genesis 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place,

and let the dry land appear:

and it was so. 

Mike, WHERE WAS THE LAND BEFORE IT APPEARED?

WASN’T IT SIMPLY COVERED WITH THE WATERS?

You: In fact, it says the opposite by explaining that the earth

had NOT yet been formed,

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/formed

Definition of formed

: organized in a way characteristic of living matter

Mike, THE WORD FORMED ON IT OWN MADE IT CLEAR THAT THE EARTH

EXISTED BUT NOT YET, ATTENTION PLEASE:

ORGANIZED!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike: In scripture, “earth” refers ONLY to the dry land upon which we live…

Berean:  Mike, This is very often THE CASE, but that’s not always the case. The word “EARTH” is also designated in the Bible “in its entirety” (land and sea)

Little example :

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    [7] Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Hi Berean.  The scripture you used to correct me actually supported me.  First of all, sailors don’t “dwell” on the sea – as if that is their natural dwelling place like whales and dolphins.  Secondly, the clear distinction between earth and sea is made in the very next statement.

But I’m glad you brought that passage up, because now we know that the sea is distinct from the fountains of the deep too.

So in the beginning, God created the waters called “the deep”.  Both the earth and the sea were formed from these waters.  But even after all that, the fountains of the deep still remain.  Of course we know that from Noah’s flood too, since God flooded the earth with water from the fountains of the deep and with water from above heaven that He let through to the earth by opening the floodgates of heaven.

But I never really thought about it.  It’s cool to know that there is the sea… and ALSO the fountains of the deep that are something other than the sea.  👍🙂

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike:  PROCLAIMER, IF I SPOKE OF “BACK IN THE MORNING OF THE THIRD DAY OF MY GRANDMOTHER” – WOULD I BE TALKING ABOUT A SPECIFIC LITERAL DAY?  OR A VERY LONG UNSPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME?

Proclaimer:  Pretty sure your grandmother is human. If not, maybe a shapeshifter? But if a human who lives on earth, then chances are that it would be a day of 24 hours or daylight of around 12 hours. Unless of course the grandmother lived on Mars or was outside creation like God.

Why can’t you just answer a simple question like an intelligent adult?  But I’m glad you brought God into it.  So now I’ll add God to my question, and make it about YOUR grandmother so we don’t have to endure anymore of what I’m sure you think are very clever and witty distractions about shapeshifters and Mars.

Proclaimer, what if God Himself said these words to you:

“In the morning of the third day of your grandmother, I placed My Holy Spirit upon her.”

WOULD God be TALKING ABOUT A SPECIFIC LITERAL DAY?  OR A VERY LONG UNSPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I also asked these questions to Gene, Proclaimer, and Carmel.  Of course none of them answered it.  I now invite everyone to answer it.

Joshua 6:2-15… Then the Lord said to Joshua… March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days…  On the seventh day, march around the city seven times… 

Exodus 20:9-11… Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work…

For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day

So guys…

1.  Is the Joshua passage talking about six literal days and then a seventh literal day?  Yes or No?

2.  Is the first part of the Exodus passage talking about six literal days and then a seventh literal day?  Yes or No?

3.  Is the last part of the Exodus passage talking about six literal days and then a seventh literal day?  Yes or No?

Please DIRECTLY and HONESTLY answer the questions to the best of your ability.  Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer:  If the earth was flat, everybody working in these fields :
    Physics
    Astronomy
    Meteorology
    Geography
    Aviation
    Shipping
    History
    Engineering
    Space agencies
    Geology
    Surveying
    Oceanology
    (and I’m sure the list is incomplete)
    Would be acting an not really doing what they say they are doing.
    That means millions of people in one big conspiracy to deceive the rest of the world about the shape of the earth.
    Yeah. Sounds legit.

Please explain.  Take Geology, for example.  Why would the shape of the earth change anything?  If they believe it is a ball, how does that change the rock they’re examining?  If they believe it’s flat, how does that change the rock they’re examining?

Elaborate for us.  Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean:  WE HAVE MUCH BETTER TO DO THAN WASTING OUR TIME ON THIS SUBJECT WHICH IS NOT WORTH IT.

So sad and disappointing to hear you say such a thing, Berean.  A week ago, I posted this article for Proclaimer from a scientist who “KNOWS’ the earth is very old and that the earth is a spinning ball flying around the sun…

Screenshot (418)

BioLogos is an organization I’ve been familiar with for over a decade.  They are scientists who argue for the salvation part of the Bible, but who, like Proclaimer, also think they can fit the words of scripture into a 4.5 billion year old earth and man evolving from apes.

I noticed that they had a forum – and since Proclaimer had walked away from our Bible Vs Scientism discussion with his tail between his legs, I thought I’d start a similar thread in their forum.  It’s basically me against 25 scientists who INSIST that the Bible CAN align with a 4.5 billion year old earth and monkey-to-man evolution.  Most of them are pretty angry and appalled that I would even suggest that, “In six days I created heaven and earth” could possibly mean God created heaven and earth in six days! 😄

Anyway, I’m having a lot of fun sharing the knowledge I honed in the discussion over here with a bunch of new people.  But the point is that I never once brought up flat earth or ball earth.  We’ve just been fighting over how OLD the earth is.  It never crossed any of their minds that I don’t only believe in the Biblical AGE of the earth – but also in the Biblical SHAPE of it.

There’s one lady there who said she grew up on Young Earth Creationist info, and believed it for most of her life until she “learned” that it was all lies, and the earth actually WAS very, very old.  She said that it really shook her faith in God, because the YEC’s were supposed to be God-fearing Christians, and she now feels that they LIED to her all that time.

So I was asking if there was any SCRIPTURAL reason that we couldn’t just take the words of the Bible at face value and believe them as they were written.  Look at her response in the red box…

Screenshot (417)

Do you understand the point I’m making to you, Berean?  Look at that article above from a scientist who “KNOWS” we live on a very old spinning ball.

Look at the response from this other scientist who “KNOWS” we live on a very old spinning ball.

Do you see it?  Honest people who “KNOW” we live on a very old spinning ball still acknowledge openly that the Bible DOESN’T teach that we live on a very old spinning ball.  They believe in the very old spinning ball, but they also realize that the world according to the Bible is a very young FLAT and STATIONARY earth resting on PILLARS, with a HARD DOME over it and a sun that moves over the earth – not the earth around the sun.

And all I’ve wanted from Proclaimer from the very beginning of this debate is for him to HONESTLY admit what everybody already knows… the Bible is a young, flat earth book.

The HONEST people will say, “Yeah, it is, BUT…” and try to give their explanations for how it was written by ignorant goat herders who didn’t know what we know today.

The DISHONEST people will just keep on pretending that the Bible ISN’T a young, flat earth book to begin with.  They will say idiotic things like, “So God MADE the lights and SET them in the firmament” really means, “The lights already were made and in place, and those words from God just mean that the atmosphere cleared up.”

You clearly follow God’s written word when it comes to the AGE of the earth.  Why would you then reject and ridicule what God’s written word says about the SHAPE of the earth – saying that it’s not even a subject worth discussing?

Because the same Bible that tells you the earth was created in six days also tells you that it has a hard solid dome that God named “heaven” over it, and that the sun, moon and stars run their appointed circuits within that dome over the face of the earth.  And it tells you that the dome has water on top of it and that God opened the floodgates of the dome to let the waters above it fall through and flood the earth in Noah’s day.  God Himself tells us that He set the earth on pillars and that it cannot be moved.  Does that sound like the spinning ball that you currently believe in?

So I challenge you, my friend, to read and discuss the scriptures that speak of the shape of the earth like the Bereans of old… just like you do when it comes to the age of the earth.  Go into it with an open mind, and just let the Bible teach you.

God bless.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Funny meme, Danny.  And this would indeed be the truth of the matter if we lived on a ball.  Those satellites can zoom way in and show us how many trees line the street we live on.  They could therefore also zoom in on the “side” of the ball from their position, and show us tall buildings on their sides… or zoom into the bottom of it and show us buildings that are upside-down.

Of course they don’t… because we DON’T LIVE ON A FREAKING BALL!  😅🤣

Proclaimer
    Participant

Take Geology, for example. Why would the shape of the earth change anything? If they believe it is a ball, how does that change the rock they’re examining? If they believe it’s flat, how

Geologists study rocks, minerals, landforms, climates and biota, including the processes that affect them. It’s not just rocks Mike. Some of these processes rely on the fact that the earth is a globe.

Geo means ‘earth’ among other things. And I think ‘ology’ means study. That said, geology as a science is not just focused on our planet, but can include other bodies like the moon.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hey @mikeboll64

It’s quite funny that you seem to believe that you have us so-called globetards on the ropes. In reality, for whatever reason, you should be feeling embarrassment as you have been utterly and convincingly debunked time and time again.

I guess that die hard flat earthers are not even smart enough to work out when their arguments have been destroyed and that they should be embarrassed.

It has been interesting watching you and others perpetuating these lies. It does amaze me. I spent a bit of time debating other flat earthers in another site and I am being honest when I say this, they were as thick as two short planks. It was quite amazing. It’s as if flat earth has united some of the most foolish people in existence. It is also possible that some were just trolls, but maybe not. I mean if you believe the earth is flat, then all bets are off as to how stupid a person can be.

Compared to them, I think you are more intelligent. You are at the top of a very poor and lowly group of people as far as science goes. You are a big fish in the smallest pond that exists. The bottom of the barrel.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,161 through 5,180 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account