Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 5,141 through 5,160 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

endarkment

Berean
    Participant

Hi Mike

In scripture, “earth” refers ONLY to the dry land upon which we live.  It is usually explicitly distinguished from the water portion of our world.  For example… “For in six days the LORD made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them…”.  Notice how “earth” is something other than “sea”.  Earth is the dry land portion of our world, while sea is the water portion.  It is the same all throughout the entire Bible. 

Me

Mike,This is very often THE CASE, but that’s not always the case. The word “EARTH” is also designated in the Bible “in its entirety” (land and sea)

Little example :

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Mike, the message is also for sailors who spend a large part of their time at sea.

This message is for all the inhabitants of the earth (and those who are at sea included)

I find that you are pushing the cork TOO FAR.
    WHY ?

Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise:why shouldest thou destroy thyself?(Eccl.7:16)

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike,This is very often THE CASE, but that’s not always the case. The word “EARTH” is also designated in the Bible “in its entirety” (land and sea)

Little example :

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people

To be fair, if you replace the word earth as land, then it still includes everybody.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

You: I don’t believe in the flat earth, but IN THE ONE WHO CREATED THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH IN SIX DAYS AND ALL IN IT AND RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY.

Me: Berean THERE ARE NO SCRIPTURES WHICH SPECIFICALLY SAY THE ABOVE!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer……Your post 933033, is exactly right i went through many of the same things in the past also.   I was able to get out of that cult,  by questioning their teachings and finding they were changing many of the scriptures to meet their own views, the more i studied our scriptures the more i found they were forcing the texts , to say what they wanted them to say,  and through much critical study i began to see more and more of their teaching were wrong,  infact after sixty years of studying scriptures i have come to see, nearly “all” Chrestendom is teaching false doctrines , that is why i attend no modern church,  at this time, i have found them all decieved in one way or another, espically those that teach the Trinity Doctrines. And those who have made and worship Jesus as their God.  I am willing to bet 95% of all people havent a clue what the bible actually say, or they would not let these false churches use them and control them they way they do.

That is one thing the Spirit of truth does, it delievers you from these false teachers and their churches also.

The apostaphy of the Churches Started a long, long, time ago and continues to this very day,  it was even present in the days of the apostles John and Paul, just as they said,  it was.

Anyway that was a good post brother.

Peace and love to you and yours……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Carmel

Hi Berean,

You: I don’t believe in the flat earth, but IN THE ONE WHO CREATED THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH IN SIX DAYS AND ALL IN IT AND RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY.

Me: Berean THERE ARE NO SCRIPTURES WHICH SPECIFICALLY SAY THE ABOVE! 

Me

It’sthat I believe based on lots of Bible verses including Revelation 14

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    [7] Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Berean
    Participant

Proclaimer

You

I can see you are too far gone in the indoctrination department to think critically about reality.

Just like Mike and his flat earth, you struggle with other indoctrination.  

Me

Can you specify what indoctrination?
    thank you.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@t8

Try this yourself. Soak a tennis ball in water. Next, spin it once in 24 hours. Is the water flying off?

No, but the water in our oceans are not soaked inside the earth!
    Make some wide holes in a tennis ball. Put water in it.
    Let’s see if the water is staying in the wide holes.

Berean
    Participant

To all

2 Peter 3

That with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day: What seems like forever for us is but a short time for God, just as an hour may seem to be an eternity for a child but a moment for an adult.

i. Peter quoted this idea from Psalm 90:4: For a thousand years in Your sight are like yesterday when it is past, and like a watch in the night. “All time is as nothing before him, because in the presence as in the nature of God all is eternity; therefore nothing is long, nothing short, before him; no lapse of ages impairs his purposes.” (Clarke)

ii. “All things are equally near and present to his view; the distance of a thousand years before the occurrence of an event, is no more to him than would be the interval of a day. With God, indeed, there is neither past, present, nor future. He takes for his name the ‘I AM.’ … He is the I AM; I AM in the present; I AM in the past and I AM in the future. Just as we say of God that he is everywhere, so we may say of him that he is always; he is everywhere in space; he is everywhere in time.” (Spurgeon)

iii. Peter did not give some prophetic formula, saying that a prophetic day somehow equals a thousand years. He instead communicated a general principle regarding how we see time and how God sees time. When people use this verse as a rigid prophetic key it opens the door for great error.

iv. “God sees time with a perspective we lack; even the delay of a thousand years may well seem like a day against the back-cloth of eternity. Furthermore, God sees time with an intensity we lack; one day with the Lord is like a thousand years.” (Green)

2 Peter Chapter 3

Proclaimer
    Participant

@dannyd

No, but the water in our oceans are not soaked inside the earth!

Danny Dabbs. Have you joined flat earth religion?

Anyway, here is the answer. Remember that 5 ton granite ball that spun hundreds or thousands of times faster than earth?

Was the water flying off? No it was not. Instead it stuck to the ball. Of course the water was running down slowly. Why?

Gravity. The centre of the earth is the exact direction that the water was heading in. And because the earth must be millions maybe billions of times larger than the granite ball itself, on earth the direction of earth’s mass is the centre. So just as the water flowed toward earth on that granite ball,  the direction from the oceans on earth to the earth’s mass is the centre.

Gravity and its associated math is so accurate that without understanding it, there would be no space flight of any kind and planes would have to fly adhoc. Even weapons use the calculations of gravity to hit their target.

And I can tell you this with assurance. No lie is 100% true. That would be an oxymoron. Gravity calculations always work. When you discover something that is always true, then you have discovered a truth. And on that note  the flat earth model is riddled with error. Thus, the spirit of error giving rise to a false religion.

Proclaimer
    Participant

A day to the Lord is not like a day for us

Please pay attention. A day for us is 24 or 12 hours or so. Simple as that.

But for God, it could be a thousand years, a million, a billion, maybe even a second. After all, it says ‘like a thousand years’. LIKE is the keyword that many have missed. So it is not always exactly 1000 years, but a very long time for sure.

But given the context of what took place each creation day, it seems highly likely that each day was an epoch. Think about it. Do you think the last days for example is 3 days? Think again.

As early as Acts 2:17, just after Jesus has ascended to heaven and poured out his Spirit on his church, Peter declares that the “last days” prophecy from Joel 2 is being fulfilled in their midst: “In the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh.”

As you can see in this instant, a thousand years is about a day. We also see one thousand year Millennium. A sort of Sabbath or rest day. And Satan is locked up for one thousand years. In psalm 90:4 we read:

For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.

And 2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Then there is Psalm 105:8

He remembers his covenant forever, the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations, the covenant that he made with Abraham, his sworn promise to Isaac, which he confirmed to Jacob as a statute, to Israel as an everlasting covenant,

Time and seasons for God are small for an infinite God, they are like one day. But for us, they extend way beyond our lifetime on earth.

Too many make the mistake thinking God is like us. In truth, we should be more like him. Being patient.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Berean:  Mike, Say me , for You the week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday or does it start on Monday and ends on Sunday?

For me, because of work, I accept it as starting on Monday and ending on Sunday.  But that’s just convention because of where I live.  I realize that Saturday (named after the god Saturn) is the Jewish sabbath.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer: When the team was reunited with their gear, they were able to witness the incredible video and photographs that the cameras had produced.

Didn’t I just go through this for Danny?  Didn’t I just post one of your major gods of Scientism, Neil Smokin’ DeGrasse Tyson, saying that even the Virgin Galactic “edge of space” flight – which went 3 times higher than the balloon in your video – was not far enough from earth to see any curvature?

And before that VG flight, he also said the same about the Felix Baumgartner Red Bull “edge of space” jump.  On that video (which I have on my YouTube channel), Smokin’ DeGrasse even chided Felix and Red Bull for calling it the “edge of space”, and for using wide-angel fisheye lenses on the cameras that make EVERYTHING look curved when it’s not.  To quote Neil talking about the Red Bull jump…

“You CAN NOT see the curve from that height!  That stuff is FLAT!”

He said this very emphatically, slapping the beach ball he was holding for emphasis as he said it.

Yet here you are, once again, trying to use 120,000 feet balloon footage with wide angle Go-Pro lenses to pretend there is a curve at 22 miles up, when Tyson already told you that there isn’t a curve from 50 miles up (Red Bull jump) or even 65 miles up (Virgin Galactic flight).

Proclaimer:  @mikeboll64 claims these guys are lying to us. They are part of the conspiracy.

So Proclaimer, now that you’ve been (ONCE AGAIN) reminded of this fact, you tell me the solution.  ARE they lying to us?  ARE they part of the conspiracy?

Or could it be that they didn’t even CONSIDER the fact that all Go-Pro cameras use wide angle lenses, and when they saw in their footage what they’ve been TOLD the earth was since they were 3, they just assumed that it was what they SHOULD have seen?

Which one do YOU think is the most likely?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Mike: PROCLAIMER, IF I SPOKE OF “BACK IN THE MORNING OF THE THIRD DAY OF MY GRANDMOTHER” – WOULD I BE TALKING ABOUT A SPECIFIC LITERAL DAY?  OR A VERY LONG UNSPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME?

Proclaimer:  I’m willing to bet that your grandmother is human.

A day for a human is usually 12 or 24 hours.

But not for God.

None of that answers the question I asked you.  Please directly and honestly answer that question.  Thanks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike, what are you smoking today? Lol.

Your in a cult mate.

The battle you are in is pride vs humility.

You need humility to admit when you are wrong.

You have been so debunked in this thread, that the fact that you are not feeling shame right now says a lot about your conscience. And notice the word ‘science’ in conscience. You seem to lack much knowledge.

Flat earth indeed. Lol. You are not fooling anyone but fools. I guess flat earth is a good banner for fools to march under. Do what you want, but don’t bring scripture into it.

I debunked your no1 and no2 verses for flat earth. You do not have a no3 verse, so stay silent and be thought a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

But the biggest advice I can give you is to leave scripture alone when it comes to the shape and physics of the earth. You will only lay stumbling blocks for Atheists who are fools and foolish believers alike.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer:  And I do find it funny that you believe there was evening and morning even before their was a sun.

The Bible says there were three evenings and three mornings and three days before God MADE the sun.

Can’t you see how ridiculous you’ve become?  I have reduced you to trying to keep a straight face while claiming this utter nonsense:

Yes Mike, I realize it says that God said LET THERE BE lights, and so God MADE the lights, and God PLACED those lights in the firmament, which He named “heaven”…  but that’s just God’s way of saying the atmosphere was cloudy, and it finally cleared enough so that these lights that had already been there for eons could be seen from earth.

We’re laughing at you, dude.  You have no credibility left.

We’re all tired of the fact that you refuse to just directly answer simple questions, and choose instead to post arrogant and condescending diatribes about how WE need to change our ways and start understanding the words, “God MADE the lights” as, “The lights were already made, but you just couldn’t see them before”.

That’s ALL you do!  I lay out the first 4 days scripturally and ask you guys to show me any flaws – and you just IGNORE it and start talking about how I’m a stumbling block.

I post scripture and ask you direct questions about it, and you just IGNORE my questions, and post more long diatribes about how I’m indoctrinated.

That’s WHY I started our Hot Seat thread in the first place… to FORCE you into directly and honestly answering these questions you just keep blowing off.  But then you blew THAT ENTIRE THREAD off because you didn’t want to answer the questions there either.  And you continually broke YOUR OWN rules to do it.  You’re STILL doing it.  I’ve been sending you pm’s every week for a month now, politely reminding you that there are questions that have been waiting for you there for quite a while.  But have you answered them?  Of course not.  You don’t want to answer questions and defend your lunatic doctrine.  You just want to IGNORE them and keep posting condescending tripe like this…

Proclaimer:  A word of advice. If you ever preach the gospel, do not include this idiocy.

Trust me, you do not want to be responsible for being a stumbling block to anyone.

Nothing good comes from a lie. especially one that puts the kingdom into disrepute among men.

What does that crap even mean?  I SHOULDN’T teach that God created the sun on day 4 – even though the Bible explicitly says He did – because it’s a “lie” and I’d be a “stumbling block” for claiming this “idiocy” that the Bible clearly says point blank?

Dude, it’s time for you to grow up.  You’ve lost this debate, and everyone here knows it.  You are now just embarrassing yourself by claiming nonsense like, “‘God MADE lights’ really means a cluttered atmosphere that isn’t mentioned anywhere in scripture finally cleared up.”

Please… I’m begging you… for God’s sake… please just stop making yourself out to be a moron.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Carmel, I skimmed your novels very quickly.  I saw that you found what you believe to be a flaw in my “First Four Days” posts.  You are asserting that in order for Moses (God) to say the earth was formless, the earth must have existed under the water.

Okay.  Post just that part of your novel in a different post, and I’ll address it.  I will NOT address ANY of your novels ever again.  I walked away from you for a reason, after all.  Your writing is erratic, your claims are bizarre and unscriptural, and your POSTS ARE WAY TOO LONG!

But since I asked you, Proclaimer and Gene to find fault in those posts, and you’re the only one who attempted to do so, I will give you another chance.  But ONLY if you are able to keep your posts to me short and succinct, addressing only ONE thing in any particular post.

Please make your “earth must have existed” point again, in a post all by itself.  Then we can discuss it.  Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Proclaimer:  Mike, what are you smoking today? Lol.

Your in a cult mate.

The battle you are in is pride vs humility.

You need humility to admit when you are wrong.

Yeah, yeah, yeah…  Here’s that question again…

PROCLAIMER, IF I SPOKE OF “BACK IN THE MORNING OF THE THIRD DAY OF MY GRANDMOTHER” – WOULD I BE TALKING ABOUT A SPECIFIC LITERAL DAY?  OR A VERY LONG UNSPECIFIED PERIOD OF TIME?

Thanks.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Danny:  No, but the water in our oceans are not soaked inside the earth!

Not only that, but the spin would force all the waters to bulge very high at the equator.  The priests of Scientism realize this, and so now they claim that there IS such a bulge… 25 miles high I think they say.  Of course none of their satellite photos show it – even in closer up shots.  And no one has ever claimed that, for example, a tower’s top that is 400′ above sea level in Ecuador, is really 400′ AND 25 MILES above sea level because of the 25 mile bulge along the entire equator.

The whole thing is such nonsense and SO easy to debunk.  I don’t know for sure what shape our world really is, but I dang sure know for a fact that it’s not the silly spinning ball flying around the sun that they told me it was all my life.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,141 through 5,160 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account