Spirit of Christ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 396 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Acts 10
    38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,10:47)
    Hi 94,
    Acts 10
    38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Hi Nick:

It is God who anoints someone by His Spirit, but the spirit of the anointed one is the spirit of Christ.

2Jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son

The doctrine of Christ is the spirit of Christ. The spirit of the Son. The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God the Father who does the anointing.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Certainly the words of Jesus are Spirit and life.
    John 15:26
    “When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God the Father who does the anointing.”

How does that idea align with
    “Acts 10
    38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,11:17)
    Hi 94,
    Certainly the words of Jesus are Spirit and life.
    John 15:26
    “When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

Hi Nick:

Jhn 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Jhn 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Jhn 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Jhn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Jhn 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned.

Jhn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Jhn 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Jhn 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “It is God who anoints someone by His Spirit, but the spirit of the anointed one is the spirit of Christ.”

But scripture says
    Jn1
    33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,11:59)
    Hi 94,
    You say
    “It is God who anoints someone by His Spirit, but the spirit of the anointed one is the spirit of Christ.”

But scripture says
    Jn1
    33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Hi Nick:

Indeed, No man can come to the Father but by Him. But the Holy Ghost is God's Spirit and now proceeds from the Father through the Son. That was not the case before Jesus was put in authority in the church.

Jhn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    The Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit outpoured from God and Jesus sends the Spirit to those in his body.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,13:00)
    Hi 94,
    The Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit outpoured from God and Jesus sends the Spirit to those in his body.

No, not the way that I understand this. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God our Father who leads us into all truths in the Word of God, and the spirit that is formed within us as we learn to apply the Word of God to our lives is the spirit of Christ or the spirit of the Son.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1Cr 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, [even] as unto babes in Christ.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So two Spirits?

1 Corinthians 12:9
    to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,

1 Corinthians 12:11
    But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

1 Corinthians 12:13
    For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18
    for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.

Ephesians 4:4
    There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;

Philippians 1:27
    Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    When we read a verse like this we should not have to decide which of two it means should we?

1 Corinthians 6:17
    But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    What of Rom8
    9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,13:37)
    Hi 94,
    What of Rom8
    9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

I already answered this in the topic that you brought up “Parallelism”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    This is what you defined spirit as in another thread
    “Therefore, the spirit of a person is that which he puts into practice in his life. “

So applying that to God and Jesus and men and animals??
    It will not work.
    1Cor2

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

Where does scripture say God has a body?

If I remember correctly I answered this question elsewhere by pointing to a passage in Acts where Paul teaches some of the people of Athens and visitors to that city that we all live in God and have our being in Him.  Since we can do that it follows he has a body just like a fish bowl does.

Nick Hassan wrote:

So what is said about Thomas putting his hand in the battered body is true?

That is what I said and what my argument relies on.

Nick Hassan wrote:

So the King will return with God ever living in him as Spirit.

That is a must since to reject God is very foolish indeed and Jesus would not be King if he did that.

Nick Hassan wrote:

But his body will not still be pierced

I cannot say one way or another since my source is Revelations which has a lot of symbology but here is a scripture.

Revelations 5:6(NIV) reads:

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

kerwin
    Participant

942767(Marty) wrote:

Christ = anointed.  The Spirit of Christ then is the spirit of the anointed one.  The Holy Spirit is not the spirit of the anointed one.  The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father.

I am not sure you are aware of the rest of this discussion.  I mentioned that I find three different definitions can be applied to the word spirit in scripture with some apparent crossover.  They are soul, aura of righteousness, and the “physical” form of some beings.  It depends on which one of these you are speaking of when you say Spirit of Christ and Spirit of God.   If you are speaking of the aura of righteousness then the Spirit of Christ is a reflection of the God’s aura of righteousness.  I believe that is what John 1 is speaking about the aura of righteousness instead of about Jesus himself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You have yet to show us that AURA is a scriptural word and not a human theological addition.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 20 2009,15:26)
    Hi KW,
    You have yet to show us that AURA is a scriptural word and not a human theological addition.

Spirit is not a scriptural word since the original text of the bible was not written in English.

We except spirit as a synonym for certain words in the original language.  Look up the meaning of “aura” and you will find it fits certain scriptures.

Hebrews 1:3(NIV) reads:

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

The word “aura” is a synonym of “radiance” and like spirit it means an invisible breath.  The question though is whether it would be proper to call the spirit as described in Galatians 5:22-23 the aura of God reflected by Christ.  I believe it is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kw,
    I remain unconvinced.
    Surely it is better to walk on scriptural paths?
    Confusion already is an easy slip without aiding the process.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You said
    ” I mentioned that I find three different definitions can be applied to the word spirit in scripture with some apparent crossover. They are soul, aura of righteousness, and the “physical” form of some beings.”

So can you please show us which of your definitions fit these verses.

Ecclesiastes 8:8
    There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

Job 33:4
    The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

James 2:26
    For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Proverbs 20:27
    The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

1 Peter 1:11
    Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account