Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 13 2010,01:35)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 11 2010,18:42)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 12 2010,09:28)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 11 2010,16:49)
    If you will accept correction that is coming from God to you through the scriptures, then we can walk in unity teaching the Word of God in truth.

HaHaHa Marty

If you would accept correction through the Word of God that Jesus is God then we could walk in unity, and you might find unity in your church also!

WJ

Hi Keith:

In my moring prayer to my Father every day, I ask him to correct me if I am teaching anything that is not His Word or doing anything that is not His will, how about you?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Yes, I am always open to his Holy Spirit speaking to me and leading me into all truth, but I do not have to be corrected for that which I have already been shown by him as truth.

WJ

Hi Keith:

Then, one of us, has missed his voice because as I said I pray every day that if I am teaching anything that is not His Word or doing anything that is not His will that he correct me.

I do not want to go one step without God's approval in all that I do.

He said that the Holy Spirit would lead us into all truths. And Jesus praying to our Father, prayed that he would sactifiy us through the truth, His Word is truth.

1 Timothy 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 17
    1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

How do you get “God in three persons” out of these scriptures.

Yes, he said that the Father and himself were one. He also prayed that we would be one with them. This is what he said:

John 17:19And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

And this what the scripture states relative to the Holy Spirit:

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

These scriptures state the the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit, and so where do you get that the Holy Spirit is a third person.

And about Matthew 28:19, it makes no sense for Jesus to have said “all power over heaven and earth has been given unto me” and then command the Apostles to baptize “in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost”. If he said this, the Apostles were not aware of it because they all baptized in the name of Jesus according to the scriptures in the Acts of the Apostles.

I am part of the body of Christ, but it is not my church. Jesus said that it was his church, but if you are speaking of were my wife and I currently worship, I have already had this discussion with the pastor of the church, why, because I believe that this is the only way that we will ever come into unity in the church. If we don't agree, then we need to go to God in prayer asking Him to bring us into unity. Jesus prayed that we would be “One, that the world might know that God has sent him”. This division is not good.

In my opinion, the church needs to get back to the foundation that was laid by Jesus and the Apostles.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Baker
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 13 2010,03:31)

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 12 2010,10:27)
    There is no trinity.

Irene

Does the scripture you quote contradict Jesus words in Matt 28:19?

Do you believe in the Father? Do you believe in Jesus? Do you believe in the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe they are One?

Is that three and if it is then explain to me how that is not a Trinity?

Do you believe Jesus words in Matt 28:19?

Anyways this thread is about worship and the Forefather worshipped the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

WJ

WJ Yes, I believe in the Father, yes I believe in Jesus, but I don't belief that God' Holy Spirit is a person.  That is what the trinity teaches three in one….And all the Scriptures I quoted say that Almighty God is above all. And Marty just put down all the Scriptures that say the Holy Spirit is of God and not a person…. 
    Peace Irene

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 13 2010,00:07)

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 12 2010,22:41)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 12 2010,13:51)

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 12 2010,13:43)
    Jesus is Lord. The Lord is God. I will tell him that to his face and he will hug me and introduce me to his father, because he said that those who honor him honor his Father too. I can't wait.

Hi Mark,

You'll probably hear this from him instead:

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

And why will you hear these words Mark?

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?

You must first do what Jesus says Mark.  Jesus says to worship Jehovah your God and serve Him only.  Do that and you'll be off to a good start.

peace and love,
    mike

You fall short of my request. Tell me you do not worship Jesus if it is like you say, Marty too.

Also the scripture you quoted IMO pertains to the individuals who would go to church and or profess belief in Jesus, know the gospel, yet fail to fulfil the main point of his teaching which is love of God AND love of others.If you study the bible cover to cover and know everything in it, it will do you no good if you have neglected to share what you have with those in need. If you win every debate on here and reduce all to silence you will have gained nothing if you have no love for the least and poorest brothers of Jesus. Scripture  to this would be Matt 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left 'depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food …………44-When did we see you hungry…………..what you did not do for these least ones, you did not do for me. And these will go off to eternal punishment”  

Peace and Love- Mark

Mark, I know that Mike does not worship Jesus, and neither do I…There are plain Scriptures that tell us that first our Heavenly Father is above all in

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

And by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

Also Marty, because of these Scriptures I believe we should only worship Almighty God and not Mighty God Jesus…..also when in the Old Testament it always says LORD in capital letters emphasizing that it is Almighty God Jehovah.  And in the New Testament it always says Lord and that is Mighty God Jesus….if you will second in command….Peace Irene

OK Irene, you do not worship Jesus. Mike and Marty? Let them speak for themselves.

Baker
    Participant

Mark!  Since Mike and Marty are so busy all the time, I thought I would say what they believe.  Nothing wrong with that….Why are you mad at me, you never went back to the other post, and answered it, why? In message to the devil….

Lightenup
    Participant

theodorej,

I was wondering if these 2 Psalms 47 and 48 were Messianic, I will have to look further but I saw a commentary indicating that they are talking about Jesus.

Psalm 47

God the King of the Earth.

For the choir director. A Psalm of the sons of Korah.

1O (A)clap your hands, all peoples;
    (B)Shout to God with the voice of joy.
    2For the LORD Most High is to be Âfeared,
    A (D)great King over all the earth.
    3He (E)subdues peoples under us
    And nations under our feet.
    4He chooses our inheritance for us,
    The glory of Jacob whom He loves. Selah.
    5God has ascended with a shout,
    The LORD, with the sound of a trumpet.

6Sing praises to God, sing praises;
    Sing praises to our King, sing praises.
    7For God is the King of all the earth;
    Sing praises with a skillful psalm.
    8God reigns over the nations,
    God sits on His holy throne.
    9The princes of the people have assembled themselves as the people of the God of Abraham,
    For the shields of the earth belong to God;
    He is highly exalted.
    Psalm 48

The Beauty and Glory of Zion.

A Song; a Psalm of the sons of Korah.

1Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised,
    In the city of our God, His holy mountain.
    2Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth,
    Is Mount Zion in the far north,
    The city of the great King.
    3God, in her palaces,
    Has made Himself known as a stronghold.
    4For, lo, the kings assembled themselves,
    They passed by together.
    5They saw it, then they were amazed;
    They were terrified, they fled in alarm.
    6Panic seized them there,
    Anguish, as of a woman in childbirth.
    7With the east wind
    You break the ships of Tarshish.
    8As we have heard, so have we seen
    In the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God;
    God will establish her forever. Selah.
    9We have thought on Your lovingkindness, O God,
    In the midst of Your temple.
    10As is Your name, O God,
    So is Your praise to the ends of the earth;
    Your right hand is full of righteousness.
    11Let Mount Zion be glad,
    Let the daughters of Judah rejoice
    Because of Your judgments.
    12Walk about Zion and go around her;
    Count her towers;
    13Consider her ramparts;
    Go through her palaces,
    That you may tell it to the next generation.
    14For such is God,
    Our God forever and ever;
    He will guide us until death.

Do you understand these Psalms as being about the Messiah?

Thanks theodorej!

Lightenup
    Participant

mikeangel,
    Do you worship Jesus? Is He literally an only Son of God? How do you think the Father and Son and Holy Spirit are one?

Thanks,
    Kathi

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 14 2010,09:28)
    mikeangel,
    Do you worship Jesus? Is He literally an only Son of God?  How do you think the Father and Son and Holy Spirit are one?

Thanks,
    Kathi

Yes kathi, I worship Jesus. He was and is the word made flesh. He literally was and is the only human begotten by the sprit of God, not man. He was the direct som of God, not stained by the sin of Adam, supported by multiple Gospels and prophecy as being born to a Virgin. Every other human does not come even close. As to your last Question, I hadn't mentioned the sprit in this thread as of yet. I had mentioned that Jesus said that he and his father were one, and I believe that, because he said so. As to the sprit, Because Jesus said that sins to him and his Father could be forgiven, but sins to the sprit would not, you state all you want, but imo it's not worth the risk………….. Peace and Love-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 14 2010,03:01)
    Mark!  Since Mike and Marty are so busy all the time, I thought I would say what they believe.  Nothing wrong with that….Why are you mad at me, you never went back to the other post, and answered it, why? In message to the devil….

Irene, I am not mad at you. I just wanted to hear them speak for themselves, and am still respectfully waiting for.
    Peace and Love-Mark

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 13 2010,20:49)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 14 2010,09:28)
    mikeangel,
    Do you worship Jesus? Is He literally an only Son of God?  How do you think the Father and Son and Holy Spirit are one?

Thanks,
    Kathi

Yes kathi, I worship Jesus. He was and is the word made flesh. He literally was and is the only human begotten by the sprit of God, not man. He was the direct som of God, not stained by the sin of Adam, supported by multiple Gospels and prophecy as being born to a Virgin. Every other human does not come even close. As to your last Question, I hadn't mentioned the sprit in this thread as of yet. I had mentioned that Jesus said that he and his father were one, and I believe that, because he said so. As to the sprit, Because Jesus said that sins to him and his Father could be forgiven, but sins to the sprit would not, you state all you want, but imo it's not worth the risk…………..  Peace and Love-Mark

Thanks Mikeangel,
    That's fine if you do not want to discuss the Holy Spirit. Do you believe that the 'Word' was a person? Is the Father of Christ also the Father to the 'Word?' What kind of relationship does the Father and the Word have? Is the 'Word' an inanimate object or a personal spirit being?

I will look forward to your comment.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 14 2010,03:01)

OK, I went to “massage for the devil” and you posted “Mark this one…..” and nothing else. Did I miss something ? I do answer and I do not ignore , unless I miss or I am busy. Please forgive me.I am very sorry,If I did anything wrong. Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

New International Version (©1984)
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Standard Version (©2001)

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

International Standard Version (©2008)
    In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

King James Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Bible in Basic English
    From the first he was the Word, and the Word was in relation with God and was God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;

No matter how you translate it, or try to spin it, this is God's word, and it plainly states to anyone who can read…….THE WORD WAS GOD……. “My Lord and My God!!!!” Amen Peace_Mark

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    Yes I know and believe that the Word was God but was the Word also with God and from God? Was God with God, two different persons that were both God?

Baker
    Participant

Mark ! Please understand that it is because of the trinity and the Mass, that we left the Catholic Church. The trinity is three in one. The Holy Spirit is not a person. You will find many Scriptures that will say that the holy Spirit is God's Holy Spirit. Also Jehovah God is above all in

Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.

and by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

When you search in the Old Testament and the New Testament you will find that in the Old t. LORD is always in capital letters, while in the new it says Lord, meaning it is Jesus…

1Cr 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.

Also you will not find the trinity in the Bible as trinity. I can't just ignore all of these things just because I love all mankind. It is because I love all people that I try to tell them. If God will let one see it, He will. Or you will. I did try with our Son's, but it is obvious tom me now, that God is not calling Him, He gets real upset. And so we don't say anything to Him any more. I know that you are having some problems with their teaching also…..is it the trinity? I for one do not worship Jesus….I honor Him as King of Kings nad Lod of Lords. But worship I only do to Almighty God….Peace Irene

mikeangel
    Participant

Kathi, IMO if the word was God, then one would suppose that if it was him then it would be also with him, because if it's him, then it would have to be with him, because it's him. Also, because we have it, It had to come from him  because it did not come from us.  #2 God was with God. He's with himself right now. (ar ar ar JK) We cannot comprehend it (seriously), and anyone who claims to is fooling themselves IMO.Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Nov. 14 2010,13:39)
    Mark !  Please understand that it is because of the trinity and the Mass, that we left the Catholic Church.  The trinity is three in one.  The Holy Spirit is not a person.  You will find many Scriptures that will say that the holy Spirit is God's Holy Spirit.  Also Jehovah God is above all in

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

and by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

When you search in the Old Testament and the New Testament you will find that in the Old t. LORD is always in capital letters, while in the new it says Lord, meaning it is Jesus…

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Also you will not find the trinity in the Bible as trinity.  I can't just ignore all of these things just because I love all mankind.  It is because I love all people that I try to tell them.  If God will let one see it, He will. Or you will.  I did try with our Son's, but it is obvious tom me now, that God is not calling Him, He gets real upset.  And so we don't say anything to Him any more.  I know that you are having some problems with their teaching also…..is it the trinity?  I for one do not worship Jesus….I honor Him as King of Kings nad Lod of Lords.  But worship I only do to Almighty God….Peace Irene

Irene, Love you, mean it, but why do you constantly bombard me with tultillian?and trinity? and ya'll leaving the catholic church over the trinity? You do what you have too. I do not say you are wrong. Thats between you and God. I worship Jesus. I worship God, the creator. Since his sprit inspired the word, look above in any translation you want, THE WORD WAS GOD, I worship all of them, and will do so until my last breath. God blesses me. God guides me and walks with me and blesses me with every good thing I want and then some.Blessed be God, His son, and his Holy Sprit!!!!! Amen!!! Peace Mark

Lightenup
    Participant

Mark,
    So how is it that the Word that is God and became flesh says that He did not send Himself? And prays to the Father 'in Heaven?'

John 8:42
    42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.
    NASU

mikeangel
    Participant

Nobody knows. Nobody comprehends God. Like I said, you try,and define all you want too. To me it's just God. It's easy to be me sometime. Tell me, do you think I will go to hell for thinking the word and the father and the son are all God? Forget the term trinity. If I worship Jesus, and the Father, And the Sprit as I understand him as God among us, what do you think?

mikeangel
    Participant

Also, who else on here is going to say they do not worship Jesus? Just out of Extreeme curiousity. Marty? Mikeboll?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 14 2010,21:11)
    Nobody knows. Nobody comprehends God. Like I said, you try,and define all you want too. To me it's just God. It's easy to be me sometime. Tell me, do you think I will go to hell for thinking the word and the father and the son are all God? Forget the term trinity. If I worship Jesus, and the Father, And the Sprit as I understand him as God among us, what do you think?

Mark

the scriptures shows who is God and also who is Christ (THE WORD)
    but you have to have the will to look for,

and Mark we all go toward learning what the understanding of his word is so we can apply it to our lives,
    but this take time,

what you know now is less than what you will know one year from now and so on,and so you will change what you believe accordingly,

do not worry,keep learning,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Mark,
    I also worship Jesus, and the Father and the Spirit but I believe that the Father is the one true God and the Son is the one true God from God as His Son and the Spirit is the Spirit of the Father, given and proceeding from the Son. I consider the Son and Spirit as much a part of the Father as His own arm, as the radiance of His glory, as His very own image as per the Father/Son relationship and the Spirit as the Spirit of the Father and I don't go beyond that and claim the Spirit as a separate person. Do you think I will go to hell for believing that?

This type of understanding explains questions like I asked you which your understanding can't. My understanding still leaves plenty about God that is incomprehensible but at least I have a defense for obvious concerns like the ones I asked you about. I didn't just pull my understanding out of a hat but sought it through prayer, reading the Bible, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,261 through 1,280 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account