Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi AP,
    Acts 7:49
    Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

God is not a throne

david
    Participant

Hi David,

The word Godhead in Colossians 1:9 means deity in the Greek. Deity has these following meanings:

1. a god or goddess.
    2. divine character or nature, esp. that of the Supreme Being; divinity.
    3. the estate or rank of a god: The king attained deity after his death.
    4. a person or thing revered as a god or goddess: a society in which money is the only deity.
    5. the Deity, God; Supreme Being.

We are to worship the Father through that redemptive name. It does mean Yahweh is Salvation

Hi Silva.

It was that #2 definition that I was ascribing to it–Divine character or nature; divinity.

notice how Colossians 1:19 compares to Colossians 2:9, which you mention.

COLOSSIANS 2:9
    “because it is in him that all the fullness of the divine quality [or “Godhead”] dwells bodily.”

COLOSSIANS 1:19
    “because [God] saw good for all fullness to dwell in him,”

All fullness dwells in Christ because it “pleased the Father” (KJ, Dy), because it was “by God’s own choice.” (NE) So the fullness of “divinity” that dwells in Christ is his as a result of a decision made by the Father.

It is only because the Father wanted it, and because it pleased the Father, that this fullness dwells in Jesus.

Not3in1
    Participant

Adam Pastor,

Thank you for your explainations and point of view. I was reading a scripture just a minute ago and thought to myself, “If the word “heaven” was replaced with “God” it would mean something totally different.”

Thank you for confirming this.
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi AP, I also agree with you in that interpretation of “Heaven”. How can any one assume that an already existing being (a supernatural person) can come down from heaven literally and seize to exist as he was and take birth on this earth through a conception process? This is the doctrine made by many non-trinitarians also  by quoting this phrase “he came down from heaven” repeatedly.
    I hope you will clarify in more details on this pre-existence mythology.
    Peace to you
    Adam

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Adam,

So you believe that the name of the Father is Jesus(Yahweh is salvation)? If not, how do you worship the Father if that is not his name? (June 5th I wrote this to you.)

You replied,(June 7)

Hi Silva, yes I agree see my post above that's why I told the importance of the name 'Jesus' the name above all names nothing but Father's name given to Jesus.

So no one is adding words. I quoted your reply to my question. Now if I misunderstood you, I am sorry, but you and GB need to get off you high horse and quit thinking everyone is putting words in your mouth! I am not out to make you look bad, I'm trying to understand your point of view.

:(

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 08 2008,15:26)
    What do you mean Silva? God gave His name to angels don't you read that in O.T. Now He gave His name to Jesus His beloved son and in future He also gives His name to you and me. See Rev 3:12, it doesn't make us Father. You are in complete confusion about understanding God and Jesus.You better stop this arguement here which will not benefit you and me.
    Take care
    Adam

Come on Silva, this is my post I never uttered a word against you regarding whatever you said. Go back and see your repeated questions anybody can become irritated the way you put questions. See to yourself that who is on high horse why utter such words. I also believe that the name given to Jesus by his Father only. You have to pray in that name only. Why do you want push a person. remember I don't believe that Jesus is Father himself which oneness or whatever you said believes.
    Sorry my friend if I utter a word to cause pain to you.
    Adam

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Adam and GB, Sorry if I have offended as well. Please forgive me. I'm not confused about the way I believe, I'm confused about the way you believe. There is only one name above every name, and that name is Jesus. Monothesis are suposse to Baptize in the name of Jesus, because that is the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. I believe that the name of the one God and Father of all is Jesus. The Father revealed his name through his Son, the man Christ Jesus.

:;):

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks Silva now I can get what you believe. As you said everybody in this forum thinks in the same you said “I'm not confused about the way I believe”
    I now can get you that you are more closer to Oneness than Trinitarianism that's why you wanted to influence with that.
    OK leave it my friend we have to release these inhibitions in us.
    Peace to you
    Adam

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Gm,

Ok bro, we'll leave it at that.

:)

Quote (gsilva72 @ June 10 2008,08:19)
    Hi Adam and GB, Sorry if I have offended as well. Please forgive me. I'm not confused about the way I believe, I'm confused about the way you believe. There is only one name above every name, and that name is Jesus. Monothesis are suposse to Baptize in the name of Jesus, because that is the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. I believe that the name of the one God and Father of all is Jesus. The Father revealed his name through his Son, the man Christ Jesus.

:;):

You are making it sound like that Jesus is above our Father Almighty. Which is not the case according to
    Ephesians 4:4-6 The Father is above all. How do you get to say that we Baptize in the name of Jeuss. We are Baptized in the name of THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. Jesus is the Son of God and our Mediator so we can go to the throne of God the Father Almighty and ask Him for forgiveness of our Sins. He is the perfect Sacrifice. He died for us. That was His purpose to come to earth and save us from eternal death. Now we are the Temple of God and bothe the Father and the Son lives in us by God's Holy Spirit. It combines all of us.
    Peace and LOve Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GS,
    So the
    Son of God
    Prophet of God
    High Priest of God
    Servant of God
    Lamb of God

is also the God to Whom he is these things?

yes, no doubt about it, you are confused.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi seek and you will find;

The Father and the Son and The Holy Spirit are not names. Jesus is a name. Read Acts 2:38, Luke 24:47, Acts 4:12,  This fullfils Matthew 28:19. :)

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I'm not confused. The Father revealed his name throught the Son. I never said the man Christ Jesus is the Father. Why can't the son have the same name as his Father. I have the same name as my Father ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GS,
    Better to stick with what is written.
    Jesus is the Son of God.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Yes, according to his humanity, he was the Son of God. Accorrding to the Spirit, he was God. You do believe God was in Christ, correct? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gs,
    God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself[2Cor5]
    An amazing vessel for his Father as Spirit.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (gsilva72 @ June 11 2008,17:41)
    Hi Nick,

Yes, according to his humanity, he was the Son of God. Accorrding to the Spirit, he was God. You do believe God was in Christ, correct? ???

Hi Silva,
    Where is it written that “according to humanity Jesus is the son of God and according to Spirit he is God”?
    See the verse Rom 1:3-4,
    the gospel about his Son, descended from David according to the flesh,
    but established as Son of God in power according to the spirit of holiness through resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord
    Don't you understand these verses that clearly tell that Jesus is the son of God now (also) in glory sitting with the Father who is also God to him as mentioned in many Epistles.
    Your Monotheism is in question, please think twice before accepting that.
    Blessings
    Adam

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Gm,

What is the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit? There is only one name above every name that fulfills this. :)

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Silva,
    Please explain my friend I could not follow that.

david
    Participant

What is the “name of the law.”

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account