Worship God the Father only?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 2,142 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    “Worship God”
    the angel said to John.

John did not ask if he meant Jesus though.
    He knew what the angel meant.

It is only men who have not been enlightened who propagate confusion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Matt 4.10
    “Then Jesus said to him
    'Begone Satan!. For it is written
    'You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only'”

So Jesus, quoting scripture, says we should worship God alone. it was a perfect time to say he was God and men should worship him. He told the Jews in Jn 8.54 that the Father was their God and here he shows that nothing has changed under the New Covenant. God is still the same God and he is the son of God. God is to be worshiped.

Satan, the real adversary of God, did not argue with scripture, as men continue to do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Thank you david,
    Here is that thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Do you worship One God?
    Or several deities?

The One True God was in Christ, in the fulness of His Deity, reconciling the world to Himself. Jesus himself said true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. Should we not listen to him and worship the Father alone?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Whom does scripture teach us to worship?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    You may find interest here.

NickHassan
    Participant

THis is topical again.

david
    Participant

Hi Mercy,
    On page 14 of this thread, I list some reasons why the fact that the word proskyneo is used with reference to Jesus doesn't mean he should be worshipped.
    That word has severl shades of meaning.

Please consider what I wrote.

david

NickHassan
    Participant

Quite so david,
    This is the instructions we have received from the Master about Whom we should worship.

Jn 4
    “21Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

That should be sufficient information for us.

Mercy
    Participant

Well I think you make your point quite well. I concede this point, David, as scripture is the only authority.

It appears that in the original language the most faithful and accurate interpretation would read as we are to honor, submit, and kneel to Christ as we would a king. This makes alot of sense given that Christ is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

However, in particular in Revelation, they certainly appear to be worshipping Jesus. Perhaps the word means “obeisance” yet their actions combined with their words seem like my modern interpretation of the english word worship.

I have always praised, thanked, honored, kneeled, lifted holy hands while loving Jesus. Is this then wrong? It seems to be exactly what the elders in heaven are doing.

Confusion over words and semantics. I have always thought I was worshipping Jesus but I guess I was giving him “obesiance”.

david
    Participant

I have always praised, thanked, honored, kneeled, lifted holy hands while loving Jesus. Is this then wrong?

One can do all these things without worshipping that person.

david
    Participant

Perhaps the word means “obeisance”

I have always thought I was worshipping Jesus but I guess I was giving him “obesiance”.

Obeisance is the word most commonly used in my Bible.

david
    Participant

Hi Casey. There's some discussion on Jesus being or not being worshipped on this thread.

david
    Participant

Hi Mercy,
    On page 14 of this thread, I list some reasons why the fact that the word proskyneo is used with reference to Jesus doesn't mean he should be worshipped.
    That word has severl shades of meaning.

Please consider what I wrote.

Casey, you may come to the same conclusion Mercy did:

Well I think you make your point quite well. I concede this point, David, as scripture is the only authority.

It appears that in the original language the most faithful and accurate interpretation would read as we are to honor, submit, and kneel to Christ as we would a king. This makes alot of sense given that Christ is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

I believe that Yahshua is worthy of worship, but not as our Heavenly Father and Creator Yahweh.Worship

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi f4y,
    Are you in Yashua?
    Are you a branch of the vine?
    Does the branch worship the vine
    or the Gardener?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is 1.18 says that accepting worship is a sign one is God. Who would agree?

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 04 2006,01:51)
    Hi,
    Is 1.18 says that accepting worship is a sign one is God. Who would agree?

I disagree.

If that be the case, this week's nobel prize winners in medicine are God as well as countless others who have been honored for outstanding accomplishments. While I appreciate such accomplishments, it is with realization that they are creations of the Most High who alone is above all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Sure cubes,
    Jesus told us Whom to worship in Jn 4
    '
    21Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.'

and if he wanted to tell us it was himself as well why did he not do so?

BUT MEN SEEM TO PREFER THE TEACHINGS OF THEOLOGIANS
    TO THE ONE THEY CALL
    Lord, Lord…

Cubes
    Participant

Where in the scriptures is Jesus worshiped as (the Living Almighty) God?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 2,142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account