The Urantia Book

• This topic has 106 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Ed J.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ April 17 2009,22:19)
    Where is the Love guy's? Nick, you are an abrassive student of Gods word who thinks that somehow your interpretations of the Bible are the only truth.They are not!! There are many ways to come to the knowledge of God, the Bible is only one! Degrading other books and information as Godless, especially when you have not even read them is childish and foolish. You are quick to whip people with your beliefs but they are only your beliefs. Each person seeks the Truth their way. You think your Truth is final! There is none so blind as he who thinks he can see. If any brothers or sisters that are new in searching for the Truth find this link they will probably cease to explore further degredation. Is this building up in Love? Is there any good news or only Nick news. I know you know how to chastize people with scripture, can you admonish and love them?  Peace and Love to all, TK

Hey tim…..I can have my parrot recite scripture….The word is to be learned for the purpose of correction not to be committed to memory for the purpose of recitation…for this procedure does not allow the spirit of instruction and correction enrich ones understanding….

bodhitharta
    Participant

The book of Urantia had no knowledge of the massive growth of Islam, this would reveal it as a document without the type of “knowledge” it purports to have.

NickHassan
    Participant

For Ed

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I knew this thread was here and I did read about 3/4 of the book.
    In that Post you made (which I can't find now) you said something
    very similar to something I remember reading in The Urantia Book.
    So I asked (in essence) if you had been reading that Gynormous book?

As with reading any non-Canon materials you need to be well grounded in the Scriptures
    before tackling it, so that the errors in these writings don't penetrate into your Theology!

I know your understanding of the Scriptures is vast compared to most and I know you have
    endeavored to read popular non-Canon God oriented materials in the past, so I asked.
    Since I can't remember where I Posted that could you answer the question here?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

No Ed,
    Never read it.

Ed J
    Participant

bump for Richard (Rebellman)

NickHassan
    Participant

For colter

Spock
    Participant

What is the truth about the OT scriptures?

THE TALK WITH NATHANIEL

159:4.1 And then went Jesus over to Abila, where Nathaniel and his associates labored. Nathaniel was much bothered by some of Jesus’ pronouncements which seemed to detract from the authority of the recognized Hebrew scriptures. Accordingly, on this night, after the usual period of questions and answers, Nathaniel took Jesus away from the others and asked: “Master, could you trust me to know the truth about the Scriptures? I observe that you teach us only a portion of the sacred writings—the best as I view it—and I infer that you reject the teachings of the rabbis to the effect that the words of the law are the very words of God, having been with God in heaven even before the times of Abraham and Moses. What is the truth about the Scriptures?” When Jesus heard the question of his bewildered apostle, he answered:

159:4.2 “Nathaniel, you have rightly judged; I do not regard the Scriptures as do the rabbis. I will talk with you about this matter on condition that you do not relate these things to your brethren, who are not all prepared to receive this teaching. The words of the law of Moses and the teachings of the Scriptures were not in existence before Abraham. Only in recent times have the Scriptures been gathered together as we now have them. While they contain the best of the higher thoughts and longings of the Jewish people, they also contain much that is far from being representative of the character and teachings of the Father in heaven; wherefore must I choose from among the better teachings those truths which are to be gleaned for the gospel of the kingdom.

159:4.3 “These writings are the work of men, some of them holy men, others not so holy. The teachings of these books represent the views and extent of enlightenment of the time in which they had their origin. As a revelation of truth, the last are more dependable than the first. The Scriptures are faulty and altogether human in origin, but mistake not, they do constitute the best collection of religious wisdom and spiritual truth to be found in all the world at this time.

159:4.4 “Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

159:4.5 “Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies—men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

159:4.6 “The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures.

159:4.7 “The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

159:4.8 “Mark you well my words, Nathaniel, nothing which human nature has touched can be regarded as infallible. Through the mind of man divine truth may indeed shine forth, but always of relative purity and partial divinity. The creature may crave infallibility, but only the Creators possess it.

159:4.9 “But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scripture is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

159:4.10 “But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.”

159:4.11 Nathaniel was enlightened, and shocked, by the Master’s pronouncement. He long pondered this talk in the depths of his soul, but he told no man concerning this conference until after Jesus’ ascension; and even then he feared to impart the full story of the Master’s instruction.

Colter

Ed J
    Participant

0:3.14 As a time-space creature would view the origin and differentiation of Reality, the eternal and infinite I AM achieved Deity liberation from the fetters of unqualified infinity through the exercise of inherent and eternal free will, and this divorcement from unqualified infinity produced the first absolute divinity-tension. This tension of infinity differential is resolved by the Universal Absolute, which functions to unify and co-ordinate the dynamic infinity of Total Deity and the static infinity of the Unqualified Absolute.

0:3.15 In this original transaction the theoretical I AM achieved the realization of personality by becoming the Eternal Father of the Original Son simultaneously with becoming the Eternal Source of the Isle of Paradise. Coexistent with the differentiation of the Son from the Father, and in the presence of Paradise, there appeared the person of the Infinite Spirit and the central universe of Havona. With the appearance of coexistent personal Deity, the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, the Father escaped, as a personality, from otherwise inevitable diffusion throughout the potential of Total Deity. Thenceforth it is only in Trinity association with his two Deity equals that the Father fills all Deity potential, while increasingly experiential Deity is being actualized on the divinity levels of Supremacy, Ultimacy, and Absoluteness.

0:3.16 The concept of the I AM is a philosophic concession which we make to the time-bound, space-fettered, finite mind of man, to the impossibility of creature comprehension of eternity existences—nonbeginning, nonending realities and relationships. To the time-space creature, all things must have a beginning save only the ONE UNCAUSED—the primeval cause of causes. Therefore do we conceptualize this philosophic value-level as the I AM, at the same time instructing all creatures that the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit are coeternal with the I AM; in other words, that there never was a time when the I AM was not the Father of the Son and, with him, of the Spirit.

0:3.17 The Infinite is used to denote the fullness—the finality—implied by the primacy of the First Source and Center. The theoretical I AM is a creature-philosophic extension of the ” infinity of will, ” but the Infinite is an actual value-level representing the eternity-intension of the true infinity of the absolute and unfettered free will of the Universal Father. This concept is sometimes designated the Father-Infinite.

This 'i am' character sounds like the devil seeking to usurp YHVH's universal authority. (Link)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Spock
    Participant

Ed, their is only one God

Colter

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 19 2012,00:35)

Colter

Hi Colter,

And there is only one satan.
    Then again there is calgastia.

God bless

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,01:26)

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless

Is Satan also a God?

Colter

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 18 2012,23:36)

0:3.14 As a time-space creature would view the origin and differentiation of Reality, the eternal and infinite I AM achieved Deity liberation from the fetters of unqualified infinity through the exercise of inherent and eternal free will, and this divorcement from unqualified infinity produced the first absolute divinity-tension. This tension of infinity differential is resolved by the Universal Absolute, which functions to unify and co-ordinate the dynamic infinity of Total Deity and the static infinity of the Unqualified Absolute.

0:3.15 In this original transaction the theoretical I AM achieved the realization of personality by becoming the Eternal Father of the Original Son simultaneously with becoming the Eternal Source of the Isle of Paradise. Coexistent with the differentiation of the Son from the Father, and in the presence of Paradise, there appeared the person of the Infinite Spirit and the central universe of Havona. With the appearance of coexistent personal Deity, the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit, the Father escaped, as a personality, from otherwise inevitable diffusion throughout the potential of Total Deity. Thenceforth it is only in Trinity association with his two Deity equals that the Father fills all Deity potential, while increasingly experiential Deity is being actualized on the divinity levels of Supremacy, Ultimacy, and Absoluteness.

0:3.16 The concept of the I AM is a philosophic concession which we make to the time-bound, space-fettered, finite mind of man, to the impossibility of creature comprehension of eternity existences—nonbeginning, nonending realities and relationships. To the time-space creature, all things must have a beginning save only the ONE UNCAUSED—the primeval cause of causes. Therefore do we conceptualize this philosophic value-level as the I AM, at the same time instructing all creatures that the Eternal Son and the Infinite Spirit are coeternal with the I AM; in other words, that there never was a time when the I AM was not the Father of the Son and, with him, of the Spirit.

0:3.17 The Infinite is used to denote the fullness—the finality—implied by the primacy of the First Source and Center. The theoretical I AM is a creature-philosophic extension of the ” infinity of will, ” but the Infinite is an actual value-level representing the eternity-intension of the true infinity of the absolute and unfettered free will of the Universal Father. This concept is sometimes designated the Father-Infinite.

This 'i am' character sounds like the devil seeking to usurp YHVH's universal authority. (Link)

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Colter,

Is it not satan who causes 'divinity-tension'?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 19 2012,01:28)

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless
    Ed J

Is Satan also a God?

Colter

Hi Colter, I would say no.

“To us there is but one God, the Father,
    of whom are all things, and we in him;” (1 Cor 8:6)

God bless

Spock
    Participant

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless

Caligastia was “The Prince of this world”, he was defeated by Jesus. Lucifer and Satan were different fallen celestials.

Colter

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,01:32)

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless
    Ed J

Is Satan also a God?

Colter

God bless

Is Satan God of this world?

Colter

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 19 2012,01:33)

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless
    Ed J

Caligastia was “The Prince of this world”, he was defeated by Jesus. Lucifer and Satan were different fallen celestials.

Colter

Hi Colter,

Please excuse me if I don't consider the book of Urania inspired.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 19 2012,01:34)

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless
    Ed J

Is Satan also a God?

Colter

God bless
    Ed J

Colter

Hi Colter,

“he is a king over all the children of pride.” (Job 41:34)

God bless

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,01:36)

Quote (Colter @ April 19 2012,01:33)

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless
    Ed J

Colter

Hi Colter,

Please excuse me if I don't consider the book of Urania inspired.

God bless

Your excused Ed, just like the Bible, the UB does not claim to be “the word of God”.

“Mankind should understand that we who participate in the revelation of truth are very rigorously limited by the instructions of our superiors. We are not at liberty to anticipate the scientific discoveries of a thousand years. Revelators must act in accordance with the instructions which form a part of the revelation mandate. We see no way of overcoming this difficulty, either now or at any future time. We full well know that, while the historic facts and religious truths of this series of revelatory presentations will stand on the records of the ages to come, within a few short years many of our statements regarding the physical sciences will stand in need of revision in consequence of additional scientific developments and new discoveries. These new developments we even now foresee, but we are forbidden to include such humanly undiscovered facts in the revelatory records. Let it be made clear that revelations are not necessarily inspired. The cosmology of these revelations is not inspired. It is limited by our permission for the co-ordination and sorting of present-day knowledge. While divine or spiritual insight is a gift, human wisdom must evolve.

(1109.4) 101:4.3 Truth is always a revelation: autorevelation when it emerges as a result of the work of the indwelling Adjuster; epochal revelation when it is presented by the function of some other celestial agency, group, or personality.

(1109.5) 101:4.4 In the last analysis, religion is to be judged by its fruits, according to the manner and the extent to which it exhibits its own inherent and divine excellence.

(1109.6) 101:4.5 Truth may be but relatively inspired, even though revelation is invariably a spiritual phenomenon. While statements with reference to cosmology are never inspired, such revelations are of immense value in that they at least transiently clarify knowledge by:

(1109.7) 101:4.6 1. The reduction of confusion by the authoritative elimination of error.

(1109.8) 101:4.7 2. The co-ordination of known or about-to-be-known facts and observations.

(1110.1) 101:4.8 3. The restoration of important bits of lost knowledge concerning epochal transactions in the distant past.

(1110.2) 101:4.9 4. The supplying of information which will fill in vital missing gaps in otherwise earned knowledge.

(1110.3) 101:4.10 5. Presenting cosmic data in such a manner as to illuminate the spiritual teachings contained in the accompanying revelation.

Colter

Spock
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 19 2012,01:38)

Quote (Colter @ April 19 2012,01:34)

Colter

Hi Colter,

God bless
    Ed J

Is Satan also a God?

Colter

God bless
    Ed J

Colter

Hi Colter,

“he is a king over all the children of pride.” (Job 41:34)

God bless

He doesn’t exist accept in the fearful imagination of those who believe in the evil one.

Man is forever blaming the wickedness of his own heart on others. Man is tempted by his own instinctual desires, not a Satan king.

Colter

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account