The Urantia Book

• This topic has 106 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Ed J.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Old.seaCaptain
    Participant

It's not a personal insult to me, But unto Christ the one you profess to know. And I am very disappointed that you have need of milk and not strong meat! and act as children and babies and not as men, professing Christ!

Old.seaCaptain
    Participant

Quote (Debra @ Feb. 26 2007,08:25)

Quote (Old.seaCaptain @ Feb. 26 2007,07:23)

Quote (Debra @ Feb.,07:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb.,05:16)
    Hi osc,
    We have all sorts of offerings brought here from the “wisdom of men” and since it is a biblical site we find the wisdom of God is only found there.

Hi Old sea captain.
    I've read,when I was seeking the Truth about God, it took me 2years, but when I gave my life to Jesus, I burnt it along with all the other books the Holy Spirt led me to burn. In my opinion it's a snare of the Devil, Calligastia,(don't know if this is the correct spelling) is his name isn't it? My God is not a God of confusion, and this book with it's sensational claims is not about Truth. Like the Divinci code, if your not well grounded in the Word of God, it makes sense.

Hi! Debra Does the book of Enoch make sense to you? He walked with God for 365 years and wrote 366 books!

Hi Old sea captain
    Praise God, He has given me His Holy Spirit who leads me into descerning what is of God and what isn't. Without the guidance of the Spirit I would only have my own understanding and the book of Enoch would make no sense at all.

The head of the woman is the man, and the head of the man is God. It written let the woman be silent in the church.

Debra
    Participant

Quote (Old.seaCaptain @ Feb. 26 2007,09:36)

Quote (Debra @ Feb.,08:25)

Quote (Old.seaCaptain @ Feb.,07:23)

Hi osc,
    We have all sorts of offerings brought here from the “wisdom of men” and since it is a biblical site we find the wisdom of God is only found there.

Hi Old sea captain.
    I've read,when I was seeking the Truth about God, it took me 2years, but when I gave my life to Jesus, I burnt it along with all the other books the Holy Spirt led me to burn. In my opinion it's a snare of the Devil, Calligastia,(don't know if this is the correct spelling) is his name isn't it? My God is not a God of confusion, and this book with it's sensational claims is not about Truth. Like the Divinci code, if your not well grounded in the Word of God, it makes sense.

Hi! Debra Does the book of Enoch make sense to you? He walked with God for 365 years and wrote 366 books!

Hi Old sea captain
    Praise God, He has given me His Holy Spirit who leads me into descerning what is of God and what isn't. Without the guidance of the Spirit I would only have my own understanding and the book of Enoch would make no sense at all.

The head of the woman is the man, and the head of the man is God. It written let the woman be silent in the church.

Hi osc
    And your point being?

Old.seaCaptain
    Participant

Quote (Debra @ Feb. 26 2007,09:47)

Hi osc,

Hi Old sea captain.

Hi Old sea captain

Hi osc
    And your point being?

What God says unto the woman!

Old.seaCaptain
    Participant

I would advise one to be slow in make accusation against the Ancients of Days, Gabriel, and Melchizedek!

david
    Participant

Sound advice. But has anyone done that?

So, do you own a boat?
    And, are you actually “old” or for that matter, a Captain?

Debra
    Participant

Quote (Old.seaCaptain @ Feb. 26 2007,10:06)
    I would advise one to be slow in make accusation against the Ancients of Days, Gabriel, and Melchizedek!

osc..
    Have you even read the Bible, or do you consider the Urantia book all you need to understand Scripture?
    Paul says in 1 Corinthians 11:5 that every women who prays or prophesies should honour her head. She should be in right, loving relationship to her husband. In 1 Corinthians 14:3 we read that prophesying means speaking” unto men to edification (building up), and exhortation (stirring up) and comfort(cheering up)”. Verse 31…
    “For ye may ALL prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all maybe comforted.”
    But in 1 Corinthians 14:34 we read the phrase “Let your women keep silent in the churches…” Is Paul contradicting himself? Is this an error in the Word of God? In spite of all the Bible evidence that God has freed women to minister, does He suddenly bind them again with one phase?
    Without a clear understanding of the church as the body of Christ, you will not understand ministry, whether by men or women. The main point in these chapters is Disipline in the Believers meeting, not ministry. Speak does not mean minister.
    It would do you good to put down the Urantia book and pick up God's Holy Bible, God's word is sufficient.
    God bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Old.seaCaptain @ Feb. 26 2007,09:27)
    It's not a personal insult to me, But unto Christ the one you profess to know. And I am very disappointed that you have need of milk and not strong meat! and act as children and babies and not as men, professing Christ!

Hi osc,
    Your book is just as welcome here as the book of Mormon, and the teachings of the JWs.

It is good that Jesus told us that the Spirit does not speak of His own initiative but reminds us of the Word of God.

Thus esoteric revelations are of no more value to us than say Nostradamus.

david
    Participant

Your book is just as welcome here as the book of Mormon, and the teachings of the JWs.

Or the Greek philosphies of Plato and Nick. I'm interested in science and it seems Martin Gardner (I've read about 10 of his books) has written a book about this book. I hear it is unfair though and he is overly critical. But still, I am interested in cosmology, etc. What can you tell us.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Old.seaCaptain @ Feb. 26 2007,09:59)

Quote (Debra @ Feb. 26 2007,09:47)

Hi osc,

Hi Old sea captain.

Hi Old sea captain

Hi osc
    And your point being?

What God says unto the woman!

I praise [you] not come together for the worse.
    For the captain Has the daughters they are given; but to only those that rejoice beside the bride groom
    Ye should not crown your self in such glory

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he [is] just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

1Cr 11:15  But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering.
    1Cr 11:16  But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

1Cr 11:17 ¶ Now in this that I declare [unto you] I praise [you] not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

charity

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    It seems this bible was written about 1924
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

NickHassan
    Participant

and more from the deceptive spirits who work through reason

http://www.letusreason.org/Cults17.htm

2Jn
    7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Stu
    Participant

Unless the person holding it is from Lilliput, there is no way the clay tablet is just 6cm across. It would seem that this is evidence that god uses asteroids as murder weapons. Or not.

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 15 2008,22:24)
    Unless the person holding it is from Lilliput, there is no way the clay tablet is just 6cm across.  It would seem that this is evidence that god uses asteroids as murder weapons.  Or not.

Stuart

Greetings Stu….God Is The Giver of life..Murder is not part of his nature,murder is mans nature….Think about this,” God owes no man life”and he that giveth so can he taketh…It is by Gods Love,Mercy and grace go I (as well as the rest of mankind)to understand this fact would be wise….

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ April 16 2008,07:30)

Quote (Stu @ April 15 2008,22:24)
    Unless the person holding it is from Lilliput, there is no way the clay tablet is just 6cm across.  It would seem that this is evidence that god uses asteroids as murder weapons.  Or not.

Stuart

Greetings Stu….God Is The Giver of life..Murder is not part of his nature,murder is mans nature….Think about this,” God owes no man life”and he that giveth so can he taketh…It is by Gods Love,Mercy and grace go I (as well as the rest of mankind)to understand this fact would be wise….

So why did God decide to grace us with life? Is it so we can be tested by various cultural and theological differences and choose the correct writings about Him? If we fail to accept the right one, will He then kill us or worse yet, burn us in hell?

Cato
    Participant

I actually spent a couple of  hours reading through the portions of the book from their organization's web site this weekend.  It was an interesting read.  Yet, I must confess it reminded me of the “Star Gate” brand of science fiction.  They certainly didn't ascribe to a Star Trek like, prime directive.

In all seriousness though, that is just a first impression from a couple of hours overview and is not in any way a scholarly examination.

Question to Colter, out of curiosity have you read any of  Blavatsky's works on Theosophy?

kejonn
    Participant

Hollywood also has many Scientologists.

Stu
    Participant

Hmmm. Did I miss the bit where Captain Kirk gets the girl?

Stuart

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Where is the Love guy's? Nick, you are an abrassive student of Gods word who thinks that somehow your interpretations of the Bible are the only truth.They are not!! There are many ways to come to the knowledge of God, the Bible is only one! Degrading other books and information as Godless, especially when you have not even read them is childish and foolish. You are quick to whip people with your beliefs but they are only your beliefs. Each person seeks the Truth their way. You think your Truth is final! There is none so blind as he who thinks he can see. If any brothers or sisters that are new in searching for the Truth find this link they will probably cease to explore further degredation. Is this building up in Love? Is there any good news or only Nick news. I know you know how to chastize people with scripture, can you admonish and love them? Peace and Love to all, TK

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 25 2008,22:28)
    Hmmm.  Did I miss the bit where Captain Kirk gets the girl?

Stuart

Hey Stu…..Spock got the Girl,and didn't know what to do with her…

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account