The New Zealand Earthquake.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 18 2013,11:37)
    Got home, and felt the next 6.5, but that wasn't nearly as strong because my house is built on a rock.   Reminds me of a bible verse.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Today is the first day that gay couples can marry.
    A good day for an earthquake perhaps.

terraricca
    Participant

That his an earth quake 15 on God,s moral scale

Proclaimer
    Participant

lol.
    The biggest today was 4.6 I think.
    But I suppose that God didn't destroy Sodom when gay marriage became law. He did it when homosexuality was rife.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 19 2013,17:41)
    lol.
    The biggest today was 4.6 I think.
    But I suppose that God didn't destroy Sodom when gay marriage became law. He did it when homosexuality was rife.

true ,but it is the beginning of the NO return to righteousness ,just as Cain murdered his brother there was the beginning of NO return,from there on it just increased ,until their are so few that are or can be called righteous can easy be protected ,and destroy all others

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 18 2013,11:37)
    I didn't know about the Coalinga quake, but Wikipedia had that at a 6.5.
    I am thinking it must have been a direct hit judging from the damage I am looking at.
    A direct hit from a 6.5 can level a city as we saw in Christchurch NZ. But the chances of a direct hit are also unlikely.

According to the US Geological Survey we had 2 x 6.5s on Friday. They were in Blenheim which is where Nick lives.
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/

I was in an older building in downtown Wellington when the first one hit, and the building vibrated violently for quite a while and then swayed  for about 10 minutes. What I didn't realise was there was a 5.8 and a a bunch of 4s almost every minute after that, so that explained why the building kept swaying. Then I got stuck in a traffic jam as everyone fled the city.

Got home, and felt the next 6.5, but that wasn't nearly as strong because my house is built on a rock.   Reminds me of a bible verse.

Geonet (NZ's Earthquake Watch) say there is a 30% chance of another over 6 quake in the next week. So I am going to be working from home next week.

T8……. Yes it was a 6.5 instead of 7.3. The 7.3 was in Kern County at Mamoth Mountains 1952 I believe  , I was around  11years old , it struck at around 4:00 in the morning and our neighbor said it rolled him completely out of his bed. Even the 6.5 in Coalinga really rocked and rolled the place, it hit in two waves in the after noon  , I was in the house with my children and some friends. When it first started to sway the house , I told everyone to get outside and I garbed my daughter and carried he out side,  where we waited for it to stop and it did,  and they began to laugh, and I said how do you know it is over , I no sooner said it, when the second wave  hit, my pickup truck was rocking side to side and you could hear the springs , man you aught to have seen the facial expressions change from laughter to horror as soon as it began the second time, and we were 60 miles from the epic center.

Earthquakes are common in California. I have felt many small ones over the years. If you live in the Country best is to get outside if you can, IMO. Anyway I hope and pray,  it calms down for you all over there.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Cheers Gene. I have been in many quakes even a 7.1 last year, but the 6.5 was much worse. Depth and distance is everything. A 6.5 is like a bullet, if you get a direct hit there will be deaths. An 8 is much like a direct 6.5 but widespread and effecting a bigger area. Of course a direct hit from an 8 would be hell, but I am not sure that this has ever happened to a city.

The city I live in had an 8.2 back in 1855, (not a direct hit), just a few years before I was born. Okay maybe more than a few. It had the largest observed movement on a strike-slip fault, up to 18 metres. Imagine if your house was on that fault and the house split into two and 18 metres apart.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1855_Wairarapa_earthquake

Look at the document below. It is interesting because it shows how big earthquakes are as you go up the Richter Scale. Scroll down to the bottom of the document and you can see what a monumental jump it is from a 6 to 8 or 9, the latter being what Japan & Indonesia endured. It is like comparing the Earth and the Sun.
    http://www.mch.govt.nz/perspectives/earthquakes/

Proclaimer
    Participant

6.2 in the lower North Island today followed by many aftershocks in the 3-4 range.
    Anyone else feel that?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Should also mention that we have had a few days of whale stranding prior. Maybe it is true that animals warn us of earthquakes. Just reading this interesting article.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoception

keras
    Participant

Hey t8, cuzzie bro, I live in Thames, Waikato.
    Never felt a thing up North, in fact in my 70 plus years, I have never felt any earthquake in New Zealand. Only when I lived for a while in New Guinea did I experience one or two.
    Anyway these things are just the 'birth pangs' of the coming new age. The curtain will rise soon with the great Day of the Lord's wrath – the Sixth Seal.
    Call me on 07 868 2385

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi keras. You live in a nice place. I love the Coromandel. Yet I hardly ever strike good weather up there even though it has a sunny climate.  I have a few photos of Coromandel I took more than 10 years ago now.
    http://www.virtualoceania.net/newzealand/photos/coast/coromandel/

We get quite a few shakes down here in Wellington as you would know. I noticed that the Seddon quakes to the south stopped when this new Ekatahuna sequence to the north started. This leads me to believe they are related. And now they are both going off and I am in the middle. lol. Makes you wonder if the whole fault is going to slip, when either end of the Wellington region is shaking.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus spoke about earthquakes as heralding in his return. NZ had a mega-quake a few weeks back, (7.8), fortunately it struck in a sparsely populated area. Still, the city I live in was shaken significantly and damaged and destroyed many buildings. On the others side of the world in Switzerland some 18,000km away, the Hadron Collider wobbled 0.1mm as a result of this quake. The region I live in moved 6 incles north and other parts of the country moved significantly both horizontally and vertically.

Jesus talks about the Earth reeling like a drunkard in the last days.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11747630

Proclaimer
    Participant

lol. I just watched the end of this video, and I do not subscribe to the conclusion presented. However, I wouldn’t rule it out either as I usually say. Here are some other videos.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Now we have a biggie (7.8) in the Solomon Islands to the north of New Zealand.

The previous time we have a destructive quake was in 2011 and 2 weeks later, Japan got their 9.0.

This years and next could be another preriod of big quakes around the world.

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account