The New Zealand Earthquake.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    karmarie
    Participant

Amen Kerwin, thankyou.

thehappyman
    Participant

May our Father bless the families that have experienced the lost of a loved one and may all those that were spared place their trust in God. In Jesus name I pray….

Proclaimer
    Participant

I can tell you that people in Wellington are now a bit worried.
    We received another jolt last night. 4.7 on the Richter scale, the second moderate quake to hit the city in less than a week.

karmarie
    Participant

Hi t8. I grew up in Wellington.

Heres a chart showing the latest earthquakes in the world. But it doesnt seem to have todays or yesterdays.

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/qed/

I found it on another forum where someone said that earthquakes had increased in the past week or two.

Amen happyman.

karmarie
    Participant
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for that.

And here are the latest quakes in New Zealand.

http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/recent_quakes.html

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Mar. 03 2011,08:27)
    May our Father bless the families that have experienced the lost of a loved one and may all those that were spared place their trust in God. In Jesus name I pray….

May it be so!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Two 5 (approx) on the Richter scale earthquakes at each end of New Zealand. One in the Auckland Islands and the other in the Kermadec Islands today. There seems to be quite a bit of activity around the country at the moment and that increases the statistical likelihood of another big one hitting a populated area.

Please pray for the safety and protection of those you know in New Zealand.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Mar. 03 2011,13:27)

Amen, Peace and Love to all, may God be with you all…..Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

If anyone knows about this earthquake, then this 1996 video should freak you out a bit.

Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 07 2011,20:30)
    Two 5 (approx) on the Richter scale earthquakes at each end of New Zealand. One in the Auckland Islands and the other in the Kermadec Islands today. There seems to be quite a bit of activity around the country at the moment and that increases the statistical likelihood of another big one hitting a populated area.

Please pray for the safety and protection of those you know in New Zealand.

Hi T8:

Praying that God would give the people of New Zealand wisdom regarding what to do in light of this immanent danger.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks 942767 .

I just heard that Japan has been struck by a big quake and possibly a tsunami too.

Baker
    Participant

Yes, I been watching the News all night long. A 8.9 Earthquake hit Japan, which caused a Tsunami. it looks very bad. All the Western Coastlines of America and the Hawaiian Islands are under a Tsunami.
    t8 you should be effected by that also….Please keep all the people of Japan and all involved in your prayers. I will and have too……Peace and love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes a monster quake. The seventh biggest on record. Approximately 8000 times more powerful than the Christchurch one. The Christchurch one was admittedly preceded by a 7.2 and thousands of aftershocks for six months before the 6.3 direct hit.

But it is hard to imagine a quake 8000 times more powerful. That is some force and the resulting tsunami is the result of that incredible movement of plates.

Japan is in our prayers.

thehappyman
    Participant

Amen ! The people of Japan once again find terrible distruction and many lives were lost. Keep praying for the people of Japan. T.Y.

Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Mar. 17 2011,16:15)
    Amen ! The people of Japan once again find terrible distruction and many lives were lost. Keep praying for the people of Japan. T.Y.

Praying for the all the people of Japan, the missionaries who are sharing the gospel and taking care of the suffering and praying for their phyisical needs. Praying for the comfort those who have lost loved ones.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

so-journ
    Participant

Amen. And that many will hear of… and turn to the Lord.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Christchurch might be one of the world's unluckiest cities, scientific investigations into last month's earthquake show.

A rare combination of factors are being blamed for the magnitude-6.3 quake, which police say killed 182 people.

Violent, unprecedented ground-shaking, unusually high levels of energy release, a fault pointing at the city like a loaded gun and trampoline-like bouncing of ground layers under the city combined over about 20 seconds on February 22 to cause the disaster.

GNS Science seismologist Bill Fry said the Christchurch quake was so well documented by the network of instruments around Christchurch that it would change international scientific thinking about earthquakes.

Fry said ground acceleration more than twice that of gravity in some parts of Christchurch was the strongest recorded in a New Zealand quake and up to four times greater than the maximum acceleration measured in last week's magnitude-9.0 quake 130 kilometres off northeast Japan.

When the earthquake hit, the weaker top few metres of ground under the city “trampolined” further upwards than stronger layers lower down and separated from them.

“When these upper layers fell back under gravity, they `slapped' against the lower layers coming up again, producing very high impacts,” Fry said.

“Think of jumping on a trampoline. If you change the rate at which you jump, and get out of synch with the trampoline, when you come down and land as the trampoline is still heading upwards, you get quite a jolt to your knees.”

There had been isolated recordings of the trampoline effect in the past, but Christchurch had provided scientists with a full set of data to study it.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/southla….-moment

Proclaimer
    Participant

More quakes. A 5.5 and 6.0 today.
    It is making many think that evacuation is the answer.

Please pray for the safety of God's people.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 14 2011,00:31)
    More quakes. A 5.5 and 6.0 today.
    It is making many think that evacuation is the answer.

Please pray for the safety of God's people.

T8

this is one of my daily task

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account