The New Zealand Earthquake.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news….o-haiti

There was a major earthquake in Christchurch, (the second biggest city in New Zealand) this morning. The magnitude is the same as the Haiti quake, but the epicentre was 40 km from the main populated area. New Zealand buildings have good construction codes to make sure buildings withstand strong earthquakes, so it certainly no Haiti in as far as the damage done.

If anyone here was affected, please list your prayer requests in this topic.

JustAskin
    Participant

T8,
    No one was reported dead. Just two/a few reported hurt.

We can put our chequebooks away again for the next tribulation of the last days…

JustAskin
    Participant

yeah…all eleven posts from Just Askin….

22:08hrs through 00:38hrs

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes they got off very lightly as far as casualties. However, the city is predicted to being hit with severe northwest gales today. Not a good combo.

Baker
    Participant

t8 good luck to you and yours, I will keep you in my prayers tonight…..Irene

thehappyman
    Participant

Beloved ,
               May we join you in prayer for all of the people in New Zealand;
                           Beloved Almighty Father and your son Jesus the Christ, we humbly ask that grace be upon these people. May their griefs be shorten and compassion be applied. May you continue to protect this nation from the gales that are there. Lord protect this nation for Lord speak to the winds and the sea and earth and may their be serenity and peace.    In Jesus name we pray, Amen

kerwin
    Participant

NZ residents,

I am overjoyed that God kept you safe.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes it is amazing that there were no deaths.
    The city has a new fault line now.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/05/world/main6837923.shtml

kerwin
    Participant

I suppose God is making things interesting by giving us a few more warnings. Keep dressed for the Time is here and fast approaching.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi t8,
    I'm certainly thankful that this was not the disaster that it could have been! I was listening to Pastor Bill Johnson of Bethel Church in Redding, California last night from the podcast of this weeks sermon entitled “Family Chat” and he had just come back from NZ and was going on and on about NZ. He loves the national anthem there. If you are interested in listening to it you can get it here this week or in the archives at a later time:

http://www.ibethel.org/site/sermon-of-the-week

Bethel Church is an amazing church demonstrating the love of God, encouraging the presence of God and the wonders of God's present day miracles that they are experiencing regularly.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Christchurch is again hit with a major earthquake.
    This time they are saying that there will be deaths.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz….0707996

Christchurch is an interesting city because it is the furthest city from Jerusalem.
    It is the utter most part of the Earth.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 22 2011,13:28)
    Christchurch is again hit with a major earthquake.
    This time they are saying that there will be deaths.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz….0707996

Christchurch is an interesting city because it is the furthest city from Jerusalem.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Oh my gosh. I didn't know that. I have family in Christchurch.

Participant

Good Morning my New Zealand friends:

Caught the news of the earthquake on the news this morning, and so, I was checking in to see that your were OK.

It appears that this one did considerably more damage than the last one, and that some people have lost thier lives and some have been hurt.

My prayer is that many will turn to God in this tragic hour, and that God will comfort those of our brothers and sisters in Christ who have lost loved ones, or have had members of their family hurt, or have lost some of their earthly possessions by virtue of this earthquake.

I hope that you will find everything well with your family, Karamie.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Baker
    Participant

Hello! I too watched the news before, and they said there are 63 deaths so far…. pictures show destruction of Buildings. more damage then the last one. 6.3 is a major Earthquake….
    Simmer and t8 we will be praying for all the people in New Zealand….
    may God be with all of you….
    Peace and love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for your prayers everyone.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

If you live in Wellington and have a spare bed or two, you might want to consider offering someone a room in your home for the night. Thousands of people are being flown into Wellington by the airforce today. Most of these people are tourists who have little or nothing.

You can ring this number to find out how you can help.

(04) 801 4205 or
    [email protected]

http://www.wellington.govt.nz/news/display-item.php?id=4334

karmarie
    Participant

Thank you Marty and Irene. My family are OK, shaken though. I think the worst thing for all of them there is the fact that they have had months of aftershocks from the last earthquake in September, so they're all really jumpy anyway, psychologically it would be hard. So now its happened again only worse. But your right Marty, it may be the thing that makes a lot of people turn to God, and that is a good prayer.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 22 2011,13:28)

That's really interesting.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is also interesting that this uttermost part of the Earth is called Christ Church.

Quoted is part of a prophecy given by Rick Joyner in 1991.

Christchurch, New Zealand is literally “the uttermost part of  the
    earth” as it is geographically the most distant  major  city
    on  earth  from  Jerusalem.  This city has also been
    prophetically named; it will become a city that is a church  –  it
    will be the Lord's. Though you may be the city that was furtherest
    from the beginning of the church age, you are the closest  to  the
    last great move of the Holy Spirit – you will see the beginning of
    the movement that will close the church age. For this reason,  the
    Lord had you placed as the first nation on the international date-
    line and therefore the first nation to see the sun rise. You  will
    be the first to see the Son rise and the beginning of the  day  of
    the Lord.

If you see that city as a pattern for the Church, then we know that shaking starts with the household of God. Perhaps the first shake although quite harsh had little consequences because it is but a wake up call. The second shake has serious consequences.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account