The New Zealand Earthquake.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 13 2011,17:31)
    More quakes. A 5.5 and 6.0 today.
    It is making many think that evacuation is the answer.

Please pray for the safety of God's people.

Good morning t8:

Praying that God would give the people wisdom and direction in this time of trouble.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (t8 @ June 13 2011,01:31)
    More quakes. A 5.5 and 6.0 today.
    It is making many think that evacuation is the answer.

Please pray for the safety of God's people.

Amen! Will do!

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Sorry to hear this has happened, and so soon. I will pray for the people affected by this, t8. Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Kathi

thehappyman
    Participant

Yes we will pray also. Is their a New Zealand need for clothing ect.; and if so; where in the U.S. is it organized ? ….:O

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks for asking.

No need for that though. Everything is provided for those who have lost their homes and there are financial benefits that people can apply for if they need it.
    The rest of the country is supplying their needs through government organised responses and teams of volunteers.
    There are also temporary homes available to people who have lost their home as well as portaloos placed on every affected street.
    The biggest problem is broken infrastructure, homes, businesses, and of course danger to life.
    The risk to life and the fear of another shake is too much for many as there have been thousands of aftershocks since the 7.2 quake and many are extremely nervous.
    Others who are still living in their houses are not sure if their suburb will be abandoned due to liquefaction. This information is not available yet, so they are left in limbo.

I think the best thing that we can do is pray for the safety of God's people and the citizens of Christchurch in general.

Proclaimer
    Participant

More than 7000 aftershocks since the big one.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/environ….rshocks

Pastry
    Participant

t8 We will be praying for God's people and hoping all will stop soon….. Peace to all involved, Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gisborne has been shaking quite a bit the last few days.
    A 6.1, 5.8, 5.3, and 5.1 and quite a number of 4s.
    http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quakes/recent_quakes.html

Proclaimer
    Participant

OK, I wondered where this topic had got to.

More big quakes today in CHCH. On the news they were saying that this is the first time that a western city has suffered repeated destruction since way back in WWII.

8000 quakes and counting now and this has been going in since 2010. A number of 5s and a 6.0 in the last week and an aftershock back in July was just upgraded to 6.4 which was bigger than the deadly February quake.

It is ironic, but these new quakes are doing little damage because all the weak structures have already fallen leaving the strong structures. It is a bit like Christ's Church (pun intended) where we are told that God will shake the household of God first so that what is of him will remain.

Proclaimer
    Participant

OK, just had a decent earthquake.
    Hopefully it wasn't a big one further afield.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Wow 7.0 that is pretty big.
    Very little damage as the quake was very deep.

david
    Participant

There has been a spike in earthquakes beginning around 2001.

Jesus said there would be great earthquakes. I'm wondering what others think of this.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I don't know of the official figures, but it sure feels like there are many more big quakes now than there have ever been in my lifetime at least. 2011 was an outstanding year for quakes. Japan, Chile, NZ.

terraricca
    Participant

Mt 24:4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.
    Mt 24:5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

its look like that this is also a prelude and out come of the predictions of Christ cataclisms of the end

phase 1)

Mt 24:6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
    Mt 24:7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
    Mt 24:8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
    Mt 24:9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
    Mt 24:10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,
    Mt 24:11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Mt 24:12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,
    Mt 24:13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

phase2;

Mt 24:21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
    Mt 24:22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
    Mt 24:23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it.
    Mt 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

Mt 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.some think it his a man that Christ sends

phase 3

Mt 24:33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door.
    Mt 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
    Mt 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Mt 24:36 “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    Mt 24:37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
    Mt 24:38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
    Mt 24:39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Mt 24:42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
    Mt 24:43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.
    Mt 24:44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
    Mt 24:45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time?
    Mt 24:46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns.
    Mt 24:47 I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.

Mt 24:48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’
    Mt 24:49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards.

this verse could be also understand in a spiritual way like being with fase doctrines, and expell those who do not submit to them.

david
    Participant

It's mat 24:7 that I wonder what people think about.

Proclaimer
    Participant

In NZ we have many serious earthquake faults. The ones that have ruptured in the last couple of years have been ones that were not known about and are not on the main highway of faults. Nobody expected to have quakes there and Seismologists are saying it is just bad luck because these faults only rupture every 10,000 years or so according to their calculation. Testament to that is the land is flat.

The ones that seriously rupture every 200 years or so and have created major mountain ranges haven't increased in activity. I think scripture says earthquakes in diverse places. Not 100% sure of that interpretation though. But even Australia (which is the most stable of all earth's continents) has had some surprisingly big earthquakes in the last few years.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Experiencing a swarm of earthquakes in the last couple of days.
    http://www.geonet.org.nz/quakes/region/wellington/felt

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 21 2012,02:00)
    It's mat 24:7 that I wonder what people think about.

hi David

Mt 24:7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

well how many wars have their be sins ww1 and ww2 sins then we ad Korea,Vietnam, Afghanistan, Irak with USA,Irak with Iran,
    plus Africa multi wars,Russia and Chechen,now it is Syria with Syria,Serbia,and not counting all the people revolt in the Muslim world ,and Pakistan and India with Kashmir, and what not

and we suppose to be in peace time

now as for famines so many die each day it give me tears,

earthquakes ,also many and not counting the floods all over the world ,

it seems that every week we see or hear of a new disaster,

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 20 2012,20:59)
    I don't know of the official figures, but it sure feels like there are many more big quakes now than there have ever been in my lifetime at least. 2011 was an outstanding year for quakes. Japan, Chile, NZ.

I heard recently that there were an avg of 42 major earthquakes in every decade since 1900. But there were Over 400 in 2011 alone.

Proclaimer
    Participant

In the last 10 minutes we just had:
    6.5, 5.2, 5.9, 4.4, 4.5, 4.4, 4.8

http://www.geonet.org.nz/quakes/region/wellington/felt

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account