The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,841 through 1,860 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Hi all!

If the Holy Spirit is not a person then maybe someone can explain this…

Jn 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Cant be the Father…

• for he shall not speak of himself
  • but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:
  • that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Cant be Yeshua…

• He shall glorify me:
  •  for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

:)

NickHassan
Participant

Hi WJ,
What is to explain?
The Spirit of God
is
the Spirit of God
Manifesting God on earth amongst His creation.

Oxy
Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 17 2007,20:19)
Oxy So there is ONe Person the Father, second Person the Son and third Person the Spirit. 3in1 and all are equal in power. That is what the trinity is. Can you prove that/ And were is the trinity listed? I said it before you can't prove the Mystery of the trinity, but I can prove to you by the words of Jesus that the trinity is wrong. He said that the Father isd greaer then He is. My favorite scripture
Ephesians 4:4-6 THERE IS ONE BODY AND ONE SPIRIT, JUST AS YOU WERE CALLED IN ONE HOPEOF YOUR CALLING. ONE LORD(jESUS) ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM.
O N E   G O D   A N D   F A T H E R   O F   A L L   W H O   I S   A B O V E   A L L,   A N D   T H R O U G H   U S   A L L,   A N D   I N   U S   A L L.
When are you going to see this that the Father is greater then the Son and even if the Spirit would be a person the Father is still greater then all and will always be so. He always exsisted.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

I have NEVER said that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are co-equal. Please don't misquote me.

The Father is God Almighty, His Son in submission to Him, and the Holy Spirit tells us of the things He has heard. There is definitely no equality in that.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
Is
the Spirit of God
not
the Spirit of God?

Oxy
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2007,07:18)
Hi Oxy,
Is
the Spirit of God
not
the Spirit of God?

Another dumb question Nick?

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
Does God not have a Spirit then if His own Spirit is actually another person?

Oxy
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2007,07:20)
Hi Oxy,
Does God not have a Spirit then if His own Spirit is actually another person?

My understanding is that God is Spirit, and then there is Jesus, Word of God made manifest, and then there is the Holy Spirit whom Jesus sent FROM the Father.

Joh 15:26 And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
So the Holy Spirit is not the Spirit of God?

Exodus 31:3
And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,
Numbers 11:29
And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!
Numbers 24:2
And Balaam lifted up his eyes, and he saw Israel abiding in his tents according to their tribes; and the spirit of God came upon him.
1 Samuel 10:10
And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.
1 Samuel 11:6
And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly.
1 Thessalonians 4:8
He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
1 John 4:2
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

etc

Oxy
Participant

Nick, of course the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, in the same way that Jesus is the Son of God.

If this were not the case the Scripture I quoted above would read something like this:

Joh 15:26 And when the Comforter has come, who is the Father, the Spirit of truth, He shall testify of Me.

instead of:

Joh 15:26 And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

IM4Truth
Participant

Oxy Think about this, if the Holy Spirit is a person then He is the Father of Jesus. We know that is not true. The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit. There is only One Holy Spirit, One Jesus Christ and One Father who is above all. There is no trinity. Wake up.
Peace and Love Mrs.

Oxy
Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 18 2007,10:03)
Oxy Think about this, if the Holy Spirit is a person then He is the Father of Jesus. We know that is not true. The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit. There is only One Holy Spirit, One Jesus Christ and One Father who is above all. There is no trinity. Wake up.
Peace and Love Mrs.

Thanks for the insult.

You tell me to wake up as though you know it all, but I have yet to meet the person who does. The fact that the Holy Spirit came on Mary that she could conceive makes Jesus no less the Son of God.

The Holy Spirit is not autonomous. He does the will of the Father.

You say peace and love, but I don't see that in your message.

NickHassan
Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 18 2007,09:55)
Nick, of course the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, in the same way that Jesus is the Son of God.

If this were not the case the Scripture I quoted above would read something like this:

Joh 15:26  And when the Comforter has come, who is the Father, the Spirit of truth, He shall testify of Me.

instead of:

Joh 15:26  And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

Hi Oxy,
What does that mean?
A son is like a spirit?

Spirit is inherently part of any living being
but are sons also??

Oxy
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2007,12:36)

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 18 2007,09:55)

Joh 15:26  And when the Comforter has come, who is the Father, the Spirit of truth, He shall testify of Me.

instead of:

Joh 15:26  And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

Hi Oxy,
What does that mean?
A son is like a spirit?

Spirit is inherently part of any living being
but are sons also??

How did you come up with that Nick? You are an intellegent man.

Scripture identifies the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

The Son of God is the Son of God.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

The Father sent the Son.

The Son sent the Holy Spirit from the Father.

Pretty plain I thought.

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Oxy,
We know sons become independant life forms from their fathers.
Do spirits of beings become independant beings from their life source?

God gives of His Spirit to His Son and the Son gives of that Spirit to his brothers.
Does God lose His Spirit by sharing or does the son?
No that Spirit of God ever unites them with God.

One Spirit.

Quote (IM4Truth @ Dec. 18 2007,10:03)
Peace and Love Mrs.

Imtruth

If the Holy Spirit is not a person as you say, then Yeshua is the Son of a breath or a force.

Now if you insist that the Holy Spirit is the Father then that means then the Spirit is God, therefore would have to be a person. You cant have it both ways.

You cant say the Holy Spirit is the Fathers personal Spirit and then say the Spirit is not a person!

Foolishness!

:p

NickHassan
Participant

Hi WJ,
In what way is the Spirit of God a separate PERSON from God?
Is your spirit a separate person from you?

kenrch
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 18 2007,03:16)
Hi all!

If the Holy Spirit is not a person then maybe someone can explain this…

Jn 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Cant be the Father…

• for he shall not speak of himself
  • but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:

Cant be Yeshua…

• He shall glorify me:
  • for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

:)

• :laugh: Well at least we know that the dove was NOT female! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You say
    “If the Holy Spirit is not a person as you say, then Yeshua is the Son of a breath or a force.”

Is the Spirit of God a breath?
    Was Adam filled with the Spirit of God, as the fruit was not good.
    The breath of God enlivened man but God poured His Spirit in His chosen vessels rather later.

Is the Spirit of God only a FORCE?
    Was Christ anointed with a FORCE?

Or did that anointing fill him with all the
    nature [fruit]
    AND
    powers [gifts] of God
    by His Spirit?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2007,13:29)
    Hi Oxy,

God gives of His Spirit to His Son and the Son gives of that Spirit to his brothers.

One Spirit.

You are right in saying that the Son becomes independant from His Father, but yet He is still One with the Father.

In the same way, the Holy Spirit is seperate from the Father, otherwise how could the Father send Him?

And tho He is seperate, still He is One with the Father. God does not lose His Spirit as He is omnipresent.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Dec. 18 2007,11:54)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2007,13:29)
    Hi Oxy,

One Spirit.

You are right in saying that the Son becomes independant from His Father, but yet He is still One with the Father.

In the same way, the Holy Spirit is seperate from the Father, otherwise how could the Father send Him?

And tho He is seperate, still He is One with the Father.  God does not lose His Spirit as He is omnipresent.

Hi OXY,
    So he was not really a son but it is a euphemism for remaining one being with God?
    Funny that because it says he is a son.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,841 through 1,860 (of 6,305 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account