The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    “Godhead ” is a uniquely KJV term that has been distorted. If you check all othe translations it does not refer to any sort of conglomerate God but the Father alone.

The baptism of Cornelius and his friends by the Holy Spirit was not, in my view an indication of an alteration in the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you check the reaction of Peter you will see he commanded that thy also be immediately be baptised in Water. God is sovereign and He may have needed to do this to convince Peter the message also belonged to the gentiles.

Likewise when Paul found believers who had only received John's water baptism in Acts 19 he rebaptised them in water in the name of Jesus and laid hands on them to receive the Spirit. This pattern continued throughout the book of Acts, for example in the salvation of the jailor and his family in Acts 16, and it did not change. The apostles did not receive some new revelation about the gospel after beginning their work. That is a human teaching from the pit in my opinion.

God is not a God of confusion but of peace and he does not change his mind as men do.

Heb 6 1-2 shows the basic church beliefs and these still include “baptisms'and “the laying on of hands”

We are warned not to be “progressive” and stray from the true path but these teachings you are sharing do not agree with the word of God.

trettep
    Participant

I'm not sure if it was added or not. I just know the Holy Spirit is the divine character of God and not another person. I can tell this because of the overall plan from the beginning in the Garden of Eden. Additionally, none of the Apostles acknowledge the Holy Spirit as a person or He when giving salutations in each of the epistles but instead referred to the Father and the Son. Also, the former Temple in the Tent of the Congregation was a type of the Temple today. Their was two rooms in the Temple the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place (Holy of Holies). These two rooms were types of the Father and the Son. The Father being the Holy of Holies and the Holy Place being the Son (Jesus Christ). Only way to get into the Holy of Holies (Father) was to go through the Holy Place (Son). Additionally, only the High Priest could do so just as Christ intercedes for those in the Church we must go through Christ to get to the Father. But afterwards the Veil is torn allowing us to contact the Father and be His Children. The former has no sign of the Holy Spirit being a person. I believe God gives us former types as examples and believe that the things of now or the future are typified beforehand or revealed by prophets before they occur.

Additionally, the overall reproductive process of the Children of God requires that the Children of God have this character of the Father and the Mother which is the same Character of the Father in the Holy Spirit.

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Hmmm,
    ” the mother”??

trettep
    Participant

The Mother is the Church. The Mother is the collective body of the members of the Church. Which is the same Spirit as the Father. Therefore, the Father is the only one that has the Spirit in and through all. All goodness comes from the Father and that means from his character which is what the Holy Spirit is so in reality only the Father is good. Of course anything with the Fathers character is also.

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    It is a popular traditional teaching that our mother is the Church but it has no scriptural basis. Jesus wanted to gather the chicks under his wings to love and protect them.

Mothering as far as denominations go is to treat us as children and rob us of our personal responsibility to be established in Christ I would say.

trettep
    Participant

The Mother has to exist because we have a Father. Since God is a Family their must be a mother. When I get to a point where I can get to my Bible tools I will try to post some more information

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    Mothering is only necessary for created beings. The Son of God was begotten so he derived directly from the Father without any other influence. The rest is surely human conjecture?

trettep
    Participant

Mat 12:48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
    Mat 12:49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
    Mat 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Thanks Paul,
    Yes but none of these identify a specfic person, but maybe that is what you mean anyway..

Those who do the will of the Father are many, male, female, old and young. They are of his family and he has expanded on calling us just his brothers[Heb2]

Likewise the Jerusalem from above is the bride of Christ[rev 21.2] the church.

trettep
    Participant

Yes the mother is not a specific person. The Mother is THE Church. Its Jerusalem on High. Its the collective body of believers. The purpose of the Mother is to nurture the Children of God which is what spiritual gifts are for.

1Co 14:12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.

Paul

Proclaimer
    Participant

This is todays scripture (on the homepage).

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Corinthians 3:17, ESV)

The Word 'Lord used here is 'kurios'. It means:
    Supreme in authority, God, Lord, master.

Are the following 2 answers correct?

What is the Lord? He is the Spirit.
    Who is the Lord? He is the Father.

stroshow
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering who you people belive the Holy Spirt is? Is he a person? is he gods spirit? Here are some examples of why i think he is a person..

Acts 5:3, 4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Who did they lie to?

Acts 5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to
    tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have
    buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Who did Ananias & Saphira tempt?

Holy Spirit.
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………

We can blaspheme against the Spirit.

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy
    Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

The Holy Spirit can talk,.

Acts 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

The Spirit can send and call for others.

Acts 10:19, 20 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee. Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.

Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said,
    Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have
    called them.

The Spirit can act.

Acts 16:6,7 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of
    Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.

The Spirit can teach.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will
    send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things
    to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual
    things with spiritual.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church
    of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Who is it that made them overseers? Also, (regarding the deity of Jesus) notice who’s blood does it say the church was purchased with?

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from
    the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Notice several things the Spirit gives testimony. Also, notice who sends the Spirit. Here Jesus says that “I will send him”, so Jesus sends him. Look back at John 14:26, were Jesus says that the Father will send the Spirit.

John 16:13,14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you
    into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he
    shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always
    resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Who did they resist?
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………….

1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

According to who’s will?

I would really appreciate some feed back on this topic thank u so much!

Is 1:18
    Participant

Hi Stroshow,
    Nice post I think you have raised some good points – and I agree that He is a person. Thank you for this verse:

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church
    of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

I hadn't noticed it before.

God Bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2005,16:54)
    Hi Paul,
    Mothering is only necessary for created beings. The Son of God was begotten so he derived directly from the Father without any other influence. The rest is surely human conjecture?

The head of the woman is the man, the head of the man is Christ and the head of Christ is God.

So we are the bride of Christ and women becomes the bride of the men. So perhaps even Christ is to God as we are to Christ.

This is how I see it.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Corinthians 3:17, ESV)

Anonymous

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 23 2005,10:21)
    This is todays scripture (on the homepage).

The Word 'Lord used here is 'kurios'. It means:
    Supreme in authority, God, Lord, master.

Are the following 2 answers correct?

What is the Lord? He is the Spirit.
    Who is the Lord? He is the Father.

Hey t8,
    Doesn't Paul use the title 'Lord' to designate Jesus? Thats my understanding.

trettep
    Participant

The term Lord is applicable to both the Son and the Father because they are both the members of the Godhead at this time.

Paul

Proclaimer
    Participant

The term Lord is applicable to those who have authority. For there are many lords, but for us there is one Lord the Lord Jesus Christ. Likewise there are many gods, but for us there is one God the Father who is over all (even Christ).

There are landlords (authority over the land you live on) warlords even in the royal family of England there are lords.

Yes God is a lord. What kind of lord is he? He is the Lord God.
    Jesus is a lord. What kind of lord is he? He is the Lord of God's creation.

Simarly we see that the Pharoah made Joseph, Lord over his kingdom, but he was still subject to the Pharoah himself.

trettep
    Participant

Yes, I would say those are all valid points.

Paul

trettep
    Participant

No the Holy Spirit is not a person in the sense of another part of the Godhead.

You each have a spirit inside you that comprises you – its your being.  Its your character which comprises your thoughts and emotions.  The Holy Spirit is the same but for the Father in Heaven.  When mankind has children he imparts his spirit into his offspring.  The Father in Heaven does the same that is why Jesus Christ has the same Holy Spirit and so do those that are born again.

So having the Spirit of God is the Father's character imparted to one.  They can grasp and learn the things of the Father in Heaven.

1Co 2:11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

The Holy Spirit is the Father's Spirit.

This is a very important thing to understand because if we don't know the Godhead and how its comprised we will certainly not understand the Gospel which is about the Kingdom (Family) of God.  The Family of God is the Godhead.

I truely hope that some lightbulbs went off in your thinking and that others will see this.

Also, keep this in mind – mankind didn't create reproduction – God did and it should be a guide to how God creates children also.

Paul

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account