The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,521 through 1,540 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    Phoenix
    Participant

Um… Like Nick says…

No suggestion there are several persons in God.
    Seems like something men made up to me

Hugs

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If the Spirit of God is a separate person from the Father
    then how can that Spirit unite Christ to God and us to Christ?

That is the plan of God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Some people expect supernatural manifestations as the only way the spirit of God functions.
    But the Spirit of God works through Spiritually transformed and submitted minds.
    The Will of God is confirmed in agreement as with David and Nathan.

2 Samuel 7
    1And it came to pass, when the king sat in his house, and the LORD had given him rest round about from all his enemies;

2That the king said unto Nathan the prophet, See now, I dwell in an house of cedar, but the ark of God dwelleth within curtains.

3And Nathan said to the king, Go, do all that is in thine heart; for the LORD is with thee.

4And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying,

5Go and tell my servant David, Thus saith the LORD, Shalt thou build me an house for me to dwell in?

6Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle.

7In all the places wherein I have walked with all the children of Israel spake I a word with any of the tribes of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people Israel, saying, Why build ye not me an house of cedar?

8Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel:

9And I was with thee whithersoever thou wentest, and have cut off all thine enemies out of thy sight, and have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth.

10Moreover I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime,

11And as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house.

12And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.”

Thus the Son of God was shown in light brushstrokes.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 19 2007,21:45)
    Tim[/quote]
    TimothyVI

Then why did “ALL” the major translators, over 500 Scholars leave it in?

Hi worshippingJesus,

They just haven't gotten to it yet.
    Why did it take them almost 2,000 years to finally
    remove the fraudulant 1Jn:5-7?

King James still won't do it. Once a doctrine is ingrained, it is very difficult to remove.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

What is your credentials that you should take Matt 28:19 out!

Hi WorshippingJesus,

My sincerest apologies to you.
    I did not realize that we needed to post our credentials
    to state our belief on this forum.

What I stated about Matt 28:19 was only what I have read that other scholars, you know, the ones that have the credentials, believe to be true. I can not take it out.

I am not a man of many theological letters, I am merely an engineer. If I remember correctly, Jesus was a carpenter, that hung around with some fishermen and tentmakers.

Peace to you,

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Ps 139
    “7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?”

Do these two sentences say the same thing?
    Is God present by His Spirit or is the spirit another person?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Acts 17
    ” 24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. “

Is the God that is near to all in heaven?
    Yes He is near to all by His Spirit.

Gen 1
    '1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Gen 6
    “1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.”

Was this a trinity godhead speaking of how one person would feel about striving with man?
    Such foreign concepts do not deserve serious consideration when discussing scripture.
    But this deception has been orthodoxy for 1800 years and has become fossilised.

All the plants the Father did not plant will be pulled out so better not to cherish them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    When God gives of His own holy Spirit he gives of Himself and unites Himself to those to whom he gives that Spirit. He gives but never loses that Spirit.

John 3:34
    For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
    John 3:27
    John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

John 3:35
    The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 4:10
    Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

John 5:26
    For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

John 5:27
    And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 5:36
    But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 6:39
    And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 7:39
    (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 13:3
    Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

John 17:2
    As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Acts 5:32
    And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Acts 8:18
    And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

Romans 5:5
    And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 12:6
    Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

1 Corinthians 2:12
    Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

2 Corinthians 1:22
    Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,

Psalm 51:11
    Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

So the presence of God with us is manifested through the Comforter, the Holy Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The return of the King reminds Israel of their God and the work of His Holy spirit among them. They look on the one they have pierced and repent in dust and ashes.

Is 63
    1Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.

2Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat?

3I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

4For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

5And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

6And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.

7I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.

8For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

9In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

10But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

11Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

12That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

13That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that they should not stumble?

14As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

15Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of thy holiness and of thy glory: where is thy zeal and thy strength, the sounding of thy bowels and of thy mercies toward me? are they restrained?

16Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

17O LORD, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.

18The people of thy holiness have possessed it but a little while: our adversaries have trodden down thy sanctuary.

19We are thine: thou never barest rule over them; they were not called by thy name.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1Thess 4
    ” 6That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

7For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

8He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

9But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. '

God gave us HIS Holy Spirit.
    The Holy Spirit is HIS spirit.

Not another person-that is a silly idea and belongs to the minds of those who do not know God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is 61
    ” 1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; “

Written by Isiaiah about Jesus 500 years before his birth.
    Confirmed by Jesus as relating to him when he spoke in the synagogue.
    The Spirit of the Holy God, his God and Father was his anointing as messiah.

No third person nonsense

Quote (TimothyVI @ Mar. 20 2007,23:40)

Hi WorshippingJesus,

What I stated about Matt 28:19 was only what I have read that other scholars, you know, the ones that have the credentials, believe to be true. I can not take it out.

I am not a man of many theological letters, I am merely an engineer. If I remember correctly, Jesus was a carpenter, that hung around with some fishermen and tentmakers.

Peace to you,

Tim

TimothyVI

All I was saying is if you contradict what is written, then you should be able to back it up with credable evidence.

If you cant do that then why contradict scriptures unless you are just wanting to be contentious.

And if you dont agree with the tranlsators that is fine, but if you want someone do believe you then they will want to know if you are a Greek or Hebrew scholar and why you contradict them.

And you alude to a claim about scholars believeing something to be true about Matt 28:18 but show no quotes, evidence or anything. ???

BTW All this so called false humility running around here could make an honest man sick.

:(

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 20 2007,01:00)
    Um… Like Nick says…

No suggestion there are several persons in God.
    Seems like something men made up to me

Hugs

P

Its good to see NH and t8 has all their followers here!

That warms my heart.

Quote (TimothyVI @ Mar. 20 2007,23:31)

Tim

TimothyVI

Then why did “ALL” the major translators, over 500 Scholars leave it in?

Hi worshippingJesus,

They just haven't gotten to it yet.
    Why did it take them almost 2,000 years to finally
    remove the fraudulant 1Jn:5-7?

King James still won't do it. Once a doctrine is ingrained, it is very difficult to remove.

Tim

TimothyVI

Yes no doubt there will be men to try to take it out.

But Matt 28:19  is found in all the major manuscripts.

You are also right, once the Word of God becomes a part of a man, he becomes immoveable because he stands on a rock.

Its also true once men swallows the lies of satan and accepts another Jesus its hard to change them.

Pss 18:36
    Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

Heb 2:1
    Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

Heb 12:
    28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
    29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Who is this God we serve?

Many claim to follow this God by serving and bowing down to Jesus.

Question is what Jesus do they serve?  ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Good question!

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 22 2007,06:04)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Mar. 20 2007,23:40)

Hi WorshippingJesus,

Peace to you,

Tim

TimothyVI

All I was saying is if you contradict what is written, then you should be able to back it up with credable evidence.

If you cant do that then why contradict scriptures unless you are just wanting to be contentious.

And if you dont agree with the tranlsators that is fine, but if you want someone do believe you then they will want to know if you are a Greek or Hebrew scholar and why you contradict them.

And you alude to a claim about scholars believeing something to be true about Matt 28:18 but show no quotes, evidence or anything. ???

BTW All this so called false humility running around here could make an honest man sick.

Hi WorshippingJesus,

You asked what my credentials were, I replied that I had none. And that so called false humility could make an honest man sick.

Well, if that is considered false humility to you, and you consider yourself an honest man, I will do you the honor of never again replying to any of your questions.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    As W points out the Spirit is ONE.
    But that precludes the Spirit from being a person of course.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    From the Biblical unitarian site

“As Biblical Unitarians we believe in one God, the Father, and one Lord, Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 8:6, Eph. 4:5, 6). The “Holy Spirit” is another name for God our father and the “gift of holy spirit” is God’s gift to every Christian the moment of his / her new birth as a Christian.”

So for them there are two.
    The Holy Spirit.
    and
    “the gift of holy spirit”

I would have thought there was one Spirit of God, the God who gives the gifts of the Holy Spirit to members of the body of Christ as befitting their appointed role in that body.[1Cor 12]

Viewing 20 posts - 1,521 through 1,540 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account