The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Quote (charity @ Mar. 15 2007,08:31)
    What is the one thing we are asked and have to have renewed?
    What Part of God are we going have when are transformed so we are His Image?

One Mind

Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind [and] one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Transforming
    Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.
    Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Hi Charity

Good scriptures.

We could all use a lot of that!

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Would you please discern for us the difference between The Spirit of God and the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ if you insist again that God is three persons and one of them is the Holy Spirit.

If there is a difference then can you tell us when scripture refers to THE SPIRIT which aspect of Spirit is being referred to as for example in Rom 8.

Do three persons share ONE SPIRIT or are three spirits united AS ONE?

Is the Spirit of God not HOLY?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 13 2007,23:31)

Jesus, the monogenes Son of God agreed to obey God and come into the world to die at the hands of puny men so that God's Spirit in him could have the victory.

NH

Please give me a scripture where it says the Monogenes Son was the Monogenes Son before the incarnation, before he was born a Son!

You are the One that always wants to point out speculation and inferrence, so are you practicing what you preach? ???

Hi W,
    Rom 8
    “1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: “

1 jn 4
    ” 9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Note that as with the vineyard owner the MONOGENES SON WAS SENT INTO THE WORLD. Thus he was a son before he was sent.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    There are scriptures that show both the Father and Jesus have souls.
    Does the “person”of the Holy Spirit of God have a soul or is the Spirit of God actually the spirit of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    From another thread.
    “Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2007,07:30)
    Hi W,
    You say God does not have a spirit.
    What is God speaking of when he speaks of HIS SPIRIT?

Genesis 6:3
    Then the LORD said, ” My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

NH

He is speaking of his own Spirit!”

So the Holy Spirit of God is God's own spirit.

charity
    Participant

???

Mingled perverse spirit causing drunkenness, Lacking alertness from adding precept to precept falling backwards

God’s spirit cannot dwell with the spirit of the antichrist?

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Yet all have breath in them to live by portion of God, and then our spirit by choice adopts us to either father
    Why Satan is even compared as a father against God??
    He has created nothing of himself, but has sown THE CREATORS crop, AND is named the father of lies
    We are seed sown of either Father Lies or truth
    And  of the seed planted in Christ it is that of the father David Faithful and true, Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
    This should be the two father seed comparison?
    From a father is A Son quickened
    The throne of covenant to be built up to seed all generations

To add precept unto precept,
    By taking each thought captive to the will of God.

See if you can do this for just one post;
    your reward maybe receiving the Holy ghost?

as IN Soberness of mind, the transformation location is in the Mind;

Isa 19:14 The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken [man] staggereth in his vomit.

Isa 28:9 ¶ Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? [them that are] weaned from the milk, [and] drawn from the breasts.
    Isa 28:10  For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little:
    Isa 28:11 ¶ For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
    Isa 28:12  To whom he said, This [is] the rest [wherewith] ye may cause the weary to rest; and this [is] the refreshing: “yet they would not hear.”

To whom he said,
    Hbr 4:7  Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
    Hbr 4:8  For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

In rejection of the seed of David
    Isa 28:13  But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
    Isa 28:14 ¶ Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which [is] in Jerusalem.
    law of Moses
    Isa 28:15  Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
    David’s covenant the foundation
    Isa 28:16 ¶ Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner [stone], a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

???

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,21:40)
    Hi W,
    From another thread.
    Hi W,

Then the LORD said, ” My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

NH

NH

Are you just wanting to be contentious?

When you talk about your own Spirit does that mean you have more than “ONE” Spirit?

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The sons of God have a human spirit and the Spirit of God within them.
    Rom 8
    “16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: “

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 16 2007,18:20)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2007,21:40)
    Hi W,
    From another thread.
    Hi W,

NH

NH

Are you just wanting to be contentious?

When you talk about your own Spirit does that mean you have more than “ONE” Spirit?

:O

NH

You cant give a straight answer to any question can you?

???

Cult Buster
    Participant

Worshipping Jesus

NH

WJ. It is easy to give a straight answer when you have the light of truth.

You can understand why they dance around the truth, ducking, weaving, twisting, distorting, squirming and perverting scripture.

2 Thessalonians 2:10   And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  
     2:11   And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  
     2:12   That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  
     2:13   But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:  

:O :O :O

Cult Buster
    Participant

God the Holy Ghost dwells in you.    Comparisons.

Compare

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God , and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

With

1Co 6:19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Compare

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

With

2Co 6:16  And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Compare

1Co 12:11  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every manseverally as he will.

With

1Co 12:28  And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

It is quite ridiculous really to say that the Holy Spirit is just the spiritual presence of the Father or the Son or of both. At the baptism of Jesus the Three were manifested there. The Father spoke from heaven, Jesus was in the water being baptized, and the Holy Spirit came down upon Jesus like a dove. The Father and Jesus needed no spiritual presence of any third party.

Remember too the baptismal formula Jesus gave at Matthew 28:19 – “baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Blind Freddy can surely see that there are Three Persons in the Heavenly Trio.

:O  :O  :O

Quote (Cult Buster @ Mar. 17 2007,03:11)
    Worshipping Jesus

NH

WJ. It is easy to give a straight answer when you have the light of truth.

You can understand why they dance around the truth, ducking, weaving, twisting, distorting, squirming and perverting scripture.

2 Thessalonians 2:10   And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  
     2:11   And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  
     2:12   That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  
     2:13   But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:  

:O :O :O

CB

Yes. It can be a real trial sometimes!

Blessings :)

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Mar. 17 2007,03:38)
                       God the Holy Ghost dwells in Remember too the baptismal formula Jesus gave at Matthew 28:19 – “baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Blind Freddy can surely see that there are Three Persons in the Heavenly Trio.

Hi CB,

It is commonly recognized by many biblical scholars that
    Mat 28:19 was an addition by the Catholic church to bolster their trinity doctrine. Much like 1JN 5-7 which has subsequently been removed from most later versions of the bible, except for the KJ version.

If Jesus commanded his desciples to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, why would every one of them disobey Him? Read through Acts.

Act 2:38
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

Act 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Act 8:16
    (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

Act 10:48
    And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 19:5
    When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Every desciple baptized in the name of Jesus, as He commanded. Never once would they baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Would they have had the nerve to totally disobey what Jesus had told them to do?

Tim

Cult Buster
    Participant

Timothy VI

Hi CB,

Mat 28:19 was an addition by the Catholic church to bolster their trinity doctrine.

Tim

It was 1John5:7 that was incorrectly added which is why I don't use it.

Matt 28:19 is scripture.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

If Jesus commanded his desciples to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, why would every one of them disobey Him? Read through Acts.

Col 2:9  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

See how scripture proves that the Holy Ghost is Jehovah.

JEHOVAH The Holy Spirit

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Conclusion.      The Holy Ghost = JEHOVAH

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Conclusion.      The Holy Ghost = God

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Conclusion.      The Holy Ghost = Lord

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
    2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Conclusion.      The Holy Ghost = The God of Israel

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Yet men teach the Spirit of God is another person.

Quote (TimothyVI @ Mar. 17 2007,13:20)

Quote (Cult Buster @ Mar. 17 2007,03:38)
                       God the Holy Ghost dwells in Remember too the baptismal formula Jesus gave at Matthew 28:19 – “baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Blind Freddy can surely see that there are Three Persons in the Heavenly Trio.

Hi CB,

Mat 28:19 was an addition by the Catholic church to bolster their trinity doctrine. Much like 1JN 5-7 which has subsequently been removed from most later versions of the bible, except for the KJ version.

Act 2:38
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

Act 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Act 8:16
    (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

Act 10:48
    And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 19:5
    When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Every desciple baptized in the name of Jesus, as He commanded. Never once would they baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Would they have had the nerve to totally disobey what Jesus had told them to do?

Tim

TimothyVI

Then why did “ALL” the major translators, over 500 Scholars leave it in?

What is your credentials that you should take Matt 28:19 out!

The desciples understood that Jesus said all power (vrs18)
    was given to Jesus and that his name was the name which is above all names and whereby men must be saved!

Father,Son and Holy Spirit are One in the Name of Jesus.

Jesus said he was one with the Father, and he also said he would send the Holy Spirit which is also one with the Father.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2007,20:52)
    Hi CB,
    Yet men teach the Spirit of God is another person.

NH

They are “ONE SPIRIT”! Three persons! ONE God!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    I cannot find the particular verse that says this.
    God is One is there.
    No suggestion there are several persons in God.
    Seems like something men made up to me.

Phoenix
    Participant

Was it this one?

Deut 6:4
    4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. [a]

Footnotes:

Deuteronomy 6:4 Or The LORD our God is one LORD; or The LORD is our God, the LORD is one ; or The LORD is our God, the LORD alone

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 20 2007,00:35)
    Was it this one?

Deut 6:4
    4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. [a]

Footnotes:

Deuteronomy 6:4 Or The LORD our God is one LORD; or The LORD is our God, the LORD is one ; or The LORD is our God, the LORD alone

Phoenix

Thats it!

And its amazing how so many walk around talking about being faithful and serving this One God, while at the same time they bow down and serve a man calling him Lord and Master.

Whats up with that?

???

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account