The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,381 through 1,400 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,19:39)
    Hi w,
    Who added the IF
    “Yes NH Jesus says if you believe in God believe also in me, all in the same breath!”

ALSO.

TWO

NH

That makes it even Better.

No “Ifs” about it.

All in the same breath…

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “And he wasnt a Son untill he came in the flesh”
    You have just denied the trinity.
    If God is a trinity Scripture says Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
    Which to you is not the Father but another person.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,20:10)
    Hi W,
    You say
    “And he wasnt a Son untill he came in the flesh”
    You have just denied the trinity.

NH

No! He was the Word/God in the flesh!

His body was concieved by the Holy Spirit, and Jesus the Word entered that Body and was born!

You say…

So you agree then that the Spirit is God?

:) Three persons, One Spirit, One God!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus.
    You do believe in three persons in one God do you not?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,20:49)
    Hi W,

NH

Absolutly NH!

God the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary and brought conception to the Body of of the Word and Jesus was born the Son of God!

Why is this so hard for you?

Its because you try to fit the scriptures into an Arian view!

God is plural NH. It is written!

Believe his word!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,20:49)
    Hi W,

NH

If you dont believe the Holy Spirit is God, then how can he be the Father of the born Son of God?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So if there are three persons in God the Father is not the father of Jesus but another person is?

20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,21:03)
    Hi W,
    So if there are three persons in God the Father is not the father of Jesus but another person is?

20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

NH

You are the One who dosnt believe the Spirit is God!

Why do you try to make it look like I dont believe that Gods Spirit the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary?

Is the Spirit God NH?

Why do you not answer? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So are there not three persons in your God?
    Which person is the father of Jesus according to scripture?

Question for the Arian followers, (those who do not have a Trinitarian view).

How do you reconcile the folowing scriptures from an Arian view?

Rom 8:
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1 Cor 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2 Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Cor 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 2:18
    For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 4:4
    There is one body, and ONE Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

2 Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord(Kurios) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord(Kurios) is, there is liberty.

2 Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus (Yeshua)Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

When someone accepts Jesus into their heart does the Spirit of Christ or God or the Comforter come to live in them?

And are the three One Spirit?

Blessings!  :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,21:32)
    Hi W,

NH

My God is the Father,The Son and Holy Spirit!

So it is written NH!

You should believe “all” the scriptures, not just a select few!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So God the Father is not the father of Jesus?
    So God the Father is not your new father either but a trinity is?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Rom 8
    ” 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

So your spirit does not call out to our ABBA FATHER but a trinity?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,21:48)
    Hi W,
    Rom 8
    ” 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

So your spirit does not call out to our ABBA FATHER but a trinity?

NH

Yes the Spirit which is in me the Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of Christ which is the Spirit of God crys out Abba Father just like the verses say!

One Spirit, NH, Three persons! One God!

Tell Me NH is it the Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit or Jesus who lives in you?

???

You can have the last word, I am tired of you little musical chairs game!

You are the One who does not believe that the Spirit of God is God!

Yet you try to throw up these smoke screens!

Scripture NH. Believe them all!

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    So which person in your triune God is the father of Jesus?

Where does scripture say that God has three persons in Him anyway?

Perhaps if you stuck to what scripture says these little conundrums would never arise?

Perhaps you should abide in the Word as Jesus commanded.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 12 2007,21:32)
    Question for the Arian followers, (those who do not have a Trinitarian view).

How do you reconcile the folowing scriptures from an Arian view?

Rom 8:
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1 Cor 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2 Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Cor 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 2:18
    For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 4:4
    There is one body, and ONE Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

2 Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord(Kurios) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord(Kurios) is, there is liberty.

2 Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus (Yeshua)Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

When someone accepts Jesus into their heart does the Spirit of Christ or God or the Comforter come to live in them?

And are the three One Spirit?

Blessings!  :)

To be honest, I don't think you can reconcile this sample of passages outside of a trinitarian framework of understanding.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Why on earth do you believe that these verses need trinity glasses to be understood?

Participant

For all the reasons you have been given (and they are good reasons).

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2007,10:46)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    God's spirit filled the Son and in the Son is called the Spirit of Christ.

Otherwise Rom 8 .9 makes no sense in the sequential context, between the first part of the verse, which is naturally correlated to the second in they have the same meaning.  

“9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. “

The Spirit of God helps us communicate with God being always in communication with God and by helping us by giving us the language to speak with God with.

While I wait for t8 to give his understanding of this verse I'll give you my reply….

Let me see if I have read this correctly….although Paul wrote “God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts” he didn't really mean the actual Spirit of the Son, but rather the Father's personal Spirit….and in reality it was the Father's Spirit that cries “Abba! Father!” to the Father?!?

I'm sorry, but I find this an utterly ridiculous interpretation of Galatians 4:6.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,381 through 1,400 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account