The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 10 2007,18:39)
    Hi W,
    Simple.
    There is one Spirit.

Persons have a spirit.
    Jesus had a spirit that lsft him at calvary.
    Does the Holy Spirit have a spirit?

Nh

God is a Spirit. Does he have a Spirit?

So you say there is One Spirit, and you call it the “Spirit of God” and the “Spirit of Christ” and the “Holy Spirit”.

Is the Spirit of Christ the Spirit of God?

:)

Hi W,
    Simple.
    There is one Spirit.

Persons have a spirit.

NH

If Jesus had a Spirit that left him at calvary. Then how did he go into hell for three days?

1 Peter 3:
    19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
    20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
    21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
    22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Phoenix
    Participant

hmmm interesting :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 11 2007,08:02)

Hi W,
    Simple.
    There is one Spirit.

Persons have a spirit.

NH

If Jesus had a Spirit that left him at calvary. Then how did he go into hell for three days?

1 Peter 3:
    20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
    21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
    22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Hi W,
    Jesus was a normal man.
    Every man is body/soul /spirit.
    1Thess 5
    ' 23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. '

The spirit of every man goes back to God at death.

Eccl 12
    ” 7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it”

Jesus spirit left at his death.

Matt 27
    “50Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. “

Men go to sheol/hades after their human spirit leaves.See Lk 16

1 Samuel 2:6
    ” The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to Sheol and raises up.
    Job 21:13
    “They spend their days in prosperity,And suddenly they go down to Sheol.

The Spirit of God is a gift and does not leave even at death.
    1Peter said Jesus came alive in the Spirit. Hades could not hold him just as the gates of hell cannot hold the followers of Christ.
    Acts 2
    ” 25For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I have pasted this post from Is 1.18 here
    “Well t8, let's see if your view holds up to scrutiny. We can look at some of the verses dealing with the Spirit and see if your “truth” fits the scriptures. You hold that the Holy Spirit is the Father's personal spirit, right?”
    Yes.
    The Holy Spirit is the amazing and unique Spirit of God.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Okay, lets start with this one. How do you explain this verse from that perspective?:

Galatians 4:6
    6Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    God's spirit filled the Son and in the Son is called the Spirit of Christ.

Otherwise Rom 8 .9 makes no sense in the sequential context, between the first part of the verse, which is naturally correlated to the second in they have the same meaning.  

“9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. “

The Spirit of God helps us communicate with God being always in communication with God and by helping us by giving us the language to speak with God with.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2007,09:46)
    Hi Is 1.18,

Otherwise Rom 8 .9 makes no sense in the sequential context, between the first part of the verse, which is naturally correlated to the second in they have the same meaning.  

“9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. “

The Spirit of God helps us communicate with God being always in communication with God and by helping us by giving us the language to speak with God with.

I thought t8 was going to be giving his defense.

t8, do you agree with this? Or do you have another explanation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1Cor 2
    10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

These few verses confirm that:

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God
    The Spirit is never separate from God.
    The spirit of a man knows the heart of the man.
    Thje Spirit of God knows the heart of God and we in Christ have been given access to that understanding.

The relationship between man and his spirit
    is exactly the same
    as that between God and His Holy Spirit.

So if the Spirit of God is a separate person in God
    then
    Our spirit in us is a separate person too

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of God has different abilities from our spirit.
    God is in heaven but manifests and works by His spirit.

Gen 1
    1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    Ps 139
    ” 7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

And God is able to pour out and share His Spirit which unites those who partake to Him.

Jl 2
    28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God speaks through His prophets.
    Acts 3:21
    Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
    Amos 3:7
    Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

How?

By His holy Spirit.

Numbers 11:29
    And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!

The Spirit is not another person in God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was a prophet.
    Acts 3
    “22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”
    His prophetic gift was one of the manifestations of the Spirit of God in him and he manifested them all.

1Cor 12
    ” 7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

He was filled with the fullness of deity. God was in him.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2007,09:19)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 11 2007,08:02)

Hi W,
    Simple.
    There is one Spirit.

Persons have a spirit.

NH

1 Peter 3:

Hi W,
    Jesus was a normal man.
    Every man is body/soul /spirit.
    1Thess 5
    ' 23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. '

The spirit of every man goes back to God at death.

Eccl 12
    ” 7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it”

Jesus spirit left at his death.

Matt 27
    “50Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. “

Men go to sheol/hades after their human spirit leaves.See Lk 16

1 Samuel 2:6
    ” The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to Sheol and raises up.
    Job 21:13
    “They spend their days in prosperity,And suddenly they go down to Sheol.

The Spirit of God is a gift and does not leave even at death.
    1Peter said Jesus came alive in the Spirit. Hades could not hold him just as the gates of hell cannot hold the followers of Christ.
    Acts 2
    ” 25For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

NH

The Problem with your analogy here is that Jesus is “The ressurection and the Life”

His Spirit which is the Word/God that came from heaven is and was “Eternal”. Eternal Life can not die, Hence the term!

What died was his body. The Ghost that he gave up was the Life that he laid down in his Body the flesh.

Jn 10:
    17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
    18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again, This commandment have I received of my Father.

Jn 2:19
    Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

If Jesus Spirit died then how would he raise his temple up?

Lev 17:11
    For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

You see NH it was the offering up of Jesus natural life his Body by spilling his Blood, (life) that satisfied the Fathers demand for the attonement of sin and reconciliation!

Heb 10:
    4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
    5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
    6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
    7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

It was only the Body and the blood of God that could redeem us,(the word made flesh).

This is why he says…

Isa 43:11
    I, even I, am the LORD; “and beside me there is no saviour.”

Isa 45:21
    Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

The Eternal Spirit, Jesus yielded up the Ghost(breath) that was in his body(blood) as a result of him the Spirit living in  that Body.

Then Jesus the Eternal Spirit leaves that body and descends into hades.

Jam 2:26
    For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

What did it mean for Christ to have the keys of hell and of DEATH?

It meant that death had **No power over him!**

Arian followers…

Who but God the creator can raise ones self from the dead?

Why do you think many graves were opened at his natural death?

This is why when Thomas saw him that he said…

“My Lord and my God”. He remembered the words of Jesus that he would raise up his own temple again!

And yet we read that God raised him up!

Sounds like a parodox dosnt it?

Not when you know that The Father, Sod and Holy Spirit is God, and that Jesus is the Lord from heaven!

Psa 110:1
    The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Heb 1:13
    But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Heb 1:8
    But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Throw away the lies and believe the word!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God did not die.
    God cannot die.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 11 2007,10:46)
    Hi Is 1.18,

NH

Look again there is One Spirit!

The Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God is one Spirit NH!

2 Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Jesus is God, One with the Father and the Spirit!

Three persons, One Spirit, One God!

It is written!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,18:36)
    Hi W,
    God did not die.
    God cannot die.

NH

Show me where I said God died!

I said his body died!

Read it carefully NH!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So Christ was eternally one spirit with God and not anointed with the Holy Spirit?

Acts 10
    38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

If so then he never was a son with life in himself at all and scripture is multiply broken.

Jn 14
    ” 1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. “

Surely only faith in a trinity god is enough?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 12 2007,19:07)
    Hi W,
    So Christ was eternally one spirit with God and not anointed with the Holy Spirit?

Acts 10
    38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

If so then he never was a son with life in himself at all and scripture is multiply broken.

Jn 14

Surely only faith in a trinity god is enough?

NH

Tell me NH.

If God is a Spirit and his Spirit is One, then how did he annoint Jesus with his Spirit as a dove resting upon him, while the voice from heaven said “this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased”?  ???

You say…

The scripture you speak of in its context is his natural life of which I have shown you he had the power to lay it down and to take it up!

There is no scripture to show the Word/God had a beginning!

And he wasnt a Son untill he came in the flesh!

You quote…

Jn 14

Yes NH Jesus says if you believe in God believe also in me, all in the same breath!

The Lord from heaven says believe in him.

Now as a Son of God do you tell others to believe in you?

There is only One God NH and we are to believe and trust in that One God who is also our only Saviour!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You ask
    “Tell me NH.

If God is a Spirit and his Spirit is One, then how did he annoint Jesus with his Spirit as a dove resting upon him, while the voice from heaven said “this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased”?

Put off your trinity glasses and you will see the Son of God being anointed by God with God's own Spirit.
    Truth is stronger.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Who added the IF
    “Yes NH Jesus says if you believe in God believe also in me, all in the same breath!”

ALSO.

TWO

Viewing 20 posts - 1,361 through 1,380 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account