The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,341 through 1,360 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi boh,
    I cannot see anywhere written there that the Holy Spirit is a person.
    Are we allowed to just decide these things by deduction if they are not written??

kenrch
    Participant

Ummmm…So if we lie to the Holy Spirit we lie to God through the Spirit? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

yessir

david
    Participant

USED IN PARALLEL WITH QUALITIES AND OTHER IMPERSONAL THINGS
    Notice the way the holy spirit is used in association with other impersonal things. You can be filled with it, along with such qualities as wisdom and faith or joy and at 2 Corinthians 6:6, we see that holy spirit is inserted, or sandwiched in, with a number of such qualities.
    2 CORINTHIANS 6:6
    “by purity, by knowledge, by long-suffering, by kindness, by holy spirit, by love free from hypocrisy,”
    ACTS 13:52
    “And the disciples continued to be filled with joy and holy spirit.” (Compare Rom 14:17)
    ACTS 6:3
    “So, brothers, search out for yourselves seven certified men from among YOU, full of spirit and wisdom, that we may appoint them over this necessary business;”
    ACTS 6:5
    “And the thing spoken was pleasing to the whole multitude, and they selected Stephen, a man full of faith and holy spirit. . . ”
    1 THESSALONIANS 1:5
    “because the good news we preach did not turn up among YOU with speech alone but also with power and with holy spirit and strong conviction, just as YOU know what sort of men we became to YOU for YOUR sakes;”
    ACTS 11:24
    “for he was a good man and full of holy spirit and of faith. . . ..”
    ACTS 10:38
    “namely, Jesus who was from Naźa·reth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land . . . “

MATTHEW 3:11
    “I, for my part, baptize YOU with water because of YOUR repentance; but the one coming after me is stronger than I am, whose sandals I am not fit to take off. That one will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire.” (Compare Luke 3:16, Mark 1:8)
    HOLY SPIRIT BEARS WITNESS, AND SO DO BLOOD AND WATER
    As to the spirit’s ‘bearing witness’ (Ac 5:32; 20:23), it may be noted that the same thing is said of the water and the blood at 1 John 5:6-8.
    1 JOHN 5:6-8
    “This is he that came by means of water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood. And the spirit is that which is bearing witness, because the spirit is the truth. For there are three witness bearers, the spirit and the water and the blood, and the three are in agreement.” (How can blood and water be in agreement with each other if they are not persons? I guess that’s more personification.)
    Lumping the holy spirit in with these impersonal things indicates a lack of personality.

“SOMETHING, NOT SOMEONE”–CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA ADMITS
    Even though Catholics view the holy spirit as part of the trinity, New Catholic Encyclopedia Encyclopedia must admit: “The majority of N[ew] T[estament] texts reveal God’s spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God.” (1967, Vol. XIII, p. 575) It also reports: “The Apologists [Greek Christian writers of the second century] spoke too haltingly of the Spirit; with a measure of anticipation, one might say too impersonally.”—Vol. XIV, p. 296.

kenrch
    Participant

But the HOLY Spirit is part of God:

1Th 4:8  Therefore he that rejecteth, rejecteth not man, but God, who giveth “HIS” Holy Spirit unto you.  This is the only scripture I could find ( (in the new testament ) that says HIS Holy Spirit.  All others say THE Holy Spirit! Ummmmmmm

Heb 3:7  Wherefore, even as the Holy Spirit saith, To-day if ye shall hear his voice,  
    Here the Holy Spirit “saith”.  Why doesn't the scripture just say the Lord saith?  Ummmmmmmmmm  Hear His voice through the Holy Spirit Ummmmmmmmm

So MY spirit is just MY power?  My life force?  Ummmmmmm

Ok so Jesus is full of God's power which means He is no part God? Ummmmmmmmmm

I have always said that God is two persons in one Spirit.  The Father has anointed Jesus God.  Therefore God your God…..

Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he shall guide you into all the truth:   “for he shall not speak from himself”;     but what things soever he shall hear, these shall he speak: and he shall declare unto you the things that are to come.

The Holy spirit never does anything of himself, does he?

Luk 10:21  In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou didst hide these things from the wise and understanding, and didst reveal them unto babes: yea, Father; for so it was well-pleasing in thy sight.

When the Holy Spirit was upon Jesus He began speaking to the Father.

God is SPIRIT.  

Joh 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

God Spirit being has a Spirit?   GOD all in ALL!  All in all through the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit IS God's life force.  Without the eternal life force then God would not exist?  Without your spirit you would not exist. Ummmmmmm

So the Holy Spirit is more that just a thing it is the very life of God.  

GOD ALL IN ALL BY THE VERY LIFE OF GOD.  Therefore we His children are part of the Father having HIS LIFE SPIRIT!

To say that the Holy Spirit is like a raido signal sent from God I don't believe is quite right.  The Holy Spirit is GOD.  Without the Spirit God would not exist.  GOD IS A SPIRIT, John 4:24.

There are no other Spirits of God mentioned are their?  Does God have two Holy Spirits?

God= Spirit the life of God.  Jesus is full of the life (Spirit) of God.  We have a down payment of the Spirit that is a small amount.

To down play the Spirit is dangerous.  Blaspheme against the Holy Spirit will NOT be forgiven!  God is Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is the life force of the Father.  So blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is to say God doesn't exist  GOD FORBID!

by holy spirit, by love 2 Cor6:6
    with joy and holy spirit.” Acts 13:52
    full of spirit and wisdom  Acts 6:3
    full of faith and holy spirit. . . ” Acts 6:5
    power and with holy spirit  1 Thess 1:5
    the eternal Spirit  Heb. 9:14

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The Holy Spirit is not just power.  The Holy Spirit is love,wisdom, faith, joy, eternal and power.
    What happens when you receive the Holy Spirit?  Do you just receive power to be righteous.  We receive the fruits of the SPIRIT. The very life of God.  Just as your father gave you life.  When Mary was “overshadowed” by the Holy Spirit she received the LIFE of the Father.  God's DNA! Just think about that!

david
    Participant

1Th 4:8 Therefore he that rejecteth, rejecteth not man, but God, who giveth “HIS” Holy Spirit unto you. This is the only scripture I could find ( (in the new testament ) that says HIS Holy Spirit. All others say THE Holy Spirit! Ummmmmmm

Don't forget scriptures such as 1 cor 2:10:
    1 CORINTHIANS 2:10
    “For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God.”

The holy spirit is also often just called his “spirit.” Especially in the Hebrew scriptures.

Heb 3:7 Wherefore, even as the Holy Spirit saith, To-day if ye shall hear his voice,
    Here the Holy Spirit “saith”. Why doesn't the scripture just say the Lord saith? Ummmmmmmmmm Hear His voice through the Holy Spirit Ummmmmmmmm

What we do know is that sometimes, definitely, without question, when the Bible speaks of the holy spirit speaking, other scriptures make it crystal clear that it was speaking through someone, meaning that the one, such as David for example was full of holy spirit and was speaking

While some texts say that the spirit “spoke,” other passages make clear that this was done through angels or humans. (Mark 13:11; Luke 12: 12; Acts 1:16; Acts 4:24, 25; 28:25; Acts 13:2,9,10; Matt. 10:19, 20; compare Acts 20:23 with 21:10, 11.)

kenrch
    Participant

Hi David,

Doesn't this scripture say that the spirit is the Lord.

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Without your spirit you would not be alive. The spirit is the life. The Holy Spirit is the life of the Jehovah, He shares His life with us, that's why we are born again.

Jesus received the Life of God without measure. I believe that's all the confusion about Jesus being God. Jesus is not the Father but He has all the Fullness of the Father being FULL without measure the Spirit Life of Jehovah. That will be impossible for us, but we do receive (right now) some of God's life. When all things will be subject to Him, God will be all in all. How will God be all in all?

How are we His children? Just because He says so with power. I believe we are His children because we accept the Life Giving Spirit of God. How are you your father's son? Because you have part of your father in you. The children of God have part of Jehovah in them. Amen!

Jesus the only begotten Son. Only Jesus has the fullness of the Father. What does that make Jesus? God's Son; is He the Father~NO~ He is completely LIKE the Father being born of the Father.

david
    Participant

Hi David,

I am greatly confused over the confusion of this scripture.
    You ask: “Doesn't this scripture say that the spirit is the Lord.

First, it says: “the lord is the spirit.” Similar to: JOHN 4:24: “God is a Spirit,
    We can understand this. Jehovah is a spirit or the spirit. The angels are spirit beings. Jehovah God “is the spirit.”
    Next it says: Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Remember, the word spirit is used for different things in the Bible.
    Now, if you were to take the word “spirit” here to mean the exact same thing in both places, it would mean this:
    The Lord = the spirit.
    Where the spirit [the lord] of the lord is, there is freedom.

Doesn't make sense.
    The second use of the word spirit here, is referring to Jehovah's spirit, his holy spirit and not Jehovah as a spirit.

Where Jehovah's holy spirit is in action, there is freedom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    It does make sense.
    In context;

2Cor 3
    ” 12Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

13And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

14But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

Truth was revealed to men only through the action of the one who took away the confusion from scripture, Christ. Now that Christ is in heaven his Spirit continues that same work of clarification for us destroying the bonds of confusion and bringing the freedom of the light of Christ to men.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 02 2007,07:49)

Hi David,

2Co 3:17  Now the Lord is the Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

I am greatly confused over the confusion of this scripture.
    You ask: “Doesn't this scripture say that the spirit is the Lord.

First, it says: “the lord is the spirit.”  Similar to: JOHN 4:24: “God is a Spirit,
    We can understand this.  Jehovah is a spirit or the spirit.  The angels are spirit beings.  Jehovah God “is the spirit.”
    Next it says: Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  

Remember, the word spirit is used for different things in the Bible.
    Now, if you were to take the word “spirit” here to mean the exact same thing in both places, it would mean this:
    The Lord = the spirit.
    Where the spirit [the lord] of the lord is, there is freedom.

Doesn't make sense.
    The second use of the word spirit here, is referring to Jehovah's spirit, his holy spirit and not Jehovah as a spirit.

Where Jehovah's holy spirit is in action, there is freedom.

Now the Lord is life (Spirit) and where the life (Spirit) of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Once we accept Jesus we accept Life, we are no longer under death but have the HOLY Spirit.

1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting?

Participant

Hi All:

I believe that the following will clarify the scripture that states: “Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty”.

“Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ minintered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the Living God; not in tables of stone, but in flesy tables of the heart. And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.  But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?  For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory”.  (2 Co. 3:3-10)

I hope that this helps, God Bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

God is a spirit and there is only one Spirit, not 2.

John 4:24
    God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

So who is God?

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

There is one Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:9
    to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit,

1 Corinthians 12:13
    For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Ephesians 2:18
    For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4
    There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called—

So there is one Spirit and there is one God the Father and God is spirit.

Perhaps it is as easy as God is the Father and God is spirit.

In other words “God the Father” is who and “God is a spirit” is what.

Obviously God the Father is in Heaven and even outside his own creation, but he dwells in all (that is good) by his spirit. That is perhaps how God can dwell in Heaven and yet be in all too.

2 Corinthians 3:17
    Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

kenrch
    Participant

“In other words “God the Father” is who and “God is a spirit” is what”.

And when we are born again we receive the Holy spirit. Know ye not that ye are the temple of GOD.

If you have the Spirit of God then you have GOD.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

If you are the temple of God and the Spirit of God dwells in you then the Spirit IS God.

Jesus (the only begotten SON of GOD) has the Spirit of God without measure. Jesus has the LIFE of God. That's why Jesus said when you see me you have seen the Father.
    We too have the Spirit of God the life of the Father through Jesus. That's what makes us children. Again, you are your Father's child because you have some of your father in you.

God all in all! Amen

Cult Buster
    Participant

30 Personal Attributes of the Holy Spirit in the JW's NWT

1) Helps: Jn 14:16,26, 15:26, 16:7, Rom 8:26, 1 Jn 2:1.
    2) Glorifies: Jn 16:13-14.
    3) Can be Known: Jn 14:17.
    4) Gives Abilities: Acts 2:4, 1 Cor 12:7-11.
    5) Referred to as “He”: Jn 16:13; cf. 16:7-8.
    6) Loves: Rom 15:30.
    7) Guides: Jn 16:13.
    8) Comforts: Acts 9:31.
    9) Teaches: Lk 12:12, Jn 14:26.
    10) Reminds: Jn 14:26.
    11) Bears Witness: Jn 15:26, Acts 5:32, Rom 8:16.
    12) Has Impulses: Jn 16:13.
    13) Hears: Jn 16:13.
    14) Leads: Mt 4:1, Acts 8:39, Rom 8:14.
    15) Pleads: Rom 8:26-27.
    16) Longs (Yearns): Jas 4:5.
    17) Wills: 1 Cor 12:11.
    18) Thinks: Acts 15:25,28.
    19) Sends: Acts 13:4.
    20) Dispatches: Acts 10:20.
    21) Impels: Mk 1:12.
    22) Speaks: Jn 16:13-15, Acts 8:29, 10:19, 11:12, 13:2.
    23) Forbids: Acts 16:6-7.
    24) Appoints: Acts 20:28.
    25) Reveals: Lk 2:26, 1 Cor 2:10.
    26) Calls to Ministry: Acts 13:2.
    27) Can be Grieved: Eph 4:30; cf. Is 63:10.
    28) Can be Insulted: Heb 10:29.
    29) Can be Lied to: Acts 5:3-4.
    30) Can be Blasphemed: Mt 12:31-32.

Furthermore, the absurdity of the notion of the Holy Spirit as an “active force” is made very obvious by substituting this definition in verses from the NWT which themselves use “holy spirit”:

Jn 14:26  . . . the active force . . . will teach you all things . . .
    Acts 8:29  The active force said to Philip . . .
    Acts 13:4  . . . sent out by the active force . . .
    Acts 15:28  For the active force and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you.
    Acts 16:6  They were forbidden by the active force.
    1 Corinthians 2:10  The active force searches all things.
    2 Corinthians 3:17  Jehovah is the active force.
    Eph 4:30  Do not be grieving God's active force.

Cult Buster
    Participant

JEHOVAH The Holy Spirit

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
    2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

Cult Buster
    Participant

JEHOVAH The Holy Spirit

Compare
    Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD(JEHOVAH) I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    Jer 31:34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD (JEHOVAH): for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD (JEHOVAH)  : for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

With
    Heb 10:15  Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    Heb 10:16  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    Heb 10:17  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Compare
    Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
    Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
    Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

With
    Act 28:25  And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    Act 28:26  Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27  For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28  Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

2Sa 23:1  Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said,
    2Sa 23:2  The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

2Sa 23:3  The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cb,
    The Holy Spirit
    is
    The Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Question for the Arian followers, (those who do not have a Trinitarian view).

How do you reconcile the folowing scriptures from an Arian view?

Rom 8:
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1 Cor 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2 Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Cor 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 2:18
    For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 4:4
    There is one body, and ONE Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

2 Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord(Kurios) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord(Kurios) is, there is liberty.

2 Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus (Yeshua)Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

When someone accepts Jesus into their heart does the Spirit of Christ or God or the Comforter come to live in them?

And are the three One Spirit?

Blessings!  :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Simple.
    There is one Spirit.

Persons have a spirit.
    Jesus had a spirit that lsft him at calvary.
    Does the Holy Spirit have a spirit?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,341 through 1,360 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account