The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,321 through 1,340 (of 6,305 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    He is the resurrection in that all who rise in the first resurrection do so because of him, the firstborn of the dead.
    We join the assembly of the firstborn.

Hi charity,
    Christ was shown in glory on earth with Moses and Elijah [how were they known?-my guess is that Jesus told them later], so the living were likely brought from and returned to, the bosom of Abraham in earth. Abraham rejoiced to see the time of Jesus as he was among those who live, the men of old.
    Christ, the man from heaven, came down from heaven to be glorified again as shown in Dan 7, the same heaven to which he later ascended, and none others have done this.
    Christ called himself the Son of man and did never publicise his heavenly origins as son of God, perhaps to avoid being killed before the time.
    We do not know where the mansions of Christ are for those that cannot be held by Hades because of the one with the key.

NH

And just why would they have killed him for saying he was the Son of God?
    ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Ask them. They seemed to believe it was a claim to equality with God but we know from Phil 2 that he shunned that option. We do not follow them or their perverted logic.

charity
    Participant

Amen
    The children of God are co heirs with the Son, To be called a son by election; On that day, will also the holy Ghost desend as a figure and a voice in the heavens will announce this is my Son Adoption wit
    sealed power of death swallowed up.

Just by right believing with faith and hope to what we shall become.

charity
    Participant

INTERESTING

Job 13:3 Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God.

SO DO ALL MEN DESIRE

Job 13:7 Will ye speak wickedly for God? and talk deceitfully for him?
    Job 13:8 Will ye accept his person? will ye contend for God?
    Job 13:9 Is it good that he should search you out? or as one man mocketh another, do ye [so] mock him?
    Job 13:10 He will surely reprove you, if ye do secretly accept persons.
    Job 13:11 Shall not his excellency make you afraid? and his dread fall upon you?

kenrch
    Participant

Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods?
    Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (and the scripture cannot be broken),

Sons of God, God in us through the Holy Spirit. Of course we will never have as much of God's Spirit as Jesus the ONLY begotten Son. Jesus has so much of God's Spirit He and the Father are one, yet Jesus has his own spirit also just as we do. So yes in that respect just as Jesus said we are gods just as He is God being a Son of God. God will be all in all.

Joh 10:30 I and the Father are one. We should be one! That was Jesus' prayer that we would be one just as He and the Father are one. Sadly the flesh gets in the way.

Joh 17:11 And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are.

Joh 10:38 But if I do them, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

amen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There are two dimensions, the earthly and the heavenly.
    God created all including the earthly and maintains it through The Word.
    At present He infuses His creation as Spirit but intervenes in major ways rarely.
    Throughout history He has manifested strongly on earth through chosen men sending his grace and mercy.
    All this work culminated in the mission of His Son and the continued empowering of new sons from 2000 years ago.
    The design was to unite earth with God through Spirit and grace.
    All answers are Spirit and grace.
    All is Spirit,
    All is grace.
    Know our nothingness
    and grasp for all that can be given.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2007,18:51)
    Hi CB,

” That is a cow”
    ” No it is not”
    ” It is a cow. I know what cows look like. Look it has four hooves and an udder, it has horns and that is a farmer milking it”
    “No CB. Can you hear it mooing and could you milk it?
    That is a picture of a cow and a farmer.
    Get it right, not just according to your understanding.”

That's a cow of an analogy lol

Oxy
    Participant

You amaze me Nick, you have just said amen to Kenrch saying that Jesus is God.

Quote: So yes in that respect just as Jesus said we are gods just as He is God being a Son of God. God will be all in all.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 29 2007,08:55)

Quote: So yes in that respect just as Jesus said we are gods just as He is God being a Son of God.  God will be all in all.

Oxy,

Brother, I never said the Holy Spirit is a person. I'm saying that through the Spirit we are children of the Father and therefore gods LIKE Jesus but on a much SMALLER, SMALLER scale. We will never have the fullness of the Spirit that Jesus has. Jesus has all the Spirit of the Father. Does that make Jesus God? Sure! But not the Father. God all in all! Many gods OR don't you know that we will judge angels?

Love and peace Brother,

Ken

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 29 2007,12:31)

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 29 2007,08:55)

Quote: So yes in that respect just as Jesus said we are gods just as He is God being a Son of God. God will be all in all.

Oxy,

Brother, I never said the Holy Spirit is a person. I'm saying that through the Spirit we are children of the Father and therefore gods LIKE Jesus but on a much SMALLER, SMALLER scale. We will never have the fullness of the Spirit that Jesus has. Jesus has all the Spirit of the Father. Does that make Jesus God? Sure! But not the Father. God all in all! Many gods OR don't you know that we will judge angels?

Love and peace Brother,

Ken

Hi Kenrch, blessings bro. Not sure where you are coming from with this post my friend. I didn't mention the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 24 2007,14:27)
    Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    Joh 10:34  Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, ye are gods?
    Joh 10:35  If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came (and the scripture cannot be broken),

Sons of God,  God in us through the Holy Spirit.  Of course we will never have as much of God's Spirit as Jesus the ONLY begotten Son.  Jesus has so much of God's Spirit He and the Father are one, yet Jesus has his own spirit also just as we do. So yes in that respect just as Jesus said we are gods just as He is God being a Son of God.  God will be all in all.

Joh 10:30  I and the Father are one.  We should be one! That was Jesus' prayer that we would be one just as He and the Father are one.  Sadly the flesh gets in the way.

Joh 17:11  And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are.

Joh 10:38  But if I do them, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.

Hi Oxy,
    I have no problem calling Jesus and even men and angels Elohim as that is what scripture does.
    But such a given appellation causes no confusion with the ONE TRUE GOD we worship, the God and Father of Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    No sacred cows here.
    Neither is there any babylonian trinity that describes a God who
    CHANGES
    IS PARTIALLY HUMAN
    AND DIES
    such as you offer us in the body, soul and spirit analogy.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 29 2007,20:46)
    Hi Oxy,
    No sacred cows here.
    Neither is there any babylonian trinity that describes a God who
    CHANGES
    IS PARTIALLY HUMAN
    AND DIES
    such as you offer us in the body, soul and spirit analogy.

I'm not too familiar with Babylonian beliefs Nick. But if you say God never changes, have you considered the Word of God who was God and was with God. He became flesh. That's a pretty radical change. Then all power was given to Jesus by the Father, so He who only did as the Father showed Him now has all authority. That's a pretty radical change. And what about the Almighty who now isn't because He chose to be a Father instead. That's a pretty radical change.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    God does not change.
    Malachi 3:6
    For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
    James 1:17
    Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

Jesus is not our God.
    He is the Son of God.
    He partook of flesh.
    But God did not become a man.

Morning Star
    Participant

Here is an excellent essay on the Holy Spirit:

http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d910201.htm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MS,
    From the article
    “Or the other hand, if the Spirit is simply the power of God to exercise the purpose of Gods will on earth and in the universe (like electricity that travels along a metal wire), then Paul’s statement to Timothy (I Timothy 2:5) and in all other sections of his epistles makes perfectly good sense.”
    One cannot grieve or lie to the power of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

cont
    “The Holy Spirit must simply be the power that the Father and Christ use to accomplish their purposes throughout the universe. Note this. God is described as being everywhere in the universe. “If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell [sheol], behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me” (Ps, 139:8-10). How is it possible for God to be in all these places as described by the psalmist, and still be in all other places with everyone else of his children? The answer is simple. The psalmist also said: “Whither shall I go from thy Spirit” (Psa.139:7). It is God’s Spirit, not himself, which pervades the totality of the universe. God, as a personality and as an individual is in one place at one time and He is not (of himself as a personality) located everywhere at the same time throughout the universe That the Spirit can be everywhere at once like an electrical power that emanates from God. …The Spirit, in this case, is like the telephone line, or the radio beam, which is actively energized with electrical power to allow one to be in communication [communion] with someone else while the parties are at a distance from one another.”

The Spirit of God cannot be likened to an just inanimate force as the JWs do and this man does.
    God fully manifested in Christ, as Spirit, while being in heaven. God is not like some trivial part of His creation such as electricity.

Becauce of Him
    Participant

THE HOLLY SPIRIT IN THE BIBLE HE IS A PERSON SEE FOR YOUR SELF>
    Acts 5:3-4 Eternal
    Heb. 9:14 Dove
    Matt. 3:15 Blasphemy
    Matt. 12:31 Conceived of
    Matt. 1:18,20
    Lord
    2 Cor. 3:18 Omnipotent
    Luke 1:35 Wind
    John 3:5 Resist (Unbelief)
    Acts 7:51 Baptism
    Matt. 3:15
    Spirit
    1 Cor. 2:10 Omnipresent
    Psalm 139:7-10 Fire
    Acts 2:3 Insult
    Heb. 10:29 Led by
    Luke 4:1
    Spirit of God
    1 Cor. 3:16 Will
    1 Cor. 12:11 ***** Lied to
    Acts 5:3 Filled with Power
    Luke 4:14,18
    Spirit of Truth
    John 15:26 Loves
    Rom. 15:30 ***** Grieved
    Eph. 4:30 Witness of Jesus
    John 15:26
    Eternal Spirit
    Heb. 9:14 Speaks
    Acts 8:29; 13:2 ***** Quench
    1 Thess. 5:19 Raised Jesus
    Rom. 8:11

Viewing 20 posts - 1,321 through 1,340 (of 6,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account